PDA

View Full Version : These are not your Fathers NY Giants- These guys will put a whuppin on you

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Coming off a World Championship the NY Giants turned over about 30% of its Championship roster to create
no doubt the Leagues most powerful and dangerous team.

No longer content to eke out 3-6 point victories the Giants have now put the new pieces in place after
a few shakedown games to totally dominate opponents.

Don't be surprised to see the enemy carnage continue and actually accelerate as the Giants move through the NFL's most
difficult schedule.

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Build the bridge baby.

RagTime Blue
10-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Talk about putting a whoopin'. . .

Not to dwell on the past, but you have GOT to take a close look at that long return Wilson had to start off the 2nd half vs. the 49'rs. Marvin Austin forms the left half of the right-side wedge, and just BURIES his man to give DW a runway to take-off from.

Not sure if this was spoken about on the boards, but watch Snappin's highlights for the definition of "Pancake".

fourth&forever
10-19-2012, 09:53 PM
easy now. Your ****iness will jinx us man.

Skins have beaten us 23-10 & 28-14 last 2 games.

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Skins have beaten us 23-10 & 28-14 last 2 games.That was last year.

fourth&forever
10-19-2012, 10:02 PM
That was last year.
do we win a close one or handily?

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 10:05 PM
do we win a close one or handily? Well I think we are going to score a lot more points than the last 2 times we've faced them. 34-21.

miked1958
10-19-2012, 10:08 PM
We turn the tide this yr with two huge wins

fourth&forever
10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Well I think we are going to score a lot more points than the last 2 times we've faced them. 34-21.
History has beaten me into a cautious fan. We typically play to the level of the opponent. I'm just not used to beating teams soundly. I love it but I don't expect it to continue.
But I think everyone can agree that we owe the skins a good kick in the teeth.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I stand by initial statement.......we have crossed the bridge and are now in uncharted tterritory........do not remember a Giants team this solid since the 86 team

It all started with the late year run in 2011........then rather than sit on their laurels the Giants have made deep changes to the 2012 roster
This team has it all.

There no longer are any weak points for opponents to exploit......only injuries can stop us now

The DBs are playing great, the LBers once a team weakness are now a powerful group....The D Line has awoken......the Oline has not let up but one sack in 5 games and is churning out 100 plus yd running performances now

We probably have the best passing and running games in the league...........Special teams are now special.....what more could you ask for?

Rudyy
10-19-2012, 10:25 PM
History has beaten me into a cautious fan. We typically play to the level of the opponent. I'm just not used to beating teams soundly. I love it but I don't expect it to continue.
But I think everyone can agree that we owe the skins a good kick in the teeth.Why don't you? We're finally healthy. It's ok to be cautious, but Eli and Co. won't let this happen again.

fourth&forever
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Why don't you? We're finally healthy. It's ok to be cautious, but Eli and Co. won't let this happen again.

I expect injuries to continue.
I expect nail biting games.
There is a very fine line between confidence and overconfidence.
I don't believe our players are overconfident, but the OP is.
Being favored usually works against us.
Underdog is where I'm comfortable.
The Giants have made me this way.

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I totaly understand where you are coming from and if this were a normal Giants team I would be right there with you
but these guys are morphing in to a Giants team the likes of which we have rarely seen this early in the NFL season.

I like what I see, and I've never seen it before

Hopefully the injuries do not continue....we should be fully in football shape by now, also the 53 man depth means the next man up is often better than the incumbent.........so far this season injuries have forced us to put better players on the field than we started with........I give you the Oline for instance
It's weird

maybe the Mayans were right

fourth&forever
10-19-2012, 11:13 PM
It is very weird to see us with enough of a lead that our scrubs get playing time. I love it. Give our backups all the experience we can afford to. We will be relying on them at some point in the season.

Martyr
10-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Is it too early to start drinking the kool aid?

fourth&forever
10-19-2012, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Martyr;540641]Is it too early to start drinking the kool aid?[/QUOTE
much

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 11:18 PM
why dosent David Carr get any time at all in these blow outs??? that too is strange and bad practice on Coughlins part.......Eli should be taking a seat when the game is a given

BParcells777
10-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Is it too early to start drinking the kool aid?

What cool aid??......I'm not predicting another Lombardi yet.......I'm just saying its unlike the Giants to be adminstering all these foot stompings
last week was a virtual massacre

typically we have always let teams back into the game or had to play catch up.

We have a long way to go to get the 5th

BillTheGreek
10-20-2012, 12:17 AM
It's called " MOMENTUM "

I'll take 5
10-20-2012, 12:43 AM

Skins have beaten us 23-10 & 28-14 last 2 games.Yeah, seems like they have our number, but with the Giants offense and their current defense we should be all right, especially if we keep running the ball...now RGIII that's another story

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 03:55 AM
your fathers Giants went 14-2

your fathers Giants beat the Niners . 49-3

your fathers Giants outscored their 3 playoff opponents by a combined 105-23

so you are right

but even though we are not that team, we did still win SB42, SB46 and we could easily win again

stormblue
10-20-2012, 04:26 AM
the linebacking corps is still a weakness.
they are slow and can not cover.
and they do not tackle well.

the o-line is no where near as dominant
as the 86-91 giants.

the rest of the team is as good or better
than any group we have had out there since
the 86 team

it is very exciting to me , if the defense actually
comes on and performs like last week ......
this could be a very fun season for us.

you younger fans are used to a giants team that
has won 2 rings , but you sweated thru every playoff
game , and endured a roller coaster ride never knowing
if you would even make the playoffs....scouring over every possible
playoff tiebreaker scenario......i know , me too.

but that 86 team , you could bet your house on that team
you farkin' knew you were going to crush the other team.

this year's team has that potential.

i think the washington redskins should be "skeared"

Rat_bastich
10-20-2012, 06:00 AM
the linebacking corps is still a weakness.
they are slow and can not cover.
and they do not tackle well.

the o-line is no where near as dominant
as the 86-91 giants.

the rest of the team is as good or better
than any group we have had out there since
the 86 team

it is very exciting to me , if the defense actually
comes on and performs like last week ......
this could be a very fun season for us.

you younger fans are used to a giants team that
has won 2 rings , but you sweated thru every playoff
game , and endured a roller coaster ride never knowing
if you would even make the playoffs....scouring over every possible
playoff tiebreaker scenario......i know , me too.

but that 86 team , you could bet your house on that team
you farkin' knew you were going to crush the other team.

this year's team has that potential.

i think the washington redskins should be "skeared"

Helluva poem or song there.

Captain Chaos
10-20-2012, 08:05 AM
The Giants are a very scary team, they can run the ball, have an outstanding passing attack, and their D can shut you down (and is getting healthier). Given that we can always play down to our competition and lose any close game!

BlueSanta
10-20-2012, 08:20 AM
My Fathers Giants were pretty awesome too. I think I will go ahead and keep both teams in high regard if that is ok with you.

BParcells777
10-20-2012, 10:39 AM
ieeeeeeeeeee it was just an expression
not meant for literal translation

relax

brad
10-20-2012, 11:40 AM
your fathers Giants went 14-2

your fathers Giants beat the Niners . 49-3

your fathers Giants outscored their 3 playoff opponents by a combined 105-23

so you are right

but even though we are not that team, we did still win SB42, SB46 and we could easily win again

+1
The days of Phil Simms and LT were still among the best teams in my memory, where the offense and defense imposed their will on every team they faced. The SF team of today is a light version of what we had back then.

Today's team is different, not better, not worse.

Astorian
10-20-2012, 11:37 PM
That 14-2 '86 team narrowly lost the first game to the Cowboys (in Dallas) because McConkey dropped a sure TD pass on the first offensive series, and the sixth game to Seattle (in Seattle) because Stacey Robinson dropped a late pass that would have put them in position for a game-winning field goal. That made them 4-2. After that they went 13-0 (including playoffs), winning the Eastern Division by one game over the 'Skins.

This team is now also 4-2. Can they step up and match that performance?