PDA

View Full Version : Who is the MVP of this team, but ...

BlueSanta
10-19-2012, 03:57 PM
You CANNOT choose Eli, because it would be too easy.

I would have to say either Bradshaw or Cruz, but it is a hard choice. JPP might be another consideration.

Ill be clear tho, you cannot pick Eli. You cannot pick Eli's parents for giving birth to him. Nor can you pick Ernie Accorsi for drafting him or the Chargers for trading him to us. Anything related to Eli is off limmits.

Moke
10-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Jerry Reese - too easy. Guy made this team a living masterpiece. Look at it, every guy that comes in to replace an injured guy is just oozing with talent.

**** everyone else, the MVP is jerry reese.

RoanokeFan
10-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Joe Skiba

TheEnigma
10-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Will Beatty. He can pass block, run block, cook, sew...

Seriously though, he's a huge reason this offense isn't one dimensional this season.

stormblue
10-19-2012, 04:06 PM
but Eli IS the mvp. everybody else is pretty much replaceable.....
by their backup right here on this team. Eli is the offense.

and there is no defensive standout or leader at this time.

you can't have a 2nd mvp , that's why it's called mvp. cuz nobody else comes close.

Eli goes down and we don't make the playoffs.....can't say that for anyone else on the team

there is no 2nd best . it's Eli ......and then the rest .

(and i didn't pick him , i just refused to pick anyone else.....
so i didn't technically break your thread rules.)

Ruttiger711
10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
but Eli IS the mvp. everybody else is pretty much replaceable.....
by their backup right here on this team. Eli is the offense.

and there is no defensive standout or leader at this time.

you can't have a 2nd mvp , that's why it's called mvp. cuz nobody else comes close.

Eli goes down and we don't make the playoffs.....can't say that for anyone else on the team

there is no 2nd best . it's Eli ......and then the rest .

(and i didn't pick him , i just refused to pick anyone else.....
so i didn't technically break your thread rules.)

Using the same type of arguement that many had about the"true" mvp of SB42 being the defense...

it's the Offense - so many players stepping in when called upon and doing more than just filling the position.

giantsforce
10-19-2012, 04:31 PM
You CANNOT choose Eli, because it would be too easy.

I would have to say either Bradshaw or Cruz, but it is a hard choice. JPP might be another consideration.

Ill be clear tho, you cannot pick Eli. You cannot pick Eli's parents for giving birth to him. Nor can you pick Ernie Accorsi for drafting him or the Chargers for trading him to us. Anything related to Eli is off limmits.Beckum. He is not related to Eli, he is related to Sinorice Moss.

jax5338
10-19-2012, 04:38 PM
id say cruz bc who knows how hard it would have been for eli with our backups had teams not paid so much attention to cruz those couple games. he still managed to put up great numbers and think he's in the top 5-7 for all the major categories (rec, yds, TDS).

also maybe beatty. hes been an animal and the oline has been awesome since his return.

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Victory Cruz.

nygpolishpunk
10-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I agree with stormblue, you can't not say Eli. He's the best and most important player on the team. 2nd can go to any number of players, all of which are equally important.

TroyArcher
10-19-2012, 04:57 PM
On defense I'd give it to Rolle. He plays hard and always shows up. He is a great role model. If not Eli, probably Cruz. He is one tough guy and gives 100%, another great role model.

TroyArcher
10-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Will Beatty. He can pass block, run block, cook, sew...

Seriously though, he's a huge reason this offense isn't one dimensional this season.

Too bad Sehorn messed up his knee. He was heading for a great career.

GMENAGAIN
10-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Too bad Sehorn messed up his knee. He was heading for a great career.

I've blocked Sehorn's pre-injury career out of my head . . . . all I can remember is him getting ***-raped by Brandon Stokely in the SB.

Laurah1275
10-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Tynes

BeatYale
10-19-2012, 05:29 PM
David Wilson because he's going to the HOF.

bigblue2088
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
bradshaw

bleeding blue
10-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I've blocked Sehorn's pre-injury career out of my head . . . . all I can remember is him getting ***-raped by Brandon Stokely in the SB.
How about the tip-to-self pick 6 against the Eagles in divisional round that year?

chasjay
10-19-2012, 06:07 PM
It seems to be somebody different nearly every week. I like it that way.

GMENAGAIN
10-19-2012, 08:05 PM
How about the tip-to-self pick 6 against the Eagles in divisional round that year?
Stokely wiped that one out too . . . .

FBomb
10-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, if you're not allowed to use the actual Most Valuable Player as your answer, then you're not really naming the most valuable player, are you?

Now...if you said SECOND most valuable player it would make more sense. That honor, of course, is the second leading scorer on the team.....Lawrence Tynes.

BlueSanta
10-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Well, if you're not allowed to use the actual Most Valuable Player as your answer, then you're not really naming the most valuable player, are you?

Now...if you said SECOND most valuable player it would make more sense. That honor, of course, is the second leading scorer on the team.....Lawrence Tynes.

isnt that what I said in sheeps clothing?

Its a simple question. You can answer or you can not respond.

My point is to give credit to other players too. Eli, despite what you may read on these forums, actually gets resounding praise from almost every sane media analyst out there who's job isnt just to stir up controversy.

But, as hard as this may be, many fans of other teams just plain dont know anyone else on this team despite us winning 2 or the last 4 superbowls. So while Eli deserves every bit of praise he gets, I just wanted to see how people would respond to this question. You dont have to answer, just dont respond.

ny06
10-19-2012, 11:48 PM
There really isn't a wrong answer. Eli is no doubt the MVP of this team, but if I had to choose a player not named Eli Manning it would be Martellus Bennett. It's not coincidence that our running game has been vastly imporoved with Bennett on the team. Also defenses have to honor his speed at the tightend position, which opens it up for our receivers and backs out of the back field.

FBomb
10-19-2012, 11:48 PM
isnt that what I said in sheeps clothing?

Its a simple question. You can answer or you can not respond.

My point is to give credit to other players too. Eli, despite what you may read on these forums, actually gets resounding praise from almost every sane media analyst out there who's job isnt just to stir up controversy.

But, as hard as this may be, many fans of other teams just plain dont know anyone else on this team despite us winning 2 or the last 4 superbowls. So while Eli deserves every bit of praise he gets, I just wanted to see how people would respond to this question. You dont have to answer, just dont respond.

So.....I shouldn't respond because you don't like my answer? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works,

BlueSanta
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
So.....I shouldn't respond because you don't like my answer? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works,
is that what I said?
and you didnt respond, you reworded the question. Stop trying to hijack a thread.

FBomb
10-19-2012, 11:59 PM
is that what I said?
and you didnt respond, you reworded the question. Stop trying to hijack a thread.

hmm....I didn't respond? Hold on one second........... Forgive me....it's been a while since I've looked something up in the dictionary. According to Webster, what I did was the exact definition of "respond".

The problem is...you didn't like my critique of how you worded the question....but I did answer it didn't I?

The thread was hi-jacked the second you "responded" to me.

TheEnigma
10-20-2012, 12:00 AM
I think the purpose of not being able to say Eli is because the final results will most likely provide us with a more divided answer on who the 2nd best player on the team is so far this season. More debate and discussion is generated this way instead of having everyone agree on Eli and then just calling it a day.

nycsportzfan
10-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd have to say JPP.. In a yr, we've gotten very little from OSI, KIWI, and TUCK, JPP is the one whos made the most plays on that DLINE, and seems to almost always be the guy u here his name called when a plays made by a DLINEMAN.. He leads the DLINE in Tackles, Pass defended, Sacks, and Tackles for loss.. Without JPP, i could imagine where we'd be, becasue hes been the one player on the dline that has made a consistent impact, all though his sack total isn't as high as u'd expect..

nycsportzfan
10-20-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the question is simple.. santaman is asking whos 2nd MVP on this team.. Who's the MVP of this team if ELI is on MVP probation...lol Its very simple question.. Most will say ELI, and this way, u can have a debate becasue there will be more answers to who's next in line for TEAM MVP after ELI..

FBomb
10-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the question is simple.. santaman is asking whos 2nd MVP on this team.. Who's the MVP of this team if ELI is on MVP probation...lol Its very simple question.. Most will say ELI, and this way, u can have a debate becasue there will be more answers to who's next in line for TEAM MVP after ELI..

There was nothing difficult about his question......I answered it. I was simply pointing out that he went a long way to ask who's the 2nd MVP on the team. Some people don't want help and get easily miffed when it's offered I guess.

BlueSanta
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
There was nothing difficult about his question......I answered it. I was simply pointing out that he went a long way to ask who's the 2nd MVP on the team. Some people don't want help and get easily miffed when it's offered I guess.

nah, your not trying to hijack a thread at all.

DemandedAce
10-20-2012, 01:52 AM
nah, your not trying to hijack a thread at all.
Gotta agree with Santa here. I think everyone on the boards knew what he meant, no need to further clarify it.

Anywho, I would say Cruz he is performing at a very high level without Nicks to draw some coverage from him.

stormblue
10-20-2012, 02:14 AM
i can't really find a player even close to Eli for mvp....

but as a "unit" i would say that special teams have been
awesome.....something i am not used to seeing as an old
giants fan. our special teams have always been the worst
in the league.

this year's group really is "special"
a very pleasant surprise indeed.

BlueMonstaahhs
10-20-2012, 02:24 AM
stop being ******s and talk about giants football. this isn't the forum for cat talk between 2 internet faces who think they are more intelligent than the other. Go to another forum if you would like to do that. Oprah perhaps? MVP besides Eli is Antrel Rolle. Heart of this defense. The man is a winner through and through.

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 02:48 AM
when everyone is healthy it's JPP ... the fact that Nicks has been banged up has made Cruz very valuable, but if you have both of them, then neither can be 2nd most valuable

so yeah, JPP

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 03:19 AM
ill throw out the name hixon...he wouldnt be my choice in the OP's scenario, but I figured his name should be considered, he's made some big plays for us and done so the giant way

Captain Chaos
10-20-2012, 07:11 AM
I'd have to say Rolle the emotional leader on the D...

penguinfarmer
10-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Well, value is relative as some positions by nature will have less of an impact.

But I'd at least say Linval and Beatty are playing best at their respective positions. Bradshaw's inching up there. It would be great to see his momentum carry on.

Gimaniac
10-20-2012, 07:27 AM
If Eli goes down, the team is finished.

Everyone else is replaceable.

FBomb
10-20-2012, 08:59 AM
If Eli goes down, the team is finished.

Everyone else is replaceable.

Careful.......Santa doesn't like free thinkers in HIS thread.......hi-jacker!!:angry:

FBomb
10-20-2012, 09:08 AM
stop being ******s and talk about giants football. this isn't the forum for cat talk between 2 internet faces who think they are more intelligent than the other. Go to another forum if you would like to do that. Oprah perhaps? MVP besides Eli is Antrel Rolle. Heart of this defense. The man is a winner through and through.

Yes sir!! Sorry Dad.

GameTime
10-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Most Valuable Player.....=.........Remove that person and the team goes to ****....

One player on the Giants........Eli......sorry.....

FBomb
10-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Gotta agree with Santa here. I think everyone on the boards knew what he meant, no need to further clarify it.

Anywho, I would say Cruz he is performing at a very high level without Nicks to draw some coverage from him.

FTR....I wasn't further clarifying what he was saying......I was just being a smartass!!:o

FBomb
10-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Most Valuable Player.....=.........Remove that person and the team goes to ****....

One player on the Giants........Eli......sorry.....

tsk...tsk...tsk...(I'm also shaking my head as I type this)

Mohann
10-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I'll go with Beatty too. He's played a big part in the oline improvement. Joseph and Rolle were close.

brad
10-20-2012, 10:30 AM
This is fairly difficult, there have been several players that have stepped up over the course of the first 6 games. Seems like we went from one of the worst defenses to one of the best in the blink of an eye, saw player after player step up on the O-line, WR and RB positions. Picking one individual is difficult, because everyone is playing as a team with some standouts that change from week to week.

I am going to take the easy way out. The MVP is JR. He has consistently filled positions with great talent and role players that are contributing. When we thought he was ignoring the O-line, he assembled what is turning out to be a great O-line. He brought in players like Bennet and Hynoski when few of us had any idea they would be such a big impact. We have seen players come and go, but JR has managed that process and kept these team competitive year after year.

GameTime
10-20-2012, 10:42 AM
tsk...tsk...tsk...(I'm also shaking my head as I type this)

yeah yeah....I know......

oh well.......

FBomb
10-20-2012, 10:51 AM
This is fairly difficult, there have been several players that have stepped up over the course of the first 6 games. Seems like we went from one of the worst defenses to one of the best in the blink of an eye, saw player after player step up on the O-line, WR and RB positions. Picking one individual is difficult, because everyone is playing as a team with some standouts that change from week to week.

I am going to take the easy way out. The MVP is JR. He has consistently filled positions with great talent and role players that are contributing. When we thought he was ignoring the O-line, he assembled what is turning out to be a great O-line. He brought in players like Bennet and Hynoski when few of us had any idea they would be such a big impact. We have seen players come and go, but JR has managed that process and kept these team competitive year after year.

This is a great answer, but that leads to another thought........you have to then give the props to the coaching staff, most notable would be postion coaches.

brad
10-20-2012, 11:14 AM
This is a great answer, but that leads to another thought........you have to then give the props to the coaching staff, most notable would be postion coaches.

Agreed, Pope and Flaherty are certainly among the best in the league and don't often get the credit they deserve. Obviously Coughlin does a fantastic job... and while KG and PF have a love hate relationship from fans, they too deserve credit. Special teams has been great this year as well... so props to Quinn.

FBomb
10-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Agreed, Pope and Flaherty are certainly among the best in the league and don't often get the credit they deserve. Obviously Coughlin does a fantastic job... and while KG and PF have a love hate relationship from fans, they too deserve credit. Special teams has been great this year as well... so props to Quinn.

It helps to have a explosive returner who knows how to use his blockers. Our kick coverage has been outstanding so far!!

Gimaniac
10-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Careful.......Santa doesn't like free thinkers in HIS thread.......hi-jacker!!:angry:

You speak for Santa?

brad
10-20-2012, 11:59 AM
It helps to have a explosive returner who knows how to use his blockers...

And that brings us right back to JR :)

FBomb
10-20-2012, 11:59 AM
You speak for Santa?

I'm the head elf in charge!!;)

brad
10-20-2012, 12:00 PM

I hear they make great Hot Chocolate!

FBomb
10-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I hear they make great Hot Chocolate!

It'll knock your socks off!!

FBomb
10-20-2012, 12:03 PM
And that brings us right back to JR :)

I love it when a good plan comes full circle!!!:cool:

Gimaniac
10-20-2012, 12:10 PM

OK head elf, keep up the good work. Only JR is not a player.