PDA

View Full Version : I am going to really hate the day

TroyArcher
10-19-2012, 05:05 PM
When TC is no longer Head Coach and Eli is no longer QB. It is really nice having a competitive, winning, classy team to root for.

Diamondring
10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I hope it takes a while for that day to happen.

bigblue2088
10-19-2012, 05:12 PM
hopefully they'll have their whole hand filled with rings by that time

Laurah1275
10-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Not for a long while yet......Eli seems the type who will always think and perform at least 15 yrs younger than he really is......and TC is gonna be like my grandma, pushing 90 and still painting houses and laying tile floors with all marbles intact...:)

EasyE23
10-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm hoping that Tom and Eli both hang it up at the same time. I don't want to see either of them struggle without the other.

Chris

BillTheGreek
10-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Give them at Least 2 more Super Bowls ! Then they can hag it up !

chasjay
10-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm going to hate it too. But I don't believe the Maras will ever allow it to be said the the Giants aren't a classy team - even if they have some down years. But I do appreciate your point.

njersey
10-19-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm going to hate it too. But I don't believe the Maras will ever allow it to be said the the Giants aren't a classy team - even if they have some down years. But I do appreciate your point.

Agreed.

VelocityVirus
10-19-2012, 06:29 PM
You have to figure we have at least another 6-7 years of Eli playing at a high level. I can't see TC staying on for that long though. So I figure it'll be 2020 when we start from the drawing board again and groom that next QB. You figure there is a high school freshman out there right now that will be our QB someday.

So, Eli doesn't have a son, but Peyton does....so if my math is right we can draft him around 2030-2032?

Toadofsteel
10-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I just hope it doesn't take 13+ years for the team to get back on track... That said, I can't say from personal experience but I get the idea that JR is a lot less egotistical than George Young was. As much as we all rag on Killdrive and PF, it would SUCK for one of them to go off and acquire a hotshot QB and 3 rings elsewhere...

ashleymarie
10-19-2012, 06:34 PM
My mind wonders there at times but I don't want to think about it. All we can do is know that Mara/Tische will do right by our Giants and fans. If Eli stays healthy I expect him to play another 8 yrs.

VelocityVirus
10-19-2012, 06:36 PM
It might be laughable to some but I can see KG taking over for TC at some point. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as long as we have a strong DC. At least you know our offense would still be somewhat intact.

GFiP
10-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Eli's got another 10 years left, not worried at all.

JB456
10-19-2012, 06:47 PM
It might be laughable to some but I can see KG taking over for TC at some point. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as long as we have a strong DC. At least you know our offense would still be somewhat intact.

Its not laughable due to his experience, its laughable due to his age. Gilbride is already 61 and by the time Coughlin retires, he will be what 64 - 66? I don't see ownership handing the keys over to someone that old. What would be looking at? 3-4 years tops...

Captain Chaos
10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Have to look for a new Franchise QB

GMan-67
10-19-2012, 09:51 PM
appreciate the moment

and realize we have time to prepare

and while this board is all about hate, any possible way they can figure how to hate, but sometimes you just gotta love the GMEN !!!!!!!

GentleGiant
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey TC isn't gonna retire until Eli does and Eli has 5 years of prime left in him. Can't be talking about this now.

BurnerNYG
10-19-2012, 10:54 PM
We might get lucky. We gotta handle the situation like the Colts did. I'm not sure if Luck is who they say he is but it was worth the gamble and quite frankly, I believe in the kid.

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 03:21 AM
that's why you gotta enjoy every minute of this now

with some of the negative fans on here, i would just love to be able to bring them to the 70s and have them watch those Giants teams ... they would come back singing the praises of every player and coach ... it would be some eye opener !!

but dont sleep on this organization, there's a reason we have 4 Super Bowl wins ... the Giants know what they are doing ... we didnt own the 1st pick in the draft the year we got Eli and very few media heads were saying that we should hire Tom Coughlin as our head coach

so there's a good chance our next pick for Head Coach will be pretty solid

and there's a good chance we will find a way to secure another franchise QB down the road as well, but ENJOY it as much as you can now !1

Rat_bastich
10-20-2012, 05:02 AM
We might get lucky. We gotta handle the situation like the Colts did. I'm not sure if Luck is who they say he is but it was worth the gamble and quite frankly, I believe in the kid.

Talk about timing. I definitely think Luck is going to be as advertised.

Roosevelt
10-20-2012, 10:28 AM
No reason to look past this current team. You never know what the future will bring.

brad
10-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I am not looking forward to the day when TC and Eli retire, but to suggest the team will fall apart and be nothing without them is a bit of a stretch. There will be other QBs that can play at a high level, and there will be coaches that can coach at a high level. The concern is that the Giants get that next great coach and that next great QB to make a smooth transition.

NYFG
10-20-2012, 11:01 AM
There doesn't exactly have to be a huge rebuilding process when Eli and TC leave. If Jerry Reese is still in charge at that time I think it would be a smooth transition. I could see JR drafting a kid in 5-6 years time to have Eli groom him for a year or two, just like the Pack did with Rogers and Favre. It is kind of funny to think however that our next "franchise" QB is in high school right now.

tonyt830
10-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I hope it takes a while for that day to happen.agreed!

As long as Reese continues to do a good job at GM and Mara and Tisch make good business decisions, I think our organization will be classy and competitive.

jomo
10-20-2012, 11:19 AM
I am not looking forward to the day when TC and Eli retire, but to suggest the team will fall apart and be nothing without them is a bit of a stretch. There will be other QBs that can play at a high level, and there will be coaches that can coach at a high level. The concern is that the Giants get that next great coach and that next great QB to make a smooth transition......I agree but a transition of this sort and magnitude always comes with risk. Right now we know we've got a top guy in each slot. Not only are they very good but they embody the class that this organization and its fans like to see.

miked1958
10-20-2012, 11:50 AM
When TC is no longer Head Coach and Eli is no longer QB. It is really nice having a competitive, winning, classy team to root for.dont even want to think about it

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 12:15 PM
dont even want to think about itA scary thought.

brad
10-20-2012, 12:16 PM
.....I agree but a transition of this sort and magnitude always comes with risk. Right now we know we've got a top guy in each slot. Not only are they very good but they embody the class that this organization and its fans like to see.

Absolutely agree... I will enjoy the moment for now, but hope that the team has a transition plan in place that is better than previous ones when it comes time for a HC transition. I think JR has shown time and time again that he is capable of having a player in place when it is time for Eli.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-20-2012, 01:04 PM
As long as Reese is GM we will have a talented team. And Eli can still play for a long time.

drewz
10-20-2012, 01:36 PM
As long as Reese is GM we will have a talented team. And Eli can still play for a long time.

Thank god Reese is still a pretty young guy