PDA

View Full Version : Brown Back To Spell Bradshaw

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...urxChSXqQvE1PI (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/brown_back_to_spell_bradshaw_wyfntN9WurxChSXqQvE1P I)

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw never will say he is carrying too much of a load in the Giants running game, but his body may have chimed in about the subject, as he missed two days of practice this week with a sore foot. That’s what 57 combined rushing attempts in back-to-back games will do to a player dealing with surgically repaired feet.

It figures Bradshaw won’t be quite the workhorse today against the Redskins, as Andre Brown returns after missing one game with a concussion. In consecutive games earlier this season, Brown accounted for 33 carries, 184 rushing yards and three touchdowns to earn additional playing time, and is expected to be reintroduced to the offense this afternoon.

“If we’re rushing the ball good and they want to run the ball 40 times, I hope I get 20,” Brown said. “However they divide up the carries. And you know what coach said, whoever has the hot hand. If they want to let Ahmad go, let him. I’m still a team player first.” Read more...

Captain Chaos
10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
That is good news, I think the load over the last two weeks was just too much. We want to keep the angry running back healthy because we will need him down the road!

stormblue
10-21-2012, 09:38 AM
i'm ok with the new incarnation of "earth , wind and fire"
who ever is hot and healthy is fine with me.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I love watching Ahmad succeed, but if we want him around for a few more years, we are going to have to take some of the load off of his ailing feet. I believe we have the next RB tandem already on the roster in Brown and Wilson. I'd like to see them give Bradshaw 60%, Brown 25% and WIlson 15% for the time being.

tonyt830
10-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I love watching Ahmad succeed, but if we want hm around for a few more years, we are going to have to take some of the load off of his ailing feet. I believe we have the next RB tandem already on the roster in Brown and Wilson. I'd like to see then give Bradshaw 60%, Brown 25% and WIlson 15% for the time being.sounds like good percentages to me. And we all know that Wilson can make the most of his 15%.

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. But as you said Coughlin makes the decisions. :)

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 12:07 PM
sounds like good percentages to me. And we all know that Wilson can make the most of his 15%.

Exactly, Running backs need enough snaps to get into rhythm. This sort of division of snaps gives them all that opportunity

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 12:24 PM
About time! I agree with this 200%. I like those percentages btw RF. The Giants have such a good depth at the RB position, it wouldn't make sense to unnecessarily overuse anyone at this point. Keeping them all healthy and good to go for the postseason run would be great.

RagTime Blue
10-21-2012, 12:33 PM
My guess is Bradshaw 50%, Brown 40%, Wilson 10% of all SNAPS.

I do feel that Brown will have more CARRIES, however.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. But as you said Coughlin makes the decisions. :)

I will always defer to the coaching staff. But I can dream

BeatYale
10-21-2012, 12:38 PM
That Ahmdre Brownshaw is a mighty good running back.

stormblue
10-21-2012, 12:45 PM
That Ahmdre Brownshaw is a mighty good running back.

Da'Ahmdre Brownshawlson

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 12:50 PM
the issue is not Browns number of carries.........the issue is loss of the element of suprise and continuity

Whenever Brown comes in they run it, and that is bad for Brown and bad for the team......thats something only Vince Lombardi and the famous Student Body Right could get away with.......you cannot telegraph your running plays in the NFL.

It rather see Brown take the 1st half and the smaller Bradshaw come in for the second half when the defense is tired. Alternately do not run the ball everytime Brown comes in, MIX IT UP

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 12:54 PM
the issue is not Browns number of carries.........the issue is loss of the element of suprise and continuity

Whenever Brown comes in they run it, and that is bad for Brown and bad for the team......thats something only Vince Lombardi and the famous Student Body Right could get away with.......you cannot telegraph your running plays in the NFL.

It rather see Brown take the 1st half and the smaller Bradshaw come in for the second half when the defense is tired. Alternately do not run the ball everytime Brown comes in, MIX IT UP

I don 't know if that's true or not, but Brown clicked off 100 + yards in relief of Bradshaw when he couldn't play. I saw him make a mistake on one block in that game and in that case he just didn't hold it long enough. There is only one way to improve.

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 01:04 PM
In addition to the carries, it's also taking hard hits from blocking furious blitz packages, passing routes like the screen pass, dump pass, checkdown, etc.. Not easy for one person to do for an entire game, week to week.

GiantRoc
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I don 't know if that's true or not, but Brown clicked off 100 + yards in relief of Bradshaw when he couldn't play. I saw him make a mistake on one block in that game and in that case he just didn't hold it long enough. There is only one way to improve.

Big +1 here. There wasn't a huge drop off in protection from what I remember. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes his last start. I also like your run breakdown Roa. Imagin AB 1+2 power rushing behind the improved run blocking, then 1/2 way through the 3rd in comes Wilson. His explosiveness against a worn down D. Man, could be fun.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Big +1 here. There wasn't a huge drop off in protection from what I remember. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes his last start. I also like your run breakdown Roa. Imagin AB 1+2 power rushing behind the improved run blocking, then 1/2 way through the 3rd in comes Wilson. His explosiveness against a worn down D. Man, could be fun.

I understand the "keep Eli out of harm's way" philosophy, but I also believe only real game experience can move a player's development along. Couple that with Bradshaw's ailing feet it's to everyone's benefit to get Brown and Wilson more involved as the season progresses.