PDA

View Full Version : Giants Look To Bring Road Success Home

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 03:39 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-look-to-bring-road-success-home/dcdb109e-b856-4939-970d-be0631d0c2ff

Excrept: "Few NFL teams rule the road like the Giants.

Since the start of the 2007 season – which ended with the first of their two most recent Super Bowl victories – the Giants are 28-15 (.651) as visitors. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that is the league’s second-best road record in that span, behind only New England (30-14). During that same period, the Giants are 25-18 (.581) in Giants and MetLife stadiums, the league’s 16th-best home record.

The Giants are one of just five teams with a better road record than home record in those five-plus seasons. The others are Oakland, Miami, Philadelphia and Washington (interesting, isn’t it, that three of the five are NFC East teams)?

So what gives?

“I think this team is so built on the notion of backs against the wall that I think sometimes we’re kind of relaxed at home a little bit and that’s hurt us in games,” said defensive end and captain
Justin Tuck
. “We still feel very confident about our home crowd and how we’re able to win games at home. But we’ve had a little bit more success on the road in recent history.”

“I was thinking about it the other day,” running back Ahmad Bradshaw said. “I don’t know what it is at home, but away, we feel like the pressure is on us and we play good under pressure. But at home, we just feel like a lot of things are just going to come to us. It’s not like we don’t work as hard or we don’t play as hard at home. I just feel like we get lackadaisical and we feel like it’s going to be handed to us.” Read more...

BillTheGreek
10-20-2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-look-to-bring-road-success-home/dcdb109e-b856-4939-970d-be0631d0c2ff

Excrept: "Few NFL teams rule the road like the Giants.

Since the start of the 2007 season – which ended with the first of their two most recent Super Bowl victories – the Giants are 28-15 (.651) as visitors. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that is the league’s second-best road record in that span, behind only New England (30-14). During that same period, the Giants are 25-18 (.581) in Giants and MetLife stadiums, the league’s 16th-best home record.

The Giants are one of just five teams with a better road record than home record in those five-plus seasons. The others are Oakland, Miami, Philadelphia and Washington (interesting, isn’t it, that three of the five are NFC East teams)?

So what gives?

“I think this team is so built on the notion of backs against the wall that I think sometimes we’re kind of relaxed at home a little bit and that’s hurt us in games,” said defensive end and captain
Justin Tuck
. “We still feel very confident about our home crowd and how we’re able to win games at home. But we’ve had a little bit more success on the road in recent history.”

“I was thinking about it the other day,” running back Ahmad Bradshaw said. “I don’t know what it is at home, but away, we feel like the pressure is on us and we play good under pressure. But at home, we just feel like a lot of things are just going to come to us. It’s not like we don’t work as hard or we don’t play as hard at home. I just feel like we get lackadaisical and we feel like it’s going to be handed to us.” Read more...

"Giants Look To Bring Road Success Home "

JUST IN TIME !

BigBlueAllDay
10-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Giants have shown they can dominate at home when they have too. (Last regular season game vs. Dallas and the Wildcard game vs. Falcons last season).
It's a lot more about practice, preparation and of course...momentum than the home vs. away stuff, which I wouldn't go too deep into.

GameTime
10-20-2012, 10:47 AM
"lacksidasical"...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????? ???

WTF.........

RoanokeFan
10-20-2012, 11:28 AM
"lacksidasical"...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????? ???

WTF.........

I think it's all psychological with the players. But I also think TC has done his homework and makes sure they understand they can't take games off, mentally.

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm a little confused. It's been shown during some games that Eli has almost identical stats at home and on the road. That includes wins and losses.