PDA

View Full Version : Why is he off the hook???? this loss falls mainly at the feet of KG

Harooni
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Mustache man!!!! so why is he getting a pass here???

And i will explain why.

Two turnovers REX gave us the game early our run game was good the very little we ran, and gilbride calls deep stuff. the defense holds to 3 points then a punt. so in 4 drives skins get only 3 , We should have been controlling the clock resting the D and scoring some points, even if it was 10-3 at the end of the first qtr the whole game changes.

Then later in the game we have a few 3rd and longs, what do we do we try to run there.

(slaps head)

go look at our 3rd down percentage it stinks. and its mostly the play calling!!! sure the drops and Eli threw into double coverage a few times. but the play calling stinks and it starts there.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I agree, KG was horrible today. Why can we never pick up the tempo until it is too late? It is good enough for Brady and Peyton but not the Giants. My 11 old son can see how good Eli is in the Two minute drill.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM

And i will explain why.

Two turnovers REX gave us the game early our run game was good the very little we ran, and gilbride calls deep stuff.* the defense holds to 3 points then a punt. so in 4 drives skins get only 3 , We should have been controlling the clock resting the D and scoring some points, even if it was 10-3 at the end of the first qtr the whole game changes.

Then later in the game we have a few 3rd and longs, what do we do we try to run there.

(slaps head)

go look at our 3rd down percentage it stinks. and its mostly the play calling!!!* sure the drops and Eli threw into double coverage a few times. but the play calling stinks and it starts there.

Nicks catches the ball & we're talking a totally different story plain & simple truth. Perfect call perfect throw & terrible execution by Nicks. Book it.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM

And i will explain why.

Two turnovers REX gave us the game early our run game was good the very little we ran, and gilbride calls deep stuff.* the defense holds to 3 points then a punt. so in 4 drives skins get only 3 , We should have been controlling the clock resting the D and scoring some points, even if it was 10-3 at the end of the first qtr the whole game changes.

(slaps head)

go look at our 3rd down percentage it stinks. and its mostly the play calling!!!* sure the drops and Eli threw into double coverage a few times. but the play calling stinks and it starts there.

Agree.

Let's keep throwing that corner fade until works!

NYG4lifeNYK
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Who is giving killdrive a pass? Find me one person & I will slap the taste out of their mouths.

If he isn't fired after this offseason I have to severely question this organization...

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 08:23 PM

And i will explain why.

(slaps head)

Agree.

Let's keep throwing that corner fade until works!

Screen plays on 3rd and long will eventually work and keep occassionally trying to run the same play twice in hopes of being able to fool someone one day... lol

GameTime
12-18-2011, 08:23 PM
I agree....WTF..... cant they just get some first downs and move the ball methodically. They are down by 10 and they play like they are down by 20. These long passes on 3rd andmanageable are ****ing killing me.....</P>

</P>

Martin
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
If your offense cannot get into a grove
you do something that works.

Eli has shown that he can move the
ball with the up tempo.

Waiting until the very end of the game
is a stubborn person who is following
his game chart with blinders on.

And true the execution also was bad make
no excuses for that either but let Eli
play his game. Gilbride is getting in the way
with a set plan that sometimes doesnt work.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree....WTF..... cant they just get some first downs and move the ball methodically. They are down by 10 and they play like they are down by 20. These long passes on 3rd and*manageable are ****ing killing me.....</P>

*</P>

It is very weird that when the O line breaks down, he doesn't call a run or short pass, just keeps them under fire until Eli makes and escape and throw or gets sacked.

Harooni
12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Nicks catches the ball &amp; we're talking a totally different story plain &amp; simple truth. Perfect call perfect throw &amp; terrible execution by Nicks. Book it.

no bro, you run a bit you pass short you get some first downs you give the D a rest and you control the clock and you score slowly, rather than trying to hit the homerun and hope for a big play or PI every time. you also get your QB into a rhythm . Eli didnt have a completion till very late thx to the drops and bad play selection.

BlueSanta
12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
We came out the 1st time we played the Skins and tried to pass , pass, pass....and we lost.

Today we came out and tried to pass, pass, pass and we lost again. Never mind the FACT that when we did try to run we got huge chunks of yards early in the game. We averaged 7.25 yards per carry in the 1st quarter.

Our defense stinks, we all know this. So it only stands to reason we try NOT to keep them on the field the entire game. Why on EARTH didnt we run it more? We ran the ball once in the 2nd quarter.....

Harooni
12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
We came out the 1st time we played the Skins and tried to pass , pass, pass....and we lost.

Today we came out and tried to pass, pass, pass and we lost again. Never mind the FACT that when we did try to run we got huge chunks of yards early in the game. We averaged 7.25 yards per carry in the 1st quarter.

Our defense stinks, we all know this. So it only stands to reason we try NOT to keep them on the field the entire game. Why on EARTH didnt we run it more? We ran the ball once in the 2nd quarter.....

i agree , except the D only gave up 13 points. the rest came off turnovers . so had the D been able to rest the first half instead of playing the whole time basically (and i know they had trouble on 3rd down) this game is very different.

Gianthunter
12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Anybody that relies on the Giants putrid pathetic defense to hold a game is delusional. The offense could have 45 minutes TOP and the"fresh" defense will still hand the game over.

Harooni
12-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Anybody that relies on the Giants putrid pathetic defense to hold a game is delusional. The offense could have 45 minutes TOP and the"fresh" defense will still hand the game over.

i guess you have no clue how football works, the Off or sp teams can make the D look very bad.

Gianthunter
12-18-2011, 09:34 PM

i guess you have no clue how football works, the Off or sp teams can make the D look very bad.

Thats ****ing hysterical. That stinking rotting no talentmess of a so-called "defense" doesn't needany help.

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Everyone on the team is "on the hook" for this one.</P>

This was the worst game of the season, and everyone - offense, defense, special teams, and coaching - had a hand in it.</P>

If Coughlingets fired, we can all point to this game asthe reason.</P>

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM

And i will explain why.

Two turnovers REX gave us the game early our run game was good the very little we ran, and gilbride calls deep stuff. the defense holds to 3 points then a punt. so in 4 drives skins get only 3 , We should have been controlling the clock resting the D and scoring some points, even if it was 10-3 at the end of the first qtr the whole game changes.

(slaps head)

go look at our 3rd down percentage it stinks. and its mostly the play calling!!! sure the drops and Eli threw into double coverage a few times. but the play calling stinks and it starts there.

It's mandatory on 3rd down that we throw deep. It means nothing that all we need is 4 yards. We must throw deep. And pray.

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM

And i will explain why.

(slaps head)

It's mandatory on 3rd down that we throw deep. It means nothing that all we need is 4 yards. We must throw deep. And pray.

JJC7301
12-18-2011, 10:14 PM
It's not KG's fault. The Giants just weren't able to find their intensity. It's nobody's fault -- they're just never able to find their intensity.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM

And i will explain why.

(slaps head)

It's mandatory on 3rd down that we throw deep.* It means nothing that all we need is 4 yards.* We must throw deep.* And pray.

Off turnovers too.

We must hit a home run after a turnover every time. Besides, the opposing team never expects it, that's what makes it such a genius move..

Harooni
12-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Off turnovers too.

We must hit a home run after a turnover every time. Besides, the opposing team never expects it, that's what makes it such a genius move..

lets do what we did 14 times in this situation because its the last thing they will expect , must be his thinking.

all this talk about fire fewell and tc . this is the guy that cost us big today.

ToomerFORtheBomb
12-19-2011, 03:29 AM
It's not KG's fault. The Giants just weren't able to find their intensity. It's nobody's fault -- they're just never able to find their intensity.

Shirley you can't be serious.

TrueBlue10
12-19-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't really see anyone giving him a pass but other than that I .... think Harooni is... right?

man, this HAS been a rough day =P

Harooni
12-19-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't really see anyone giving him a pass but other than that I .... think Harooni is... right?

man, this HAS been a rough day =P

cool sig !

I wouldnt pass water over gilbride.

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 12:55 PM

And i will explain why.

(slaps head)

The Skins wouldnt have scored those points had the O been able cash in on at least one of the turnovers... We alos gave the Skins back the ball how many times that the D just held them to 3... This loss in on the O unit as a whole... From the coaching to the players...

Sarcasman
12-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Off turnovers too.

lets do what we did 14 times in this situation because its the last thing they will expect , must be his thinking.

all this talk about fire fewell and tc .* this is the guy that cost us big today.

This is on TC as well.

Once it became obvious that the defense was going to be a significant liability for every second they were on the field, TC should have ordered Gilbride into a ball control offense.

Who cares if you can score in 87 seconds if that's just going to put the defense back on the field? The Giants should be running, running the ball, throwing screens and dump offs and focusing on the short to mid passing game. Nothing over 10 yards.

It's the only thing that makes sense given the current make up of the team.

Sarcasman
12-20-2011, 03:22 PM

And i will explain why.

(slaps head)

We alos gave the Skins back the ball how many times that the D just held them to 3... This loss in on the O unit as a whole... From the coaching to the players...

Let's not confuse the Redskin's offensive ineptitude with good defense.

MattMeyerBud
12-20-2011, 03:52 PM

And i will explain why.

(slaps head)

i agree

i was waiting on a heavy run attack on sunday. We finally got something going with it and we should of pounded it all day and night

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I have this insane idea....

Imagine it's the 1st quarter. 3rd and short. The opponent comes out with their heavy package.

Giants try for the 1st down, and if they don't make it they punt, but if they do convert, how about Manning goes into a no huddle to trap the other team's heavy personnel on the field?

This is the sort of stuff that Patriots, Saints, and Packers would pull.....but God forbid Killdrive speeds things up until the game is almost out of hand.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Exactly right about the Nicks drop. That's a touchdown and gives us early confidence. Sometimes games are decided early on. I just don't understand how he drops some easy catches and makes some very difficult ones. </P>

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 06:51 PM
I agree with Sarcasman about throwing screens except for this - WE SUCK AT IT! I've seen us throw the screen to our slow tight ends and to Danny Ware and lose yardage. Guess Bradshaw isn't very good at it, but he seems like the only back with enough quicks to accelerate out of a crowded situation. We ran a very good one that surprised even me in the first Eagles game and scored on it. But be honest - we don't run it well at all.

Vtgmenfan89
12-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Well rather than picking up a first down on 3rd down with a high percentage short completion, it's always better to take a deep shot. Right?

giantsfan420
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Well rather than picking up a first down on 3rd down with a high percentage short completion, it's always better to take a deep shot. Right?

and then on 3rd and longs he throws a screen or calls a short pass. makes absolutely no sense. KG has it in reverse.

3rd and short, he goes long.
3rd and long, he goes short...just completely clueless and moronic.

KG's scheme is alright, his play calling and use of personnel is god awful and he shoulda been shown the door a while ago. now eli is so entrenched in his scheme it makes it difficult to let him go bc eli would have to start from scratch...

hopefull our next OC can run a version of KG's offense and allows eli to run a no huddle, not to speed it up but the no huddle like Indy runs