PDA

View Full Version : CANT REMEMBER BEING SO DISGUSTED AFTER A GIANTS WIN

LoveRack
10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
HORRIBLE PLAYCALLING GIVING GRIFFIN A CHANCE TO LOOK LIKE A HERO,,,NOW ON TOP OF ALL THE ***** KISSING OF GRIFFIN THERE WILL BE MORE,,, GRRRRRR

Toadofsteel
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, kiss the *** of the sub-.500 redskins...

NYGabriel
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
A win is a win is a win.

Sarcasman
10-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Agree. They played like crap. The 4th quarter playcalling was horrendous and they won.

I'll take it.

ReiRiza
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Lol who cares...if we win lmao. People on here are funny. Eli could have thrown 1000 passes and 20 interceptions..if we win. I'm good

Diamondring
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Giants still won tgame and Eli still had over 300 yards.

titwio
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I agree it was disgusting. The Giants shot themselves in the foot all game. They were lucky to win. The false start on 4inches, Eli missing a wide open Cruz in the endzone, the 2 picks (the second one in horrendous fashion), gaping holes for the Skins RB's, 3rd and 17 and only rushing 3??, etc etc...Seriously I could go on and on.

Like I said, glad they scraped out the win but it was a horrendous effort for the most part. I know exactly how Bradshaw felt when he was steaming on the sidelines. It was pretty gross.

brad
10-21-2012, 05:20 PM
It wasn't exactly the best performance on either side of the ball... but in the end both the offense and defense stepped up to make the plays they needed to make. Great teams aren't just great when things go their way, they are great because they overcome mistakes and pull out a win when they need to. Today, they came together in the end and eked out a win...

Hessian
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
It was a good game, why it can't be left at that is beyond me. We shouldn't feel robbed at all, we won the ****ing game.

Overdrive92
10-21-2012, 05:23 PM
A win is a win is a win.

Amen. I'll take the win.

SweetZombieJesus
10-21-2012, 05:25 PM
It's is like narrowly missing having an accident on the highway. Calm down and eyes ahead

Pksoze
10-21-2012, 05:25 PM
An ugly win with Eli being clutch in the 4th quarter. This felt like a typical Gmen win from 2011. ;)

TheEnigma
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm not terribly disgusted but I'm finding it really hard to be extremely excited after allowing 248 yards on the ground. There's a ton of things we need to do to clean up this team on both sides of the ball before we get to the better teams on our schedule.

ny06
10-21-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm never disgusted after a win. This is the NFL, wins don't come easy. Save your disgust for losses...

Kendo15
10-21-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm going to quote an English soccer manager called Ian Holloway.
He's famous for his after match quotes and this is one he came out with after a particularly unimpressive win.

“To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee.”

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey we won I don't give a crap I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital but if he does that to use again I will be pissed

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:28 PM
i'll tka ethe win, but i didnt like how we played it was very spotty. . but its in the books its a W

Down-lifer
10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
HORRIBLE PLAYCALLING GIVING GRIFFIN A CHANCE TO LOOK LIKE A HERO,,,NOW ON TOP OF ALL THE ***** KISSING OF GRIFFIN THERE WILL BE MORE,,, GRRRRRRYou gotta be kidding me! It's the NFL! You disgusted me!

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 05:30 PM
HORRIBLE PLAYCALLING GIVING GRIFFIN A CHANCE TO LOOK LIKE A HERO,,,NOW ON TOP OF ALL THE ***** KISSING OF GRIFFIN THERE WILL BE MORE,,, GRRRRRRI was unhappy with the play of Eli and our run defense...Gilbride didn't make Eli throw the second INT...Eli was bad today. Play-calls were fine...defensively I am not sure what Fewell is doing with our Defense...emasculating to say the least

Cindy in INdy
10-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Amen. I'll take the win.

i'll take it but agree, the play calling has always been my beef. Not a fan of Gilbride.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I'M SO MAD..WE ARE 5-2..GOD.

Cindy in INdy
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Hey we won I don't give a crap I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital but if he does that to use again I will be pissed
AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME ROOM WITH YOU.....NO LIVE FEED UNTIL 3 MINS LEFT

;

Giantterp
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I hate these threads. This was a GREAT win. Only GOOD teams win when they are not playing well. It's impossible in today's NFL to play at a high level each week. It's only a problem if this happens regularly. I am more than fine with rooting for a team that wins a few ugly games a year.

OrangeGiant
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
But was there any doubt when the Giants got the ball with under 2 min left that they were going to score? Eli is amazing, as he was off on a lot of passes today and just didn't seem like himself, but in the end he makes a prefect throw to Cruz. Nothing surprises me anymore with this team. They found a way to win and that is all that matters.

titwio
10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I hate these threads. This was a GREAT win. Only GOOD teams win when they are not playing well. It's impossible in today's NFL to play at a high level each week. It's only a problem if this happens regularly. I am more than fine with rooting for a team that wins a few ugly games a year.

People need a place to vent their frustrations...No one is upset with the outcome I'm sure (We're all happy they won) but there were a lot of blunders in that game that need to be addressed...especially coming off a game like they did against the 49ers on the road. I was just irked by the amount of times the Giants gave the Skins opportunities. It made the game un-enjoyable..I like to watch good games and if they lose I feel fine about it but that game, for three quarters was not very pleasant for me...at all.

GiantRoc
10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm not a Gilbride fan or hater. We have an explosive offense and can really light up the scoreboard. If he really was that bad, that wouldn't be the case. I think when a lot of us look at this game again, we will see a lot of those plays were there. Eli had an off day. I think we can agree on that. I'm just glad his bad days are as good as most QB's good days. Our run game got stuffed and Eli took what was given. (or tried to). I think the Defensive struggles made the game worse looking. It was nice to see Fewell make adjustments at the half. D was a lot tougher in the second half. Redskins have a hell of an Offense and we held them under their scoring avg. If the O was on I think we win it with ease. We won the game and we can learn and improve. How about a freakin smile guys.

jonnyhaze
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm glad the Giants didn't win in a blowout.
At least we all get to moan and groan coming off a win.
I don't want the players and coaches feeling too good about themselves heading into the Dallas game next week.
I hope all week the papers talk about how awful our run defense is.

Parademon
10-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Some times, great teams are gonna play ugly. The main thing is..do they lose their composure or do they continue to grind it out every play & find a way to win that ugly game. The Giants brought their B game today & still managed to pull out the win & in the end, a win is all that matters to me.

Giants are not gonna win every game by 20 & play flawless football every week people. Cowboys struggled to beat a 1-5 Carolina team today by 6 pts people. I bet the Boys fans are estatic & will take it.

We played a much better Skins team today & didn't play our best & still won. We're 5-2 & in 1st place, Since losing the opener, we are 5-1 & should have won the Eagles game. I'm going to the game next week since I live here in San Antonio, Tx & I am stoked to see our team hopefully stomp the Boys next week!

zimonami
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm not terribly disgusted but I'm finding it really hard to be extremely excited after allowing 248 yards on the ground. There's a ton of things we need to do to clean up this team on both sides of the ball before we get to the better teams on our schedule.
The team we played last week in San Francisco wasn't a good team?
Didn't we play great and kick the crap out of them?
Yes, we got lucky to have a chance to win today with all the mistakes we made, and poor play calling.
But, we forced them to make more mistakes than us.
It's a win... that's all that matters.
Don't ask 'How'... just How many.
They don't take the W away just cuz it was fugly

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
the Giants didnt know what they had to do with RG3. they can game plan all they want with this guy but the Giants are sure if any of that stuff will work!

what did work was the Giants adjusted at half time and the 1st goal was to stop Morris and they did for the most part!

they played RG3 as well as anyone else and came away with the win!

if Eli had been on his game the score wouldve been much wider!

DJloves
10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
We really need to relax. Where are all the posters who were saying this would be a tough, close divisional game? Now that it was, and we won, everyone is upset??

We didn't play great. Lord knows my blood pressure rose to new heights. Eli was off, the defense was downright terrible against the run.... but we won. And I don't think it's "luck" if it's OUR mistakes that almost cost us the game.

bill2000
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
A win is a win and I'll take it ugly or not. Other winners today...the curse jar and my pharmacist.

jaygoon
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
a win is a win is a win is a win. Nobody cares how many yards RG3 had, nobody cares if Gilbride called a bad game, nobody cares that Eli threw 2 picks, nobody cares that we allowed over 200 yards rushing. We won. Thats it.

Now onto Dallas against the Cow******s!

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
HORRIBLE PLAYCALLING GIVING GRIFFIN A CHANCE TO LOOK LIKE A HERO,,,NOW ON TOP OF ALL THE ***** KISSING OF GRIFFIN THERE WILL BE MORE,,, GRRRRRR

RG III is a damn good player. I had never seen him play before but he is impressive and allows them to run plays we'd never consider. As for your being disgusted, when we get to the playoffs it's going to be in the "W" column. No asterisks, no looking back, no giving a ****.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 07:48 PM
We really need to relax. Where are all the posters who were saying this would be a tough, close divisional game? Now that it was, and we won, everyone is upset??

We didn't play great. Lord knows my blood pressure rose to new heights. Eli was off, the defense was downright terrible against the run.... but we won. And I don't think it's "luck" if it's OUR mistakes that almost cost us the game. you are correct, but its probably the posters who thought we would blow them out

miked1958
10-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Some times, great teams are gonna play ugly. The main thing is..do they lose their composure or do they continue to grind it out every play & find a way to win that ugly game. The Giants brought their B game today & still managed to pull out the win & in the end, a win is all that matters to me.Giants are not gonna win every game by 20 & play flawless football every week people. Cowboys struggled to beat a 1-5 Carolina team today by 6 pts people. I bet the Boys fans are estatic & will take it.We played a much better Skins team today & didn't play our best & still won. We're 5-2 & in 1st place, Since losing the opener, we are 5-1 & should have won the Eagles game. I'm going to the game next week since I live here in San Antonio, Tx & I am stoked to see our team hopefully stomp the Boys next week!yea, it's funny how last season when the giants lost 5/6 the media jumped all over it with tons of coverage on it and such. Now we win 5/6 since Dallas loss and its like it never happened. I heard one report that said the giants quietly won their 5th in 6th games???? Quietly?? We blew out Carolina, Cleveland and SF. We also made a crazy 4th Quarter comeback to beat TB and outlasted RG3. How's That quiet? And like you said we gave that game away to the eagles or we'd be 6-0 since the opener

Tbonenc
10-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Definitely a letdown after last week. As we all know, we tend to play to the level of our opponent.
Eli was out of it for the most part. I have no idea what CWeb was doing out there, but he was terrible. Fewell either had a terrible game plan of the defense didn't execute at all.
All this, and we still won the game!

CowboysSuck
10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
I'll take the win. anyday over a "pretty" last minute loss type game. in the NFL a win is a win. and you dont win unless you outplay the other team. period. end of story.

brad
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
There will be days where things seem to work against you, where plays that normally would be made just aren't. When that happens to good teams, they generally lose. When that happens to great teams, they find a way to win. Just a week ago the Giants beat one of the best teams in the NFL in every facet of the game, it was complete domination. This week, they came out against a team that matches up well and knows their tendencies as well as anyone possibly can. That was bad enough, but they also came out flat, making mistakes they shouldn't be making, and yet... they still won.

For some, this is a bad thing, to me this was a positive. Sure you can point at the mistakes... and there was plenty to point at, but ultimately what matters is that they overcame them, and they won.

Morehead State
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
You guys know that the other team is trying too. The Skins played well on offense. Eli had a bad day, the D line struggled but thats the NFL. Not too surprising coming off an emotional win last week.

But the point is that we won a hard fought divisional game against a tough team. RGIII can flat play. They will be a thorn in the entire division's side all season. Don't expect them to fall at all. they should be in contention until the end.

Ultimately we won the game by making the play we needed to make. There are no good losses or bad wins in the NFL. Only 16 games.
It was a good day to be a Giants fan because we won.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
a win is a win is a win. this is the way the giants have always been. I have lost probably 10 years of my life watching them, but it's worth every minute,,win or lose.

zimonami
10-21-2012, 11:52 PM
You guys know that the other team is trying too. The Skins played well on offense. Eli had a bad day, the D line struggled but thats the NFL. Not too surprising coming off an emotional win last week.

But the point is that we won a hard fought divisional game against a tough team. RGIII can flat play. They will be a thorn in the entire division's side all season. Don't expect them to fall at all. they should be in contention until the end.

Ultimately we won the game by making the play we needed to make. There are no good losses or bad wins in the NFL. Only 16 games.
It was a good day to be a Giants fan because we won.
Right... they'll be right there. They looked better losing to us than Dallas or Philly did beating us. They can definitely beat both of them. That Morris has pistons that don't give up easy. RG3 is a presence. Their O and D lines played well. This is no fluke team.

JB456
10-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I was unhappy with the play of Eli and our run defense...Gilbride didn't make Eli throw the second INT...Eli was bad today. Play-calls were fine...defensively I am not sure what Fewell is doing with our Defense...emasculating to say the least

You half right. Eli was bad and recovered with that 80 yard TD but how can you say the playcalling was good? It was clear from the beginning of the game that Eli was off yet we air it out 75% of the time. I sorry man, playcalling was terrible.

Manning
10-22-2012, 12:05 AM
You half right. Eli was bad and recovered with that 80 yard TD but how can you say the playcalling was good? It was clear from the beginning of the game that Eli was off yet we air it out 75% of the time. I sorry man, playcalling was terrible.
Clear eli was off at beginning of game? BS that people are spouting off. eli started off with 6 straight completions and had one bad throw to Cruz in the endzone in the first half. The picks were bad, the 2nd one especially, but to say Eli was off at beginning and they should have just ran the ball for that reason is exactly the reason none of you are coaches.

xitvp
10-22-2012, 12:09 AM

We couldn't run the ball today. When you can't run, you're going to have to pass it 75% of the time. We are a passing a team. That's just how we are built. I personally loved the aggressive play calling toward the end of the game. Washington was expecting us to run, so we tried to catch them off guard. We just didn't execute. Had we executed, everyone would be saying Gilbride was a genius. I know it wasn't pretty, but it was a good win against a division rival. I feel great about it and I'm feeling really good about this team.

LoveRack
10-22-2012, 12:43 AM
i always take a win anytime,, wasnt asking for a blowout,, but how about taking control of the game and finishing with the lead its like they had there foot on there neck and let them get back up,, if not for the bomb to cruz who knows,, but just like to see them finish clean,, this happens to often with gilbride and manning possibly audibling out of run plays and passing,, 3rd n 1 why throw 15 yards down feild?? get the first down and keep the clock moving and finish the game,,,,, just how i feel,,,, dont mean to piss off anyone

Antwuan
10-22-2012, 01:19 AM
It wasn't pretty but a win is a win and I will take it.

byron
10-22-2012, 01:37 AM
amazing how winning can suck so bad for some.....I'll take wins any way they come on to Dallas ...lets hope if we play ****ty next week we win again

GiantGremlin
10-22-2012, 01:41 AM
We couldn't run the ball today. When you can't run, you're going to have to pass it 75% of the time. We are a passing a team. That's just how we are built. I personally loved the aggressive play calling toward the end of the game. Washington was expecting us to run, so we tried to catch them off guard. We just didn't execute. Had we executed, everyone would be saying Gilbride was a genius. I know it wasn't pretty, but it was a good win against a division rival. I feel great about it and I'm feeling really good about this team.

I disagree - agressive playcalling is good when the circumstances are right, but when have the lead w/7 min left in the 4th quarter, and you want to run time off the clock than you have to go with the most logical option. Passing on ist down on back to back drives is not one of them, and are low percentage plays. Calling a tough back shoulder pass when it's 3rd & 1 when you still have the lead w/just over 3 min left in the game is also low perctange. You have to have faith in Bradshaw in those situations, anyways the Giants won, and I'm happy so it doesn't matter, but Gilbride will never be a genius in my book no matter how things turn out.

titwio
10-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Clear eli was off at beginning of game? BS that people are spouting off. eli started off with 6 straight completions and had one bad throw to Cruz in the endzone in the first half. The picks were bad, the 2nd one especially, but to say Eli was off at beginning and they should have just ran the ball for that reason is exactly the reason none of you are coaches.

He made completions but he was missing guys pretty bad. He had Cruz open on a deep ball also that he over threw by about fifteen yards, missed Hakeem on a sideline route on 3rd down, one to Hixon...I don't think people are spouting off. I think people are just accustomed to seeing Eli make those throws.

Glad he made the play when it counted but he definitely was missing routine throws today.

miked1958
10-22-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm never disgusted after a win. This is the NFL, wins don't come easy. Save your disgust for losses...yes like the eagles game. Only difference is we were ale to pull this one out

miked1958
10-22-2012, 02:13 AM
But as bad as we performed in both our losses we had the ball at the end with a chance to win or tie. That's saying something! 7 games played and we were in each and everyone of them. How many teams can say that

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 02:19 AM
I enjoyed every bit of that game. Yeah we made some mistakes but I haven't had that much fun watching football in a longtime. I didn't record the game... how was the crowd noise on tv?

Harooni
10-22-2012, 02:34 AM
I enjoyed every bit of that game. Yeah we made some mistakes but I haven't had that much fun watching football in a longtime. I didn't record the game... how was the crowd noise on tv? i thought it was a hell of a game, i think the fans that thought we would blow them out got a bit shell shocked is all. im happy we got it and i knew it wouldnt be easy as they swept us last season without rg3

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 02:44 AM
i thought it was a hell of a game, i think the fans that thought we would blow them out got a bit shell shocked is all. im happy we got it and i knew it wouldnt be easy as they swept us last season without rg3I told em that RG3 was gonna stun em with his poise. He's definitely better than Cam and when the Skins get their defensive players back next yr and a few more pieces they're gonna be a scary team to play. I expect them to knock off one of our division foes this year. I could be wrong but they're playing this well without their number one receiver.

Harooni
10-22-2012, 02:46 AM
I told em that RG3 was gonna stun em with his poise. He's definitely better than Cam and when the Skins get their defensive players back next yr and a few more pieces they're gonna be a scary team to play. I expect them to knock off one of our division foes this year. I could be wrong but they're playing this well without their number one receiver. yeah i was really surprised rg3 would play this well behind that line also. they get sa better line he will be the next warren moon.

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Plenty to work on in all facets of the game. Better to be doing that off of a win.