PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw should punch Gilbride in the face.

SuperNYGiants
10-21-2012, 06:15 PM
The madness of pass-happy lunacy has to stop.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 06:18 PM
yawn

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
the lunacy of fans hating gilbride has to stop more.

GmenFan1980
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Should Bradshaw also punch Eli? I would love to see how fast he would get fired for that.

I also love People who **** on Gilbride for every offensive mistake, but refuse to give him credit for the Offensive success.

Redeyejedi
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Giants average 30 points a game 2nd in the NFL

YATittle1962
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
the lunacy of fans hating gilbride has to stop more.

it really is comedy

sure....the guy doesn't call a perfect game every game but he is a top OC in the game today

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 06:24 PM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5000944681812870&pid=15.1

Harooni
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
the worst part about winning these games like this is that KG thinks he is a genius now. lol

penguinfarmer
10-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Ahmad Ryan?

Gimaniac
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
This is a pass first team. When they stuff the box, you throw more.

That 3rd & 1 was there, Eli missed it. Running it was no guarantee for a first down.

Yonks
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
For some reason, I imagined Bradshaw just upper cutting him and just started to laugh. Thanks bro!

thegiantsrule10
10-21-2012, 06:32 PM
We can find buddy ryan to punch him.

MikeSherrard
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
I think Gilbride is awesome! I love his agressivess!

I hate the old Jim Fassel conservative BS.

Go for the WIN!

CDN_G-FAN
10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I think Gilbride is awesome! I love his agressivess!

I hate the old Jim Fassel conservative BS.

Go for the WIN!

i think Gilbride is awesome too. I can't stand that despite evidence to the contrary, fans continue to hate on him and his offense which was essential in both of our SB seasons.

appodictic
10-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Guys get real. I don't hate on Gilbride but that game was called very very bad. A tied game, giants throwing INTS, and we are not down, and we just keep throwing. It was not gilbrides best day, we could have been up 14 at the end instead we are fighting for our lives. That game was almost miracle at meadowlands part 2 because we refused to run the clock.

GMenOnDeck
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Dont think people understand how much control Eli has presnap.

giantsforce
10-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Guys get real. I don't hate on Gilbride but that game was called very very bad. A tied game, giants throwing INTS, and we are not down, and we just keep throwing. It was not gilbrides best day, we could have been up 14 at the end instead we are fighting for our lives. That game was almost miracle at meadowlands part 2 because we refused to run the clock.Killdrive is a "genius". Our TD scoring production inside the 20 is second to none. Oh....wait, we cannot score TD's down there can we? You can imagine what we could accomplish is we are able to score at least 50% of the time inside the 20. However, we settle with FG's because Killdrive's playbook does not have anything imaginative for inside the 20.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Dont think people understand how much control Eli has presnap.

They understand, they just prefer dissing Gilbride who has had one losing season ONCE under TC. They find it pretty easy to say "HEY, that play sucked" after it didn't work

Cool Papa B.
10-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Ahmad Ryan?

LOL LOL LOL.....

hungrrrry
10-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Gilbride was not the issue in this game...Eli had a bad game...very bad...rgardless what the stats were

joemorrisforprez
10-21-2012, 08:11 PM
It's hard to tell which plays are designed to be running plays that Eli changes at the line.....so I don't want to bash Gilbride too much.

However......1st and 10 after RGIII fumble, time becoming a factor....up by a touchdown......I'm sorry, but that should be a running play. Thank God the defense had a rare good series and kept it to a field goal, because that was almost a disaster. Talking about just giving the game back to the Redkins.

Next series...still with the lead (shaved down to 4 because of the prior idiotic series)......3rd and 1...... instead of pounding it with Bradshaw or Brown to pick up the first and drive another nail in the coffin, they call a low-percentage sideline pass???..... Again, if that was the original playcall by Gilbride, it was a real headscratcher. That play makes no sense, period.

But hey, it's a win, and that's all that matters in the end.

I talked about this last week after the 49er game.....when the Giants stick with the run, their winning percentage if off the charts. Conversely, when the playcalling is so lopsided to the pass, bad things happen.

Thank God for Victor Cruz and for the Redskins turnovers.....because if today was decided strictly on playcalling, the Giants would have lost. How much of that playcalling was Gilbride, and how much of it was Eli, I don't know at this point.

Delicreep
10-21-2012, 08:17 PM
This is a pass first team. When they stuff the box, you throw more.

That 3rd & 1 was there, Eli missed it. Running it was no guarantee for a first down.

This post makes no sense at all.

The play we don't call is always, 100% of the time, guaranteed to have worked.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 08:25 PM

lol

DVision
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM

I can't believe more owners don't check our message boards when in need of an offensive coordinator ;)

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:44 PM
If you guys are mad about that first down INT that Eli threw, I think that was all on Manning. He changed the play pre-snap and threw a doomed ball. He didn't see the defender hanging around between him and Nicks. That's okay though - it happens. He had an off-game. Still came up big come crunch time and that's what matters.

I've hauled my share of Gilbride hate in the past - but I'm starting to realize the vast improvements on our offense when the personnel understand the scheme. I'm hoping the offensive core stays the same for the next 4 or 5 years as I believe we haven't seen our offense at its maximum potential yet.

sc_markt
10-21-2012, 08:44 PM

We got two Superbowls within 4 years under Gilbride and as such, I can't justify bashing his play calling now given his track record. He isn't going to be perfect, he never was. But he's good enough to win us Superbowls and that's what matters. (What pains me with this logic is, I have to be fair and apply it to Fewell as well because he got us one Superbowl win).

I do agree with you with the pass-happiness... I especially don't know why they were passing the ball when they had a 1 touchdown lead in the second half of the 4th quarter. If it was up to me, I would have ran the ball more to eat up the clock AND, I would have used Brown and Wilson more. I think Coughlin needs to grow some cajones and trust Wilson more. The guy is explosive when a hole forms in front of him...