PDA

View Full Version : Cruz or Nicks, for me it's easy

gmenfan0488
10-21-2012, 08:29 PM
If, for some awful reason we could only keep one of our two receivers, it'd be Cruz. Simply because Nicks is injury prone. Both guys have amazing talent and can kill defenses, but with Nicks' injury troubles, if we could only keep one, it'd be Cruz. If Nicks were 100%, our offense would be near unstoppable.

Kez Simpson
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM
We will keep both, it would be stupid to let Harkeem and his sure hands go, or Salsa Cruz. They will get rid of some other overpaid starters first.

GoDeep80
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
That's hard

Nicks- Physical recievr that can win against any corner on the line, great at catching in traffic, great blocker, and a deep threat

or

Cruz- Has a superior understanding of the offense and great chemistry with Eli, outstanding route runner, uncoverable in the slot, 3rd down machine, and one of the best deep threats in today's game..

One guy is an all around receiver while the other is an all around RECEIVER if you can understand what that means.

gmenfan0488
10-21-2012, 08:46 PM
We could let Osi go if we needed the cap space.

DownWitJPP
10-21-2012, 10:15 PM
We could let Osi go if we needed the cap space.

Osi's contract is up after this year

and I wouldn't want to be the one to make that decision. Both of them are such dynamic players that feed off each other. We need to do everything we can to keep them together

Moke
10-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I really feel like Randle could step like Nicks eventually..... call me crazy.

I'd tend to say Cruz because I love his speed and finesse, but damn how much I just love the both of them.

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
We have to keep both. No question.

nycsportzfan
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Thats a tough one, just because of the durability concerns for Nicks.. If Nicks wasen't injury prone, i'd go Nicks all day long, but he does, and for that reason i'd go with Cruz..

TheEnigma
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Keeping both...You guys realize how expensive that will be against the cap, right?

VBGiantsFan
10-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Its not even debateable. We keep Cruz 100%. He has game changin speed and agility something Nicks just doesnt have. They are the perfect complement for one another but Cruz needs to be a Giant for life.

DandyDon
10-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Its not even debateable. We keep Cruz 100%. He has game changin speed and agility something Nicks just doesnt have. They are the perfect complement for one another but Cruz needs to be a Giant for life.

I agree. Want both, love Nicks, but Cruz and Eli are locked in. Did you hear the stat Aikman gave about Cruz leading the league the past coupla years in third down completions? Best slot receiver in the league.

RagTime Blue
10-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I think some other team is going to throw money at Hakeem that JR's not going to match.

And as far as extensions go, why would JR do something like that, when he doesn't know where Nicks will be physically?

GiantRoc
10-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Cruz is always there. He scores more and breaks more long plays. I definitely want both, and I hope we do all we can to keep them. If I had to choose 1 I'd say Cruz.

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 04:24 AM
Cruz is a great slot receiver, can really cause some headaches!!!!

GMan-67
10-22-2012, 04:32 AM
i despise these threads, Cruz is an RFA

it's like the only way to trash the team sometimes is to use the angle of HEY, MAYBE WE WILL RUN OUT OF MONEY, so be careful enjoying your heros

have you ever noticed everything changes from one week to the next in the NFL ???? ... looking past next week is stoopid, looking a year or more down the road is about as dumb as dumb gets

go be a bean counter on some biz web site

and either enjoy your Giants ... Super Bowl Champ Giants ...

or get a new hobby !!!!!

shockeyisjesus
10-22-2012, 04:33 AM
There is absolutely no way in hell you get rid of Victor freaking Cruz. Give him a max contract. He is worthy every penny. A slot guy that can line up at literally any spot on the field and absolutely destroy double coverage, much less single coverage, is invaluable. Nicks is a big solid possession WR but he's always banged up and he doesn't have that top end speed anymore.

I love both of them and pray we are able to keep them both since we did let Manningham go (man was that ever the right call!) but if we can only afford one (which again, I hope is NOT the case), you HAVE to keep Victor Cruz. He is one of the top 10, maybe even top 5 WR's in the league right now. Hell, he might even be top 2 or 3 along with Calvin Johnson. Fitzgerald, as good as he is, is having a HORRIBLE year and Johnson has either 0 or 1 Td's so far this year.

Right now, Cruz is unstoppable. Pay that man his money! http://cdn2.odigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/teddy-kgb-pay-that-man-his-money1.jpg

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Nicks is more than a possession receiver, man come on. Look the post season he had last year possession receivers don't blow games open like that. The guy is a legitimate game changer, yes he get hurts but the guy takes some big hits on a regular basis. It kills me when people blame a guy for getting hurt, it wasn't his fault that Mark Barron jumped and landed on the same leg he had surgery on.

Rod-Diggity
10-22-2012, 08:05 AM
I think these two are the best duo in the league because they compliment each other so well. One has better attributes than the other and both are deep threats also both are very clutch. It's basically pick your poison with them cuz you can't cover both and if your do we got hixon. We def. Gotta keep both no question. It's so rare to have 2 wideouts that share the same amount of chemistry with the qb, like we really have 2 number 1's it's crazy

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 08:14 AM
If you could only keep one (a distinct possibility) I'd keep Cruz.

More dependable (combined performance and injury history).

JB456
10-22-2012, 08:18 AM
If, for some awful reason we could only keep one of our two receivers, it'd be Cruz. Simply because Nicks is injury prone. Both guys have amazing talent and can kill defenses, but with Nicks' injury troubles, if we could only keep one, it'd be Cruz. If Nicks were 100%, our offense would be near unstoppable.

Before the season, I said Nicks all the way but you are right. Nicks does have some injury concerns and the is a HUGE factor in football.

flimflam
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
That's hard

Nicks- Physical recievr that can win against any corner on the line, great at catching in traffic, great blocker, and a deep threat

or

Cruz- Has a superior understanding of the offense and great chemistry with Eli, outstanding route runner, uncoverable in the slot, 3rd down machine, and one of the best deep threats in today's game..

One guy is an all around receiver while the other is an all around RECEIVER if you can understand what that means.

Yeah man. I wouldn't want to have to choose between those two. I think it would be easier to put a gun to my head. They both are execeptional in what they do. Nick, like you said it physical and sure handed. Cruz is impossible to cover and flat out flies. We better keep them both.

Mercury
10-22-2012, 08:48 AM
All I know is that it is going to be hard to keep all the talent we have after winning back to back superbowls! ;)

I hope Cruz and Nicks realize how important Eli and each other are to their own success and are willing to stay Giants.

nhpgiantsfan
10-22-2012, 09:03 AM
It's very easy for people to swing the pendulem to Cruz right now while Nicks is recovering from his injury. This is a very "what have you done for me lately, attitude". But when Nicks was healthy last year people were calling him the number 3 receiver in the league. There is no reason to have this debate right now during the season. It seems like one of these threads pops up every week. In a couple weeks Nicks will go off again like ge did against Tampa and there will be a thread calling him the number 2 receiver in the league. They are both great. Let's wait and see how it plays out. It's a great problem to have.

Napstew
10-22-2012, 09:09 AM
It's the same thing everytime, lol. Anytime a player is having a moment the everyone jumps on his bandwagon. If Cruz has a sh&&& game and Hakeem dominates a game, it's going to be "Hakeem is the man". But right now, Cruz is dominating so of course, everyone is favoring him.

Ruttiger711
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
I really feel like Randle could step like Nicks eventually..... call me crazy.

I'd tend to say Cruz because I love his speed and finesse, but damn how much I just love the both of them.

ok - you are crazy. :) RR had a good single game so far and I think he can be a solid receiver for us, but i havent seen anything near the talent level that Nicks has.

BigBlue1971
10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Cruz would be my choice to keep at this point! hes a top 5 receiver in the league and that in itself is an outstanding accomplishment for a 3rd year undrafted free agent.

Nicks' injuries are the only issue with him. although he hasnt been injured "that" much he has suffered the last coupla years. those injuries are magnified when stacked against Cruzs success!

i hate to say it but Nicks injury history may be a plus for us in keeping him a few more years!

RoanokeFan
10-22-2012, 09:25 AM
If we lose either of them the 1 left will be diminished unless Randle is the answer

berya
10-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Man I don't know for my money it's Nicks with Cruz being a close second. Nicks is simply the best receiver I've seen on the Giants in the last 20+ years with Cruz being a close second. They just happen to come along at the same time. All I know is they better figure out a way to keep them both.

RoanokeFan
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Man I don't know for my money it's Nicks with Cruz being a close second. Nicks is simply the best receiver I've seen on the Giants in the last 20+ years with Cruz being a close second. They just happen to come along at the same time. All I know is they better figure out a way to keep them both.

I think he will engineer keeping them both. I am expecting some movement before the BYE week in an attempt at contract extension for at least one of them.