PDA

View Full Version : Ignore all the chest-thumping threads, Redskins game will be a struggle.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
How quick do people forget that this Giants team almost always plays bad at home, the defense especially hasn't showed up yet this season at home. I don't buy that the defense has turned it around, they always show up on the road, 49ers game is not an indicator of anything, they usually play better on the road. I don't think the defense will play bad, but they won't be as intense either because RGIII is the quarterback this time around.

Eli is also due for a bad game, and this game seems like the one as Redskins defense is very familiar with Eli and has had success before. Eli also usually has his bad games at home.

As Bradshaw is nursing a bad foot yet again, it gives Gilbride all the excuses to let Eli throw for over 50 times, and that will play right into the Redskins' defensive scheme.

Giants shouldn't put themselves in a shoot-out with RGIII, if they do they'll lose. What the Redskins want is make Giants offense one-dimensional, they are not afraid of Eli, and Redksins' defense will play loose because they know RGIII has their back.

Giants should play the possession game, run the ball as much as possible and keep RGIII off the field. That is the best way to get the victory.
Keeping the mistakes and turnovers to a minimum will be the difference in this game.

Redskins 24 - Giants 27

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 03:05 PM
really? u couldnt have chosen the dozen of washington game threads to post this?

besides, ur "scheme" is ******ed. washington has the WORST PASS DEFENSE, they arent bad in run defense actually. of course u want to have balance between run and pass, but we should absolutely strike them through the air and follow what KG has done now for years, using the pass to setup the run.

Toadofsteel
10-20-2012, 03:08 PM
You do realize that Kerrigan is their only non-injured pass rusher right? Not to mention we have an o-line worth writing home abuot now...

RoanokeFan
10-20-2012, 03:10 PM
How quick do people forget that this Giants team almost always plays bad at home, the defense especially hasn't showed up yet this season at home. I don't buy that the defense has turned it around, they always show up on the road, 49ers game is not an indicator of anything, they usually play better on the road. I don't think the defense will play bad, but they won't be as intense either because RGIII is the quarterback this time around.

Our home win/loss record is the same as our road win/loss record @ 2 - 1

Eli is also due for a bad game, and this game seems like the one as Redskins defense is very familiar with Eli and has had success before. Eli also usually has his bad games at home.

That just silly

As Bradshaw is nursing a bad foot yet again, it gives Gilbride all the excuses to let Eli throw for over 50 times, and that will play right into the Redskins' defensive scheme.

You just aren't watching the running game evolve if you believe this.

Giants shouldn't put themselves in a shoot-out with RGIII, if they do they'll lose. What the Redskins want is make Giants offense one-dimensional, they are not afraid of Eli, and Redksins' defense will play loose because they know RGIII has their back.

Why? We have better receivers all the way down to # 4. If the Redskins "aren't worried about Eli" they just don't get it.

Giants should play the possession game, run the ball as much as possible and keep RGIII off the field. That is the best way to get the victory.
Keeping the mistakes and turnovers to a minimum will be the difference in this game.

Obviously, based on your score prediction below, you think we're gong to win even though we can't. Fortunately, no one listens to anything we write here.

Redskins 24 - Giants 27

We are going to win this game, but you can revel in your negativity until we do.

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 03:11 PM
You are starting to be one of the worst posters.

Eli is due for a bad game? Why? please explain that one to me..
The defense doesn't ALWAYS show up on the road, remember that game against Philly where Michael Vick had all day to throw and never committed a turnover? That is a terrible excuse.
Ahmad Bradshaw has had foot issues for years, that never stopped him. You also forgot about Andre Brown and David Wilson.
The Redskins have the WORST pass defense, and they are going to lose by throwing? lol, logical..

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
really? u couldnt have chosen the dozen of washington game threads to post this?

besides, ur "scheme" is ******ed. washington has the WORST PASS DEFENSE, they arent bad in run defense actually. of course u want to have balance between run and pass, but we should absolutely strike them through the air and follow what KG has done now for years, using the pass to setup the run.
Redskins will bait Eli into throwing the ball, they'll show run defense then drop 8 in the secondary, they'll keep baiting Eli to throw then they don't have to defend the run.

49ers have a lot better run defense, that didn't prevent the Giants from keep running the ball either, you don't know nothing son.

TheEnigma
10-20-2012, 03:15 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/399/866/7ca.gif

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Redskins will bait Eli into throwing the ball, they'll show run defense then drop 8 in the secondary, they'll keep baiting Eli to throw then they don't have to defend the run.

49ers have a lot better run defense, that didn't prevent the Giants from keep running the ball either, you don't know nothing son. You make it seem like Eli is Mark Sanchez or something.

BlueReign
10-20-2012, 03:21 PM
It's going to be a good game.

juice33s
10-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Redskins 24 - Giants 27
How does that play in to the Redskin's scheme? They have the worst pass defense in the NFL

egyptian420
10-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I understand you can't think any game will be a walk in the park, specially a rival. But come on man....have some faith.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 03:34 PM
You are starting to be one of the worst posters.

Eli is due for a bad game? Why? please explain that one to me..
The defense doesn't ALWAYS show up on the road, remember that game against Philly where Michael Vick had all day to throw and never committed a turnover? That is a terrible excuse.
Ahmad Bradshaw has had foot issues for years, that never stopped him. You also forgot about Andre Brown and David Wilson.
The Redskins have the WORST pass defense, and they are going to lose by throwing? lol, logical..
Eli is human, and he's not going to play perfect in every game, and history tells me that Eli is more likely to have a bad game at home. Eli also has a tendency to try to do too much against no-name / rookie QBs, RGIII is as enticing as they come for Eli to try to do too much.

The defense only allowed 7 points in the first half vs Eagles, that's hardly a bad showing, the defense ran out of breath being on the field a lot in the 2nd half as the offense couldn't get things going, Eli's INT in the redzone also hurt any chances. 19 points is hardly anything the high-powered Giants offense can't overcome, the offense is to blame for the loss, not defense.

Andre Brown is a force now? He only had one good game, give me a break, and he's had a concussion, he's not as durable as you want to believe. David "big mouth" Wilson has me raising a red flag, the guy is mentally unstable, he cries after a fumble, and now he's touting himself as a hall of famer, oh boy.

Redskins defense will adjust, don't worry, you are underestimating Redskins' coaching staff horribly, Shanahan is a very bright head-coach who rarely shoots himself in the foot. Their defense has improved the last 3 weeks compared to the first 3 weeks.

brad
10-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Eli is human, and he's not going to play perfect in every game, and history tells me that Eli is more likely to have a bad game at home. Eli also has a tendency to try to do too much against no-name / rookie QBs, RGIII is as enticing as they come for Eli to try to do too much.

The defense only allowed 7 points in the first half vs Eagles, that's hardly a bad showing, the defense ran out of breath being on the field a lot in the 2nd half as the offense couldn't get things going, Eli's INT in the redzone also hurt any chances. 19 points is hardly anything the high-powered Giants offense can't overcome, the offense is to blame for the loss, not defense.

Andre Brown is a force now? He only had one good game, give me a break, and he's had a concussion, he's not as durable as you want to believe. David "big mouth" Wilson has me raising a red flag, the guy is mentally unstable, he cries after a fumble, and now he's touting himself as a hall of famer, oh boy.

Redskins defense will adjust, don't worry, you are underestimating Redskins' coaching staff horribly, Shanahan is a very bright head-coach who rarely shoots himself in the foot. Their defense has improved the last 3 weeks compared to the first 3 weeks.

You are so right, the rest of us feeble-minded Giants fan bow to your incredible knowledge and ability to see the future. Clearly every player on this team sucks and should be cut immediately and replaced with the obviously superior staff and players from the Skins.

And us fans... we act like Coughlin and the players on this team have won a couple of Super Bowls or something. Why would anyone have confidence in this group of coaches or players? What have they done to prove anything? Obviously the Skins have been the beacon of class and a model that all other teams in the NFL can only hope to emulate.

Ruttiger711
10-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Eli also has a tendency to try to do too much against no-name / rookie QBs, RGIII is as enticing as they come for Eli to try to do too much.

This being a tendency in your mind, I would think you'd be able to give a few ACTUAL examples of this happening.... Since its a tendency.

We can get into the discussion about QB's not playing against each other but the respective defenses after.

BurnerNYG
10-20-2012, 04:01 PM
We should win this game. I know the Skins are coming off a big win against the quietly once 4-1 Vikings, I know they got a new exciting player, I know they have a championship caliber coach, I know they beat us twice last year and also, throw all the stats out the window for the simple fact that this is a divisional game and the familiarity with each other should put that way of thinking at a stalemate. Why do I think we'll win? Well besides for me going to Metlife for the 1st time, I think we'll win because we can't afford to go 0-3 in the division. If this team loses knowing the stakes at hand and what type of hole they'll put themselves in, quite frankly they didn't deserve to win and they just flat out got beat.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 04:06 PM
You are so right, the rest of us feeble-minded Giants fan bow to your incredible knowledge and ability to see the future. Clearly every player on this team sucks and should be cut immediately and replaced with the obviously superior staff and players from the Skins.

And us fans... we act like Coughlin and the players on this team have won a couple of Super Bowls or something. Why would anyone have confidence in this group of coaches or players? What have they done to prove anything? Obviously the Skins have been the beacon of class and a model that all other teams in the NFL can only hope to emulate.

The Super Bowl winning Giants team that you speak so proudly also lost to the very same Redskins I speak of TWICE last year, so I'm clearly not stating my opinion out of nowhere, if that is not proof enough to take the Redskins lightly this time with RGIII instead of the hack QB Grossman, then you are just a typical full-blown homer who can't analyze things within a proper perspective.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 04:08 PM
SuperNYGiants, why you call yourself that and you come out with negative posts? You alsways want Eli to fail to prove you right. That makes no sense.

penguinfarmer
10-20-2012, 04:12 PM
I can't believe Eli threw 4 picks and -250 yards before the game even started. I guess falling behind in the first quarter setting up a comeback just isn't enough of a challenge any more.

tikiandphil
10-20-2012, 04:16 PM
We are going to win this game, but you can revel in your negativity until we do.

This. Thank you RF for your always present voice of reason.

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I never see you when we win, ever. Only before games claiming how much we suck and how the other team is going to wipe the floor with us.

brad
10-20-2012, 04:17 PM
The Super Bowl winning Giants team that you speak so proudly also lost to the very same Redskins I speak of TWICE last year, so I'm clearly not stating my opinion out of nowhere, if that is not proof enough to take the Redskins lightly this time with RGIII instead of the hack QB Grossman, then you are just a typical full-blown homer who can't analyze things within a proper perspective.

I don't take the Skins lightly, I didn't even take the Browns lightly...

My sarcastic remark wasn't as much about your assertion that this will be a tough game (it will) as it was against your blatant dislike for several Giants players and coaches and clear disdain for every poster on this board, believing that you are the only person that has the ability to think critically and intelligently. Your desire to create argument as apposed to discussion is the reason you get argument instead of discussion. That can be clearly demonstrated by your suggestion that I am a homer, when I have "discussed" issues I believe this team has more than once, you don't know the posters on this board any better than you know the players on the team. The difference between you and I is that I can also recognize and discuss the positives. If that makes me a homer, I guess that makes you a hater.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 04:21 PM

My sarcastic remark wasn't as much about your assertion that this will be a tough game (it will) as it was against your blatant dislike for several Giants players and coaches and clear disdain for every poster on this board, believing that you are the only person that has the ability to think critically and intelligently. Your desire to create argument as apposed to discussion is the reason you get argument instead of discussion. That can be clearly demonstrated by your suggestion that I am a homer, when I have "discussed" issues I believe this team has more than once, you don't know the posters on this board any better than you know the players on the team. The difference between you and I is that I can also recognize and discuss the positives. If that makes me a homer, I guess that makes you a hater.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
SuperNYGiants, why you call yourself that and you come out with negative posts? You alsways want Eli to fail to prove you right. That makes no sense.
How is my post negative when I'm predicting the Giants to win? All I'm saying is that this game is not going to be a blowout that the fairweather homers think it's going to be.

If you want to read a fictional homer prediction about how Eli is going to pass for 400 yards and how Brown and Wilson will each rush for 100 yards each and Cruz would catch 4 TD passes vs Redskins, you are better off trying 100 other homer threads instead.

Captain Chaos
10-20-2012, 04:24 PM
What are they going to get into a shoot out with us? They stop the run, not the passing attack, little pressure. I think the Skins will get their points; just not as many as the G'men...of course I have been wrong in the past...numerous times!

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 04:24 PM
I never see you when we win, ever. Only before games claiming how much we suck and how the other team is going to wipe the floor with us.
Then you are clearly not looking hard enough, I posted a thread immediately right after 49ers game on how Gilbride is still horrible inside the redzone, that thread got the most views that week. I'm a sensational poster here.

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 04:25 PM

who said anything about taking them lightly? you just have a lot of inaccurate statements, which we should all know better by now..."gunslinger", "u have to run on 1rst and 2nd down to have a run game. passing cannot set it up", and now this laughable OP...whats great is that u claim other people know nothing lmao

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
How is my post negative when I'm predicting the Giants to win? All I'm saying is that this game is not going to be a blowout that the fairweather homers think it's going to be.

If you want to read a fictional homer prediction about how Eli is going to pass for 400 yards and how Brown and Wilson will each rush for 100 yards each and Cruz would catch 4 TD passes vs Redskins, you are better off trying 100 other homer threads instead.
thats not in one thread here, again, do u understand that when u make things up, it doesnt make them true? like lmao...ur OP sucked and was full of inaccuracies, deal with it.
and only u would brag about starting a thread on how KG sucks after we beat the 9ers like it was this genius post lmao

BurnerNYG
10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
who said anything about taking them lightly? you just have a lot of inaccurate statements, which we should all know better by now..."gunslinger", "u have to run on 1rst and 2nd down to have a run game. passing cannot set it up", and now this laughable OP...whats great is that u claim other people know nothing lmaoYeah he is kind of laughable. I don't even think he's a real Giants fan.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 04:30 PM

If you want to read a fictional homer prediction about how Eli is going to pass for 400 yards and how Brown and Wilson will each rush for 100 yards each and Cruz would catch 4 TD passes vs Redskins, you are better off trying 100 other homer threads instead.But every post you made or the majority of them have been negative. Eli is not a gun slinger etc etc etc. I'm sorry but Eli is a real good qb and will not have a bad game.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 04:30 PM

My sarcastic remark wasn't as much about your assertion that this will be a tough game (it will) as it was against your blatant dislike for several Giants players and coaches and clear disdain for every poster on this board, believing that you are the only person that has the ability to think critically and intelligently. Your desire to create argument as apposed to discussion is the reason you get argument instead of discussion. That can be clearly demonstrated by your suggestion that I am a homer, when I have "discussed" issues I believe this team has more than once, you don't know the posters on this board any better than you know the players on the team. The difference between you and I is that I can also recognize and discuss the positives. If that makes me a homer, I guess that makes you a hater.
Hmm, so am I wrong to think that Bradshaw is the starter instead of Brown who a few weeks ago the homers have touted him to take over only to see him get a concussion, I have defended Bradshaw all the time and I came out on top, I think I can ridicule the homers all I want.

And who in their right mind would take a side on David Wilson's outrageous hall of fame claim? Are you actually defending that too? And say you are not a homer? Really? OH BOY.

Get a clue sir.

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM

bravo. excellently stated. u'd think that some one whose made as many inaccurate statements as him would learn to tread carefully, then again...lol

gmenfan0488
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
They have one of the worst passing defenses in the league. I think we win in a fairly high scoring game.

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Then you are clearly not looking hard enough, I posted a thread immediately right after 49ers game on how Gilbride is still horrible inside the redzone, that thread got the most views that week. I'm a sensational poster here. I should have made it clearer..
I've never seen you post anything POSITIVE about the Giants after a win or not.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I should have made it clearer..
I've never seen you post anything POSITIVE about the Giants after a win or not.Exactly.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 04:35 PM
But every post you made or the majority of them have been negative. Eli is not a gun slinger etc etc etc. I'm sorry but Eli is a real good qb and will not have a bad game.
Because you are only looking for the negatives to attack a poster who is being objective, I have not gotten any compliments for sticking up to Bradshaw when every other poster in here demanded that Brown be the starter which at this point looks like heresy and not something a true fan would say.

TheEnigma
10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
There's just too many one-on-one battles that the Giants come out on top for me to feel negative about this game. Nicks and Cruz against their DBs, Tuck against their RT, Prince against whoever, etc. Combine that with the 0-2 divisional hole and our experience of dealing with dual-threat QBs like RG3, it would take several Giants mistakes to give this one up.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I should have made it clearer..
I've never seen you post anything POSITIVE about the Giants after a win or not.
Why should I post a positive post? I can post anything I want. So I post something that other people don't quite see rather than posting a homer comment about how Giants will win it all like a maniac.

BurnerNYG
10-20-2012, 04:41 PM
You logged on last year trying to copy a few of my Eli homer threads. Now you ignore me like it upsets me or something. The difference between me and you, I'm a real fan that puts the team ahead of any player and you're a Eagle or Jet fan who gets a rise out of ruffling feathers. It's nice outside... why don't you go wash your imaginary car. LOL

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Why should I post a positive post? I can post anything I want. So I post something that other people don't quite see rather than posting a homer comment about how Giants will win it all like a maniac. I never said you couldn't post anything you want.

You are calling people's homers and what not, then get angry when people call you out on your posts. Which makes you look/sound like a troll. I'm not calling you one, but just saying. Sorry, but it's true. You never post anything positive about our team, regardless of whether we match up or not.

Stop calling people who root for the team "homer". That's not a homer, that's a fan. If people feel like their team has a shot to win, that's not being a homer. Chill.

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Because you are only looking for the negatives to attack a poster who is being objective, I have not gotten any compliments for sticking up to Bradshaw when every other poster in here demanded that Brown be the starter which at this point looks like heresy and not something a true fan would say.

is that how u remember it? ur stance wasnt bradshaw was great, it was "browns a bad rb, he only looked good bc it was the panthers."

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 05:00 PM

/thread

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I never said you couldn't post anything you want.

You are calling people's homers and what not, then get angry when people call you out on your posts. Which makes you look/sound like a troll. I'm not calling you one, but just saying. Sorry, but it's true. You never post anything positive about our team, regardless of whether we match up or not.

Stop calling people who root for the team "homer". That's not a homer, that's a fan. If people feel like their team has a shot to win, that's not being a homer. Chill.
What did I get called out on? Because there's nothing wrong on what I said about Eli and Gilbride. They are what they are and I am right on. Eli is not a gun-slinger, Aaron Rodgers is. Unless Eli can throw for 6 TD passes in a game, I plan on sticking to it. Gilbride is horrible inside redzone, this is not a hidden secret, most media outlets have called out on it too. Just because Eli saved Gilbride's behind with 2 Super Bowl rings doesn't mean Gilbride is perfect. Redzone TD scoring percentage is not very good, it's not something I am imagining, so please shut your mouth if you don't have any proof and just going after me with your homer mentality.

Sorry, anybody who sticks up for David Wilson's hall of fame soundbite is as homer as they come.

What the hell has their feel for the team to win got to do with anything I said, I predicted Giants to win, morons.

Rudyy
10-20-2012, 05:13 PM
And, I'm done.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 05:14 PM
is that how u remember it? ur stance wasnt bradshaw was great, it was "browns a bad rb, he only looked good bc it was the panthers."
I have also said Bradshaw hasn't lost anything when others said Bradshaw is done. The homers were imagining things just to see Brown run, it was quite disturbing and also pathetic to see that they would trash a veteran running back like Bradshaw in their weird fantasy of theirs that their wishful posts would somehow dictate how the reality would turn out, too bad that the reality is that Bradshaw is the undisputed starter and Brown has a concussion, seriously these homers make me chuckle. And now they are on my case because I'm not cool with David Wilson's moronic hall of fame comments? Screw you homers.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I have also said Bradshaw hasn't lost anything when others said Bradshaw is done. The homers were imagining things just to see Brown run, it was quite disturbing and also pathetic to see that they would trash a veteran running back like Bradshaw in their weird fantasy of theirs that their wishful posts would somehow dictate how the reality would turn out, too bad that the reality is that Bradshaw is the undisputed starter and Brown has a concussion, seriously these homers make me chuckle. And now they are on my case because I'm not cool with David Wilson's moronic hall of fame comments? Screw you homers.Look, you are playing yourself cause Wilson did very well running for us. You said earlier that you were making predictions. Well Wilson was making his.

You said Gilbride is not good at calling plays in the rendzone or endzone. Yet you claim that Eli isn't a gun slinger cause he can't throw a lot of tds in one game like Rodgers can. Well since that is the case, then it is not Eli's fault that he can't throw a lot of tds in one game but KG's. Wich one is it?

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Look, you are playing yourself cause Wilson did very well running for us. You said earlier that you were making predictions. Well Wilson was making his.

You said Gilbride is not good at calling plays in the rendzone or endzone. Yet you claim that Eli isn't a gun slinger cause he can't throw a lot of tds in one game like Rodgers can. Well since that is the case, then it is not Eli's fault that he can't throw a lot of tds in one game but KG's. Wich one is it?
David Wilson ran a 40 yard TD in garbage time, that's all he has, and you are saying he's running well? OH BOY. His primary job right now is a kick returner, not a running back, have you even been watching games? David Wilson is not even playing the position primarily that he's going to be a hall of famer on. His prediction and my prediction is not even in the same league. You are a fool to even think that.

Gilbride being pass-happy anywhere on the field is the main reason why he sucks, but Eli not throwing for many TD passes is not an excuse on Gilbride's bad playcalling as he calls more passes so Eli still has plenty of chances to get TDs regardless and yet he doesn't, he's not even close to Rodgers class, thus he's not a gun slinger by default.

If anybody wants to convince me that Eli is in the same gun slinger class that Rodgers is, Eli has to at least have several 4 TD pass games on his plate right now, does he? NO.

BuffyBlueII
10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
NY Giants have never lost when Eli Manning has thrown the ball for more than 50 times in the game.

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
the fact that it will be a tough game has nothing to do with the Giants

or traps or laying eggs or coming out flat or somebody on their team told them our plays

it has to do with this being the NFL .... the parity in this league is constantly on display .. NE . 3-3, as one of many great examples ... Steelers 2-3, Pack 3-3 and on and on

most games in this league are decided by 5 key plays ... if 4 of those 5 dont go your way, well you can easily lose to anyone ... and it's not from lack of effort or disrespecting the opponent

how about the Yankees with a $300MM payroll losing to the Royals with a $40MM, at least once per year

in this league all the teams having equally priced talent, so the difference between teams is very slight

then throw on top of that the divisional game factor ... the Skins know us like the back of their hands ... so it comes down to beating the man in front of you

brad
10-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Hmm, so am I wrong to think that Bradshaw is the starter instead of Brown who a few weeks ago the homers have touted him to take over only to see him get a concussion, I have defended Bradshaw all the time and I came out on top, I think I can ridicule the homers all I want.

And who in their right mind would take a side on David Wilson's outrageous hall of fame claim? Are you actually defending that too? And say you are not a homer? Really? OH BOY.

Get a clue sir.

I see reading comprehension is also a challenge for you. Where in my posts did I mention anything about Brown, Wilson or even Bradshaw? My comments are directed at you and your enjoyment in trashing players... then you go on a rant countering with a bunch of things I never posted, said or believed. At first I thought you were just some young kid, now I am starting to think your a politician, no substance, all outrage and nothing based on fact.

nhpgiantsfan
10-20-2012, 07:05 PM

Redskins 24 - Giants 27

You think we will loose a shoot out? You think the skins want to force Eli to beat them. This is laughable. They are the worst passing defense in the league. Most yards, most TDs, allowed. They should be very afraid of Eli. Your take on this game is way off. They are the ones who should be saying "we need to keep the SB MVP off the field!" This kid is explosive but don't act like the Giants should be scared of him.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 07:08 PM
David Wilson ran a 40 yard TD in garbage time, that's all he has, and you are saying he's running well? OH BOY. His primary job right now is a kick returner, not a running back, have you even been watching games? David Wilson is not even playing the position primarily that he's going to be a hall of famer on. His prediction and my prediction is not even in the same league. You are a fool to even think that.

Gilbride being pass-happy anywhere on the field is the main reason why he sucks, but Eli not throwing for many TD passes is not an excuse on Gilbride's bad playcalling as he calls more passes so Eli still has plenty of chances to get TDs regardless and yet he doesn't, he's not even close to Rodgers class, thus he's not a gun slinger by default.

If anybody wants to convince me that Eli is in the same gun slinger class that Rodgers is, Eli has to at least have several 4 TD pass games on his plate right now, does he? NO.Rodger has extra abilites and can move about. Dan Morino also a known qb was not that mobile. I think the Packers are pass happy as well but you have no problem with that. Know your different types of offenses. Giants right now are more suited for the pass cause they have a lot of talented receivers. The running game (depending how many backs are in the backfield) doesn't have that many options than the pass does.

In the pass, up to five receivers can go out for passes and those wrs have attributes. Eli runs a hard as system as well wich is made to pass the ball. Yet the running game is doing good. As for that garbage time, come on with that mess. There are a lot of teams that ran in garbage time even ones with big leads and still do nothing that they have to punt the ball and the other team has a chance to make one more score depending on the time clock. Garbage time is just an excuse. As for kick returns, he is doing well in that and in his chances, he is doing well to. Look at his production liar.

Don't even talk about asking me do I watch the games cause I was one of the posters who know the Giants were going to beat the 49ers and Eli proved you wrong in the games he played that even when we was losing, Eli helped us come back and you said he is only a game manager. You need to watch the games my friend or stop telling lies.

Oh. I was the one who said our O-line is underrated and our defense and look at the results now. This shows that I have more knowledge than you but then again, you are lying cause Wilson is doing well and just made a prediction just like you when you made your post about the Giants and the Skins game being close. You might be right but I will say this, the Giants should destroy them if they want to entertain us.

Hessian
10-20-2012, 07:12 PM

49ers have a lot better run defense, that didn't prevent the Giants from keep running the ball either, you don't know nothing son.
While I respect your opinion I highly doubt this is Eli's first rodeo. Assuming he has never seen this on the field I agree with you 100%. Their might be 31 other starting qb's in the league that are easier to bait at this point in their careers.

Ruttiger711
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM

Redskins 24 - Giants 27

This being a tendency in your mind, I would think you'd be able to give a few ACTUAL examples of this happening.... Since its a tendency.

We can get into the discussion about QB's not playing against each other but the respective defenses after.

Still really interested in your follow up.

Wait!!! Why did you edit your original post? Here - ill remind you

Eli also has a tendency to try to do too much against no-name / rookie QBs, RGIII is as enticing as they come for Eli to try to do too much.

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I see reading comprehension is also a challenge for you. Where in my posts did I mention anything about Brown, Wilson or even Bradshaw? My comments are directed at you and your enjoyment in trashing players... then you go on a rant countering with a bunch of things I never posted, said or believed. At first I thought you were just some young kid, now I am starting to think your a politician, no substance, all outrage and nothing based on fact.
Err excuse me but you are the one raging out at me with your homer mentality that got your panties knotted up. Why do I deserve your special treatment when the homers are dissing Bradshaw like he is a bum, am I really saying something as bad as that by saying Brown has a concussion? I am not obligated to side with a dumb comment Davild Wilson has said either, I mean there are so many people here who has been bashing Osi for opening his mouth, so why aren't you going after them? What is with this pick and choosing your foe deal? Is this your online hobby? If so keep me out of it, I have no interest being forced into caring about your fragile homer feelings.

Hessian
10-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Err excuse me but you are the one raging out at me with your homer mentality that got your panties knotted up. Why do I deserve your special treatment when the homers are dissing Bradshaw like he is a bum, am I really saying something as bad as that by saying Brown has a concussion? I am not obligated to side with a dumb comment Davild Wilson has said either, I mean there are so many people here who has been bashing Osi for opening his mouth, so why aren't you going after them? What is with this pick and choosing your foe deal? Is this your online hobby? If so keep me out of it, I have no interest being forced into caring about your fragile homer feelings.
LMFAO! Seriously, I laughed :)

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Rodger has extra abilites and can move about. Dan Morino also a known qb was not that mobile. I think the Packers are pass happy as well but you have no problem with that. Know your different types of offenses. Giants right now are more suited for the pass cause they have a lot of talented receivers. The running game (depending how many backs are in the backfield) doesn't have that many options than the pass does.

In the pass, up to five receivers can go out for passes and those wrs have attributes. Eli runs a hard as system as well wich is made to pass the ball. Yet the running game is doing good. As for that garbage time, come on with that mess. There are a lot of teams that ran in garbage time even ones with big leads and still do nothing that they have to punt the ball and the other team has a chance to make one more score depending on the time clock. Garbage time is just an excuse. As for kick returns, he is doing well in that and in his chances, he is doing well to. Look at his production liar.

Don't even talk about asking me do I watch the games cause I was one of the posters who know the Giants were going to beat the 49ers and Eli proved you wrong in the games he played that even when we was losing, Eli helped us come back and you said he is only a game manager. You need to watch the games my friend or stop telling lies.

Oh. I was the one who said our O-line is underrated and our defense and look at the results now. This shows that I have more knowledge than you but then again, you are lying cause Wilson is doing well and just made a prediction just like you when you made your post about the Giants and the Skins game being close. You might be right but I will say this, the Giants should destroy them if they want to entertain us.
What was the point of your first paragraph? Was that defending Eli as a gun slinger? Rodgers has extra abilities? What is that mean? You need to be more specific than that. Are you saying Eli is less mobile so he doesn't get to pass as much? But last season Eli attempted 589 passes to Rodgers' 502. I think Eli is getting plenty of chances. Har har.

I never said Eli was a game manager, I specifically stated that saying Eli is not a gun slinger doesn't mean he's automatically a game manager, there are a few more categories between them. But I sure saw a ton of homers predicting that Eli would throw more than 40 times in 49er game while I called for a running attack and killing the clock gameplan, so I was right more than you, because I actually called the gameplan, you just called who would win.

Again, your description that Wilson is doing well is very misleading, he's not even playing as a running back for his primary position, I don't think that qualifies at all as doing well as a running back.

Hessian
10-20-2012, 07:37 PM
What was the point of your first paragraph? Was that defending Eli as a gun slinger? Rodgers has extra abilities? What is that mean? You need to be more specific than that. Are you saying Eli is less mobile so he doesn't get to pass as much? But last season Eli attempted 589 passes to Rodgers' 502. I think Eli is getting plenty of chances. Har har.

I never said Eli was a game manager, I specifically stated that saying Eli is not a gun slinger doesn't mean he's automatically a game manager, there are a few more categories between them. But I sure saw a ton of homers predicting that Eli would throw more than 40 times in 49er game while I called for a running attack and killing the clock gameplan, so I was right more than you, because I actually called the gameplan, you just called who would win.

Again, your description that Wilson is doing well is very misleading, he's not even playing as a running back for his primary position, I don't think that qualifies at all as doing well as a running back.
I'm guessing you live in a black and white world from your depictions of apparent homer fans. What a fantastic world that must be, placing blame and claiming glory based off 50/50's. We're all fans here, who cares if one is jaded enough to think one way or another? Now calling you out is obviously different, but the term homer is a laugh, as is apologist, realist, and so on. We are fans, thats it.

brad
10-20-2012, 07:39 PM

My comment to you was based on your negativity and the attitude of "everyone else is an idiot". I don't disagree with your suggestion that this will be a tough game. I have made no comment on the Wilson issue or the Osi thing to anyone, and my comments directed at you have nothing to do with either of those situations

In the end... it isn't the content of your comments its the tone. We aren't all stupid, we aren't all homers, and not every Giants player is awful. If you want to be treated with respect, try showing some.

With that, I am done...

SuperNYGiants
10-20-2012, 07:47 PM
My comment to you was based on your negativity and the attitude of "everyone else is an idiot". I don't disagree with your suggestion that this will be a tough game. I have made no comment on the Wilson issue or the Osi thing to anyone, and my comments directed at you have nothing to do with either of those situations

In the end... it isn't the content of your comments its the tone. We aren't all stupid, we aren't all homers, and not every Giants player is awful. If you want to be treated with respect, try showing some.

With that, I am done...
I don't care about getting respect here, all I care about is talking about football, so stop being such a sensitive fairy and only talk about football otherwise you don't belong in my fantastic and majestic threads.

brad
10-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't care about getting respect here, all I care about is talking about football, so stop being such a sensitive fairy and only talk about football otherwise you don't belong in my fantastic and majestic threads.

Yeah... definitely 15 year old Internet tough guy.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in your thread, I feel so enlightened... I now know that the Giants are awful and that the coaching staff and players of the Skins is far superior. Oh... and, with exception to you of course, all Giants fans are idiots

Hessian
10-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I can see a lot of scoring here and I think most will come from the GMen. The fact is the Giants were a kick away from 5 and 1 and the Skins a play away from 2 and 4.they will score but RGIII has a too many commericals and not enough experience at this point that will show if the Giant D shows up big. RG may be promoting ice packs and bandages after this game
While I completely agree lets stay in the here and now, our records are what they are. The skins beat us twice last year, if that isn't enough motivation to win then maybe they are a better matchup vs. us. I just don't think it's going to happen. This game is a big deal, we need to beat lesser opponents and yes this is one of them. We have some clubs coming up who are legitimate threats. Our 2nd half schedule is brutal no matter what our oppositions records are. This is a beatable team.

Diamondring
10-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Again, your description that Wilson is doing well is very misleading, he's not even playing as a running back for his primary position, I don't think that qualifies at all as doing well as a running back.Eli is a good passer and can get a lot of yards and yes tds but he plays in a system harder than Rodgers. When most qbs come to play for the Giants, they don't look all that good like Carr. Yet when Eli comes in and passes the ball, he does it well.

By the way you talk about gunslingers, you think it is about a qb who throws passes a lot of passes real good. They get a lot of yards and tds but that is not true. Yet gun slingers are just qbs who throws the deep ball with strong arms that is all. There are good gunsliners like Rodgers and another one who was not that good like Jeff Goarge..

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Is a myth that he play so much better on he road. Go check the stats for Eli. His home record and away record are almost identical and so are the stats.

JJC7301
10-20-2012, 11:11 PM
It'll be tough, and wouldn't be SHOCKED if the 'skins won, but I think the Giants win this game.

giantsfan420
10-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Is a myth that he play so much better on he road. Go check the stats for Eli. His home record and away record are almost identical and so are the stats.

u r 10000% wrong. his w/l is much better on the road. it was posted somewhere around here, shouldnt be hard to find.

miked1958
10-20-2012, 11:34 PM
I know he has been here since 08 but most posts are hammering on the giants. After reading this thread I'd have to say this is a troll. Not sure what team he could be a fan of but some of the remarks in this thread have troll written all over it

miked1958
10-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Eli is human, and he's not going to play perfect in every game, and history tells me that Eli is more likely to have a bad game at home. Eli also has a tendency to try to do too much against no-name / rookie QBs, RGIII is as enticing as they come for Eli to try to do too much.The defense only allowed 7 points in the first half vs Eagles, that's hardly a bad showing, the defense ran out of breath being on the field a lot in the 2nd half as the offense couldn't get things going, Eli's INT in the redzone also hurt any chances. 19 points is hardly anything the high-powered Giants offense can't overcome, the offense is to blame for the loss, not defense.Andre Brown is a force now? He only had one good game, give me a break, and he's had a concussion, he's not as durable as you want to believe. David "big mouth" Wilson has me raising a red flag, the guy is mentally unstable, he cries after a fumble, and now he's touting himself as a hall of famer, oh boy.Redskins defense will adjust, don't worry, you are underestimating Redskins' coaching staff horribly, Shanahan is a very bright head-coach who rarely shoots himself in the foot. Their defense has improved the last 3 weeks compared to the first 3 weeks.this post is the one test got me thinking TROLL

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Home record 25-19. Away record 25-18. His stats on the road and at home are almost identical. The road playoff games have made the myth grow that they are so much better on the road than at home.

juice33s
10-20-2012, 11:49 PM
What did I get called out on? Because there's nothing wrong on what I said about Eli and Gilbride. They are what they are and I am right on. Eli is not a gun-slinger, Aaron Rodgers is. Unless Eli can throw for 6 TD passes in a game, I plan on sticking to it. Gilbride is horrible inside redzone, this is not a hidden secret, most media outlets have called out on it too. Just because Eli saved Gilbride's behind with 2 Super Bowl rings doesn't mean Gilbride is perfect. Redzone TD scoring percentage is not very good, it's not something I am imagining, so please shut your mouth if you don't have any proof and just going after me with your homer mentality.

Sorry, anybody who sticks up for David Wilson's hall of fame soundbite is as homer as they come.

What the hell has their feel for the team to win got to do with anything I said, I predicted Giants to win, morons.
So was he horrbile when the Giants were ranked 9th in red zone TD percentage last season?
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2012-02-05

Ruttiger711
10-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Home record 25-19. Away record 25-18. His stats on the road and at home are almost identical. The road playoff games have made the myth grow that they are so much better on the road than at home.

Very true - I think they listed this during the Carolina game.

Lets not forget the ATL beat down that started the playoff run was a home game.

juice33s
10-20-2012, 11:53 PM

If anybody wants to convince me that Eli is in the same gun slinger class that Rodgers is, Eli has to at least have several 4 TD pass games on his plate right now, does he? NO.
Was Eli not in his same class last season in the playoffs when he outgunned him infront of his own fans amassing more yards and TD's

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Very true - I think they listed this during the Carolina game. Lets not forget the ATL beat down that started the playoff run was a home game.Yeah I think they did show it during that game and also during a game last year. Also, I'm talking about the regular season. In the playoffs is another story.

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Home record 25-19. Away record 25-18. His stats on the road and at home are almost identical. The road playoff games have made the myth grow that they are so much better on the road than at home.Actually those numbers where wrong. Home record 36-27. Away record 37-26.

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 12:09 AM
he's started 125 games, 63 home 63 away.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6760/splits?year=career

Since the beginning of the 2007 season, their overall record away from the Meadowlands is 32-14, compared to 25-19 at home
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1343674-new-york-giants-5-reasons-why-they-play-better-on-the-road

so i exaggerated a tad. the difference isnt huge, but the fact we're better on the road is odd nonetheless. further, thats only since 2007. I'm pretty sure eli struggled at home those first 2 yrs as well

edit-and during the last game they showed the w/l home v away. the team is better on the road, even eli and tc have acknowledged this and how it has to change

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:00 AM
i dis agree Eli doesnt tail off till november (middle to end). Oct is his best month.

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 07:53 AM

Redskins 24 - Giants 27

your whole premese is based upon the Giants being complacent at home

This year they face a horrific schedule to repeat......there will be no complacency especially as Coughlin now has all the parts to replace anyone at any time other than Eli with a back up.........you dog it out there and you will quickly be on the pine

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Of 126 games played, 63 at home and 63 on the road, his win loss record is almost identical along with all his stats. It was posted by RF yesterday that the Giants have the second best road record since 2007 behind the Patriots. In that same time they are like three games better as far as wins and losses on the road. I'm not saying they are not a good road team. I'm saying its a myth that they are so much better as a road team. The legend all started in 2007 where they where by far better on the road that season than at home. That season 5 of their 6 losses where at home and of course they won 4 post season games on the road. Since that season they have lost 12 regular season games at home and they have lost 13 regular season games on the road. Then they have a win and a loss at home in the playoffs in that same time frame.

Die-Hard
10-21-2012, 08:38 AM
With all due respect to everyone, people on this forum DO get a little too over-confident entirely too often. No one should be thinking this game is a lock for the Giants because of past records, or the fact that the Giants won the SB last year. It can absolutely go either way at any time, and the sooner you buy into this line of thinking, the less likely you are to explode in a rage. How do I know this? Check in to the boards after a loss. Here's a visual, in a nutshell

http://www.lyntonweb.com/Portals/74005/images/mushroom-cloud.jpg

This can be avoided by accepting that they aren't going to win every game. The OP hasn't said anything so inflammatory to cause all of this vitriol

penguinfarmer
10-21-2012, 08:44 AM
But that is one big happy explosive visual.

That is unless you're afraid of clowns. Then it's certainly apocalyptic. I feel neither of those when the Giants lose.

Die-Hard
10-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Holy crap, I never noticed that! LMAO

Nice catch!

Ruttiger711
10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
But that is one big happy explosive visual.

That is unless you're afraid of clowns. Then it's certainly apocalyptic. I feel neither of those when the Giants lose.

Oh that is creepy, now that you pointed it out that's all I see.

SuperNYGiants
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm the greatest poster that has ever lived, just call me Nostradamus.

dakotajoe
10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
I read a bit of your initial post, looked spot on! Bold and accurate prediction from a Giants fan.

SuperNYGiants
10-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I read a bit of your initial post, looked spot on! Bold and accurate prediction from a Giants fan.
Thanks, it's nothing really though if you know what you are talking about, unlike the poser fairweather fans here who think Bradshaw is done and Brown should start and David Wilson is a hall of famer and Gilbride is a good OC.

I have come to a conclusion that their biased views stem not only from being a homer, but for lacking intelligence.

ShakeandBake
10-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm the greatest poster that has ever lived, just call me Nostradamus.

More like Nostradumbass

Harooni
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
super did call it right

giantsforce
10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks, it's nothing really though if you know what you are talking about, unlike the poser fairweather fans here who think Bradshaw is done and Brown should start and David Wilson is a hall of famer and Gilbride is a good OC.

I have come to a conclusion that their biased views stem not only from being a homer, but for lacking intelligence.You have to learn to ignore the homers around here that no matter what, the coaching staff or their favorite player can do no wrong. If you read their posts, all they resort to is name calling without offering any substance. They talk about the lack of respect by the media and so on, but they do not see that every week when the Giants take the field, we have no clue which team will show up: The team that is capable of beating the Rogers and the Brady's or the team that loses games to the likes of Rex Grossman, Tavares Jackson Vince Young or any other 3rd rate QB. All we ask is some consistency, or are we asking for too much? Are we wrong when we say that coaching sucks at times? Are we wrong to point out that the players very often do not seem to be ready for a big home game? Are we wrong to point out that we cannot score from inside the 20 and say that we have a problem somewhere that needs to be addressed? Oh, well. I guess winning makes you overlook certain things. Let's hope we will keep winning. After all that's all we want as Giants fans.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
is super jackstroud?? lol very funny poster. hats off to him.

gumby74
10-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm the greatest poster that has ever lived, just call me Nostradamus. I can't call you that as Eli fan boys have already taken that title, but I'm with you. Watch the Giants long enough and you should know that we're due to lay an egg every other game. Hell, even ESPN were laughing at us while congratulating us. Something about managing to "almost lose" 7 times a year..