PDA

View Full Version : My take...........for what it's worth.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
There are currently some very negative threads (with vaild points) on the board already, and I have no doubt there will be many more before the week is done. The one thing we need to remember is we had MANY games just like that one last year that we were on the losing end of and still won the SB.

That being said...I see a few posters on the smack talk forum calling out Redskins fans because we won a game we were LUCKY to win!! That needs to stop. RG3 is a very good rookie QB and is going to give us fits for the next several seasons to come.

Eli.....very pedestrian day for him. Glad we got the win without him being on his game. He'll bounce back.

Bradshaw.....I haven't yet looked into what that tirade was all about, but I assume it's because we went pass happy and almost blew the game. Still, he can't act like that. I hope he goes the no comment route when he gets in front of the media.

Defense. Thank god for the big plays because we could not stop them without getting a turnover. We have some game planning to do before we face them again.

Playcalling....ugh!! Very unhappy with how pass happy we got in short yardage and goal line. Learn your lesson here Eli and KG.

All in all a win is a win. Be happy. We go to Eli's house next!!!

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!

G4L
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
As far as the passing on 3rd and short: anyone notice if it was Gilbrides play-calls or Eli's audibles at the line?

FBomb
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
As far as the passing on 3rd and short: anyone notice if it was Gilbrides play-calls or Eli's audibles at the line?

Eli

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm concerend about AB and what exactly sparked that meltdown.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
That wasn't a meltdown - that was we have lost 2 to the skins and we need to show some fire - we can't just show up.

Luck? No luck on all those FORCED turnovers - the anvil lowers the hammer - stevie brown plays the overthrow - JPP smacks rg3 - Chase rips it from santana - GIVE SOME CREDIT.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:15 PM
That wasn't a meltdown - that was we have lost 2 to the skins and we need to show some fire - we can't just show up.

Luck? No luck on all those FORCED turnovers - the anvil lowers the hammer - stevie brown plays the overthrow - JPP smacks rg3 - Chase rips it from santana - GIVE SOME CREDIT.

I gave plenty of credit wear is was due...the turnovers!! Without them we lose. And Bradshaw yelling at his coaches INCLUDING TC on national television is not "getting fired up"

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
listen to post game - youre wrong - he wasnt yelling at tc - Ingram maybe - not tc.

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM

listen, eli doesn't throw those kind of picks, and the redskins don't turn the ball over that way either.

we can both argue about whether all the turnovers were defensive skill or just the pressure of a big game, but at the end of the day we were lucky to win.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:20 PM
listen to post game - youre wrong - he wasnt yelling at tc - Ingram maybe - not tc.

I know what I saw.....he was yelling at TC on the field.

He yelled at Ingram after he made the TD....but he was yelling at TC before that.

penguinfarmer
I can't even say it was Haslet who altered Eli's day. Eli missed on some throws. I guess you can find solace in knowing that these are easily correctable.

BigBlue1971
it was a great win without Eli being himself! he is the best qb (at least 4th qtr) in the league right now!

i was highly pissed at the defense all day but you cant take away from the turnovers they got! that was the game key!

ny06
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
I like to add JPP is an animal on the field.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Lucky? SO if the skins win - would they have been lucky? How bout the giants have been there before. They have a q who is ice cool with 133 to go - they have a slot wideout who can outrun any coverage. How bout they made plays to win game. Yep they turned them over - but not one turnover wasn't forced except the overthrow and on that play brown is once again in position to pick it. Not luck at all.

Gimaniac
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Causing turnovers is not luck.

Throwing the game winning TD is not pedestrian.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
2 bad ints and some badly thrown incompletions is poor. making the game winnning throw cleans the slate but Eli was not spectacular in this game.

Gimaniac
10-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Story of Eli's career. Look like poop for 3 quarters, win it at the end. You were expecting something different?

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 05:35 PM
the skins outplayed us in that game, if they had won it would have been because they outplayed us. our QB looked anything but ice cool today, and our slot wideout didn't outrun great coverage, he ran past an idiot safety who was sitting on who knows what.

a win is a win, but if i'm on the skins side of the ball i'm not talking about how we're not a good enough team to win today, i'm talking about some stupid turnovers and a boneheaded secondary play on the winning touchdown, not wow, what a defense we just played, we couldn't get anything done today.......or cruz is just unstoppable.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-21-2012, 05:39 PM
I think this team has become in love with the "killshot" and while I love being aggressive...it has it's time and place. The playcalling in the fourth was terrible and coulda come back to haunt us like it did the Eagles game. I'll obviously take the win but we looked like we tired real hard to give the game away.

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Skins would had no chance to win that game in regulation after the RG3 sack-fumble if the Giants milked the game clock being up by 7. Redskins at best would have been playing for overtime. I think the defense did a decent job playing against RG3 for the first time.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 05:41 PM
REALLY? lets get to the call? they bracketed cruz and he outran the coverage - looked like a cloud coverage - no help up top - thats outrunning a coverage not an idiot safety. Im just failing to see how they out played us - the giants forced them to turn it over - over and over again - id say thats sloppy and they didnt deserve to win cause they didnt take care of the football like we did (and that wasn't great either - but better then them. Id say winning a game with 133 to go is pretty damn ice cool - but perhaps you are just used to eli doing this - watch a jags raider game - then maybe you'll understand that eli is playing at such a high level he has made you spoiled. Yep the one pick was horrible - he just never sees the LB but he really has to see that pre snap - i thought bennett sat down instead of running to corner on first pic but we will have to hear from them. Giants completely outplayed them - you simply didnt like the game calls - and i admit gilbride should have given run a bigger chance - this does not mean we were outplayed.

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 05:41 PM
i think the playcalling was a result of what we weren't seeing at the LOS compared to other games. unlike other games where our running game was strong, we weren't winning LOS battles.

deciding to throw the ball was a reaction to the injuries they have on the LOS and their secondary's reputation.

we'd be complaining about the playcalling if we kept getting stuffed calling running plays.

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Not on that play. The interception on first down right after the defense finally forces a RG3 fumble turnover late in the game to possibly seal it was pretty much inexcusable. It doesn't matter if the running play get stuffed. It's first down and you get the clock moving that late in the game. Textbook football. Even if Nicks caught the short pass and gets knocked out of bounds, the clock is still stopped.

DJloves
10-21-2012, 05:46 PM
the skins outplayed us in that game, if they had won it would have been because they outplayed us. our QB looked anything but ice cool today, and our slot wideout didn't outrun great coverage, he ran past an idiot safety who was sitting on who knows what.

a win is a win, but if i'm on the skins side of the ball i'm not talking about how we're not a good enough team to win today, i'm talking about some stupid turnovers and a boneheaded secondary play on the winning touchdown, not wow, what a defense we just played, we couldn't get anything done today.......or cruz is just unstoppable.

How did they outplay us? I thought it was a fairly even game and could have gone either way. Twice we caused a TO and they got the ball right back with a TO against us. We had a chance to end the game twice - 3rd and 1 and then the 4th and 10 but didn't; they were never really in that position except at the very end.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:50 PM
How did they outplay us? I thought it was a fairly even game and could have gone either way. Twice we caused a TO and they got the ball right back with a TO against us. We had a chance to end the game twice - 3rd and 1 and then the 4th and 10 but didn't; they were never really in that position except at the very end.

I don't believe we got out played....in fact, just the opposite......but Griffin is the real deal.

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 05:58 PM

i don't look at 226 yards rushing (wash) vs. 260 passing (ny) prior to an end of game busted coverage as fairly even.

just my opinion, i agree a case can be made it was an even game, it just wasn't in my eyes.

firstgamein49
10-21-2012, 06:00 PM
I think the worst D call was on their 4th and 10 when we rushed 3! It's hard enough to contain rg with 4 men. but 3? Come on!

firstgamein49
10-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I think the worst D call was on their 4th and 10 when we rushed 3! It's hard enough to contain rg with 4 men. but 3? Come on!
BTW, what's up with the 10:00 PM thing? It's 6 pm EST.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Lets just add some other stats so we get the full picture - washington comes in as the 4th best offense in football with 5 turnovers and the giants force them into 4 in one game. Now you are taking away the giants td pass cause it doesn't suit your stats? Well guess what it happened b/c Cruz outran a bracket which is called out running a coverage - it was not busted - it was a great read by eli and cruz which is why the two have been a dynamic due - yes the redskins moved the ball - they have all year against very good defenses (including vikes) and yet we did what other teams couldn't force to's. I think you just dont wanna face the fact that griffin makes the skins offense very dynamic. Any time you have to respect run on 3rd and 7 its amazing. Fewell clamped down on morris in second half though. Giants outplayed them by just enough.

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 06:21 PM
it was a go route with no help for the corner over the top, i love cruz but there's 30+ receivers in the NFL that could have got a TD with that coverage.

a win is a win, there won't be an * beside that win for any reason.

You think it's our superiority that had us prevail, and to me in an imaginary world you replay that game from the beginning 10 times and both sides win it 5 times.

dave56dj
10-21-2012, 06:32 PM
If you put the ball in eli's hands with three timeouts plus 130 to go - i'll take it every game and bet he comes up with more then 5 wins.

It was not a go route - it was an opition route - the safety came down to bracket and got beat by cruz outrunning the coverage.

GentleGiant
10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
it was a go route with no help for the corner over the top, i love cruz but there's 30+ receivers in the NFL that could have got a TD with that coverage.

a win is a win, there won't be an * beside that win for any reason.

You think it's our superiority that had us prevail, and to me in an imaginary world you replay that game from the beginning 10 times and both sides win it 5 times.

That's why it's called an "imaginary world". This isn't basketball dude. And no there isn't 30+ receivers in the NFL that could do that. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard.

You probably can't even name me 10 recievers that could do that. And they certainly wouldn't
be able to keep going. They'd probably fall at the catch.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm concerend about AB and what exactly sparked that meltdown.

I could be way off on this, but I think it's because he replacement is nipping at his heels