PDA

View Full Version : Must win in week 7

gmenfan0488
10-20-2012, 03:28 PM
If we lose this game, I don't see us making the playoffs. We'll be 0-3 in the division, and a wild card team's probably gonna need 11 wins to make it in. If we lose this game, it may be time to start playing for a good draft pick.

RoanokeFan
10-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Weren't we 3 - 3 in the Division last season?

juice33s
10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
If we lose this game, I don't see us making the playoffs. We'll be 0-3 in the division, and a wild card team's probably gonna need 11 wins to make it in. If we lose this game, it may be time to start playing for a good draft pick.
You're a moron, go away

GMan-67
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
must win in week 7????

did you not watch last season? ... we lost 7 must win games by your assessment

now none of us want to go thru that experience again ... well the 1st 14 game part of it ... but you cant just throw out must win ... we are not even at the halfway mark

Ruttiger711
10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
No one wants to start 0-3 in the division - but if we lose, we're not out. By definition, not a must win.

ashleymarie
10-20-2012, 06:00 PM

I still have my eye on the playoffs with or without a win tomorrow. :)

Hessian
10-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Not agreeing or disagreeing but it would be fantastic to start to put the proverbial cleat on the throats of lesser clubs. I wonder what it feels like to actually know you're going to win a game you should :)

RagTime Blue
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Nope. We've had "must-win" games already this season (IMO), and we won them.

This would be a pride-diminishing loss, as it would put us in with the pack of "decent" NFC teams.

miked1958
10-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree its not a must win but I don't think we want to fall to 0-3

RagTime Blue
10-20-2012, 06:25 PM
My understanding is that "division record" means nothing. What matters is our record vs. individual teams. So if we go 2-4 in the division, but beat the 'Skins twice, we'll have the tiebreaker over them. It also means that if we beat the Cowboys/Eagles next matchup, then that tiebreaker will be a wash.

When it comes to WildCard significance, it's CONFERANCE records that makes the difference.

Don't get me wrong, it's very important to win your division games. But I don't think this is "must-win" territory here. In fact, I suspect TC might just keep a little in reserve, rather than tip our entire hand in this matchup.

Parademon
10-20-2012, 09:21 PM
I kinda think it is pretty close to a must win game in that it may well determine the difference between div winner & having to scoreboard watch in Dec & hope other teams win/lose for us to get in. NE wins their div just about every yr cuz they always prioritize winning at least 4-5 or all 6 of their games vs the Jets/Miami/Buffalo. NE never has to scoreboard watch in Dec cuz they already have a div lead of at least 3 games.

We lose tomorrow & God forbid Dallas sweeps us, the playoffs could well be in jeopardy. So with 2 div games coming up. it is imperative that the G-men win these next 2 games to not only get to 2-2 in the div, but start creating a gap between us & the other 3 teams in our div.

brad
10-20-2012, 09:33 PM
It seems like every week we see "this is a must win game"... while I do agree that winning this game makes the path to the playoffs much easier, I don't know that I would call it a must win. For me, this game is a statement game however, the Giants need to show that they can win the games they are supposed to win, and that they can keep up the intensity they have had the past few weeks.

This game is going to be a good one, the Skins are a good team that will bring their best game tomorrow. The Giants have been steadily improving however, and they are getting relatively healthy. It think they pull this one out and win by double digits.

phoenix3411
10-20-2012, 09:37 PM
i agree i wouldnt classify this as a must win but we sure dont want to be 0 n 3 in the div. as a pride factor, however no need to make it any harder to make playoffs its already hard enough to make it there.

JJC7301
10-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Weren't we 3 - 3 in the Division last season?
The Giants rewrite the rule books all of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants lose all 6 divisional games, go 10-6 and still make the playoffs and win it all again.

I'd really like the Giants to have a dominant season. We had one in in '08 when they went 12-4, but lost against Philly. This is a better team than that one.
I'd like to see them run the table on the rest of the divisional games and go at least 12-4, and go on to win the SB. I want one of those sit-back-and-enjoy-the-entire-season seasons.

ALLnygIN
10-20-2012, 10:42 PM
It's important game, not must win, but certianly may make things easier on us if we don't go 3-3 like last season. Def not out by any strectch if we lose though.

Buddy333
10-20-2012, 11:11 PM
They really need to try to win the next two games. They are both divisional games. One against a team that swept them last year and the other against a team they don't want to be swept by this year. They have absolutely no excuse for not showing up the next two weeks.

stormblue
10-21-2012, 12:07 AM
yes its a must win , we are already 2 games behind ATL for #1 seed.

we gotta stop this 4th qtr comeback, late season back to the wall ,

scoreboard watching for help making a wild card birth and all the

other mediocre play down to the competition jeckyl and hyde BS.

hows about we go out and defend our title like real men and kick some

assbucket and dominate and instill some fear in our opponents like

other perennial powerhouses do.

stop making excuses for "an acceptable loss" there's no such thing.

THEY ARE ALL MUST WINS. double must for conference games and

triple must for pride carrying division games.

(and they need to cover so i can cash out with my STIB)

Tmurda1984
10-21-2012, 08:26 AM
I agree with the poster who said that this is a "must win" game. Mathematically, its not a must win game but I think its a must win game because a loss here would be demoralizing heading into the Cowboy game the following week 0-3 in the division. The Eagle loss was demoralizing, and the following week when Bradshaw fumbled on the 1st play against the Browns...you heard all of the boos and all of a sudden we was down 0-14. Thank god it was the winless Browns, and we was able to get back on track. This Giant team can not leave this stadium with a loss today...people can say that we won it last year at 9-7, but this is a whole new year and I can't believe people believe no other team in our division can do better than 8-8.

Captain Chaos
10-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Now there is a cup that's half full!