PDA

View Full Version : RGIII IS GOING TO WIN THE REDSKINS A SUPERBOWL OR TWO IN THE NEXT DECADE.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-21-2012, 04:14 PM
This guy is no Michael Vick or Cam Newton. This guy can throw the ball with the best of them. And that running scheme is virtually unstoppable. They gave us a ton of breaks today with those stupid turnovers that we gave back some, but regardless. I can tell this guy is going to be a nightmare for the next decade or more and good for him, good kid. Good game today. Closer than I thought but all credit to the Redkins. Thank goodness for Victor Cruz. These are the games we need to win, when we play like garbage and still win. First bad game I've seen Eli have in a long while.

Toadofsteel
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Honestly, if RG3 won a super bowl or two, it woudln't really phase me that much. The guy is the real deal, for sure...

brad
He is good and has an incredibly quick release... I will be shocked if he doesn't bring them a ring at some point.

TheEnigma
He certainly has the ability to be a great QB in this league but plenty of them have never won SBs. If anything, RG3 is going to influence the type of players we draft on defense now.

Sarcasman
10-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes, he's better than Vick (which is not a compliment) and he's better than Cam (which is damning him with faint praise). He's very good, but go easy on the RGIII love. The NFL propaganda machine churns out a sickening amount of that already.

They love players with cool hair.

bebil10
10-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Im sorry you don't win superbowls with qbs who require gimmick systems, he played well but in a gimmick 3 back system.

TroyArcher
10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
If he cointinues to run the ball he wont make it through the season. He would be wise to stay as a pocket passer and run only when absolutely necessary. Scramblings QB's don't stay healthy in the NFL.

Toadofsteel
10-21-2012, 04:21 PM
If he cointinues to run the ball he wont make it through the season. He would be wise to stay as a pocket passer and run only when absolutely necessary. Scramblings QB's don't stay healthy in the NFL.

If he had some half-decent (and healthy) receivers, he could easily be a pocket passer. Garcon and santana are their only real WR threats.

The only thing helping our cause in that department is that the Skins gave up their first rounder for the next 2 years for this...

Harooni
10-21-2012, 04:21 PM
He is much more than a scrammbling qb, wow it was impressive how he handled his first div game away.

TheEnigma
10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd say he did enough for his team to win a game on the road against the defending SB champs. Not his fault that he has one of the worst secondaries on his team.

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I won't go that far but he is good that is all I will say

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 04:25 PM
He's a nightmare but so was Eli.........worst game I've seen him have in a long long time

BROADWAYSTORM
10-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I agree that he won't last by running a lot, but when he gets a better supporting cast he won't have to. And the fact he is a threat will help them, specially since they run the ball so effectively. Also, he can pass, he is precise. Great arm with touch and accuracy. When he learns to put it where receivers can only catch it, which is a skill acquired with a lot of mileage, man I'm telling you. I've never seen a kid this talented.

ELIteManning
10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Im sorry you don't win superbowls with qbs who require gimmick systems, he played well but in a gimmick 3 back system.

I would have to agree with you here. He definitely has a ton of talent and no one can take that away from him. However his style of play to me seems more like a QB who will win a lot of games and certainly be on the good end of a lot of upsets around the league. However, this style of play is just not kind when it comes to being consistent and being able to put together a run of big wins after big wins against the best teams in the league to win the bowl. Just how I see it.

Redeyejedi
10-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I still think his frame will get him in trouble by the end of the year.I also think Defenses will adjust to the Skins Offense eventually

PETEY006
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
well i certainly hope not.

I think RG3 will be a probowler but i think we can figure this offense out. Look at Geno Smith last night against K-State...

joeybagadonutz23
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
This league is all about adjustments. They will be made. RGIII is benefitting from misdirection, trick plays and forcing the defense to cover the whole field.

Regardless, Super Bowls are won with defense and clutch players like Eli Manning. RGIII hasn't done anything close. Good player, but...
1. He needs a defense
2. He needs to prove that he can come from behind and win
3. He needs to beat a team that can stop the run consistently with his arm alone.

Then I'll believe that he can deliver a ring. Until then- Eli is still the best QB in the NFC East.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 04:36 PM
I think i would trade Eli for RG3. but it would be tough losing eli's cool attitude during 2min drills. Eli already being 32 and all.

joeybagadonutz23
10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I think i would trade Eli for RG3. but it would be tough losing eli's cool attitude during 2min drills. Eli already being 32 and all.
You're nuts.

TroyArcher
10-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Of course you would. Nomination for dumbest post of the year.

SweetZombieJesus
10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Definitely a special player and decent decision maker. Very impressive play out of the gate, no ordinary Rookie QB. But damn he licks those lips more than Gary Del'abooey.

warpath
10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
This league is all about adjustments. They will be made. RGIII is benefitting from misdirection, trick plays and forcing the defense to cover the whole field.

Regardless, Super Bowls are won with defense and clutch players like Eli Manning. RGIII hasn't done anything close. Good player, but...
1. He needs a defense
3. He needs to beat a team that can stop the run consistently with his arm alone.

Then I'll believe that he can deliver a ring. Until then- Eli is still the best QB in the NFC East.

Obviously, its a small sample size but RG3 had already done many of the things you listed.

1,) RG3 already has led his team to comeback win(s)

2.)RG beat the Bucs with his arm alone and at the time thier D was ranked #1 against the run I believe.

Nonetheless I agree with your overall point.

TroyArcher
10-21-2012, 04:42 PM
This guy is no Michael Vick or Cam Newton. This guy can throw the ball with the best of them. And that running scheme is virtually unstoppable. They gave us a ton of breaks today with those stupid turnovers that we gave back some, but regardless. I can tell this guy is going to be a nightmare for the next decade or more and good for him, good kid. Good game today. Closer than I thought but all credit to the Redkins. Thank goodness for Victor Cruz. These are the games we need to win, when we play like garbage and still win. First bad game I've seen Eli have in a long while.

Heard the same about Cam Newton, and Michael Vick and Donovan McNab and Randall Cunningham... Should I go on?

DLT
10-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Skins fan here and I disagree about the Offense. We wont need it all the time when healthy. When we had Garcon, we hardly did any of it. Now we are without him & Davis. We ran alot of base Offense against NO & TB. Thats what we will do more when healthy

barran21
10-21-2012, 04:44 PM
He can't do it by himself, if the Skins don't draft well RG3 will be like Dan Marino...

DLT
10-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Thats also 7 games we played. Again, at the end of the day you are what your record says you are but people dont realize we had the lead in 6 of those games and was tied with Cincy in the other game. Our D just folds like lawn chairs at the end and we make some dumb mistakes on O like the Josh Morgan play against the Rams

ny06
10-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Win a super bowl after 7 games in the league? Oh brother...

ALLnygIN
10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
the redskins will evolve that offense aroudn him.. and when they get a few missing pieces they will be very, very dangerous.

Hessian
10-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Only if you scream the title of every thread you create. The kid is pretty good ;)

stormblue
10-21-2012, 04:48 PM
they gave us that game.....we never stopped him.
our linebackers suck.
and today Eli sucked.

but RG III is the real deal , he can throw just as good as he can run.
he had me screamin' at our pathetic defense.
he's not a head case like vince young or cam newton.
he is gonna aggravate us for years to come like Cunningham
and Mcnabb did.

BlueReign
10-21-2012, 04:49 PM
RG3 is the real deal. He's a class act too.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not saying RG3 is better than Eli or that he will win the superbowls by himself. Ok it does kind of seem like that but what I mean is you can't take these chumps lightly anymore. They are now going to be our top competetion in the division when you consider the state of the qbs of the other two.

rtlax
10-21-2012, 04:53 PM
It is hard to make any proclamations about a player after so few games. Cam put up huge numbers as a rookie and has hit a wall year 2. It is a whole different ballgame when the opposition has a years worth of tape on you and know your tendencies. I think the kid is great but lets see how he does year 2 before we start awarding Lombardi Trophies.

Ruttiger711
10-21-2012, 04:54 PM
He will no doubt give them the best chance they've had in forever, but some of the best never won the big one.

Hessian
10-21-2012, 04:58 PM
You're nuts.
No he's Harooni. Anyone who has time to make 50,000 plus posts is insane, or just just chimes in with one syllable posts to up his count. Either way he's a jerk off.

Gimaniac
10-21-2012, 05:00 PM
RG3 looked great, but teams will figure out that offense. College ball has been tried before, but ultimately you end up with an injured QB.

Parademon
10-21-2012, 05:01 PM

1. He needs a defense

This in a nutshell! Especially #2 & #3
Eli has proven he can do all 3 time & time again.

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
RG3 is a good player and will be tough to beat in the future; however his style is no different than Vicks or Cams.

defenses are gonna figure out what and how to defense him and he'll be the same as those other guy!

not only that he takes hard hits as well the same as Vick and Cam. those hits wear down a player.....look at Vick hes slowly regressed!

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
why is it dumb, RG3 has many years left ahead of him. Eli is already 32

YATittle1962
10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
that running scheme and the personnel running it are pretty outstanding

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
This guy is no Michael Vick or Cam Newton. This guy can throw the ball with the best of them. And that running scheme is virtually unstoppable. They gave us a ton of breaks today with those stupid turnovers that we gave back some, but regardless. I can tell this guy is going to be a nightmare for the next decade or more and good for him, good kid. Good game today. Closer than I thought but all credit to the Redkins. Thank goodness for Victor Cruz. These are the games we need to win, when we play like garbage and still win. First bad game I've seen Eli have in a long while.While RG looks solid, I will not say that he will be great or bad just yet. Was not impressed with their offense as its mostly a trickery style offense. Doubt it will work longer than a season. Look how our defense adjusted by the second half. And vick i have always considered a playmaker not a QB, Cam I think has a chance to be a very good qb, and RG is still yet to be determined imho.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-21-2012, 05:08 PM

Who is the babe on your avatar?

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Who is the babe on your avatar? he is a male model

BROADWAYSTORM
10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
he is a male model

Go punk your mom if you have one Harooni. You are what happens when they allow internet access out of Bellevue.
Now back to football.

Redeyejedi
10-21-2012, 06:02 PM
He can't do it by himself, if the Skins don't draft well RG3 will be like Dan Marino...They traded 4 high picks for him

StrahanTheMan
10-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Four years from now he will be overweight, injury prone, overpaid, and doing Chunky Soup commercials.

StrahanTheMan
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Four years from now he will be overweight, injury prone, overpaid, and doing Chunky Soup commercials.

Not hating on the Chunky, you go Cruz - just sayin.

Bluetooss
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Except that pretty much every time he had to make a read, he made a bad throw... Once teams learn how to deal with that option, he's gonna need to learn how to throw the ball when his first option isn't wide open. He's obviously a scary good athlete though.

Evo'Ed
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Right now the Skins are running this psuedo option offense to maximize RG3's skills.

When the kid gets more mature and experienced in a pro offense, they should ditch that option stuff; way too many risks of big hits on a QB.

The kid is already a good passer by NFL standards and is world's better than Vick (passing ability) at equal points in their careers.

The NFL hype machine is already strong on this kid but RG3 will be giving us fits for the next several years.

thegiantsrule10
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I think washington will make the postseason in 2 years.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Go punk your mom if you have one Harooni. You are what happens when they allow internet access out of Bellevue.
Now back to football.

wow that was rude, it was a joke

Medisleman
10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
He will get hurt long before he wins a SB. He isn't going to be like this for long. Look at Cam Newton. RGIII is playing like Newton did last year. Now Newton is doing terribly. The league will figure him and this offense out. There is only one proven way to win a SB, and that has never changed, with a pocket passer who can make pass after pass if needed.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
They have a good young offensive team. However, they also have a front office building a strong tradition of screwing up their team. I will not assume that because they have talent now, it will translate into championships in the future.

While I think RG3 has all the talent in the world, I still want to see him play a full season or 2. He is such a small framed guy I cant help but think he is going to be fragile.

giants-_-
10-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Now back to football.

Some one is in the closet

flimflam
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
He's impressive but this is his 7th NFL game. QBs don't win Super Bowls, teams do. Plus, with all of his scrambling and running around, he will be more turnover prone, like we saw today.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Some one is in the closet yeah lol he kinda over reacted to that joke.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah in the closet, but regardless, they still need to recommit Harooni. Go read Tiki's take, nobody wants you here.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah in the closet, but regardless, they still need to recommit Harooni. Go read Tiki's take, nobody wants you here.

Harooni's 1 liners provide enormous comedic presence on the boards.

Your comments to him are out of line. Personally insulting a guy who has been a constant poster for almost a decade longer than you is prolly not the way to begin your young posting career. But, thats just my opinion.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM

That's a mighty big stick you're swinging. I'll thank you not to include ME in your "nobody".

What the hell has you so bent?

appodictic
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
If they can suround him with more weapons they have a chance. There go to guy is Moss and he is not going to be able to produce at a high level.

enforcer_upu
10-21-2012, 07:53 PM

1. He needs a defense

1. Absolutely. A half-way decent defense and the Skins are 5-2 at least.
2. He hasn't already? He put them in position to kick the winning FG against the Rams before Josh Morgan threw the football at Finnegan and took them away. He did it against Cincy before Kyle Shanahan got a 15-yard penalty for yelling at the refs, again taking them out of FG range. He did against the Bucs and they won. He even did it today against the Giants...going along with your first point of their defense, it wasn't his fault they lost. He brought they back with the (what should have been) winning TD. He's done all of this in his first 7 games in the NFL.
3. He has a +70% completion percentage and almost 230 passing YPG despite his running ability and has thrown for 300+ yards twice already this season.

Eli is the best QB in the division right now because of all he has proven over his career, but let's not pretend that RGIII hasn't already proven a lot.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Harooni's 1 liners provide enormous comedic presence on the boards.

Your comments to him are out of line. Personally insulting a guy who has been a constant poster for almost a decade longer than you is prolly not the way to begin your young posting career. But, thats just my opinion.
cheers santa and fbomb, man who peed in that guys pool??? i really thought it was obvious small running joke. mostly at my expense

FBomb
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I think he's a metro-phobe:)

Harooni
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I think he's a metro-phobe:) i think he is an old poster that hated me back when Eli would struggle

miked1958
10-21-2012, 08:21 PM
why is it dumb, RG3 has many years left ahead of him. Eli is already 32yep RG3 will be running the NFCE long after Eli retires.. Skins were horrible for yrs but it has finally paid off in spades. If they can keep him healthy he gives them a great chance to get back to the promised land

gmenfan0488
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
RG3's definitely the real deal.

DaKraken
10-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I was at the game and came away impressed. He showed a lot of poise being a rookie, and has far more skill throwing besides just being a phenomenal athlete who can run and escape.

Leading them to the promised land will take more however, and depend on getting some guys around him, his health, and some maturity. It's never a certainty, but Skins fans have to be happy to have the QB position set for a while.

GMENAGAIN
10-21-2012, 09:17 PM
I was at the game and came away impressed. He showed a lot of poise being a rookie, and has far more skill throwing besides just being a phenomenal athlete who can run and escape.

Leading them to the promised land will take more however, and depend on getting some guys around him, his health, and some maturity. It's never a certainty, but Skins fans have to be happy to have the QB position set for a while.

I was at the game too . . . . the guy is very difficult to contain and can actually throw. I am not looking forward to facing him twice a year . . . . .

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
do u guys not see what newton looks like and how he's doing?
rg3 is a tremendous talent, but shannahan is doing him a disservice. luck came into indy and is practically running the offense peyton ran. this spread option offense is a gimmick predicated on rg3's ability to run. i get why shannahan is using that scheme from baylor tho, bc it gives them the best shot at winning right now. but teams will figure out the spread option. aside from a few plays, we made it look much less effective the 2nd half.

put rg3 in an nfl offense, let him make his mistakes so he can learn from them. thats how all the greats got to being great. coddling him with this 1 read, spread option bs wont help improve him as an nfl pocket passer. i actually am impressed with his potential. i hadnt seen him make some of the throws he made today.
but again, lets not crown him until we can see if he can read a defense presnap, throw into tight windows with anticipation, etc...bc faking a handoff and throwing to a slant isnt exactly a legit nfl offense imho.

that said, he had a good game. he made a few plays that an nfl pocket passer needs to make, and he also made some mistakes that come from not reading the d/feeling the pressure. washington may be the 2nd best team in the division imho.

The_ One
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
He certainly has the ability to be a great QB in this league but plenty of them have never won SBs. If anything, RG3 is going to influence the type of players we draft on defense now.In regards to the draft and drafting players to defend this kid, we will not be the only ones.

jomo
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
This guy is no Michael Vick or Cam Newton. This guy can throw the ball with the best of them. And that running scheme is virtually unstoppable. They gave us a ton of breaks today with those stupid turnovers that we gave back some, but regardless. I can tell this guy is going to be a nightmare for the next decade or more and good for him, good kid. Good game today. Closer than I thought but all credit to the Redkins. Thank goodness for Victor Cruz. These are the games we need to win, when we play like garbage and still win. First bad game I've seen Eli have in a long while.You are sounding like a Skins fan my friend. "They gave us a ton of breaks with those stupid turnovers?" So you are saying that those were giveaways, not takeaways. OK, nice talking talking to you Mr. Snyder.

You sound like the poster on this site last week who said that David Wilson is heading to the Hall of Fame. Your guy RGIII is currently 3-4 for his career. He certainly is a talented athlete but winning Super Bowls takes much more than that including a special supporting cast. So may I suggest that you tone it down about 6 or 8 notches?

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 09:26 PM
rg3 is a tremendous talent, but shannahan is doing him a disservice. luck came into indy and is practically running the offense peyton ran. this spread option offense is a gimmick predicated on rg3's ability to run. i get why shannahan is using that scheme from baylor tho, bc it gives them the best shot at winning right now. but teams will figure out the spread option. aside from a few plays, we made it look much less effective the 2nd half.

put rg3 in an nfl offense, let him make his mistakes so he can learn from them. thats how all the greats got to being great. coddling him with this 1 read, spread option bs wont help improve him as an nfl pocket passer. i actually am impressed with his potential. i hadnt seen him make some of the throws he made today.
but again, lets not crown him until we can see if he can read a defense presnap, throw into tight windows with anticipation, etc...bc faking a handoff and throwing to a slant isnt exactly a legit nfl offense imho.

that said, he had a good game. he made a few plays that an nfl pocket passer needs to make, and he also made some mistakes that come from not reading the d/feeling the pressure. washington may be the 2nd best team in the division imho.Not to mention too that Morris really helped RG3 out today. Well said.

Moke
10-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Guarantee he never wins a SB.

Sundown
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Whoa pump the brakes, RG3 has been playing well but lets see how it goes once the leagues figures him out; ie see Cam Newton.

CowboysSuck
10-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Give 31 professional NFL teams 16 games of film on him and he wont be as successful. I don't just guarantee it, I'd bet on it.

Cags
10-21-2012, 09:45 PM

Exactly.

I didn't see anything that overly impressed me quarterback wise. No doubt the man is a gifted athlete and has tremendous ball skills in the open field, but right now he's not making any of the really difficult throws he will need later in his career to win a championship. They temper him and keep things overly simple right now, Drop back three steps and throw to the tight end crossing over the middle. Luck will have a better shot at winning a championship then RG 3.

Some of you who say Vick was never as good as RG3, don't remember the early years of Michael Vick, they are clones (expect for the lefty right throwing style)

TheBookOfEli
10-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Guarantee he never wins a SB.

I hope your right but i doubt it. Barring injury he should win at least 1.

giantsforce
10-21-2012, 10:48 PM
This guy is no Michael Vick or Cam Newton. This guy can throw the ball with the best of them. And that running scheme is virtually unstoppable. They gave us a ton of breaks today with those stupid turnovers that we gave back some, but regardless. I can tell this guy is going to be a nightmare for the next decade or more and good for him, good kid. Good game today. Closer than I thought but all credit to the Redkins. Thank goodness for Victor Cruz. These are the games we need to win, when we play like garbage and still win. First bad game I've seen Eli have in a long while.I heard the same things about Cam Newton last year when he was breaking every passing record for a rookie QB. No denying RG3 is a great athlete, but just give it some time and DCs will figure out what schemes to use to stop him. Well most DC's except for Fewell because he still will be rushing 3 on 4th down and 10.

gumby74
10-21-2012, 10:51 PM
i'm cheering for him (except against us) because he seems humble. None of this chest thumping super man ****.

DandyDon
10-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Heard the same about Cam Newton, and Michael Vick and Donovan McNab and Randall Cunningham... Should I go on?

Me too. Just the latest "running QB." QBs who rely on running dont last and rarely stand up to playoff football. If he keeps running like he is now, he gonna get hurt. He's lucky he didnt get more than a concussion a coupla weeks ago.

But he is big and can throw, might be more like a young Big Ben if he learns to stay in the pocket more.

DLT
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM

that said, he had a good game. he made a few plays that an nfl pocket passer needs to make, and he also made some mistakes that come from not reading the d/feeling the pressure. washington may be the 2nd best team in the division imho.I can tell that you arent going to give him his full props no matter what. He's a much better pure passer and way more accurate than Cam & Vick. You keep talking about the conventional offense but look at our weapons. If we had a healthy Garcon then we would be running alot more base stuff. Now Davis is out so thats by far our 2 best Offensive recivers missing most of the year and he's still putting up huge numbers. He will be fine. I dont worry at all about him reading defenses or dropping back in a base set. We didnt hardly run any option stuff agains TB or NO and he lit it up

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM
I can tell that you arent going to give him his full props no matter what. He's a much better pure passer and way more accurate than Cam & Vick. You keep talking about the conventional offense but look at our weapons. If we had a healthy Garcon then we would be running alot more base stuff. Now Davis is out so thats by far our 2 best Offensive recivers missing most of the year and he's still putting up huge numbers. He will be fine. I dont worry at all about him reading defenses or dropping back in a base set. We didnt hardly run any option stuff agains TB or NO and he lit it up
u misunderstood my cam comment. i believe rg3 is more accurate a passer, but my point was that cam was looking like rg3...even better last yr. he threw for 400 yds like the first 4 games lol. cam was amazing last yr...and look at him now.

are u going to tell me the pistol spread offense will win u guys SB? im not trying to take anything away from rg3. im just trying to not buy into the bs hype. if u choose to, thats ur choice.

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 11:43 PM
DLT. and what?????? vs NO, 11 of his 19 completions s NO were that swing pass behind the LOS lmfao...and it was a staple to the spread option. rg3 faked the handoff, and swung it out wide to the WR at the LOS...ELEVEN of his 19 attemts.
today, he threw it downfield 3x. 1 for a td, one incomplete, and one int...everything else was that bs slant...

rg3 may very well be able to run a nfl offense right now, but for whatever reason, shanny is choosing the college offense. maybe he sees some flaws in rg3 that others dont?

DLT
10-22-2012, 12:58 AM
DLT. and what?????? vs NO, 11 of his 19 completions s NO were that swing pass behind the LOS lmfao...and it was a staple to the spread option. rg3 faked the handoff, and swung it out wide to the WR at the LOS...ELEVEN of his 19 attemts.
today, he threw it downfield 3x. 1 for a td, one incomplete, and one int...everything else was that bs slant...

rg3 may very well be able to run a nfl offense right now, but for whatever reason, shanny is choosing the college offense. maybe he sees some flaws in rg3 that others dont?again, I totally disagree with you. You act like you never seen the WC offense before. Have you seen the passes Montana or Young threw? What about90% of Aaron Rodgers passes now. They are all quick strikes on slants and stuff. Its not b.s. Even Brady has games where he throws all passes like that to Welker and so on.

Infact, its probably the hardest thing for a QB to master. You know how hard it is to keep completing all those types of passes on the money with the D all pressed up because they know youre not going deep? You are underestimating that big time. I think that makes him even more amazing. Alot of guys can make simple reads on deep ins and stuff where you only have to complete 50% of your passes and most of it just takes a big arm.

Throwing the ball in a tight window with all these LB's, Safties, and Corners right in the area is hard to do espically when they know its coming quick. Its not about how far you throw it. Its about the accuracy and what you do after the catch. Again, he was like 9.25 in ypa this game and will proabably now be leading the league in it. He gets more ypa than guys who throw all deep passes.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 01:13 AM
again, I totally disagree with you. You act like you never seen the WC offense before. Have you seen the passes Montana or Young threw? What about90% of Aaron Rodgers passes now. They are all quick strikes on slants and stuff. Its not b.s. Even Brady has games where he throws all passes like that to Welker and so on.

Infact, its probably the hardest thing for a QB to master. You know how hard it is to keep completing all those types of passes on the money with the D all pressed up because they know youre not going deep? You are underestimating that big time. I think that makes him even more amazing. Alot of guys can make simple reads on deep ins and stuff where you only have to complete 50% of your passes and most of it just takes a big arm.

Throwing the ball in a tight window with all these LB's, Safties, and Corners right in the area is hard to do espically when they know its coming quick. Its not about how far you throw it. Its about the accuracy and what you do after the catch. Again, he was like 9.25 in ypa this game and will proabably now be leading the league in it. He gets more ypa than guys who throw all deep passes.

well then bc of ur reasoning and post, id say ur disagreement is rooted in illogical processes. like u seem to be genuine when u say its "hard for a qb to master" in reference to throwing a wr screen pass lol. i mean u cant be a moron with it as the qb, but its the easiest throw a qb can make.

dude, u can be content with rg3 as is. im not buying into the hype. all his success is predicated on the pistol spread option offense he ran at baylor. i suspect we put on tape today the ways to counteract it.
now rg3 only had a few of those PA spread option swing passes to the wr, but one of them accounted for a big td gain. rg3 has 5tds and like 3 ints???

his high completion % is predicated on that swing/screen type pass to the wr, and that one play u guys run over n over, the spread option PA slant. its a 1 read offense, rg3 said so himself after the game. when discussing the int he said "i should have thrown it away or run after i saw the target covered."

rg3 may win a sb. he wont if its in this offense. he had some pretty colossal errors stemming from bad sensing the pressure of the DL and readng the defensive coverage.

he could be great, he isnt yet and thats just the truth. and dont even try to say i'd never give him his props, im not like redskins fans and their opinion of eli...rg3 had success i give him credit, that success came from a college spread option offense tho...shanny better let rg3 learn how to read defenses by making the necessary mistakes to learn from otherwise year 2 for rg3 will look like cams year 2

DLT
10-22-2012, 01:19 AM
well then bc of ur reasoning and post, id say ur disagreement is rooted in illogical processes. like u seem to be genuine when u say its "hard for a qb to master" in reference to throwing a wr screen pass lol. i mean u cant be a moron with it as the qb, but its the easiest throw a qb can make.

dude, u can be content with rg3 as is. im not buying into the hype. all his success is predicated on the pistol spread option offense he ran at baylor. i suspect we put on tape today the ways to counteract it.
now rg3 only had a few of those PA spread option swing passes to the wr, but one of them accounted for a big td gain. rg3 has 5tds and like 3 ints???

his high completion % is predicated on that swing/screen type pass to the wr, and that one play u guys run over n over, the spread option PA slant. its a 1 read offense, rg3 said so himself after the game. when discussing the int he said "i should have thrown it away or run after i saw the target covered."

rg3 may win a sb. he wont if its in this offense. he had some pretty colossal errors stemming from bad sensing the pressure of the DL and readng the defensive coverage.

he could be great, he isnt yet and thats just the truth. and dont even try to say i'd never give him his props, im not like redskins fans and their opinion of eli...rg3 had success i give him credit, that success came from a college spread option offense tho...shanny better let rg3 learn how to read defenses by making the necessary mistakes to learn from otherwise year 2 for rg3 will look like cams year 2there you go again. I want you to rewatch all his throws this week and last week and tell me how many screens and swing passses he threw. IDK why you keep saying that. He's not throwing hardly any.

On top of that, if he was throwing all screen passes then why cant anyone stop it? Every team would throw non stop screen passes if it got you 9ypa. He's not throwing them nearly as much as you say. Not even close but we will have to just agree to disagree.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 01:23 AM
RG3 is the real deal. That 4th down play where he scrambled out of the pocket and converted that 1st down was amazing. Many Giant fans won't admit but I will.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 01:24 AM
i said he didnt throw many at all today. and the screen play is so successful bc of THE SPREAD OPTION PA...lmfao like what dont u get. u act like im saying rg3 is bad...do u just want me to say rg3 is the greatest or something?

ALL IM SAYING IS I WANT TO SEE HOW HE LOOKS RUNNING A LEGIT NFL OFFENSE BEFORE I PUT HIM IN CANTON....you should feel the same way too. the spread option RG3 has led u guys to a 3-4 record. last yr u guys started off better lol...rg3 has the potential to be a great, HE HAS TO SHOW HE CAN READ DEFENSES PRESNAP AND MAKE ANTICIPATION THROWS...vick, newton, they looked great until defenses found a weakness to exploit that they couldnt identify...rg3 hasnt been put in the position by shannahan for some reason to not have a standard multiple progression pass read offense, its all one read simple stuff on a slant or 9 route...cmon man u should know better...

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 01:26 AM
that was a helluva 4th down play by rg3. i felt jpp shoulda handled it better. he somehow overruns rg3 at the sideline lol. he should have still forced rg3 out of boounds or up the sideline on a scramble that wouldnt get 10 yds. by going for the sack, which is why i believe he over pursued somehow, rg3 was able to get into a position to throw an accurate pass

rainierjef
10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
I still think his frame will get him in trouble by the end of the year.I also think Defenses will adjust to the Skins Offense eventually

This, i think the giants defense and coordinators had no answer for the option offense which was extremely different than anything we saw in Carolina, I also believe that RG3's speed/ elusiveness was kind of a shell shock to the players all game; i.e. that 4th and 10 dead to rights escape. Once someone exposes it much like the wildcat or the how to contain Vick, teams will be more prepared for them.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 02:27 AM
This, i think the giants defense and coordinators had no answer for the option offense which was extremely different than anything we saw in Carolina, I also believe that RG3's speed/ elusiveness was kind of a shell shock to the players all game; i.e. that 4th and 10 dead to rights escape. Once someone exposes it much like the wildcat or the how to contain Vick, teams will be more prepared for them.You're not actually buying in to all that gimmick mess are you? I think Carolina's problem is more of not having enough pieces than it is the offense. Yeah they're predictable but if their line isn't protecting and opening up holes for the runningbacks and forcing Cam to throw the ball 40 times, they're gonna be easy to contain. Washington's line is doing a good job run blocking and opening lanes for Morris which is making it harder to diagnose what they're doing. Paying too much attention to Griffin can force you to be caught off guard as well.

shockeyisjesus
10-22-2012, 03:57 AM

I wonder how many of your 50,402 posts are as stupid as this one? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably all of them. As a matter of fact, I'm sure of it. Not only did you get his age wrong, you also made one of the dumbest statements in history. RG3 has lead the Redskin to a 3-4 record and sustained a concussion in his first 7 games in the NFL. I'm sure he will manage to match Eli's 2 SB MVP's any day now. Dunce.

rainierjef
10-22-2012, 04:18 AM
I wonder how many of your 50,402 posts are as stupid as this one? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably all of them. As a matter of fact, I'm sure of it. Not only did you get his age wrong, you also made one of the dumbest statements in history. RG3 has lead the Redskin to a 3-4 record and sustained a concussion in his first 7 games in the NFL. I'm sure he will manage to match Eli's 2 SB MVP's any day now. Dunce.

you know you just got harooni-rolled right?

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 04:20 AM
Give the coaches a year to figure out how to defend against him and then we will see. The second thing is can he remain healthy, the problem with mobile QBs is they get hit a ton, and that doesn't do well for life expectancy in the NFL. But you have to admitt he creates some huge issues for any D coordinator.

GMENAGAIN
10-22-2012, 06:47 AM
there you go again. I want you to rewatch all his throws this week and last week and tell me how many screens and swing passses he threw. IDK why you keep saying that. He's not throwing hardly any.

On top of that, if he was throwing all screen passes then why cant anyone stop it? Every team would throw non stop screen passes if it got you 9ypa. He's not throwing them nearly as much as you say. Not even close but we will have to just agree to disagree.

You seem like a reasonable Redskins fan so I'll give you some advice about the poster that you're arguing with. This Nancy will argue with you and then report you to the mods when you school him. That's his MO . . .

GMan-67
10-22-2012, 06:59 AM
we've seen the running aspect from plenty of other QBs

we've seen the play action stuff

but RG3 threw 2 absolutely perfect deep touch passes yesterday, one was dropped and obviously we know the other one to Moss

that's pretty scary

the 2 things working against him will be durability and Daniel Snyder, but i wouldnt even be shocked if they finished 9-7 this year

jomo
10-22-2012, 08:20 AM
we've seen the running aspect from plenty of other QBs

we've seen the play action stuff

but RG3 threw 2 absolutely perfect deep touch passes yesterday, one was dropped and obviously we know the other one to Moss

that's pretty scary

the 2 things working against him will be durability and Daniel Snyder, but i wouldnt even be shocked if they finished 9-7 this yearIt sounds exactly like the praise heaped on Cam Newton last year. The league has figured out his weaknesses and he'll need to adjust to continue building his resume. RG111 will have to deal with the same adjustments to prove he ready to step to the next level.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 08:22 AM
It sounds exactly like the praise heaped on Cam Newton last year. The league has figured out his weaknesses and he'll need to adjust to continue building his resume. RG111 will have to deal with the same adjustments to prove he ready to step to the next level.

Except that everyone thought Cam would eventually melt down (personality wise) and that seems to be happening this year.

RGIII doesn't have that same vibe about him. He has a good head on his shoulders and that's the scariest part.

GameTime
10-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Except that everyone thought Cam would eventually melt down (personality wise) and that seems to be happening this year.

RGIII doesn't have that same vibe about him. He has a good head on his shoulders and that's the scariest part.

I agree....if Newton doesnt get his head together he will be nothing more than highlight reels of what could have been. IMO...he thought he had the NFL figured out. He doesnt and now he has to work hard to get better and more complete.

EddieBlue
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Slow your roll pilgrim. A LOT has to happen with a TEAM to win a SB. As talented as he is, look how everyone was drinking Cam Newtons Kool aid last year. Hows he doing this year? If Bobbie G can stay healthy, and has the "complete" package around him, then sure he has a shot, but it takes waaaaaay more to win a SB. look at Cunningham when he played for the eagles...look at Vick.....YES i will say Bob is a Great QB, but hes still human and obviously beatable. Lets not go crazy just yet...i need to see another year outta him maybe even 2 before i can make my long term prediction. What is obvious is that he is a great athlete and is the best thing that has happened to the Skins since Riggins.

Mercury
10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if he eventually wins a SB. I was impressed. He has a lot of talent and looks really good for a rookie. Give him some more experience, and I think he will give us fits for years to come. However, a lot has to go right for the Redskins (or any team) to make a SB happen. Having a good QB is a right start for them. Though I personally, wouldn't have given 3 #1's for RGIII. That's just crazy too much!

Also, trading RGIII for Eli (at 32) would be a terrible move. Eli is at his peak (or nearly so). He will be playing his best football for the next five years, possibly more. I wouldn't trade him for anyone, especially someone unproven, even the "next" Eli.

GMan-67
10-22-2012, 10:13 AM
It sounds exactly like the praise heaped on Cam Newton last year. The league has figured out his weaknesses and he'll need to adjust to continue building his resume. RG111 will have to deal with the same adjustments to prove he ready to step to the next level.

i do hope you are right !

last thing i want is a phenom haunting us in the NFC East

JB456

I second the nomination.

You know why? RGIII has played in 7 games in his entire career and he is predicting years of success based on his seven game performance. Lets take a rookie who is seven games deep in his career over a two time superbowl MVP who performs his best in the 4th quarter and who is entering the prime of his career. CHESTPOUND!

Morehead State
Nice personal attacks. I'm sure all your 67 posts are this vile.

DLT
10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
i said he didnt throw many at all today. and the screen play is so successful bc of THE SPREAD OPTION PA...lmfao like what dont u get. u act like im saying rg3 is bad...do u just want me to say rg3 is the greatest or something?

ALL IM SAYING IS I WANT TO SEE HOW HE LOOKS RUNNING A LEGIT NFL OFFENSE BEFORE I PUT HIM IN CANTON....you should feel the same way too. the spread option RG3 has led u guys to a 3-4 record. last yr u guys started off better lol...rg3 has the potential to be a great, HE HAS TO SHOW HE CAN READ DEFENSES PRESNAP AND MAKE ANTICIPATION THROWS...vick, newton, they looked great until defenses found a weakness to exploit that they couldnt identify...rg3 hasnt been put in the position by shannahan for some reason to not have a standard multiple progression pass read offense, its all one read simple stuff on a slant or 9 route...cmon man u should know better...ok, cool. I still disagree because Ive watched all there games and I think they have ran pro sets more than you give them credit for. Also, people still keep downplaying the Garcon thing. Trust me, its a different Offense. We would only be doing probably half the option stuff if we had that 1 go to guy. I mean look at Cam last year with Steve Smith and Luck with Wayne. Those QB's would look totallly diiferent without those 2. RG3 has done this without his guy and now he has to do it without his top 2 with Davis being out. Because of that you have to do some things that maybe you normally wouldnt do to circumvent that. BTW, he threw all the same passes last week against Minny (no screens & swing passes), and as of today he has a pretty hefty lead on the whole NFL on ypa

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 10:49 AM

ALL IM SAYING IS I WANT TO SEE HOW HE LOOKS RUNNING A LEGIT NFL OFFENSE BEFORE I PUT HIM IN CANTON....you should feel the same way too. the spread option RG3 has led u guys to a 3-4 record. last yr u guys started off better lol...rg3 has the potential to be a great, HE HAS TO SHOW HE CAN READ DEFENSES PRESNAP AND MAKE ANTICIPATION THROWS...vick, newton, they looked great until defenses found a weakness to exploit that they couldnt identify...rg3 hasnt been put in the position by shannahan for some reason to not have a standard multiple progression pass read offense, its all one read simple stuff on a slant or 9 route...cmon man u should know better...

480 yards against us on the road is illegit???

GameTime
10-22-2012, 10:52 AM
dont care what type of offense they run. The Kid is legit. he can run and he can pass. It is true new defensive schemes will be drawn up to counter him but unlike Vick and Newton I think RG will strive to get better and better each season. Doesnt seem like head case the other two are. Newton is too full himself. When he sheads that attitude the can big success as well.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 10:57 AM
dont care what type of offense they run. The Kid is legit. he can run and he can pass. It is true new defensive schemes will be drawn up to counter him but unlike Vick and Newton I think RG will strive to get better and better each season. Doesnt seem like head case the other two are. Newton is too full himself. When he sheads that attitude the can big success as well.+1

Rudyy
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
He has been good for the Skins. Not ready to crown him MVP though, but he's a good player.

Buddy333
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
He has skills for sure but as we have seen with last years new sensation it's a little early to name him the next best QB. I actually can live with what he did yesterday to the Giants. It's what the rookie RB was doing that I think really hurt them.

stormin normand
10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
I agree if he can stay healthy. Not a Vick? no he is a real QB and a stud great skill cool under pressure and playing like a seasoned vet in his rookie year.
His rookie year.. that being said lets wait and see if there is any kind of sophmore slump doubt it but as with all things only time will tell.
The skins now are the 2d best team in the division ahead of Dallas and even the Iggles.

Future years are going to be real interesting and dangerous in this division.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Football is a team sport. If Cruz doesn't get open, Eli doesn't have that game winning drive. Of course a rb helps... receivers do too. Do you see any new pieces in Carolina to help Cam grow? Eli received Plax in his 2nd year. Cam has an old receiver that's starting to wear down and an offensive line that obviously can't open holes for the backs to run through.

Buddy333
10-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I agree if he can stay healthy. Not a Vick? no he is a real QB and a stud great skill cool under pressure and playing like a seasoned vet in his rookie year.His rookie year.. that being said lets wait and see if there is any kind of sophmore slump doubt it but as with all things only time will tell.The skins now are the 2d best team in the division ahead of Dallas and even the Iggles.Future years are going to be real interesting and dangerous in this division.I think this will force the Giants into getting faster LB's. Not having Williams yesterday hurt as he is probably their fastest LB. I do not know why they weren't using Rivers more.

FlyingTruck
10-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Won't stay healthy enough. Santana Moss won't be there forever. Remember when Miami ran the Wild Cat? That only really lasted one season. Eventually a team will give the rest of the league a blue print on how to really beat it. Then they'll be forced to change the system around, which will hurt their offense. Happens all the time.

nygpolishpunk
10-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Washington with RG3 will be the biggest threat to the Giants from within the division in the coming years. IF and only IF he's developed properly as a passer.

What I see in this kid is flexibility. He can run, he can throw, and he's fast as hell. I've been saying this all along, if they develop him as a passer first and only allow him to run if he absolutely needs to, he'll be great for years to come. The temptation will be there to let him run more early in his career which puts him in danger of getting hurt.

Whats most annoying about him is that he's a division rival and I have a hard time hating him. He just doesn't give you reasons to hate him. He's good but humble at the same time, not very common in the NFL these days.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
i'm cheering for him (except against us) because he seems humble. None of this chest thumping super man ****.Yeah humble... the guy pulls we beat ourselves card yesterday, he complains about the rams were to rough, he was bragging how he was looking back at the Vikings defender, dude has 30,000 commercials he is definitely not humble.

JB456
10-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah humble... the guy pulls we beat ourselves card yesterday, he complains about the rams were to rough, he was bragging how he was looking back at the Vikings defender, dude has 30,000 commercials he is definitely not humble.

Agreed. RGIII is as humble as Cam (Flash in the pan) Newton and Jerry Jones. People are getting hypnotized by his beaty eyes and lizard like tongue.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Agreed. RGIII is as humble as Cam (Flash in the pan) Newton and Jerry Jones. People are getting hypnotized by his beaty eyes and lizard like tongue.LMAO seriously I am more impressed with Andrew Luck, cause he is actually taking the time to figure out defenses and make the right reads then rely on athletic ability. Yesterdays game it was like watching a high school game. Seriously that gimmick crap will not last.I expect a way better performance by the Giants the 2nd time we face them. I also think Alfred Morris big runs help RG3 settled down and when you don't stop the run I don't care who the qb is you get burned. Luckily we still won. MS just basically out coached our DC.

jimsgints
10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
The skins have to beat the eagles first. If Bob can stay healthy they could have a chance but untill they vastly improve their defense I don't see them geting past the playoffs anytime soon. Their easyier schedule helps them and when the pressure is on and teams figure their offense out they become predictable. I mean it's not like they have a Reese in their front office making great things happen. They gave up a lot for this guy.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Haterzzz!!! And I'm a diehard Giants fan!

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah humble... the guy pulls we beat ourselves card yesterday, he complains about the rams were to rough, he was bragging how he was looking back at the Vikings defender, dude has 30,000 commercials he is definitely not humble.
If we lost and turned it over 4 times, we would be saying the exact thing.

And I'm not sure if "humble" is the right description. But he certainly is a very hi character guy.

GameTime
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
LMAO seriously I am more impressed with Andrew Luck, cause he is actually taking the time to figure out defenses and make the right reads then rely on athletic ability. Yesterdays game it was like watching a high school game. Seriously that gimmick crap will not last.I expect a way better performance by the Giants the 2nd time we face them. I also think Alfred Morris big runs help RG3 settled down and when you don't stop the run I don't care who the qb is you get burned. Luckily we still won. MS just basically out coached our DC.
not really too much a of a gimmick. Morris ripped up the Giants with his rushing. Even after the second and thrid contact the kid was still getting yards.
RG3 was 20 for 28. Not like he was 6 for 15.
The kid is legit. He can run and pass very well. Defensive schemes will be drwn up to stop/limit him but I think he is a student of the game and will progress.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Aaron Rodgers scrambles, has commercials, has a discount double check celebration, complained that the Pack beat themselves but nobody says he has character issues. I'm really starting to get tired of this hater board. Haterzzz!

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Let me rephrase that. The posters who are trying to critique RG3 were no where around when that post about Rodgers complaining was up.

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
When a team out gains and seems to outplay another team but turns it over a lot and loses, they always think "they beat themselves". .... So do we.
Its just a natural reaction. It doesn't show low character for God's sake.

NOW...
When a HC says something like "the best team didn't win" like Wade Phillips did against us in the 2007 playoffs, THAT's being a whiney little girl.

Having said that, the simple statement of "we beat ourselves" is very common in sports and rarely demonstrates any lack of character. All teams feel that they have their destiny in their own control.

GameTime
10-22-2012, 01:50 PM
When a team out gains and seems to outplay another team but turns it over a lot and loses, they always think "they beat themselves". .... So do we.

NOW...
When a HC says something like "the best team didn't win" like Wade Phillips did against us in the 2007 playoffs, THAT's being a whiney little girl.

Having said that, the simple statement of "we beat ourselves" is very common in sports and rarely demonstrates any lack of character. All teams feel that they have their destiny in their own control.
I agree....
also the won the time of possession and did cough up the ball 3x. So I can see in his mind if they dont cough up the ball they win. Makes sense.

rtlax
10-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I look at it this way. Washington had the advantage going into this game. The Giants D hasn't seen this kid yet. Lets see how the second game goes later in the season. I am sure the Giants coaching staff will have more to draw upon when coming up with a game plan. Seeing what Washington has been able to do against other teams personnel is one thing, Seeing what the did against our people is another. We should have a better scheme going into the 2nd game.

One thing is for certain though. Our draft for the foreseeable will be influenced by RG3. Our Defense will draft speed for the next decade, bet on it. At least every other team in the nfc east has mobile QBs also.

As a side note: My mother's maiden name is Griffin. My grandfathers' name (who has since past) was Cornelius. He always used to laugh about How the former Giant great must be a long lost relative. Funny coming from a pasty white Irish guy but what the heck! Maybe Robert comes from the same side of the family too!

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't think Rodgers has character issues... I like his competitive swag. He's proven and he believes in himself. Why would I not like a player like that? RG3's completion rate is off the charts so why is he lumped into the scrambling QB category? Why are we talking about how humble he is? These are rich, young, talented athletes we're talking about.

BurnerNYG
10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
We never played against Newton either but we shut him down. I think it's more about the player and their instincts than it is about the playbook.

TheEnigma
10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Aaron Rodgers scrambles, has commercials, has a discount double check celebration, complained that the Pack beat themselves but nobody says he has character issues. I'm really starting to get tired of this hater board. Haterzzz!

Rodgers also came out of college being used to a spread offense but look at how he is doing now. I don't buy this stuff that only QBs coming from pro style offenses can succeed. I'm sure as the Redskins get more reliable weapons for a deep vertical game, there will be more complex reads for RG3 to be involved in.

Look at all of the USC QBs that were drafted. All pro style QBs that haven't lived up to the hype and we'll get to see another one in the NFL next year in Matt Barkley.

Roswell777
10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Completely impressed with RGIII. He is the whole package. I never saw a player with his athletic ability and touch play the QB position. Right now his receivers are pedestrian at best and yet he still elevated his team yesterday. He made some mistakes, big ones, but he is going to be a great one for a long time.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:11 PM
not really too much a of a gimmick. Morris ripped up the Giants with his rushing. Even after the second and thrid contact the kid was still getting yards.
RG3 was 20 for 28. Not like he was 6 for 15.
The kid is legit. He can run and pass very well. Defensive schemes will be drwn up to stop/limit him but I think he is a student of the game and will progress.When did I say he wasn't legit. I just said that Andrew Luck is the better pro prospect and I was unimpressed. I said it before the draft. Your telling the me the the triple option is not a gimmick and he will be able to consistently win like that? I don't know man...RG3 made some spectacular plays yesterday yes but to me that was because Alfred Morris went off and the Giants screwed themselves from the get go. They had no idea who to cover. Once they stopped Morris RG3 became human. He was 20-28 that's great and everything but he was completing slants and screens that were being broke for yards. When defenses figure him out and make him play from the pocket and he does it I will be impressed. Right now I'm not.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM
If we lost and turned it over 4 times, we would be saying the exact thing.

And I'm not sure if "humble" is the right description. But he certainly is a very hi character guy.Yep your right it is not the correct word. I'm not saying he's a bad kid but humble he is not.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Aaron Rodgers scrambles, has commercials, has a discount double check celebration, complained that the Pack beat themselves but nobody says he has character issues. I'm really starting to get tired of this hater board. Haterzzz!I hate Aaron Rodgers... I always point out his complaining and ****iness bothers me but he also has won a SB and was a league MVP. I think he has the right to talk all he wants.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Rodgers also came out of college being used to a spread offense but look at how he is doing now. I don't buy this stuff that only QBs coming from pro style offenses can succeed. I'm sure as the Redskins get more reliable weapons for a deep vertical game, there will be more complex reads for RG3 to be involved in.

Look at all of the USC QBs that were drafted. All pro style QBs that haven't lived up to the hype and we'll get to see another one in the NFL next year in Matt Barkley.That's fine doesn't make you or me right though guess we will have to see...it has only been 7 games. Aren't you the one that said no gimmick offense has won a SB??

PETEY006
10-22-2012, 03:19 PM

LMAOoooo i doubt that but i do see him injury prone like Vick b/c he runs the ball too much

GameTime
10-22-2012, 03:22 PM
When did I say he wasn't legit. I just said that Andrew Luck is the better pro prospect and I was unimpressed. I said it before the draft. Your telling the me the the triple option is not a gimmick and he will be able to consistently win like that? I don't know man...RG3 made some spectacular plays yesterday yes but to me that was because Alfred Morris went off and the Giants screwed themselves from the get go. They had no idea who to cover. Once they stopped Morris RG3 became human. He was 20-28 that's great and everything but he was completing slants and screens that were being broke for yards. When defenses figure him out and make him play from the pocket and he does it I will be impressed. Right now I'm not.
I was stating that I think he is legit not that you didnt. He got about 45 of hi 89 yards rushing in the second half but the D did step up with more pressure.
258 yards is alot more then completing slants and screens. Thats a very good day as a QB. I just htink he will not be a player to rest on his natural talents. I think he is a student of the game and like all very good QBs will contiually evolve.

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Yep your right it is not the correct word. I'm not saying he's a bad kid but humble he is not.
No NFL QB is humble.. Not even Eli. You have to be ****y to play QB at that level.
Eli just cares about winning more than stats.

JB456
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM

NOW...

I don't think this is applicable to the game they just played. If the Giants played a perfect or almost perfect game, then I would see your point. How many points did the Giants leave on the board with their turnovers and stupid penalties? The Giants played like trash and the Skins should have never even scored that go ahead TD in the 4th Qtr.

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I hate Aaron Rodgers... I always point out his complaining and ****iness bothers me but he also has won a SB and was a league MVP. I think he has the right to talk all he wants.
Honestly Rodgers seems a little too sensitive to me. Gets upset about the media a little (even though he denies it)
But the kid can really play. Has no weakness in his game.

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't think this is applicable to the game they just played. If the Giants played a perfect or almost perfect game, then I would see your point. How many points did the Giants leave on the board with their turnovers and stupid penalties? The Giants played like trash and the Skins should have never even scored that go ahead TD in the 4th Qtr.
When the other team plays like trash and you still lose, especially with 4 turnovers, you can definitely claim you beat yourself.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
When the other team plays like trash and you still lose, especially with 4 turnovers, you can definitely claim you beat yourself.Lmao The Giants can make the same claim that it should have been a blow out but they don't so why say it??? You lost get over it. Just say the better team won today.

TheEnigma
10-22-2012, 03:31 PM
That's fine doesn't make you or me right though guess we will have to see...it has only been 7 games. Aren't you the one that said no gimmick offense has won a SB??

Never talked about that. You have to realize that without his top WR and TE, you can't expect a QB who has only been a year off the Baylor offense to suddenly go cold turkey and switch to a pro style offense. See Blaine Gabbert in Jacksonville who didn't come out as a pro style and look at how much he has struggled the last two years. It's like when your 5 year old gets one of those damn county fair goldfish and expects it to live when you put it in a drastically different water temperature environment - the results won't be pretty. It needs to be a gradual process for the young RG3PO.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I was stating that I think he is legit not that you didnt. He got about 45 of hi 89 yards rushing in the second half but the D did step up with more pressure.
258 yards is alot more then completing slants and screens. Thats a very good day as a QB. I just htink he will not be a player to rest on his natural talents. I think he is a student of the game and like all very good QBs will contiually evolve.fair enough....

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Lmao The Giants can make the same claim that it should have been a blow out but they don't so why say it??? You lost get over it. Just say the better team won today.
I think you're missing the point. Its not unreasonable for the Skins to think that they beat themselves. Its just a sports term.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM
No NFL QB is humble.. Not even Eli. You have to be ****y to play QB at that level.
Eli just cares about winning more than stats.Did I ever say it was wrong MS??? The guy posted that he is a humble guy and I disagreed.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Never talked about that. You have to realize that without his top WR and TE, you can't expect a QB who has only been a year off the Baylor offense to suddenly go cold turkey and switch to a pro style offense. See Blaine Gabbert in Jacksonville who didn't come out as a pro style and look at how much he has struggled the last two years. It's like when your 5 year old gets one of those damn county fair goldfish and expects it to live when you put it in a drastically different water temperature environment - the results won't be pretty. It needs to be a gradual process for the young RG3PO.Dude I never expected him to just all of a sudden change the Baylor style of offense the Redskins are running. I am simply saying I was unimpressed with it. All I'm saying is he will have to play a different style of offense one day and when he does I will be impressed. You are and I get why I am not.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
I think you're missing the point. Its not unreasonable for the Skins to think that they beat themselves. Its just a sports term.Don't really care if it is not unusual.....to ME the excuse is getting old when half of those statements are coming after teams play the Giants...like the Giants were lucky to win or some bs. RG3 took the lead and we took it back we won that game. No matter what happened during the game both teams can make excuses as to why they lost.

TheEnigma
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Dude I never expected him to just all of a sudden change the Baylor style of offense the Redskins are running. I am simply saying I was unimpressed with it. All I'm saying is he will have to play a different style of offense one day and when he does I will be impressed. You are and I get why I am not.

I'm not impressed with his system. I know that he won't win championships under the current offense but there have been plays like the deep pass to Moss for a TD or how the drive he was building against the Rams would of ended up leading to a Redskin victory if it wasn't for the incompetence of Josh Morgan. People seem to think RG3 benefits tremendously from the play of others around him (the Alfred Morris carried him crowd) when the reality is that RG3 has done enough for his team to be 5-2.

JB456
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not impressed with his system. I know that he won't win championships under the current offense but there have been plays like the deep pass to Moss for a TD or how the drive he was building against the Rams would of ended up leading to a Redskin victory if it wasn't for the incompetence of Josh Morgan. People seem to think RG3 benefits tremendously from the play of others around him (the Alfred Morris carried him crowd) when the reality is that RG3 has done enough for his team to be 5-2.

I have said that Morris greatly helped RG III in their game on Sunday and I think that is a fair statement. How many yards did the dude have in the 1st half? Like 120. The Giants completely sold out in the 2nd half to stop this dude and RGIII greatly benefited in the form of play action.

Now, with that said, I thin RGIII did a phenominal job yesterday. He looked supremely confident and was effective but lets not just crown him the best QB EVAAAA since the dude just got to the NFL.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm not impressed with his system. I know that he won't win championships under the current offense but there have been plays like the deep pass to Moss for a TD or how the drive he was building against the Rams would of ended up leading to a Redskin victory if it wasn't for the incompetence of Josh Morgan. People seem to think RG3 benefits tremendously from the play of others around him (the Alfred Morris carried him crowd) when the reality is that RG3 has done enough for his team to be 5-2.all true...fair enough. But to me yesterday his style of gameplay depended on Morris having a great game and he did they both did.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Honestly Rodgers seems a little too sensitive to me. Gets upset about the media a little (even though he denies it)
But the kid can really play. Has no weakness in his game.This we can agree on Aaron Rodgers, when he is on top of his game he is basically unstoppable and that is all I'm saying about RG3 this is who he reminds me off but he will have to learn how to play like Rodgers one day. Play from the pocket and run when you have too.

TheEnigma
10-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I have said that Morris gretly helped RG III in their game on Sunday and I think that is a fair statement. How many yards did the dude have in the 1st half? Like 120. The Giants completely sold out in the 2nd half to stop this dude and RGIII greatly benefited in the form of play action.

Now, with that said, I thin RGIII did a phenominal job yesterday. He looked supremely confident and was effective but lets not just crown him the best QB EVAAAA since the dude just got to the NFL.

I don't recall the exact splits of the numbers by the halves but I think Morris had around 70-90 before the end of the first half. No doubt he did majority of his damage then but you have to realize that this is a Shanahan system where he always takes these late round RBs and plugs them into his zone blocking system. If anyone is benefiting more from the offense instead of pure talent, it would be Morris. Defensive coordinators have to focus on throwing everything at RG3 first before they can even take Morris into account.

Is RG3 the best QB evaaaa? No but I think he deserves a little bit more credit and praise here than he has received from just an analytical standpoint. The Cam comparisons need to stop because the Panthers coaching staff doesn't even compare to what RG3 has here and I think we can all agree on how bad Cam has carried himself this season with his lack of success. He doesn't seem to realize the true nature of his problems and continues to sulk. RG3 is not like that.

GIANTSED101
10-22-2012, 04:26 PM
RG3 is going to be good but we'll have to wait until next season to see if he's going to be great. Next year they'll have some film on him and the offense. We'll also see if Shannahan is going to take the training wheels off of him and start implementing more of a pro style offense. If RG3 can sit in the pocket a make those consistent reads and throws that Vick, McNabb, Yound, etc. couldn't make than we're definitely in trouble for the next decade. It'll be interesting to see how well our defense plays against him the next time we play.

Morehead State
10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Did I ever say it was wrong MS??? The guy posted that he is a humble guy and I disagreed.
Sounds to me like I agree.
Why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

giant-4-life
10-22-2012, 05:44 PM
RGIII will get hurt or injured because his system he plays for think they can substitute his running ability to make up for lacking elsewhere. they don't have any real threats at WR. he might get really injured before the end of the season.

scoopscj
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I can't argue that this kid is the real deal. Regardless of his shorter passes and his option reads, his accuracty is a whopping 70% right now with no big name receivers. He is only going to get better.

I am happy for the Skins fans. They've been down for so long it's nice to see them on the upswing. If we can knock down the Cowboys and Eagles while the Redskins go upward, then even better. For too long the Redskins have been 'gimmie wins' and no longer will they be the face of losing.

That kid is going to be a thorn in our sides for years to come. Good for him and the Skins fans.

Scoops