PDA

View Full Version : Sloppy, ugly win but it happens & i will take it.

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I think in general everyone had a hand in helping and at times hurting the team (as units)..

Eli definitely looked off his game, but as we know he can still come back from it and make it happen. But I cannot recall the last time he had such bad throws and/or pics. They seemed fairly obvious bad plays. Who knows what was going on, or if maybe the redskins did have a formula for him again.

The line played fairly well. But I may have to agree with Bradshaw that they should have ran a bit more, especially on some of those plays, like the 3rd and 1.

The defense was up and down, but that was understandable. They had the bend but dont break. They really came on in the 2nd half which is something I was hoping to see.

RG3 - Looks solid as does the rookie RB. But in my honest opinion that type of offense may just work for this year. If it is a way to get RG accustomed to the game/league so be it, but it will be figured out as most college style offenses are. Took about a year for the wildcat. But you cannot blame them for doing so, as it is currently working for them.

I think that was part of the reason the Giants defense did well in the 2nd half and what I was hoping to see, which is they adjusted to it.

JPP was a beast, he pretty much did what he said he would do... Hats off to him. Tuck and Osi showed up again. It was a shame that Tuck made a great play, but in the end it didnt matter. Boley again was good, and also you have to give credit to Joseph for also a very good game. Prince also seemed to play very well, great bat down by him in the endzone in the first half.

I'll take 5
10-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Agree with everything. Eli is certainly not afraid of the big moment...to be great when it counts, he really stands out amongst his peers with that. That Cruz is a helluva player too

Hessian
10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
My only real gripe is not giving Bradshaw the ball more. The D needs to be more aggressive against a qb like that, he's gonna kill you either way might as well get a hit in.

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Agree with everything. Eli is certainly not afraid of the big moment...to be great when it counts, he really stands out amongst his peers with that. That Cruz is a helluva player tooAgreed, and lets not forget about JPP. He really was a beast in big spots.

My only real gripe is not giving Bradshaw the ball more. The D needs to be more aggressive against a qb like that, he's gonna kill you either way might as well get a hit in.I agree, I felt they should have used him a bit more, especially on some of those small yardage plays. I think you should be aggressive with them, but it has to be some what situational. But the first half they weren't and generally got hurt, but in the 2nd half they did become aggressive and it worked fairly well except for maybe one play or so, but you cannot win them all.

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
i'm impressed we can play a game like that and win, regardless of the reason.

ny06
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Exactly... We didn't play our best game against a divisional rival and still came out with a Win.

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 06:26 PM
the defense in games like this is bend but dont break! i was angry at them most of the game but getting those turnovers was the game winner!

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
i'm impressed we can play a game like that and win, regardless of the reason.I was hoping for another blow out. But we know in the NFC East it usually never happens, so I kinda expected an ugly/sloppy game. It turned out a bit more than i expected. But yes I agree we need to win those type of games at times, and even better when our best player was far from his best and left points on the field...

That is a sign of a good team. Also it was nice to see the defense improve as well, as the last two weeks they were aberrations. I was hoping that the giants defense was playing very cautiously and then be able to adjust and turn it on in the 2nd half, and they really did. Overall good job by the defense and PF.

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Yup, Giants won bottomline. I also think they played well enough to win that game. Of course, there could have been better clock management late in the 4th, but thanks to the late Eli to Cruz TD, it didn't cost them the game. Expecting a flawless game and dominating blowout victory every week which will never happen is unreasonable. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday. Go Giants!!!

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 06:32 PM
the defense in games like this is bend but dont break! i was angry at them most of the game but getting those turnovers was the game winner!I have always said. I prefer giving up 300 yards a game over 30 points a game... As mentioned before, I kinda expected the giants to be cautious at least in the first half, and turn it around in the 2nd, and generally they did which made a big difference...

But yet those turnovers obviously helped us. And in a way we needed them, but cant always rely on the offense to get it done. We need a complete team effort. And I feel that both the Off and Def had made some mistakes and showed up when needed.

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Yup, Giants won bottomline. I also think they played well enough to win that game. Of course, there could have been better clock management late in the 4th, but thanks to the late Eli to Cruz TD, it didn't cost them the game. Expecting a flawless game and dominating blowout victory every week which will never happen is unreasonable. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday. Go Giants!!!Trust me I am enjoying it that much more after the win...

Two things I said towards the end of the game... Dont leave the skins a lot of time because it can get crazy with a few minutes left. So they passed it on 3rd and 1 (bad KG or Elis decision there) and ended up punting.... I figured they would score, but when I saw RG hit Moss I was very happy as I knew it was probably a TD and it would give the Giants over 90 seconds left with 3 time outs, and all we needed was a FG to tie.

Because if they were to score anyway, which I felt they probably would have, I rather have 90 seconds + left vs 10-30-60 seconds left and no real chance to make it work unless we had a great return.

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Trust me I am enjoying it that much more after the win...

Two things I said towards the end of the game... Dont leave the skins a lot of time because it can get crazy with a few minutes left. So they passed it on 3rd and 1 (bad KG or Elis decision there) and ended up punting.... I figured they would score, but when I saw RG hit Moss I was very happy as I knew it was probably a TD and it would give the Giants over 90 seconds left with 3 time outs, and all we needed was a FG to tie.

Because if they were to score anyway, which I felt they probably would have, I rather have 90 seconds + left vs 10-30-60 seconds left and no real chance to make it work unless we had a great return.

The Giants probably had the FG tie in the back of their minds until Victor Cruz outran the Redskins secondary and performed a much needed salsa dance.

GentleGiant
10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm curious. How is it a shame that Tuck got a sack? Are we forgetting that he's the D's leader and was basically the defensive super bowl mvp last year already?

nhpgiantsfan
10-21-2012, 07:57 PM
It looked like a typical NFC East game. Never pretty, just come out with a W any way you can.

joemorrisforprez
10-21-2012, 08:20 PM

The Giants won today because the defense got some key turnovers and Cruz is a stud.

Gilbride and Eli are often big reasons for the Giants winning ballgames......just not today.

RagTime Blue
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
A win with no major injuries???

Sign me up for one of those EVERY WEEK.

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:25 PM
You know it's an ugly win when it seems like the media is talking more about how good Washington is going to be instead of another 4th quarter TD by Eli Manning.

BigBlue wins
10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm curious. How is it a shame that Tuck got a sack? Are we forgetting that he's the D's leader and was basically the defensive super bowl mvp last year already?

He was referring to the interception Eli threw which gave the ball back to the redskins anyway..so Tuck's sack didnt change a thing

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
i'm impressed we can play a game like that and win, regardless of the reason.Right on!