PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who want TC gone . . . .

GMENAGAIN
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
. . . . would you be ok with bringing back Spags as DC with the promise that he would take over as HC when TC retires in 1-2 years? Sort of the Parcells and Belicheck scenario with the Jets (except hopefully without Spags resigning as the HC of the NYG when TC retires).</P>

I'm just not seeing a lot of candidates out there that would excite me (Cowher doesn't seem like he wants to coach again), and thought that this could be a good alternative.</P>

What do you think?</P>

elifan10
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
As long as fewell never steps with 1000 feet of the giants organization ever again.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
No Way. I want the 3 stooges gone.

BigBlue1971
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
bringing Spags back in any situation would be a plus for the team. </P>

he may come back if the hc position is available to him after TC retires.</P>

im more in favor of Fewell leaving than TC at this point!</P>

TheEnigma
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I know it doesn't exactly address the OP but I think Jack Del Rio as a possible DC candidate is worth a look. His defense over the past few years has been solid despite the lack of stars.

GMENAGAIN
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I know it doesn't exactly address the OP but I think Jack Del Rio as a possible DC candidate is worth a look. His defense over the past few years has been solid despite the lack of stars.</P>

Ordinarily I would agree but numerous reports indicated that one of the reasons he was fired was because he had gotten lazy . . . . was basically a 9 to 5er. No thanks. </P>

BParcells777
12-18-2011, 11:40 PM
. . . . would you be ok with bringing back Spags as DC with the promise that he would take over as HC when TC retires in 1-2 years? Sort of the Parcells and Belicheck scenario with the Jets (except hopefully without Spags resigning as the HC of the NYG when TC retires).</p>

I'm just not seeing a lot of candidates out there that would excite me (Cowher doesn't seem like he wants to coach again), and thought that this could be a good alternative.</p>

What do you think?</p>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want Bill Cowher announced as our new Head Coach at Noon tomorrow......of course, Spags or Jack Del rio can coach the D...........or how about Pepper Johnson???

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
I think Philly will get Spags (Philly will be announcing his hiringwhileReese is waiting in line for the Early Bird Special to open).</P>

Assuming Spags is hired by Philly, I'd like to see Jack Del Rio replace Fewell.</P>

I'd like to get a new offensive coordinator, because the far majority of good things that have happened this season seems to come without Gilbride's input.</P>

As far as Coughlin goes, I'm not calling for him to get fired, but things need to change on offense and defense.</P>

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
I think Philly will get Spags (Philly will be announcing his hiringwhileReese is waiting in line for the Early Bird Special to open).</P>

Assuming Spags is hired by Philly, I'd like to see Jack Del Rio replace Fewell.</P>

I'd like to get a new offensive coordinator, because the far majority of good things that have happened this season seems to come without Gilbride's input.</P>

As far as Coughlin goes, I'm not calling for him to get fired, but things need to change on offense and defense.</P>

lawl
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Mike zimmer at hc.

And some young positions coach for oc. Maybe like the QB coach in NO. Some **** like that.

There's always random coaches that you've never heard of that end up being good

rebelfan1966
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
We went from being QB Killas ..... to a defense every QB in the league wants to play to boost their numbers.

SweetZombieJesus
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Should have gotten rid of Coughlin in the aftermath of 2008, when the fatal flaw was first obvious.

3 wasted seasons. No need to prolong the agony with a transition plan.

But I'm just crazy. Let's keep waiting and see what happens at the end of the year. Again.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Should have gotten rid of him in the aftermath of 2008, when the fatal flaw was first obvious.

3 wasted seasons.

But I'm just crazy.* Let's keep waiting and see what happens at the end of the year.* Again.
Should never had hired him to begin with. Never liked him as a coach and he is proven me right every year.

NWKEffectElement
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Nope, I want him gone. This act has been old. He is freaking 65 years old!!!!!

SweetZombieJesus
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Should never had hired him to begin with. Never liked him as a coach and he is proven me right every year.

That's foolish. He deserved a shot (which he got and then some). He did do a lot of good things (no losing seasons after 2004, playoffs 4 years in a row, a Super Bowl, great 1st half records). But it's obvious he's fatally flawed by the collapses in 7 of 8 years and the eggs in big games especially the playoffs.

NWKEffectElement
12-19-2011, 12:00 AM
I think Philly will get Spags (Philly will be announcing his hiring*while*Reese is waiting in line for the Early Bird Special to open).</P>

I'd like to get a new offensive coordinator, because the far majority of* good things that have happened this season seems to come without Gilbride's input.</P>

So thatwould be 9 coordinator changes if he does replace them at seasons' end. No thanks, time to clean house.

NWKEffectElement
12-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Should have gotten rid of Coughlin in the aftermath of 2008, when the fatal flaw was first obvious.

3 wasted seasons.* No need to prolong the agony with a transition plan.

But I'm just crazy.* Let's keep waiting and see what happens at the end of the year.* Again.

No way man. We should wait until there is a totally injury free season to gauge how great TC is.

NYfanatic
12-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Yea after 3 years he hasnt done anything to prove he deserves to stay. Beside 2007 he hasnt won a playoff game. Coughlin need to go. Fire the entire coaching staff for all I care.

Firenugget
12-19-2011, 07:42 AM
If we miss the playoffs, I want them all gone. ALL OF THEM.

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Mike zimmer at hc. And some young positions coach for oc. Maybe like the QB coach in NO. Some **** like that. There's always random coaches that you've never heard of that end up being good</P>

I like Zimmer too.</P>

Time for a defensive minded HC. We've had to endure too many lame defenses over the last few regimes . . . . </P>

tonyt830
12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Mike zimmer at hc. And some young positions coach for oc. Maybe like the QB coach in NO. Some **** like that. There's always random coaches that you've never heard of that end up being good</P>

I like Zimmer too.</P>

Time for a defensive minded HC.* We've had to endure too many lame defenses over the last few regimes . . . . </P>I'd have no problem with the Giants going after Zimmer, should Coughlin get canned. I would be ok with Del Rio as a D-coordinator if Coughlin stays. As for o-coordinator, I don't know, but some young blood with creativity would be welcomed.

Giantsin04
12-19-2011, 11:08 AM
If we miss the playoffs, I want them all gone. ALL OF THEM.

INCLUDING REESE !!!!

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 11:12 AM
*. . . . would you be ok with bringing back Spags as DC with the promise that he would take over as HC when TC retires in 1-2 years?** Sort of the Parcells and Belicheck scenario with the Jets (except hopefully without Spags resigning as the HC of the NYG when TC retires).</P>

I'm just not seeing a lot of candidates out there that would excite me (Cowher doesn't seem like he wants to coach again), and thought that this could be a good alternative.*</P>

What do you think?</P>

I think I have more of a shot at winning the lottery by not playing.

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 11:14 AM
. . . . would you be ok with bringing back Spags as DC with the promise that he would take over as HC when TC retires in 1-2 years? Sort of the Parcells and Belicheck scenario with the Jets (except hopefully without Spags resigning as the HC of the NYG when TC retires).</P>

I'm just not seeing a lot of candidates out there that would excite me (Cowher doesn't seem like he wants to coach again), and thought that this could be a good alternative.</P>

What do you think?</P>

</P>

no. there's not alot of evidence that he's much more than an average head coach.</P>

he doesn't have alot of talent in st. louis, and he's also not getting much out of them. if anything, they're getting worse.</P>