PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not worried- we play at the level of our competition

WMBG
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
When we play the Pack, 49ers, Cowboys, and Pats, we bring our A game. We are always competitive and give ourselves a chance to win.

We play teams that we are supposed to steamroll, we take them lightly and are let down. Nothing new.

Now, the good news is that we're in playoff mode. We have to win to get in, and all the teams we're playing here on out are quality opponents. We have a sense of urgency, and that is EXACTLY what this team needs to win.
Now, I'm not saying that we'll win the superbowl or anything, but we'll come to play from here on out, and be damn scary for anyone in our way.

Go Giants!

plc
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Go Big Blue

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I have no faith in this team. I can not see them winning two games in a row with this defense.

Gianthunter
12-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Can you be my Sam Hurd and hook me up with some of that **** ya got?

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 09:32 PM
U just described : Mediocrity

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 09:34 PM
GO Jets and GO 5 Time SB Champs Cowboys win the Div !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darrellgreen28
12-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Play "down" to your competition like you are some superior team that can make that claim. You've been outscored 51-24 in two games versus the Redskins. Play down to that.

Now win the freakin' division so the Cowboys are left out of the playoffs.

WMBG
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
U just described : Mediocrity

inconsistent is not equivalent to mediocrity. if we get hot we're as good as it gets- great offense and an explosive pass rush that can frighten even Rodgers and Brady- but we can also come out flat. No, we're not elite because we don't "dominate" like new orleans and green bay, but we're damn dangerous.

Its not as if teams with 9-7 records never win play-off games. The playoffs are a whole new beast. Tou can absolutely not be the most complete team in the league when all that matters is getting hot for a stretch of 4 games. Green Bay last year wasn't a juggernaut on D, but they got rolling and that's how they won.

I hate to liken us to a team like GB, but despite our flaws, anything is possible. I doubt Coughlin and co. are crying their eyes out and figuring which players to cut. They're toughening up and looking at the next few games to get on a roll. Anything can happen with a team that is as mercurial as ours.

DEgiants89
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
When we play the Pack, 49ers, Cowboys, and Pats, we bring our A game. We are always competitive and give ourselves a chance to win.

We play teams that we are supposed to steamroll, we take them lightly and are let down. Nothing new.

Now, the good news is that we're in playoff mode. We have to win to get in, and all the teams we're playing here on out are quality opponents. We have a sense of urgency, and that is EXACTLY what this team needs to win.
Now, I'm not saying that we'll win the superbowl or anything, but we'll come to play from here on out, and be damn scary for anyone in our way.

Go Giants!

haha if only! I hope not though because the jets are just as streaky as us and who knows about dallas, hopefully we dont get in a trap game.

Roger Staub
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Thank you redskins thank you this time around, the Giants as usual played their superbowl last week but today 12 o'colck came and back to reality impostors

Firenugget
12-19-2011, 06:49 AM
"<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">we play at the level of our competition"</h4>

</p>

You say that like it's a good thing. It isn't. It's a huge problem and always has been. Not to mention pretty arrogant to say. Why is it that "we" play "up" to our competition? Ever think that maybe (for example) the Packers played "down" to "our" level?</p>

This team is a freakin JOKE.
</p>