PDA

View Full Version : from reading these threads if i didnt watch the game, i would have thought we lost.

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Title speaks for itself. Im happy we are 5-2. cant say the same for the saints, packers and ravens. Even the texans looked really bad the other night. Enjoy the win. Not every game is going to look pretty. Its about how you finish.

Key word. "Finish". Stats are for losers.

FBomb
10-21-2012, 08:29 PM
finish

TheBookOfEli
10-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Exactly! On to Eli's second home....Dallas Stadium!

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
This is the bad side of a dominating win vs a good opponent. Some overzealous people start thinking that we will win like that every week and the NFL is easy.

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
I think everyone will take the win but it does tell you how ugly a win it was. They need to tighten up for next week. Washington ran all over them today.

alentown pa
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Title speaks for itself. Im happy we are 5-2. cant say the same for the saints, packers and ravens. Even the texans looked really bad the other night. Enjoy the win. Not every game is going to look pretty. Its about how you finish.

Key word. "Finish". Stats are flow losers.

lol are you new here or something???you will find some of the more negative fans in the NFL on this site.

BMW
People expect more from this team.

alentown pa
I think everyone will take the win but it does tell you how ugly a win it was. They need to tighten up for next week. Washington ran all over them today.

speaking of negative fans

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
This is the bad side of a dominating win vs a good opponent. Some overzealous people start thinking that we will win like that every week and the NFL is easy.True. I knew RG3 would make some plays. I'm more disappointed in how they defended the run game. They where horrible today.

Diamondring
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
speaking of negative fansI know. It is crazy around here.

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
I just looked at the standings. the ravens are also 5-2 but has struggled themselves.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

Harooni
10-21-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah its crazy pop the bubbly , forget how we did it we won. W is in the books.

BigBlue1971
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
it was an ugly win but it is a win nonetheless!

obviously they played well enough to win. its just that the skins thought they could stop Eli by stopping the run 1st!

the skins stopped the run to a degree but couldnt stop Eli....noone can! the Giants were no more than 70% throttle on either side of the ball!

the turnovers were key and they were just enough!

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM

You cant expect to play lights out every game. Every team has weaknesses and every team has things they need to work on. The patriots right now are in overtime with the jets. Just be happy with the win for now. We are 5-2 and are at the top of the division. We have another important game next week.

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I just looked at the standings. the ravens are also 5-2 but has struggled themselves.http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=leagueSeen some of their games this year and I wasn't really impressed. They didn't look like a very good 4-1 team before today and with losing two defensive starters last week they could start to slide.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
True. I knew RG3 would make some plays. I'm more disappointed in how they defended the run game. They where horrible today.

I hate pointing out someone's bad play but, for much of the 1st half we had kiwi in at SLB and he and Blackburn did NOT play well at all from the LB position. The way your beat that zone run offense is with good linebacker play and we did not have it.

In the 2nd half we put rivers in more at SLB and they played the run much better.

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I hate pointing out someone's bad play but, for much of the 1st half we had kiwi in at SLB and he and Blackburn did NOT play well at all from the LB position. The way your beat that zone run offense is with good linebacker play and we did not have it. In the 2nd half we put rivers in more at SLB and they played the run much better.Careful. A lot of Chase fans take offense if you say he didn't play good. Just kidding. I think Rivers needs to be playing a lot more the next time they play and it will help to have a healthy Williams back in the line up.

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Seen some of their games this year and I wasn't really impressed. They didn't look like a very good 4-1 team before today and with losing two defensive starters last week they could start to slide.

I bet on the texans today. The ravens in my opinion are very overrated right now. minnesota and the 49ers are also 5-2 but have shown the ability to struggle. This is why its all about finishing in tight games.

If you look at the whole picture, this is what i see.

Eagles 3-3
cowboys 3-3
redskins 3-4
Giants 5-2

I see a giant team that is struggling but also showing the ability to fight during close games just like last year. I see a team that plays 60 minutes of football no matter what. I see a defense that knows how to get turnovers regardless of the struggles.

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey, it's a win, but you still want to see more consistency. Never thought this would be a blow out, but it was just a sloppy game. The defense couldn't make a stop in the 1st half. In the second half when they made a stop or forced a TO the offense couldn't move the ball or they turned it back over.

DJloves
10-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Isn't the Skins offense ranked 4th in league before this week?

How do you think the Texans fans felt when their undefeated team got absolutely hammered by the Packers? And the Ravens this week got whooped.

A win is a win. We can't always dominate, and there are a lot more dynamic offenses in the league right now than defenses. The Skins average 29 a game... we held them to 23.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 09:25 PM
I seem to recall the same kinds of laments as we entered the playoffs with a 9-7 record

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I seem to recall the same kinds of laments as we entered the playoffs with a 9-7 recordReally? I don't remember it that way. They closed the season out pretty well. Now during the season yes, there where some ugly wins but again, they where wins.

Kez Simpson
10-21-2012, 09:29 PM
These fantasy football Giants fans around here... If we put up 27 or more consistently against decent teams, then you can hardly call it ugly. We need to clean up some of the turnovers sure, but this is a team that shemackled us twice last year with Rex Gross"Mypants"man! Now they have a legitimate Qb, and we are giving them problems. I think we took a step forward.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Really? I don't remember it that way. They closed the season out pretty well. Now during the season yes, there where some ugly wins but again, they where wins.

Today was a win but by some accounts maybe not :D

You're just one of those annoying perennially positive posters

Buddy333
10-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Today was a win but by some accounts maybe not :DYou're just one of those annoying perennially positive postersIt was exciting at the end. Seriously I'd just like to see more consistency. They where not going to totally shut hem down, but both sides where making mistakes today. I think they also missed Williams.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Of course we are all happy that we won...when u watch that game though it shouldn't have been that close. We stopped ourselves from putting the game away. A more experienced team and we dont get that win.

-Eli's to cruz missed TD on the slant which would have put us up 4 points.

-Eli's INT in which we were in FG range.

-Of course Eli's INT in the 4th.

-The playcalling in general was terrible in the 4th.

Look again IM happy with the win. It was big for us and kept us from going 0-3 in the division.

Yes it's an exciting win but it easily could have been a blown opportunity....and it would have been due in no part to our own mistakes.

Again Good Win...Go Big Blue!

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 09:40 PM
It was exciting at the end. Seriously I'd just like to see more consistency. They where not going to totally shut hem down, but both sides where making mistakes today. I think they also missed Williams.

I understand that, but for people who really follow the Giants is this kind of win so out of the norm? I agree about Williams. His speed might have had a significant impact on their running game.

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Of course we are all happy that we won...when u watch that game though it shouldn't have been that close. We stopped ourselves from putting the game away. A more experienced team and we dont get that win.

Look again IM happy with the win. It was big for us and kept us from going 0-3 in the division.

Yes it's an exciting win but it easily could have been a blown opportunity....and it would have been due in no part to our own mistakes.

I can probably name you more mistakes that the redskins made. But what you said is understandable. May not be the prettiest win but its a win. Too bad some posters are making it seem as though we lost.

Die-Hard
10-21-2012, 09:54 PM

Thats the worst part. People here have unrealistic, overblown expectations of this team, which is why after a loss, this board is literally unbearable to read. 2 Super Bowls in 4 years is just not good enough, and it's embarrassing.

Win, and they have something to brag about to their friends, and the word REPEAT is stuck in their fevered brains
Lose, and this is the worst team in the NFL, the whole staff needs to go, and the whole team needs to be cut

GentleGiant
10-21-2012, 10:04 PM

"People" are stupid. The patriots are 4-3 and almost lost to the *^&^%^% JETS!!

The packers lost to a colts team that they should have blown out.

The ******* saints for god sakes are 2-4.

The steelers are 2-3

The Ravens got embarrassed by a texans team.

We have a better record than the steelers, patriots, saints, packers, and bears.

These are all teams that "people" expected more from. So don't whine and complain just because the redskins actually wanted to win too.

"People" should quit being spoiled and expecting a perfect season every year.

GentleGiant
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM

Soooooooooooooo what's your point.

You realize that EVERY single one of those stats means absolutely zip?

Eli threw way more INT in the bucs game and guess what? We still won.

I could name WAYYYYYYY more mistakes the redskins made(4 turnovers and allowing Cruz to get ahead). But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO we have to talk about Eli's 2 totally pointless INT.

If we had kicked that field goal when Eli threw the INT, it still wouldn't have mattered. Why are we so mad that we didn't get the 3 points out of what could have been a FG. The only reason that would make sense is if we wanted to talk trash "hehehhe we won by 3 more points than we would have"

It was an INT that brady,rodgers, brees, would throw too.

I get it. The 2nd INT was a dumb one. So what? Did it change the game? NO. Eli was still going to have that 4th quarter comeback no matter what the score was. Did it contribute to the last minute drive that RG3 had? NO.

Eli's throw INT? Ok. He fixes it over the week and they go on to play dallas(a team that sucks at turning it over).

Defense can't stop the run? Ok. We're not playing RG3 next week. We're playing romo and their running game(very similar to the 9ers which we dominated all day).

Not running it enough? They probably thought since it was such a bad secondary they could throw it alot(it actually worked at times). They go on to dallas and relocate themselves and run it more.

gumby74
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Thats the worst part. People here have unrealistic, overblown expectations of this team, which is why after a loss, this board is literally unbearable to read. 2 Super Bowls in 4 years is just not good enough, and it's embarrassing.

Win, and they have something to brag about to their friends, and the word REPEAT is stuck in their fevered brains
Lose, and this is the worst team in the NFL, the whole staff needs to go, and the whole team needs to be cut

It isn't easy winning ugly every other time. We're notorious for it. The ESPN guys were just laughing at us about it. Congratulating us. But it is what it is. We "almost lose" 7 times a season. And that's pretty much fact. It's hard to be confident when your team is walking that fine line week in and week out.

Die-Hard
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
It isn't easy winning ugly every other time. We're notorious for it. The ESPN guys were just laughing at us about it. Congratulating us. But it is what it is. We "almost lose" 7 times a season. And that's pretty much fact. It's hard to be confident when your team is walking that fine line week in and week out.

You are preaching to the choir, my friend. I've been a fan of this team for my entire life(3rd generation). Its rarely ever pretty, or easy, but it's still a win, and wins are all I'm concerned with as a fan of this team. I'd LIKE them to win every game, but thats not realistic, is it? After all, the other teams are full of guys getting paid to win games, right? They have pride too, dont they? A win is a win. Enjoy it, whether it's ugly or not.

Better than half of the posters on this board are not realistic about this team. They have insane expectations, and they believe the 2012 Giants are unstoppable and should not lose to anyone, and when they do, it's unnerving around here to say the least.

My point is, be confident if you must, but dont be OVER-confident. We have a very good team on our hands, but they are going to lose games. I've accepted that, which is why you dont see me here after a loss, screaming and yelling like a deranged baboon.

gumby74
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM

You are preaching to the choir, my friend. I've been a fan of this team for my entire life(3rd generation). Its rarely ever pretty, or easy, but it's still a win, and wins are all I'm concerned with as a fan of this team. I'd LIKE them to win every game, but thats not realistic, is it? After all, the other teams are full of guys getting paid to win games, right? They have pride too, dont they? A win is a win. Enjoy it, whether it's ugly or not.

Better than half of the posters on this board are not realistic about this team. They have insane expectations, and they believe the 2012 Giants are unstoppable and should not lose to anyone, and when they do, it's unnerving around here to say the least.

My point is, be confident if you must, but dont be OVER-confident. We have a very good team on our hands, but they are going to lose games. I've accepted that, which is why you dont see me here after a loss, screaming and yelling like a deranged baboon.

Yes sir. I completely agree.

giantsforce
10-21-2012, 11:34 PM

Lose, and this is the worst team in the NFL, the whole staff needs to go, and the whole team needs to be cutIf by expecting my team to play consistently good football win or lose is unrealistic and overblown, so be it. But do not tell me that this team plays to its potential week in and week out. Getting down to the level of your opponent is the embarrasing thing.

SackingMyths
10-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Being able to win games where you don't play your best is what separates the great teams from the rest of the pack

Enjoy the win, people!

mike kennedy
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Typical Washington/NY conference game. I will take the win but we are 1 long touchdown away from ...A) talking about how the secondary stood buy as RGIII manhandled them in the final minutes and B) talking about the 200+yards of rushing by the Skins.

JB456
10-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Typical Washington/NY conference game. I will take the win but we are 1 long touchdown away from ...A) talking about how the secondary stood buy as RGIII manhandled them in the final minutes and B) talking about the 200+yards of rushing by the Skins.

Not a pretty game at all. Eli was clearly off from the beginning and we yet continuously air it out and didn't even really attempt to establish the run. RG3 was very good but he wouldn't have been half as effective if the skins run game wasn't beasting all over us.

Oh yeah, wtf happened to giving Wilson more touches? Did he get one touch besides his return responsibilities?

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Soooooooooooooo what's your point.

You realize that EVERY single one of those stats means absolutely zip?

Eli threw way more INT in the bucs game and guess what? We still won.

I could name WAYYYYYYY more mistakes the redskins made(4 turnovers and allowing Cruz to get ahead). But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO we have to talk about Eli's 2 totally pointless INT.

If we had kicked that field goal when Eli threw the INT, it still wouldn't have mattered. Why are we so mad that we didn't get the 3 points out of what could have been a FG. The only reason that would make sense is if we wanted to talk trash "hehehhe we won by 3 more points than we would have"

It was an INT that brady,rodgers, brees, would throw too.

I get it. The 2nd INT was a dumb one. So what? Did it change the game? NO. Eli was still going to have that 4th quarter comeback no matter what the score was. Did it contribute to the last minute drive that RG3 had? NO.

Eli's throw INT? Ok. He fixes it over the week and they go on to play dallas(a team that sucks at turning it over).

Defense can't stop the run? Ok. We're not playing RG3 next week. We're playing romo and their running game(very similar to the 9ers which we dominated all day).

Not running it enough? They probably thought since it was such a bad secondary they could throw it alot(it actually worked at times). They go on to dallas and relocate themselves and run it more.
It's a ****ing message board...thats the point to discuss the game!! IM happy to get the win but IM gonna discuss my views on the game.

My point was those kinds of stupid self inflicted mistakes will cost us against more seasoned teams. I dont care how many mistakes the skins made...IM not a fan of their team, IM a Giants fan! I dont mind if we play a tough team down to the wire, however if we have a team that can be put away and they stay in the game because of stupid mistakes we are making IM gonna talk about it.

I really gotta address why I would have wanted a FG instead of a INT? It's not about bragging we scored 3 more points...it's about putting teams away!! Thats FG couple with a Cruz TD coulda been 7 points and no late game heroics...and no us having to sweat to the last minute. I already know being a Giants fan is gonna take some years off my life...Go Big Blue!

Toadofsteel
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Here's the problem with an ugly win: the opposing team's fans won't ever shut up about it. The skins are going to claim forever that we "got lucky" on this game. Just like the niners did last season. You don't hear them saying we "got lucky" anymore though, since we absolutely levelled them...

GIANTSED101
10-22-2012, 12:38 AM
It was a good win with horrible play on both sides of the ball. Next time we play the Redskins I'll expect it to be better. The D clamped down when they needed and Eli came through when it counted.

DandyDon
10-22-2012, 12:59 AM

Key word. "Finish". Stats are for losers.

Well, this IS the Giants message boards...I'm just suprised you are suprised ;-).

I'm not surprised we got run on so bad; we always have problems defending mobile QBs.

But bottom line, if Eli does not throw those 2 pics, this game is NOT CLOSE.

GIANTSED101
10-22-2012, 01:12 AM
People spend so much time complaining and crying and what they don't realize is that the Giants once again are slowly putting them selves in position to win games a potentially repeat as champions. As long as we keep winning and everyone else gets all the pub, I'm fine with that.

I would like to point out one thing that I noticed today. It actually seems like Nicks being in is kind of messing up Eli's timing a little. I know Nicks still is 100% but it just seems like his lack of burst is messing up the timing between them.