PDA

View Full Version : Horrible call at 3rd and 1

53canton
10-21-2012, 03:50 PM
1 yard and he throws to the sideline to Nicks???? There was no room for error there. Why not run straight ahead?

paulj
10-21-2012, 03:57 PM
This is play that will cost us the game!

MikeSherrard
10-21-2012, 04:09 PM
you cant really argue with putting the ball in Eli and nicks hands.. Its easy to second guess. The defense was paying run all the way.

GMan-67
10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
it's not horrible ... that back shoulder throw to Nicks is truly one of our bread and butter plays ... those guys do that in their sleep and this is Eli's team ... when it comes down to it we want him to decide the game ... plus it was a little over a yard, no automatic pick up

now, i get it ... Eli was off all day and NIcks is only 80%, so would i have run that ... no ... but again Eli is very confident and he is totally trusted even when having a bad game

and our trust in him ultimately proved correct with the huge play to Cruz

time to move on to the Boys ... this one is in the books

and hopefully everyone is reminded of how the NFL is ... what you did last week means nothing good or bad

sc_markt
10-21-2012, 04:57 PM
1 yard and he throws to the sideline to Nicks???? There was no room for error there. Why not run straight ahead?

My thoughts exactly. And also when it was first down and Eli threw the pick. I was thinking run the ball to eat up time.