PDA

View Full Version : Skins fans crying and moaning

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-21-2012, 06:52 PM
it's unbelievable, I was over in the espn forums,,refs cost them the game,,,giants are lucky,,RG111 is better than ELI,,yada, yada, yada. I say sour grapes man, deal with it, we do. If you didn't know about ELI in the 4th quarter, know you do.

brad
10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Probably wouldn't be much different on this board had the Giants lost... in fact there is quite a bit of complaining, and we won.

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 06:56 PM
it's unbelievable, I was over in the espn forums,,refs cost them the game,,,giants are lucky,,RG111 is better than ELI,,yada, yada, yada. I say sour grapes man, deal with it, we do. If you didn't know about ELI in the 4th quarter, know you do.

http://www.wallpaperss.com/wp-content/wallpaper/Facebook-Emoticons-3.jpg

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Probably wouldn't be much different on this board had the Giants lost... in fact there is quite a bit of complaining, and we won.

Amazing, isn't it? Who would think we'd have to have a suicide watch after a win

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Lol yes, a rookie quarterback is better than a 2 time winning Super Bowl champ.

nhpgiantsfan
10-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I will say that that leg whip penalty looked like a bad call to me. But who cares it was still re-play first down. The refs didn't fumble the next play, the Skins did.

brad
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Amazing, isn't it? Who wold think we'd have to have a suicide watch after a win

It's as if they expected to go in and the Skins would just lay down and take their beating without trying to win. If every game was an easy win, winning would be no fun.

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
every bad team can play a good game once in a while look at the Jets and Pats lol....

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 07:04 PM
It's as if they expected to go in and the Skins would just lay down and take their beating without trying to win. If every game was an easy win, winning would be no fun.

It's really an interesting approach when you hear all of the complaining. It is as though we had the only eleven players on the field. No one was playing defense or offense, just our guys out there by themselves.

brad
10-21-2012, 07:07 PM
It's really an interesting approach when you hear all of the complaining. It is as though we had the only eleven players on the field. No one was playing defense or offense, just our guys out there by themselves.

And the "offense against defense" blame threads take that to a whole new level... as if one can do it without the other

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Teams win and teams lose as a T E A M.

byron
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Amazing, isn't it? Who would think we'd have to have a suicide watch after a win yeah they didn't blow them out and didn't win pretty so they're mad ....

bhz12
10-21-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm just glad we won but if that leg whip penalty happened to us when we got a touchdown and the next play we fumbled, we would be calling for the refs heads as well cause that changed the whole momentum of the redskins who were about to have 3 consecutive scoring drives... GO GIANTS THO 5-2 :cool::cool::cool:

FrankAE
RG3 is half a season into his first year, hate all you want he's proving to be one of the biggest threats in the game. I hate the Giants have too play him twice a year. He had 3 4th down conversions, and made them look easy, without the turnovers skins win that game easy. Giants need to game plan better next game and show up like they are the biggest division threat.

I love the Giants, believe Eli and TC are Hall of Fame 1st ballot contenders but there's no doubt as RG3 matures he will be scary to face. He's deadly as a runner, and as accurate from the pockets as anyone, his arm strength is awesom and he does his current play without a #1 reciever. Giants are better and proved it, but RG3 is going to win plenty of these battles and one or two more pieces to the puzzle he'll get a ring. Dont forget he lost his leading target early. No excuse, but like us without Nicks it does hurt.

TheBookOfEli
The last team and their fans that said we got lucky, eli is lucky, blah blah blah were trashed in their home. Yeah that 49ers team learned their lesson.

They keep on talking that trash, we'll have something for them in the next meeting on MNF.

ELI_HOF_NYG
it was payback for that phantom head to head contact on osi on rodgers? against GB last year in the playoffs,,lol.

nycisgreat
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
The trash skin fans are talking about now make me dislike them even more. They are not quite on the level the Eagles fans IMO, but they are slowly creeping up there.

ac106fd
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Cam Newton was one of the "biggest threats in the game," last year.

RGIII looks great, but defenses will catch up to his game. The style that he plays will never succeed over the long haul, too many injury opportunities.

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 08:19 PM

RGIII looks great, but defenses will catch up to his game. The style that he plays will never succeed over the long haul, too many injury opportunities.

exactly. imho, aside from 3 or 4 passes, i wasnt impressed with rg3. its that gimmick offense. we seemed to bottle that up the 2nd half. kids gonna be good, maybe even great, but all the troubles he had today involved reading the defense and the pressure...that pistol spread, he's dynamite.
when he had to be a conventional qb, he looked avg. that late td pass to moss was an excellent throw. the potentials there, and i get why shannahans using this offense rg3 used at baylor, but ultimately ur doing him a disservice by not allowing him to make mistakes and learn from them as a prototypical pocket passer. all we hear is how rg3 is this pocket passer first than scrambler, well then let him read defenses etc. in that aspect i beliee luck is better than rg3 right now. but when/if rg3 can become the kind of qb who can read defenses and be lethal like eli, hes gonna be unstoppable

G.I. Ants
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM

RGIII looks great, but defenses will catch up to his game. The style that he plays will never succeed over the long haul, too many injury opportunities.RG3 is a smart and poised pocket qb, high accuracy, strong arm and super athletic. He is similar to Steve Young so sleep on this guy because he can make it happen as long as he doesn't suffer any major injuries.

ac106fd
10-21-2012, 08:51 PM
RG3 is a smart and poised pocket qb, high accuracy, strong arm and super athletic. He is similar to Steve Young so sleep on this guy because he can make it happen as long as he doesn't suffer any major injuries.

Look, I understand he is supremely talented, and I agree with your assessment of his skills. I live in the DC area and hear (everywhere) of the fantasticness that is RGIII. I just think this area is so starved for a great QB that they aren't looking at the obvious:
1) niche offense like the spread, pistol, or triple option don't work in then NFL; defenses are too quick and athletic
2) running QB's (and I get RGIII is pass first) don't survive long
3) let the guy develop and take his lumps, in the long run it will help his maturation immensely

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Look, I understand he is supremely talented, and I agree with your assessment of his skills. I live in the DC area and hear (everywhere) of the fantasticness that is RGIII. I just think this area is so starved for a great QB that they aren't looking at the obvious:
1) niche offense like the spread, pistol, or triple option don't work in then NFL; defenses are too quick and athletic
2) running QB's (and I get RGIII is pass first) don't survive long
3) let the guy develop and take his lumps, in the long run it will help his maturation immensely
perfectly said.
i get why shanny is running that kinda o, bc it gives them the best chance to win. but its actually a disservice to rg3. shannys gotta run an nfl offense, and let the kid make his mistakes. the great ones learn from them and dont repeat them. by coddling him in this spread option, he's basically a 1 read qb...i was impressed with maybe 3-4 plays rg3 made in terms of an nfl qb and not gimmick spread option qb. that int was an issue with reading the d. the sacks he took, he didnt feel the pressure.
all im saying, is if i was hc of rg3, i'd put him in my pro style offense. let him maturate. luck came into indy and is practically running peytons offense. IF rg3 can learn to be the kinda qb like eli presnap, he will be truly unstoppable. until then, he's a spread option gimmick qb

Die-Hard
10-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Amazing, isn't it? Who would think we'd have to have a suicide watch after a win

People complained immediately after the 2 most recent Super Bowl wins. Just goes to show ya what we're really dealing with LOL

CruzSoldier
10-21-2012, 09:05 PM
exactly. imho, aside from 3 or 4 passes, i wasnt impressed with rg3. its that gimmick offense. we seemed to bottle that up the 2nd half. kids gonna be good, maybe even great, but all the troubles he had today involved reading the defense and the pressure...that pistol spread, he's dynamite.
when he had to be a conventional qb, he looked avg. that late td pass to moss was an excellent throw. the potentials there, and i get why shannahans using this offense rg3 used at baylor, but ultimately ur doing him a disservice by not allowing him to make mistakes and learn from them as a prototypical pocket passer. all we hear is how rg3 is this pocket passer first than scrambler, well then let him read defenses etc. in that aspect i beliee luck is better than rg3 right now. but when/if rg3 can become the kind of qb who can read defenses and be lethal like eli, hes gonna be unstoppable

No way LUCK is bette rthan this kid, he is doing it all and what is luck doing......oh yeah losing games at home to the Jaguars and catching a break because Cleveland WR Morgan dropped
a sure touchdown for the browns today, that would have gave them the win. Luck and RG3 are on 2 different levels right now and RG3 is ahead in his developement by far.

The_ One
10-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Skins fans should thank their lucky stars that they finally got their franchise QB, the kid is the real deal, for a rockie that kid is poised, and with his skill set, he will be a nightmare for us and the rest of the NFL for many years to come. Can you imagine if he had the receiver we do, OMG, he pretty much beat us by himself today, plus to top it off, he is a good kid, and got his head on straight, I guess that's what happens when your mom and dad are military people.

jomo
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Second tier teams sweep away tend to sweep away everything that helped them and over emphasize everything that hurt them. I am sure that no one there suggested that they were the beneficiary of Eli's worst game in 4 years. Don't be surprised if we drub them in DC.

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
No way LUCK is bette rthan this kid, he is doing it all and what is luck doing......oh yeah losing games at home to the Jaguars and catching a break because Cleveland WR Morgan dropped
a sure touchdown for the browns today, that would have gave them the win. Luck and RG3 are on 2 different levels right now and RG3 is ahead in his developement by far.
i disagree. luck is breakng down defenses presnap. hes making throws w anticipation. he is also an athletic runner too. if rg3 doesnt learn to read d's, he'll be vick the 2nd. newton looked better than rg3 has last yr and look at him now. i get that theres always a new fad and rg3s the new one. and its merited bc he has a ton of skill.
but until he can run an nfl offense, im sorry i put luck ahead. u think washington could win a sb with the pistol spread????

edit-luck is already being given 2 plays to choose from every snap based on what the d is doing...rg3 has 1 key, the DE. if he crashes, rg3 keeps it, if the de contains, he hands it off. then from there, on passing plays, he again has only 1 key, that slant (and he still forced a terrible throw when it was obviously not there).
im not saying rg3 wont be epic, im saying right now, he's running a gimmick spread option offense, and until we see rg3 master being under center, knowing the d coverage, and knowing where to throw before its abundantly clear...lets hold off on sending him to canton

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Teams win and teams lose as a T E A M.

It was not one of our better efforts, especially Eli ........but we won, and lets move on......you cannot trounce every opponent

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Second tier teams sweep away tend to sweep away everything that helped them and over emphasize everything that hurt them. I am sure that no one there suggested that they were the beneficiary of Eli's worst game in 4 years. Don't be surprised if we drub them in DC.lol love it...great post.

brad
10-21-2012, 09:36 PM
It was not one of our better efforts, especially Eli ........but we won, and lets move on......you cannot trounce every opponent

I think he said that in response to my comment about the "defense vs offense" threads, agreeing that you win as a team and lose as a team... it isn't our offense against our defense. Essentially we were both saying what you said :)

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Skins fans should thank their lucky stars that they finally got their franchise QB, the kid is the real deal, for a rockie that kid is poised, and with his skill set, he will be a nightmare for us and the rest of the NFL for many years to come. Can you imagine if he had the receiver we do, OMG, he pretty much beat us by himself today, plus to top it off, he is a good kid, and got his head on straight, I guess that's what happens when your mom and dad are military people.No the NFL will be a nightmare for this kid if he doesn't start playing from the pocket.

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 09:49 PM
No the NFL will be a nightmare for this kid if he doesn't start playing from the pocket.

RG3 could become like Archie, wonderful in college and not well-adjusted in the NFL. But I don't think so. Once he gets a team around him, not that the team he has is not good, he will soar.

I wouldn't have cheered so loudly for him at Baylor if I had known he would become our Giants worst enemy.

NorwoodBlue
10-21-2012, 09:59 PM
RG III is a great athlete, it still remains to see if he'll be a great QB. It comes down to: does he catch on to the NFL better than the NFL catches on to him. I think he'll hit a rough patch where def coordinators figure out some wrinkles to throw at him, then it becomes a matter of whether or not he figures out ways around those wrinkles. If he continues to grow and adapt, he's going to be unstoppable; but, if the schemes they devise for him keep him confused, he'll probably fizzle out. He's supposed to be very intelligent, so I think he's got the advantage, and he's going to get better and better. That means that if you get a shot at him when he's out of the pocket running the ball, you'd better make it a good one. Beating him up may be the only way to stop him.

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RG3 could become like Archie, wonderful in college and not well-adjusted in the NFL. But I don't think so. Once he gets a team around him, not that the team he has is not good, he will soar.

I wouldn't have cheered so loudly for him at Baylor if I had known he would become our Giants worst enemy.ok but I'm telling you watch next week when he faces the Steelers and **** Labou sees what he does on film I am almost positive that defense will make him look silly and teams will have a blue print on this kid. DL is a defensive guru and usually does stop gimmicks in the NFL.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I drink their tears and bathe in their moans of misery. Making excuses is my lullaby.:cool:

FBomb
10-21-2012, 10:29 PM

I wouldn't have cheered so loudly for him at Baylor if I had known he would become our Giants worst enemy.

Had the same problem here in Syracuse with McChuckybutt and the Eagirls

miked1958
10-21-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm just glad we won but if that leg whip penalty happened to us when we got a touchdown and the next play we fumbled, we would be calling for the refs heads as well cause that changed the whole momentum of the redskins who were about to have 3 consecutive scoring drives... GO GIANTS THO 5-2 :cool::cool::cool:Im cool with it. We have had our fair share of horrible calls on potential TDs over past several years on both offense and defense. We had the Ballard TD taken away by a bad call. Jennings and Drivers TDs that should not have been. Fumbles that were reversed ala GB game when Tac was forced to challenge.. We have had our share of coming out on the bad side of these. For a change one went in our favor.

mike kennedy
10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Lol yes, a rookie quarterback is better than a 2 time winning Super Bowl champ.

They were saying the same about Cam Newton last year.

DandyDon
10-21-2012, 11:49 PM

They do have a point on that "leg sweep" personal foul. It was big momentum-wise and a bush-league penalty call byt the refs.

But those calls even out, and they lost more from the 3 turnovers than that penalty.

JJC7301
10-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Second tier teams sweep away tend to sweep away everything that helped them and over emphasize everything that hurt them. I am sure that no one there suggested that they were the beneficiary of Eli's worst game in 4 years. Don't be surprised if we drub them in DC.
Weeelll, Eli also had his worst games last year against the skins, so maybe they've just know how to scheme against him. Every QB has that team just gives them a harder time than others.

RGIII was very impressive, but getting our 1st look at him in person does help.

GIANTSED101
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
The skins are a pain in the @ss, for some reason they always play us tough. It's like the the Bucs always giving the Saints a run for their funny, it just happens. RG3 is going to be a very good QB. I think Shannahan might actually be hurting his developement by having him run the option so much. I agree with a lot of the other posters, they need to just let him loose and see where he's really at as far as his football IQ goes. I hated playing against Cunnigham, McNabb, and Vick and now it's even worse. RG3 has the potential to be a mixture of all of them and plus more and we have to deal with him for more years to come.