PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal RB situation?

njg85m
10-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Just curious to see what everyone is hoping for going forward as far as our RB situation goes?

I was wrong when I predicted that AB would be splitting carries 50/50 by week 6, but for me it's a little bit of a dilemma because it is obvious that even though he is our best choice right now as a reliable starter he is beginning to near that age for a running back. And with 2 studs behind him, I'm just curious as to what we would hope for as far as playing time going forward? I think it's obvious that our staff believes that at this point Andre Brown is going to be the safer choice to carry the rest of the load than David Wilson may be, yet David has a lot more long term potential.
For that reason, is it a risk to Keep David in more of a return/situation type role when he clearly has more upside potential, or should we throw him in now in a more active role even though he may not be as ready as Brown, but could produce more in the long run with more of a risk in the short term?

My guess at this point is that we see Andre Brown filling the majority of the carries that AB doesn't get, and continue to use David in kickoffs and situational plays. Maybe perhaps even lining him up outside occasionally for screens / end arounds.

I'm a bit torn here because I don't know what the ideal split will be. AB won't be around for much longer and I want to see David get more actual carries so he can develop into what we all know that he can be, but for right now how do we ignore Andre Browns recent play when he was called upon out of nowhere?

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
I would like Earth Wind and Fire to come back.

TheEnigma
10-19-2012, 03:16 PM
I can't really imagine that Brown will get too many carries for the Redskins game coming off the concussion but I could be wrong. I'm expecting another heavy Bradshaw load but at some point in the season, we need to consider cutting back his carries for our long-term playoff success. David "Birth Control" Wilson has earned himself some action past garbage time runs but perhaps Coughlin is content with his role thus far.

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 03:17 PM
I can't really imagine that Brown will get too many carries for the Redskins game coming off the concussion but I could be wrong. I'm expecting another heavy Bradshaw load but at some point in the season, we need to consider cutting back his carries for our long-term playoff success. David "Birth Control" Wilson has earned himself some action past garbage time runs but perhaps Coughlin is content with his role thus far.Nice nickname.

ashleymarie
10-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Bradshaw is our workhorse. He will get the carries as long as he is healthy. Brown and Wilson will get their shots, but not at will. Only when they are called upon. I think they will be ready. And I know most of us fans want to see more from them. Just not while Bradshaw's burning the tires.

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't really imagine that Brown will get too many carries for the Redskins game coming off the concussion but I could be wrong. I'm expecting another heavy Bradshaw load but at some point in the season, we need to consider cutting back his carries for our long-term playoff success. David "Birth Control" Wilson has earned himself some action past garbage time runs but perhaps Coughlin is content with his role thus far.You aint lyin.

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I can't really imagine that Brown will get too many carries for the Redskins game coming off the concussion but I could be wrong. I'm expecting another heavy Bradshaw load but at some point in the season, we need to consider cutting back his carries for our long-term playoff success. David "Birth Control" Wilson has earned himself some action past garbage time runs but perhaps Coughlin is content with his role thus far.

I would agree about Brown except it's two weeks removed now. I'd imagine Bradshaw will be the largest share of the burden coming off two good games with Brown in relief and WIlson available for a few more snaps than he has been getting.

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Bradshaw is our workhorse. He will get the carries as long as he is healthy. Brown and Wilson will get their shots, but not at will. Only when they are called upon. I think they will be ready. And I know most of us fans want to see more from them. Just not while Bradshaw's burning the tires. Unfortunately, he might not be burning any tires this Sunday as he is now listed as questionable. Didn't practice today because of a sore foot. I think it's pre-cautionary, no setbacks or anything but still..

TrueBlue@NYC
10-19-2012, 03:23 PM
I hope TC continues to give Wilson some action each game. I personally think they should look at how the saints used their backs last year. Everyone had a role and got some time on the field.

AB should be the primary carrier, Wilson taking carries here and there for a break and maybe use brown in a 3rd down role.

nhpgiantsfan
10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
AB=65%, AB2=25%, HOF'er 10%

Ruttiger711
10-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Just curious to see what everyone is hoping for going forward as far as our RB situation goes?

I was wrong when I predicted that AB would be splitting carries 50/50 by week 6, but for me it's a little bit of a dilemma because it is obvious that even though he is our best choice right now as a reliable starter he is beginning to near that age for a running back. And with 2 studs behind him, I'm just curious as to what we would hope for as far as playing time going forward? I think it's obvious that our staff believes that at this point Andre Brown is going to be the safer choice to carry the rest of the load than David Wilson may be, yet David has a lot more long term potential.
For that reason, is it a risk to Keep David in more of a return/situation type role when he clearly has more upside potential, or should we throw him in now in a more active role even though he may not be as ready as Brown, but could produce more in the long run with more of a risk in the short term?

My guess at this point is that we see Andre Brown filling the majority of the carries that AB doesn't get, and continue to use David in kickoffs and situational plays. Maybe perhaps even lining him up outside occasionally for screens / end arounds.

I'm a bit torn here because I don't know what the ideal split will be. AB won't be around for much longer and I want to see David get more actual carries so he can develop into what we all know that he can be, but for right now how do we ignore Andre Browns recent play when he was called upon out of nowhere?

He's 26 so not really hitting THAT age yet... although it can be said his feet are nearing AARP age. I wouldnt mind seeing each back get a full drive as if they were #1 early in the game... not sure you have that luxury later in the game.

Moke
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Get rid of Bradshaw next year.

Go after Michael Bush and have him split carries with THE David Wilson

ryan12
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM

i usually agree with you mike but michael bush is garbage. id like to see wilson start next year and give brown some touches

Moke
10-19-2012, 04:00 PM
i usually agree with you mike but michael bush is garbage. id like to see wilson start next year and give brown some touches

I don't think Michael Bush is garbage, I think he's an ideal good #2 back for sure.

I just wish Bradshaw wouldn't get hurt all the time.

Ruttiger711
10-19-2012, 04:14 PM

I dont know - that just sounds way too similar to the jets "solution" at running back when they had Thomas Jones.

Toadofsteel
10-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I think Wilson/Brown will be the next Bradshaw/Jacobs.

BlueBlooded1979
10-19-2012, 04:48 PM

Bush signed a 4 year contract in Chicago almost identical to Bradshaws. I doubt he is leaving when Forte misses games every year.

Moke
10-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Bush signed a 4 year contract in Chicago almost identical to Bradshaws. I doubt he is leaving when Forte misses games every year.

It was wishful thinking, not like it really was going to happen.

TroyArcher
10-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Injuries will happen so you need all three. It is a long season. If AB continues to run like he did last two weeks he will get the majority of the carries. Wilson should be used for screens, draws... Brown can hopefully be a good short yardage back. All 3 will be important. It is a long season.

nygpolishpunk
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I think Wilson/Brown will be the next Bradshaw/Jacobs.Personally I liked Jacobs/Ward better, especially in 2008. Those two put together were a power house.

Eliscruzzz
10-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Go after Michael Bush and have him split carries with THE David Wilson Are you serious??? Bradshaw has been a beast so far this season. He has done nothing to have himself traded....especially for Michael Bush.

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 05:27 PM
If Bradshaw can't suit up...........got no choice, It has to be Wilson & Brown >>>>>>>>>>>Get them READY !!
And With you know who else !!

Go Giants >> Score TD's

BigBlue wins
10-19-2012, 10:57 PM

I'm sorry, I am not this rude...but you're so completely wrong. Get rid of Bradshaw? Was that a joke, seriously?

Cool Papa B.
10-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I would like Earth Wind and Fire to come back.

This trio needs a unique nickname. Earth, wind and fire was the past. I'm trying to come up with something, but they all sound corny.

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 03:13 AM
i want them all healthy !!!

a thought did occur to me though and i dont think it's realistic, but since no RB can carry the load thru a full season without breaking down

which is why teams have, at least, 2 guys sharing the load if not 3

what i've noticed is that it seems better to have one guy get 80-90% of the carries one week and then the following week, the next guy can do that

instead of one series for one back, one series for another back

now try tapping a competitor like Bradshaw on the shoulder and telling him it's not his week ... wait until next week ... and then worse try re-signing a guy that you kinda bench every other week ...

but just an observation and in seriousness, what im waiting for is a real package for Wilson ... we need to start sharing the load and what better way to do that than to get future HOFer Wilson more snaps on O :)

Captain Chaos
10-20-2012, 07:15 AM
With Wilson's ability to provide great field position on kickoffs this year I don't see how you can not keep him there, he is a huge threat. I think that they are content with Bradshaw as the featured back, Brown as the change of pace, and Wilson in for some change of pace stuff. I think they want to bring Wilson along slowly and he will certainly be central to what we do in the future....

nycsportzfan
10-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Ideal RB situation would be Ahmad staying healthy for a full season.. I don't care whos healthy as the backup as long as one of Ware or Wilson is healthy to go with Ahmad.. But all in all, Ahmad healthy is the most ideal situation of all..