PDA

View Full Version : Tuck sack good play or right time right place?

Harooni
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I couldnt tell if tuck just made a good play or he was just fortunate that rg3 right into him. i did not see a replay.

GMan-67
10-21-2012, 04:29 PM
exactly, take 'em anyway you can get 'em ... this league is no joke ... those guys in the other uniforms apparently really want to win too

dakotajoe
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I little bit of both. At first it looked like RGIII handed Tuck the sack but that wasn't the case. Tuck bull rushed the offensive lineman, drove him a few yards back, and almost knocked him over. RGIII ran his way, easy sack.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Stop reaching and bashing the guy.... be happy he's starting to play better along with the rest of our D-line

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
i think Tuck made a hellva play! he stayed with RG3 the whole way.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
There have been plenty of times he is in the right place and not gotten the sack - so you take what you can. He was active today - good game Tuck.

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I couldnt tell if tuck just made a good play or he was just fortunate that rg3 right into him. i did not see a replay.I'm not back on Tuck's bandwagon after this game...he had his best game of the season...week 7!!!...This is an ordinary game for a guy of his billing....needs to play with more heart, which he has lack for the entire season and most of last season.

Ruttiger711
10-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Combo of both. Announcer credited Kiwi as it happened though.

zimonami
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
There have been plenty of times he is in the right place and not gotten the sack - so you take what you can. He was active today - good game Tuck.
Exactly. How many times has he overpowered his man on a play, but the QB just wasn't there? The bottom line is that you never give up, and that's what helped us today... our vets playing hard to the whistle and trying to make breaks.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Ha - yeah its heart? Gimme a break the guy had 6 hurries against niners - but that doesnt show up on a stat sheet so fans get all worried - guy is a leader and very good player. JPP is younger and more explosive but cmon the guy is still a very good DE.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Stop reaching and bashing the guy.... be happy he's starting to play better along with the rest of our D-line i love tuck, but this year our dline besides jpp is avg. to me it looked like rg3 just ran right into him kinds fortunate timing.

Kez Simpson
Tuck did everything right set the edge, played the contain which led to the sack.

ny06
I'm not back on Tuck's bandwagon after this game...he had his best game of the season...week 7!!!...This is an ordinary game for a guy of his billing....needs to play with more heart, which he has lack for the entire season and most of last season.
Never question a players heart, you could question their head and what they are thinking. But to be playing in the NFL at Tuck's level for x amount of years speaks volumes to his heart.

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Never question a players heart, you could question their head and what they are thinking. But to be playing in the NFL at Tuck's lever for x amount of years speaks volums to his heart.He was drafted 6 years ago, not exactly ancient, not even for a D-lineman! He played great in 07 (2nd year) and for a couple years after and then in the post-season last year but is run-stopping is garbage now when it used to be a strength of his...He is average this year and until he proves he is what he billing says he is, he is a 1-sack DE with a mediocre amount of threat potential...He isn't alone, Osi has lost not one, but three steps, but he got a sack too. Osi is horrible against the run and has always been.

But we got a win....thats great but lets not cause us to overlook what is staring us in the face....1. Defensive scheming is sketchy, 2. Tuck and Osi are less effective than they once were (never give a pass) and 3. JPP would be much more effective if Kiwi was opposite of him.

Tuck would be a better DT (if his hearts in it), and Lets all have a farewell party for Osi after this season.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh and 4 - they just played one of the best offenses in the game with one of the most dynamic qb's in the game and forced multiple turnovers. Tuck had six tackles and a sack - lets question his heart.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Tuck did everything right set the edge, played the contain which led to the sack. thats fair. i hope it gets the ball rolling becaus eOsi has taken his money and went on vacation already

GMan-67
10-21-2012, 05:59 PM
he played very well today ... listen the Skins have some things going on O .. the D played very well in the 2nd half getting sacks and turnovers ... the O didnt help out as much as they usually do .. no big returns either today ... but that's why you need 3 good units ... if one has a bad day , the other 1 or 2 can pick them up

and b/c the D kept it close ... Eli and Cruz had a chance to work their magic in the end

more celebrating, less whining people ... any win in this league is great, they are so hard to get

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
He also blew up a running play behind the line. He had a good game. Stop looking at sack stats.

woocrew
10-21-2012, 06:16 PM
He also blew up a running play behind the line. He had a good game. Stop looking at sack stats. Agreed well said

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh and 4 - they just played one of the best offenses in the game with one of the most dynamic qb's in the game and forced multiple turnovers. Tuck had six tackles and a sack - lets question his heart.I have said this is Tucks best game of the season, hardly a pro-bowl consideration, that is for sure. Not sure if you watch the games though. I'm not a minority here, there are many who can back that up but since we won, some prefer to put on the rose-colored glasses and believe we don't have flaws...keep dreamin'

I am happy about the win, but concerned about the strength of certain areas of our game.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Tuck bashing is beginning to sound more and more like whinney fans rather than know knowledgeable ones.

Kez Simpson
10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
I have said this is Tucks best game of the season, hardly a pro-bowl consideration, that is for sure. Not sure if you watch the games though. I'm not a minority here, there are many who can back that up but since we won, some prefer to put on the rose-colored glasses and believe we don't have flaws...keep dreamin'

I am happy about the win, but concerned about the strength of certain areas of our game.

Sure you can take the glass half-empty perspective. Sure we have flaws, but so does the rest of the 31 teams. Its who can exploit these flaws for the victory, so far we are doing a good job.

appodictic
10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
When one person gets a sack it rarely has to do with only them. Usually the first guy who gets pressure drives the QB into another player who gets the sack.

SackingMyths
10-21-2012, 10:31 PM
He's been far from perfect this year, but far from as bad as his sack #s would suggest.

To your question--we all thought he pulled out the bull rush at the perfect time.

rtr1105
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
It was a nice play by him, shedding the blocker to wrap up RGIII. But I also give credit to Canty for getting into the backfield and forcing RGIII towards Tuck.

GiantRoc
10-22-2012, 12:49 AM
All I can say is it takes a hell of a lot of effort to be in the right place at the right time in this league. Give him the credit. He made a good play.