PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaws Tantrum

DemandedAce
10-21-2012, 05:13 PM
What caused him to flip out like that?? I couldn't hear at the bar but he was just losing it. Was it because we completely got away from the run game?

juice33s
10-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I think he was just trying to fire everyone up

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't know.
The announcers made it look like he was super duper upset with the team, but I don't know for sure..

Marvelousmik
when did he flip out? if ur talking about when him and TC was talking, he wasnt flipping out he was getting hyped up.

ny06
No one really knows. Some say cause they did not run the ball enough today. My opinion, he was amped about this game (division game) and sometimes your emotions take over.

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Don't know...he has had disappointments and won't likely find a better team to play for, nor much longer career so he needs to direct his angers only toward the opposing teams, not TC!

BMW
I would be mad if I was him, passing the ball on 3rd and 1 for 15 yds.

DVision
Looked like he was upset with Cruz for missing that block on that run because it looked like if he got that man Bradshaw had daylight. After that I'm not sure. Looked like he and Coughlin had something to say to each other.

Kez Simpson
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree, why are we throwing a slant on 1 and 10? Should have been running it down their throats! We were taking unnecessary risk in the passing game, first pick it look like Bennett and Eli weren't on the same page, second they disguised the coverage and spied the pick. I don't think Eli saw him at all, in any case, should have been running the ball more. Bradshaw was wearing them down, was scheduled to break one.

mickpeg
10-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Looked like he was upset with Cruz for missing that block on that run because it looked like if he got that man Bradshaw had daylight. After that I'm not sure. Looked like he and Coughlin had something to say to each other.

I agree totally. After the play, he smacked Cruz on the helmet and barked at him. If Cruz did make the block, Bradshaw was clear.

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I think he was just trying to fire everyone upI think it was a combo of that, and not getting the ball in certain situations from the few different views they showed. Either way I generally have to agree if those were the reasons for them.

Harooni
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Gilbride stepped on his pinky toe

Cloud57
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Wilson anyone?

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:27 PM
He and TC were jawing at each other ON THE FIELD and he cleary told Ingram to "get out of my face" after his TD was ruled good.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I think he was just fired up and showing emotion. Loved it. Loved when he smacked Cruz and Cruz was likie "damn man". LOL. Bradshaw wants to be the man, imho I love Bradshaw but I see the hate he gets... he bleeds Blue and is a true Captain of this team. If anything, when he does have his bad games--he's still always churning the wheels and fighting hard. Never have seen the guy give up, tap out, what have ya.

I can tell he was pissed that either A. Gilbride called a pass on that last Eli pick or B. Eli checked out and went pass when it was originally run. Either way he didn't get in anyone's face he just threw a fit on his own.

Gimaniac
10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Roid rage?

MikeSherrard
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
CRUZ MISSED A BLOCK. IF HE MADE THE BLOCK BRADSHAW WAS GONE!

Ruttiger711
Mountain out of ant hill - I saw it the same way as being fired up - not a tantrum.

It will get diffused immediately I think.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
He and TC were jawing at each other ON THE FIELD and he cleary told Ingram to "get out of my face" after his TD was ruled good.

I didn't see that get out of my face stuff but the exchange with Coughlin was a bit confusing. Were they having heated words or was it just a quick in the moment player/coach speak? Was Coughlin fired up with him and maybe yelling encouragement? No one knows other than them really. Regardless I wouldn't look in to it too much because Bradshaw has never quit on this team. Unlike some RBs we know.

penguinfarmer
10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm sure we'll find out in time. May be the next overblown storyline for the week.

BigBlue1971

i thought Ingram was firing AB up more! i didnt think it was a negative situation at that point!

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
On the draw play Bradshaw broke Cruz didnt even attempt to make a block...if he did Bradshaw probably take that to the house. Then from there it looked like he just wanted the ball and was pissed with the playcalling. I love the fire...but he doesnt have to smack Cruz and show him up like that, Thats not a good look.

jakegibbs
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
What caused him to flip out like that?? I couldn't hear at the bar but he was just losing it. Was it because we completely got away from the run game?

He was upset with Cruz for not blocking down field on the run. If Cruz had came back & made the crucial block there was not another Deadskin in site he may have taken that play to the prevable house. I've never seen him act that way in his career. But to his credit it seem the D picked up after his sideline rage. He actually struck Cruz on the back of the head if you watch the replay.

DragonSoul
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm sure we'll find out in time. May be the next overblown storyline for the week.I was waiting for the gif. Thanks... lol

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
when did he flip out? if ur talking about when him and TC was talking, he wasnt flipping out he was getting hyped up.

he and TC weren't getting hyped up together. that was 100% an argument.

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
On the draw play Bradshaw broke Cruz didnt even attempt to make a block...if he did Bradshaw probably take that to the house. Then from there it looked like he just wanted the ball and was pissed with the playcalling. I love the fire...but he doesnt have to smack Cruz and show him up like that, Thats not a good look.

+1

great post.

GMan-67
10-21-2012, 05:51 PM
yeah he was upset ... and then he just remained vocal for the rest of the game ... both positive and negative ... it was pretty weird, not that i havent seen him fired up before, but ...

and dont hit Cruz dude, he's not only a great WR, but he's like a good luck charm !!!

FBomb
10-21-2012, 05:55 PM
he and TC weren't getting hyped up together. that was 100% an argument.

I agree completly.

Cool Papa B.
10-21-2012, 06:05 PM
In TC's presser someone asked him about the exchange between him and AB, he said "that's between me and Ahmad....."

He was definitely pissed about something IMO. Either with TC, Gillbride, Cruz or all the above. And part of it is Bradshaw is a very tough, passionate dude.

appodictic
10-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I think he was a bit mad that the giants were throwing hte ball more. I think actually the giants were trying to protect him a bit. But it was widely reported that he was having "the same foot problems" again. Possibly he felt like that was not the case and that it made him look injury prone. He went out and specifically tweeted (which he does not rarely do) that he was 100% ready to go for this game. So maybe he felt that the 90 passed we through made him look like a liar.
I noticed afterwards he hugged cruz and probably told him he was sorry for over reacting.

Essentially maybe he needs to get fired up to play. Unlike eli who purposely never gets fired up about anything.

Tmurda1984
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Im glad Bradshaw hit Cruz and not Nicks...Nicks probably would of been out for a couple of weeks with a concussion.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Bradshaw hit Cruz?

GiantWarfare
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Im glad Bradshaw hit Cruz and not Nicks...Nicks probably would of been out for a couple of weeks with a concussion.

I lol'd...

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
It seemed clear he and TC were arguing. If, as has been said, he struck Cruz for a perceived mistaker, that's uncalled for.

Ruttiger711
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
He smacked him on the helmet - like "Come on man you HAVE to make that" this wasn't like cutler bumping and showing up his lineman.

appodictic
10-21-2012, 07:36 PM
It seemed clear he and TC were arguing. If, as has been said, he struck Cruz for a perceived mistaker, that's uncalled for. I liken it to the time Eli hit Bradshaw for missing a block in the saints game before he threw a pick.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Roid rage?

LOL This is exactly what was in my mind watching Bradshaw today.

I don't know about all this "firing the team up" and "emotion". Cruz may have missed a crucial block, but you don't take a swing at your own teammate. Especially somebody as important as Cruz. Can you imagine the embarassment if Cruz was stupid enough to retaliate? There would have been two blue jerseys going at it in the middle of the field!

Also - he seemed to be disrespectful towards the coaching staff. He is a player, and not above the rules his coaching staff puts on him. Emotion can be good yes, but too much of it is poisonous. He was making scenes left and right - and indicating a lack of discipline on his part. Hope he sorts that out as he is a big asset to the team and the Giants will not benefit from a key player going on weekly tirades.

Ruttiger711
10-21-2012, 08:16 PM

I don't know about all this "firing the team up" and "emotion". Cruz may have missed a crucial block, but you don't take a swing at your own teammate. Especially somebody as important as Cruz. Can you imagine the embarassment if Cruz was stupid enough to retaliate? There would have been two blue jerseys going at it in the middle of the field!

Also - he seemed to be disrespectful towards the coaching staff. He is a player, and not above the rules his coaching staff puts on him. Emotion can be good yes, but too much of it is poisonous. He was making scenes left and right - and indicating a lack of discipline on his part. Hope he sorts that out as he is a big asset to the team and the Giants will not benefit from a key player going on weekly tirades.

Took a swing at Cruz? you can make a point with out having to make stuff up.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Took a swing at Cruz? you can make a point with out having to make stuff up.

Make stuff up? You kidding me?

I'm not the only one who saw the punch to Cruz's helmet. Hence, "taking a swing". Even Cruz looked back and was like "WTF??".

Maybe Bradshaw is your favorite player - sorry but his actions were wrong. Maybe you felt that it was just a small love tap or nudge, but really it wasn't. It was a shot to the helmet of a teammate. Maybe he didn't intend for it to come out that way, but it was caught on camera. Hopefully somebody uploads it on youtube.

appodictic
10-21-2012, 08:31 PM

I'm not the only one who saw the punch to Cruz's helmet. Hence, "taking a swing". Even Cruz looked back and was like "WTF??".

Maybe Bradshaw is your favorite player - sorry but his actions were wrong. Maybe you felt that it was just a small love tap or nudge, but really it wasn't. It was a shot to the helmet of a teammate. Maybe he didn't intend for it to come out that way, but it was caught on camera. Hopefully somebody uploads it on youtube.

I am sure you are more upset about it then Victor Cruz. It might make a great chapter in his next book.

SackingMyths
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM

Weekly tirades?

Okay...

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
I am sure you are more upset about it then Victor Cruz. It might make a great chapter in his next book.

I'm sure you know how Victor Cruz feels.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Weekly tirades?

Okay...

Didn't mean he has been on weekly tirades. But if he continues this every week it will be a problem.

TextureDj
10-21-2012, 08:35 PM

It was a smack to the back of the head, it was not a punch.

Not a commendable thing to do, but not a punch by any means.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
It was a smack to the back of the head, it was not a punch.

Not a commendable thing to do, but not a punch by any means.

Po-Tay-Toe, Po-Tah-Toe.

Smack/punch/hit. Whatever it was - at least you agree its not something that should be done.

SackingMyths
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Didn't mean he has been on weekly tirades. But if he continues this every week it will be a problem.

This is his 6th season. Have you ever seen anything remotely comparable to the act in question from him? Benefit of the doubt, please.

By this "reasoning", you could argue that Eli punched Ahmad in the back for missing a block in the Saints game back in 09. But we know that's not the case.

It's just a teammate saying, "c'mon man...pick it up! You're better than that." Nuttin to see here

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:56 PM
This is his 6th season. Have you ever seen anything remotely comparable to the act in question from him? Benefit of the doubt, please.

By this "reasoning", you could argue that Eli punched Ahmad in the back for missing a block in the Saints game back in 09. But we know that's not the case.

It's just a teammate saying, "c'mon man...pick it up! You're better than that." Nuttin to see here

Oh I agree - I've never seen anything like that from AB in 6 seasons. That's why in my orig post I mentioned that I was thinking it could have been "roid rage" (NOTE: Just a loose thought and not really seriously intended, but he WAS more fired up than he's ever been)

Maybe you're right - but to me it seemed more aggressive than the one Eli did on Bradshaw before. And it was to the head. I'm sure the intention was to motivate Cruz, but apparently it wasn't taken that way initially by Cruz - as evidenced by the fact there was some sort of apology or moment of making up that was shown moments later when Bradshaw and Cruz were running back onto the field.

I just don't want the camaraderie of our players to be damaged by acts like these. That could spell the end of our season if our players have a falling out with each other.

jomo
10-21-2012, 09:01 PM
he and TC weren't getting hyped up together. that was 100% an argument.Yes that was an argument and AB was cranky for more than a quarter of the game. It wasn't over a missed block. It was not impressive to me. He made it all about him.

OX1
10-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I was yelling at them more than Bradshaw was, and it's his team.
I think he was just frustrated by the mistakes....................

gumby74
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
he should have smacked KG instead.

stormblue
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
he acted a total assbucket.....went brandon jacobs on everyone.
makes me wonder what they shot him up with to stop the foot pain.

it really looked like roid rage.

B&RWarrior
10-21-2012, 09:17 PM
I can unserstand Browns frustration. Think about it- on many pass plays he stays in to block and takes on LBs/DL that outwiegh him by at least 50 lbs, and yet he does it w/o fail and he doesn't shrink form the cast. He wants to see that kind of effort from people assigned to block for him on running plays. Football is an emotional game, sometimes we go overboard.

AB is our best back- BAR NONE!

jomo
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I can unserstand Browns frustration. Think about it- on many pass plays he stays in to block and takes on LBs/DL that outwiegh him by at least 50 lbs, and yet he does it w/o fail and he doesn't shrink form the cast. He wants to see that kind of effort from people assigned to block for him on running plays. Football is an emotional game, sometimes we go overboard.

AB is our best back- BAR NONE!Brown made one of the biggest offensive plays for us when he broke that screen pass for a fist down.

stormblue
10-21-2012, 09:29 PM

AB is our best back- BAR NONE!

that doesn't give him the right to act like a ******-bag to fellow
teammates and coaches.
nobody acted all punk on him when he coughed it up on the 1st play
of the game the other day.

he ain't the captain and he ain't the coach.

(and we're talkin' about bradshaw not brown)

CowboysSuck
10-21-2012, 09:40 PM
AB may have been a bit out of line. But this is an NFC East battle and emotions can get the better of all of us at one time or another. A quick talk, and this is history. Nothing to write home about guys...

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 09:40 PM
that doesn't give him the right to act like a ******-bag to fellow
teammates and coaches.
nobody acted all punk on him when he coughed it up on the 1st play
of the game the other day.

he ain't the captain and he ain't the coach.

(and we're talkin' about bradshaw not brown)

Agreed.

radar-ray
10-21-2012, 09:44 PM
he should have smacked KG instead. Ha!

appodictic
10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
In retrospect I like it more. The giants were playing pretty soft. All passing, a bunch of easy TDs that turned into FG's. A bunch of INTs that should have been running plays. Bradshaw might have went to far but then again, Do you remember rocketgate? He is smart he knows this is an important game. We needed a division win, being 0-3 in the division would have been really bad.

Also lets be real, Bradshaw wants to make a point he is a great running back. Eli and Cruz are getting tons of credit for that last TD but in reality cruz was pretty quite this game and Eli and the pass happy offence that put us in that hole.

GFiP
10-21-2012, 10:30 PM
After today Bradshaw has cemented himself as one of my favorite giants. Plays through injuries and actually cares about our performance on the field.

mike kennedy
10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
GIANT fans throw the same tantrum when Bradshaw makes those dumb cuts instead of following his blockers.

GiantRoc
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
I think most of us have played the game. It can get very emotional, especially in a big game. You can get over hyped. This was a frustrating game for the Giants. I think this was definately emotions running away with him. Did it go to far? Yes. Trouble ahead? No. These guys are a close knit group. I say they clear it up and move past it. Maybe even even helps the team grow. I say TC handles it on the inside. Not worried here.

NYGfanNC
10-21-2012, 11:11 PM
does anyone have a video of the play that set AB off?

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:22 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1596137/ahmadmad.gif

Yeah, that looks like arguing to me.

Rusty192
10-22-2012, 12:26 AM

Yeah, that looks like arguing to me.seems like a locker room cancer situation. The season is over...

JJC7301
10-22-2012, 12:31 AM
No one really knows. Some say cause they did not run the ball enough today. My opinion, he was amped about this game (division game) and sometimes your emotions take over.
No, he was upset about something. I have no idea, but he seemed upset.

TommyCuz519
10-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Ummm...I will watch the game again later this week, but my assumption was he was pissed off at the Chemistry of the Team (as a whole). Blocks were missed, Tackles were missed, Passes Dropped, Passes Picked, play calling wasnt working. I personally saw Bradshaw start opening his mouth after a bad play happened where even Coughlin was pissed.

After watching last years games, personally its kind of annoying how people keep saying how Washington swept us last year, its kind of emotional grudge against the skins. Bradshaw just wanted this win.

Bottom line....Bradshaw was just voicing his and TC's frustration. That video of TC and AB yelling? I think that emotions running high and they were both on the same page just looking to capitalize on that current drive. Bradshaw has been here since 2007, thats 5 years and 2 rings with TC. I think he knows better than to open his mouth "AT" TC. He was more than likely pumped in relation and understanding to Coughlin.

titwio
10-22-2012, 02:11 AM

Yeah, that looks like arguing to me.

Bradshaw didn't like Coughlin copping a feel.

DemandedAce
10-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Bradshaw didn't like Coughlin copping a feel.

lmao, good call

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 04:26 AM
The next drama.....

Atomic1
10-22-2012, 06:43 AM
IMO Bradshaw wanted the Ball more as 3 times on a 3rd and 1 the Giants threw incomplete and then had to punt. It also seemed like he was trying to fire guy's up to play harder as guy's seemed to get a bit lackadaisical . I have no problem with it