PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson..Hall of Famer?

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 10:24 AM
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000082186/giants-rookie-david-wilson-ill-be-in-the-hall-of-fame/

johnson
10-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I like how he compares himself to birth control. Protip: Wrap up them balls, David, you will see more action.(yes I mean footballs....maybe)

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I like how he compares himself to birth control. Protip: Wrap up them balls, David, you will see more action.(yes I mean footballs)You sure you meant that? Lol

thegiantsrule10
10-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I read the article and the fact that the writer said his most famous moment was him allegedly crying on the sideline annoys me, how about his run against cleveland and his kick-off against san fran.

Blue in Oz
10-19-2012, 10:36 AM
If he can get rid of the fumbles, he has all the tools..

Mistanihan
10-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Maybe one day, chap. Lets get you over 100 yards on the season first! :D

DemandedAce
10-19-2012, 10:45 AM
I like how he compares himself to birth control. Protip: Wrap up them balls, David, you will see more action.(yes I mean footballs....maybe)

LOL coming from the guy named Johnson, too!!

GameTime
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
ehh....dont now if I like what he said. I like the confidence but the analogy was stupid....unless he meant to be funny at the same time...

nygpolishpunk
10-19-2012, 10:52 AM
The birth control line is priceless. I can't stop laughing. I kind of wonder if being around the Unicorn had this effect on him

YATittle1962
10-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Maybe one day, chap. Lets get you over 100 yards on the season first! :D

oh come on ...you know it's not all about stats

:)

FBomb
10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
They're letting rookies in the HOF?

jomo
10-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I like how he compares himself to birth control. Protip: Wrap up them balls, David, you will see more action.(yes I mean footballs....maybe)...easy there big fella.

jomo
10-19-2012, 11:08 AM
They're letting rookies in the HOF?..........without a start no less!

FBomb
10-19-2012, 11:10 AM
..........without a start no less!

Damn this new NFL is confusing!!!

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Damn this new NFL is confusing!!!

It's the new CBA

giantsfan420
10-19-2012, 11:18 AM
It's the new CBA
lol

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 11:21 AM
ehh....dont now if I like what he said. I like the confidence but the analogy was stupid....unless he meant to be funny at the same time...I agree good luck piece.

Cool Papa B.
10-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I read the article and have no problem with what he said. He didn't call out his teammates, or any players around the league. He didn't dis' any of his coaches either. He's a very confident person and that's good. there's nothing wrong with setting goals. I just hope he understands that he is in New york and the media could be relentless. The minute he makes a mistake they will throw this back in his face constantly. So he better be prepared for that.

Now get out there Tiki Junior and start blocking for Eli!!!!!

BeatYale
10-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Why start your NFL career off by giving the media so much fuel to burn you with? The unrealistic goals he had were bad enough. You don't even hear guys like Peyton or Brady anointing themselves to the HOF even they know they are headed there. Statements like that create more perceptions of arrogance when it's always better to be humble with the media in regards to PR reputation.

GMan-67
10-19-2012, 12:55 PM
ha, here we go with the extremes again

for many "fans" players fall into 2 categories

BUST or HOF ... .there is nothing in between

oh he said it .... haha, well listen you cant play in the NFL without being confident ... id rather he didnt say that, but i dont think it's going to add any bullentin board material for our opponents ... just another young confident player in the league

jonnyhaze
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
I think way too much is made of his fumbling issue. The guy fumbles ONCE during his first game in the NFL !
Now every time he touches the ball, every commentator and every news reporter makes sure to remind everyone of his "fumbling problem"
If Wilson doesn't fumble again the rest of the season, I bet they are still going to mention it.

Giants5699
10-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Really? He's played 6 games.

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty split on the whole HOF comment really. I think it's great he's confident in his skills, but his attention should be on the Skins game.

GameTime
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I think way too much is made of his fumbling issue. The guy fumbles ONCE during his first game in the NFL !
Now every time he touches the ball, every commentator and every news reporter makes sure to remind everyone of his "fumbling problem"
If Wilson doesn't fumble again the rest of the season, I bet they are still going to mention it.
I think he had an issue in college too......but I may be wrong about that

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Does that mean he's going to change his ****ing number again?

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I think he had an issue in college too......but I may be wrong about that

You would be correct

TheBookOfEli
10-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Barring injuries, he should make the HOF. I love this kid's confidence and his ability to bounce back from down moments.

gumby74
10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
David Wilson should be in the hall of fame as of right now. That way, if he does make it, I can tell everyone I told you so.

TheEnigma
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh Wilson...let's start a game before we get that far buddy.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 02:17 PM
strange comment coming from a Rookie, but he has a shot.......the biggest issue for him is playing time and possible injuries

Athletically he is as good as it gets

rainierjef
10-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh Wilson...let's start a game before we get that far buddy.

Sigh* I like the kid, but in the words of Keyshaw Johnson and the rest of them guys "COME ON MAN!!!"

BlueBlooded1979
10-19-2012, 03:07 PM
One of the vets needs to pull him aside and explain that is not how NY Giants conduct themselves in the media. Shut up and play the game. Maybe they could find him one of those "Talk is Cheap" shirts.

giantsfan420
10-19-2012, 03:18 PM
eh, i know its a brash statement. but its one of those things where i think i'd actually be more worried if he DIDN'T feel that way. Similar with QBs, not every single QB is #1 in the league, but u have a bunch of them who believe in themselves and that they are the best...I think RB and ESPECIALLY QB, u need to have that kind of belief in yourself almost to the extent of being overly confident. in order to do great things, you have to believe you are capable of great things.

do i like wilson saying it to the media? eh, not really although i dont know the exact context. do i like that wilson believes he will be in the hall one day? heckyeah!

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 03:23 PM
..Maybe he can be a spokesperson for birth control?

TextureDj
10-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I came in here, popcorn in hand, ready to watch a good old fashioned skewerin' of whoever was oee their rocker far enough to make such a ridiculous thread.

Not even sure what to say now that I have red the article. Certainly dont feel like eating my popcorn anymore. Might be time for JPP to fire up the old cold tub, someone needs a little humility lesson.

TheEnigma
10-19-2012, 03:27 PM
..Maybe he can be a spokesperson for birth control?

"These new pills will come through for you like I do every Sunday for the New York Football Giants!" *Big grin for the camera*

...David Wilson is only a spokesperson for this product and has no actual experience using it. Side effects can be...

giantsfan420
10-19-2012, 03:31 PM
would anyone want a player who thought "i'm not good enough to make the HOF"?

i bet EVERY young player believes they COULD make the HOF. only a rare rare few believe it so strongly they're willing to publically state so

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 03:33 PM

i bet EVERY young player believes they COULD make the HOF. only a rare rare few believe it so strongly they're willing to publically state soI think most people want him to produce first, rather than say it. He's not even a starter yet, and he's already proclaiming to be in the HOF.

I don't have a problem with his confidence, but it's waaaay too early to be thinking HOF.

TheEnigma
10-19-2012, 03:38 PM

i bet EVERY young player believes they COULD make the HOF. only a rare rare few believe it so strongly they're willing to publically state so

Those are things you should keep to yourself and not mention to the media. The only player on this roster who should even speak about the HOF is Eli and he knows better than that. If the situation was RG3 proclaiming he was going to Canton, this board would be making fun of him for it.

nhpgiantsfan
10-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Geez, Shut up and learn how to pass protect so you can get more than 3 carries a game.

FBomb
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Geez, Shut up and learn how to pass protect so you can get more than 3 carries a game.

THIS!!! +1000

rainierjef
10-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Those are things you should keep to yourself and not mention to the media. The only player on this roster who should even speak about the HOF is Eli and he knows better than that. If the situation was RG3 proclaiming he was going to Canton, this board would be making fun of him for it.

Exactly.

slipknottin
10-19-2012, 04:54 PM
At his current rate of 5 carries a game, it will take him 37.5 seasons to hit 3000 carries. Which is about the number of carries most modern era backs in the HoF have.

If he is still playing in 37 seasons, at age 58, then yes, he will certainly be in the HoF.

nygpolishpunk
10-19-2012, 04:57 PM
At the least he made himself a ridiculous nickname... you KNOW the announcers are going to say something about Birth Control the next time he touches the ball

Eliscruzzz
10-19-2012, 05:05 PM
This is a terrible decision the whole thing....saying he is a HOF,saying he is like BC. Come on man your not even a starting running back yet, just stayed focused on doing that first. I know self-confidence is a great thing to have but just say exactly that....smh. I have the confidence in my ability to become a good player in this league for a long time. WHY even say this DW. I still love him as our future RB but clearly he has some maturing to do.

TheEnigma
10-19-2012, 05:10 PM
At the least he made himself a ridiculous nickname... you KNOW the announcers are going to say something about Birth Control the next time he touches the ball

David Wilson is a generic name and we can all admit that. I think I'm going to start calling him Birth Control.

slipknottin
10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I still say his nickname should be rabbit. Still fits with the BC reference.

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah he being too ****y can be bad for his health.

BeatYale
10-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Barring injuries, he should make the HOF. I love this kid's confidence and his ability to bounce back from down moments.

Can you elaborate on him bouncing back from down moments?

bearbryant
10-19-2012, 05:45 PM
You could really see the talent he has watching him return KO's. He's perfect. No dilly- dallying; makes a decision and puts it into OD. If he keeps returning he'll bescoring some TD's. The guys wind! Go Giants!

giantsfan420
10-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I think most people want him to produce first, rather than say it. He's not even a starter yet, and he's already proclaiming to be in the HOF.

I don't have a problem with his confidence, but it's waaaay too early to be thinking HOF.
true

Harooni
10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
next time a girl asks me to use a jimmy hat ,ill say nah its cool baby, i am a giants fan, and point to my wilson poster.

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 07:32 PM
next time a girl asks me to use a jimmy hat ,ill say nah its cool baby, i am a giants fan, and point to my wilson poster.Then David will pop out and say ""These new pills will come through for you like I do every Sunday for the New York Football Giants!"

Credit goes to Enigma.

Harooni
10-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Then David will pop out and say ""These new pills will come through for you like I do every Sunday for the New York Football Giants!"

Credit goes to Enigma.
lmao "what is he doing in our bed?" "oh he is here for protection babe"

NYGabriel
10-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Cris Carter says David Wilson - C'mon man!!

Cool Papa B.
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if TC sat him down after practice and explained to him how to handle the media and how to answer certain questions.

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 11:38 PM
WHAT !!!!!!!!

Captain Chaos
10-20-2012, 07:28 AM
A little early for that I would say!

Marvelousmik
10-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Anyone get the feeling this team is starting to get a little c0cky again?

appodictic
10-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Hall of fame. Can this guy get a bigger head?

I get the bad feeling that Wilson is going to have a 1000 yard season right before his rookie contract is over. Then he is going to want Hall of fame $$.

ALLnygIN
10-21-2012, 02:29 AM
I don't take issue with him saying it. He should have thought it through, because whenever he struggles or has a bad game this could and probably will be used against him. I love the confidence, and I love that the kid feels this way, becuase that tells me he's got some heart and is willing to learn, his confidence is increasing and thats a good thing. Some of you guys blow stuff way out of context.

appodictic
10-21-2012, 09:54 AM
He is an egotistical jerk that chose an abortion/birth control issue as a way to bring more attention to himself. Moreover while what he said is sensation, it is not even clever. What is he going to top it off with? "I'm like an abortion. I am taking other teams out before they ave a chance". He made the team look dumb and bad when we could be riding high. I bet once this guys rookie contract is over he is going to want hall of fame money. I bet he holds out on us, acting like he is a top running back.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 10:02 AM
He is an egotistical jerk that chose an abortion/birth control issue as a way to bring more attention to himself. Moreover while what he said is sensation, it is not even clever. What is he going to top it off with? "I'm like an abortion. I am taking other teams out before they ave a chance". He made the team look dumb and bad when we could be riding high. I bet once this guys rookie contract is over he is going to want hall of fame money. I bet he holds out on us, acting like he is a top running back. Is the red font not working? Or...

brad
10-21-2012, 10:04 AM
This was a dumb statement by an inexperienced player... let's hope it stays as just that and that he learns how to deal with the media better.

GiantVibes
10-21-2012, 10:05 AM
kid has some growing up to do. enough said.