PDA

View Full Version : IF

miked1958
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
We lose to jets we can let eagles back in?..

I shouldn't say if. Real good chance we do.

If we do and any of u still have hope. We need to become Dallas fans next week so our game with them means something . We give control to Philly if we lose to jets

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Giants need to win out to get the title and get into the playoffs. It just doesn't get any simpler. Eagles are still 1 loss behind the Giants.

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
If we lose to the Jets, we're done. And that's all that matters.

The Cowboys & Eagles can go screw themselves.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:05 PM

Not exactly but probably true. If the Giants lose to the Jets but beat the Cowboys they can still get in if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and then lose their last game. I think.

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Not exactly but probably true. If the Giants lose to the Jets but beat the Cowboys they can still get in if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and then lose their last game. I think.

Yes, but what are the chances of the Eagles losing their last game to the Redskins (in Philly) with the Eagles playing like they are now?

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Giants had the divison lead twice and lost them. Now they have to get it a third time. No one else to blame this season.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
If we lose to the Jets, we're done. And that's all that matters. The Cowboys &amp; Eagles can go screw themselves. Not exactly but probably true. If the Giants lose to the Jets but beat the Cowboys they can still get in if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and then lose their last game. I think.</P>

no absolutely not. if we do not beat the jets we are out.</P>

tonyt830
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
If all 3 teams finish 8-8, Eagles win the East---Eagles win tiebreaker on Cowboys (head to head) and better divisional record (5-1 to 3-3).</P>

</P>

Thats the only way the Eagles get in. If the Eagles lose to the Boys next week, they are out of it. It could come down to a 2 team race, as long as the Giants win and the Cowboys win next week. But I wont be holding my breathe on "as long as" or "ifs" LOL!!</P>

miked1958
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
We lose to jets we can let eagles back in?..

I shouldn't say if. Real good chance we do.

If we do and any of u still have hope. We need to become Dallas fans next week so our game with them means something . We give control to Philly if we lose to jets

Wow.. Incorrect post.
If we lose and Dallas wins we our two back with one left
We would need Philly to beat Dallas.
Us to beat Dallas
And skins to beat philly
Lol

miked1958
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
You guys are right. We lose we are done

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
complete scenarios</P>

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/33851/nfc-east-playoff-scenarios-update</P>

tonyt830
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
If we lose to the Jets, we're done. And that's all that matters. The Cowboys &amp; Eagles can go screw themselves. Not exactly but probably true. If the Giants lose to the Jets but beat the Cowboys they can still get in if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and then lose their last game. I think.</P>

no absolutely not. if we do not beat the jets we are out.</P>we are only out next week, if we lose and the Cowboys win---we would be 7-8 and the Cowboys 9-6 going into the finale.

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 09:15 PM
If we lose to the Jets, we're done. And that's all that matters. The Cowboys & Eagles can go screw themselves. Not exactly but probably true. If the Giants lose to the Jets but beat the Cowboys they can still get in if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and then lose their last game. I think.</P>

if the Giants didn't play like crap to get swept by the 9-loss redskins (lol!) and lose to Eagles at home, we all woulda had a different discussion with a different mood.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM

we are only out next week, if we lose and the Cowboys win---we would be 7-8 and the Cowboys 9-6 going into the finale.</P>

yes true. if we lose n boys lose then its win and in vs cowboys week 17 but if eagles win out they win the east crown</P>

tonyt830
12-18-2011, 09:23 PM

we are only out next week, if we lose and the Cowboys win---we would be 7-8 and the Cowboys 9-6 going into the finale.</P>

yes true. if we lose n boys lose then its win and in vs cowboys week 17</P>

ok, if you are saying if we lose to the Jets, the Boys lose to the Eagles and the Giants are in with a W in week 17, that would be correct only if the Eagles lose to the Skins in week 17. Like I said earlier, in a 3 way tie at 8-8 the Eagles would have a tiebreaker over both the Giants and Cowboys.</P>

</P>

If the Giants go into the final game at 7-8, the Cowboys at 8-7 and the Eagles at 7-8, the Cowboys would be a win and in at 9-7. So next week is equally important for the Giants and Cowboys in their respective games. A Jets win today would have put the Eagles on the couch in January.</P>

GameTime
12-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Giants need to win out to get the title and get into the playoffs. It just doesn't get any simpler. Eagles are still 1 loss behind the Giants.</P>

sounds like a nice plan but they suck......remember.....[:|]</P>

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Giants need to win out to get the title and get into the playoffs. It just doesn't get any simpler. Eagles are still 1 loss behind the Giants.</P>

sounds like a nice plan but they suck......remember.....[:|]</P>

I think they tossed the redskins game knowing that they just need to win the last 2. Not nice for the home fans that paid to see that game in the cold weather. I might be wrong.

But they definitely tossed the Saints game to prepare for the Packers/Cowboys game.