PDA

View Full Version : This week they all took the Giants

miked1958
10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Not sure if I like that. Like it better when we play the underdog card like last week when all but one picked SF.

although I saw another site where 4 guys picked and it was split down the middle

FBomb
10-20-2012, 01:04 PM
fwiw....on the NFLN, McNubbins took the Skins.

More specifically, he took RG3

NYGESanti4E
10-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Its how the NY Giants like it. The underdogs of the NFL, they will play like crazed dogs. RG3 will run for his life, and know he is know playing in the NFL and NOT college ball. G-Men 34 Deadskins 10 if that.

brad
10-20-2012, 01:19 PM
If the Giants are about to turn the corner like many of us are beginning to believe, they need to win the games they are supposed to win. That means going out and taking care of business this week as the favorite. Last week, in a game they were supposed to lose, they made a clear statement. This week they need to make another statement, only this time they need to prove that they can play at a high level consistently, not just when their backs are against the wall.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 01:20 PM
RG3 is a rb slash qb.

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 01:27 PM
So are people happy or mad a out this? When they don't pick the Giants they are all idiots. So now they picked the Giants. Are thy better now?

brad
10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
So are people happy or mad a out this? When they don't pick the Giants they are all idiots. So now they picked the Giants. Are thy better now?

Personally, I could care less either way.

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Personally, I could care less either way.I agree.

FBomb
10-20-2012, 01:31 PM

Some folks think we play better when everyone picks against us. I, otoh, couldn't care less. Though it IS nice to watch a red faced Jimmy Johnson implode.

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't care who they pick but I have to admit I do enjoy watching them back peddle.

primetime
10-20-2012, 01:37 PM
It's a no brainer to pick the Giants this week. They are clearly the better team, but that doesn't mean squat once the game is played. I feel the Giants are taking this game very seriously. Rolle has been quoted as to saying "this is a must win game"

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Well the Giants have no excuse to not be ready. They where swept by this team last year, they are 0-2 in the division, and the team that wins tomorrow is in 1st place in the East. No excuses to come out flat.

GameTime
10-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Well the Giants have no excuse to not be ready. They where swept by this team last year, they are 0-2 in the division, and the team that wins tomorrow is in 1st place in the East. No excuses to come out flat.

exactly.........

pj18
10-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I hope they can be past the "everyone picked us to win so we're going to lose" thing. Just win.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
AND THAT IS OK BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO KILL THE ROOKIE. KILL HIM.

RoanokeFan
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM
At some point in time we have to shed the supersittions that make every game an adventure. I can remember the days when we GAVE them the ball first so LT, Van Pelt, Carson & Company could set the tone for the game. I don't like comparing now players to then players but I am sensing some of the same "swagger" surfacing with this team. I don't mean swagger as a "look at us" mentality but more like a "here we come" mentality.

I can recall games on offense, with Otis Anderson as THE running back and Phil Simms pointing to where he was going to run and WHAM. Today, watching Eli point requires a GPS unit and a Ouija Board and you still have no clue.

The paassing game has been on pretty much all season. The running game has caught up with the play of Bradshaw, Hynoski, Bennett, and Eli.

The biggest, and perhaps most important improvement, has been in Special Teams. We have gone from "please just don't let them get past the 20", to "nail them back deep and stay in your lanes on coverage." Wilson is providing us with an expectation that every time he fields a kick off he cold score a TD.

To the pundits: Picks us, Don't pick us - Here We Come!

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Well they can't always pick against us lol.
We should win this game, and I'm betting we do. We need to play with urgency, and come out shooting.

RoanokeFan
10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Even blind hogs get acorns once in a while :p

BParcells777
10-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Jim Miller of Sirius Radio took the Skins

As the Nostradamus of the Giants MB I have the Giants by 10

ashleymarie
10-20-2012, 05:51 PM

Too Late. The Giants have a presedence on coming out flat. But of also winning the game. GO GMEN

ashleymarie
10-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Even blind hogs get acorns once in a while :p

LOL That's an oldie but goodie. :)

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 06:34 PM
LOL That's an oldie but goodie. :)

haha, i was going there

well i was going with the blind squirrel finding a nut ... hogs and acorns has more of a southern ring to it :)

Hessian
10-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Meh, isn't time to put the superstitions down. Seriously like thats a jinx. We are all grown men and women besides the few underagers who post here that have extremely valid points. There comes a time as a fan where you just have to let go and enjoy the ride.

miked1958
10-20-2012, 07:11 PM
It's a no brainer to pick the Giants this week. They are clearly the better team, but that doesn't mean squat once the game is played. I feel the Giants are taking this game very seriously. Rolle has been quoted as to saying "this is a must win game"it is a must win when you consider if we lose we drop to 0-3 in NFCE

JJC7301
10-20-2012, 11:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Not sure if I like that. Like it better when we play the underdog card like last week when all but one picked SF.

although I saw another site where 4 guys picked and it was split down the middle
The last time they all picked the Giants, it was week 1 against the Cowboys. That didn't turn out too good.

I like them as the underdog. They suck as favorites.

miked1958
10-20-2012, 11:40 PM
The last time they all picked the Giants, it was week 1 against the Cowboys. That didn't turn out too good.I like them as the underdog. They suck as favorites.thats what I'm saying.... And the fact that outside of the browns game we don't play our best at Home for some reason

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 01:25 AM
The girl on NFL access said " I think RG3 would have the edge at qb because he is a dual threat" LMAO my how these people forget that a dual threat qb never wins championships. Yeah the Redskins do not have to prepared for Eli cause he is one dimensional lol...I'm really starting to get sick of this RG3 love fest in the media.

Hessian
10-21-2012, 03:08 AM
The girl on NFL access said " I think RG3 would have the edge at qb because he is a dual threat" LMAO my how these people forget that a dual threat qb never wins championships. Yeah the Redskins do not have to prepared for Eli cause he is one dimensional lol...I'm really starting to get sick of this RG3 love fest in the media.
I think what we all need to realize is these guys get paid to do this. They make a mockery of themselves for cash.. speaks volumes.

Antwuan
10-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Hopefully The Giants Win.

Captain Chaos
10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
We always seem to play better as underdogs, not that has any real influence on the outcome of the games. I think the Giants' Defense wants to welcome RGIII to the league in a smash mouth sort of way. It will be fun to watch how that turns out!

onlineprof
10-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Of course, I am hoping the Giants will win, they have to win, and they should win. Every sports reporter in the Dallas Morning News picked the Giants. They so rarely do that! Of course, they also all picked the Cowboys. I will be cheering for Carolina.

TomCat_FIN
10-21-2012, 10:46 AM
I think the Giants will win, but it will be a battle. The team has to learn to play as favorites at some point.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 11:12 AM
haha, i was going there

well i was going with the blind squirrel finding a nut ... hogs and acorns has more of a southern ring to it :)

When I first moved here from NJ I had to have that explained to me lol Now it's one of my "I belong here" throw aways

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 11:53 AM

This is a new thing for us, having to play RG3 twice a year.

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 11:55 AM
haha, i was going there

Haha I just saw this. Either way it is funny. :)

bebil10
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
never like the experts picking the giants. That makes 2 things against us:
The experts picking us.
We don't play well against teams with mobile qbs.

Yet, under coughlin we always seem to get to 6-2 and then choke.
Also, would like to note I am confident since we have david wilson, and he is like birth control, you just have to believe in him.

miked1958
10-21-2012, 01:39 PM
never like the experts picking the giants. That makes 2 things against us: The experts picking us.We don't play well against teams with mobile qbs.Yet, under coughlin we always seem to get to 6-2 and then choke. Also, would like to note I am confident since we have david wilson, and he is like birth control, you just have to believe in him.we are actually 1-1 vs mobile QBs beating Cam and losing to Vick. However we should of won the eagle game

bebil10
10-21-2012, 01:40 PM
we are actually 1-1 vs mobile QBs beating Cam and losing to Vick. However we should of won the eagle game Im talking traditionally over the past several years not just this year.

miked1958
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Im talking traditionally over the past several years not just this year.okay then, very true in that respect for sure