PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Harrison on Eli Manning

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Rodney Harrison on #Giants QB Eli Manning: “Eli is the best quarterback in the NFL...(better than) Rodgers, Brady. Better than all of them.”

BigBlueAllDay
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
He also said the Giants were too inconsistent to repeat last Sunday night after a convincing victory over the 49ers. Another football commentator that just getting paid to go with the flow sorta like Terry Bradshaw.

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
in before the "can't you go one day w/o saying eli is the best. if anyone says otherwise we get called haters."

nah but thats awesome. i agree

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Haha yeah, just weird coming from him.

TheBookOfEli
10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow, that's great to hear from a former Patriot!

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Rodney Harrison on #Giants QB Eli Manning: “Eli is the best quarterback in the NFL...(better than) Rodgers, Brady. Better than all of them.”

I think he is better than brees. But It would be hard for me to say he is a better Quarterback than rodgers, brady, and peyton. That is high praise coming from a former pats player though

Eliscruzzz
10-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Very cool RH has been a closet Giants supporter and deep down I think he respects the progression Eli has made. A lot of QB would have been so scared to throw that deep ball to Cruz after 2 ints not Eli and that's why he is the best...nothing bothers this man.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I think he is better than brees. But It would be hard for me to say he is a better Quarterback than rodgers, brady, and peyton. That is high praise coming from a former pats player thoughYeah, that's why I thought it was weird. Can't complain though haha.

Marvelousmik
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
He also said the Giants were too inconsistent to repeat last Sunday night after a convincing victory over the 49ers. Another football commentator that just getting paid to go with the flow sorta like Terry Bradshaw.

+1

TextureDj
10-21-2012, 08:39 PM
He also said the Giants were too inconsistent to repeat last Sunday night after a convincing victory over the 49ers. Another football commentator that just getting paid to go with the flow sorta like Terry Bradshaw.Yeah, but its been longer than my life time since "the flow" lead any announcer to say a Giants quarterback was the best in the league. I'll take it.

SLUNK(three)AM
10-21-2012, 08:44 PM
LOL Love how he just kinda chucked Brady out of there. That must not feel good for his former QB. Eli in crunch time is when he's the best in the NFL. There are times he misses things and makes bad decisions, like that first down INT - but it happens to everybody. With 2 mins left, though, he is the most dangerous player on the field.

RoanokeFan
10-21-2012, 08:53 PM
The guys on the FOX pregame show are all saying the sdame thing especially in terms of who you want on your team in the clsoe game in teh 4th Q

m0rbid1
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
In the 4th quarter, no one is better than Eli. Brady probably comes close but Eli just makes it look too easy.

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
LOL Love how he just kinda chucked Brady out of there. That must not feel good for his former QB. Eli in crunch time is when he's the best in the NFL. There are times he misses things and makes bad decisions, like that first down INT - but it happens to everybody. With 2 mins left, though, he is the most dangerous player on the field.

Absolutely

jomo
10-21-2012, 08:56 PM
He also said the Giants were too inconsistent to repeat last Sunday night after a convincing victory over the 49ers. Another football commentator that just getting paid to go with the flow sorta like Terry Bradshaw.Pretty much the truth. Way overpaid to say blah blah blah. Don't give him much credit for pros or cons.

B&RWarrior
10-21-2012, 09:03 PM
If I were going to say Eli was the best QB in the game I wouldn't be using this game as evidence of this greatness. This might have been the worst game he played all year. I'm just glad we pulled out a game when our top dog (Eli) wasn't on his game.

jomo
10-21-2012, 09:04 PM
If I were going to say Eli was the best QB in the game I wouldn't be using this game as evidence of this greatness. This might have been the worst game he played all year. I'm just glad we pulled out a game when our top dog (Eli) wasn't on his game.Probably the worst game Eli has played in 3 or 4 years.

titwio
10-21-2012, 09:06 PM
He's saying this to alleviate the concerns he still has for giving up the play to David Tyree in the SB. It makes him feel better knowing he gave up the play of his career to "the best QB in the NFL".

Call me cynical but I'm not buying anything I hear from that guy.

Flip Empty
10-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Rodney heaped praise on Eli before and after XLVI. It isn't a surprise to see him come out and say that.

In the 4th quarter, no one is better than Eli. Brady probably comes close but Eli just makes it look too easy.

Brady comes nowhere close. Ever since his injury he's struggled to close out games.

GentleGiant
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Probably the worst game Eli has played in 3 or 4 years.

You haven't seen Eli's old games have you?

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 09:29 PM
If I were going to say Eli was the best QB in the game I wouldn't be using this game as evidence of this greatness. This might have been the worst game he played all year. I'm just glad we pulled out a game when our top dog (Eli) wasn't on his game.
thats just the thing, an example, golf is a game not of your best shots but of your worst ones. this was a pretty bad performance from eli imho, and it was still good enough for 330 and a GW TD...

Flip Empty
10-21-2012, 09:51 PM
All quarterbacks make mistakes, but the best ones are able to rectify them. He's done that twice this season now.

jax5338
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
agreed but i think it tells you something that in his 2 worst games this year statistically (today vs. WASH and vs TB) he made big plays at the end to win them both.

jax5338
10-21-2012, 10:08 PM
i mean in terms of turnovers and general sloppiness btw

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 10:09 PM

I agree but he has had a few bad games this year.......I'm not sure what is going on with him

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I agree but he has had a few bad games this year.......I'm not sure what is going on with himNo he hasn't..

JJC7301
10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
But they ARE inconsistent. That's who they've always been. Doesn't mean they're bad, but inconsistent.

Rusty192
10-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Probably the worst game Eli has played in 3 or 4 years.And he still throws a game winner which was one of the prettiest balls I have seen in while. I betcha most fans would love to say that their QB had that kind of 'bad' day lol

GreenZone
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
It's probably part of Rodney's career advice. You know, the one that goes: throw your former quarterback under the bus/ have a unique opinion. Get people talking about you.

Maybe he's going to be auditioning for "Today" soon?

TheEnigma
10-21-2012, 11:07 PM

I'd say the Titans left-handed lob pass that was taken back for a pick six was much worse or even the Eli slide and fumble play against the Eagles. Just classic pie-in-the-face moments.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Seattle last year was bad..so were the 2 Redskin games last year.

JB456
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM

I don't know why he would be heaping praise on Eli after this game. I know he was clutch at the end but he was really off today. Hopefully, he gets back to form next week.

xitvp
10-21-2012, 11:15 PM
I agree but he has had a few bad games this year.......I'm not sure what is going on with him

What do you mean what's going on with him? He's been one of the best QB's in the league this year. We're 5 - 2.......He has over 2,000 yards passing with 12 TD's and 7 INT's all with a plethora of injuries to WR's and the Oline....He's been our MVP by a mile.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't know why he would be heaping praise on Eli after this game. I know he was clutch at the end but he was really off today. Hopefully, he gets back to form next week.

That's probably why he thinks he's the best. Just a guess..

JB456
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM

I'm not bashing him. Eli himself at the press conference said he needs to do better. This game shouldn't have been that close. Giants left a lot of points on the board.

Also, defense was pretty bad today also. 250 on the ground? That's bad. 4th and 10 to seal it? That's bad.

There was plenty of badness going around. Its just Eli is the most visible due to his position.

DemandedAce
10-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Damn your logical and rational thinking Rudy!

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd say the Titans left-handed lob pass that was taken back for a pick six was much worse or even the Eli slide and fumble play against the Eagles. Just classic pie-in-the-face moments.
that titans leftie toss int was a touchback. it was almost as bad a pick 6 bc it happened when we were on their like 2 yd line

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm not bashing him. Eli himself at the press conference said he needs to do better. This game shouldn't have been that close. Giants left a lot of points on the board.

Also, defense was pretty bad today also. 250 on the ground? That's bad. 4th and 10 to seal it? That's bad.

There was plenty of badness going around. Its just Eli is the most visible due to his position.I understand that, but you can't ignore that Eli came through when we needed it. Does he need to play better? Of course he needs to play better, most definitely.

TheEnigma
10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
that titans leftie toss int was a touchback. it was almost as bad a pick 6 bc it happened when we were on their like 2 yd line

I must be thinking of another game then. I know there was a game where we were in the red zone and then Eli gave the opposing team a pick six. I want to say it was against an AFC team.

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Damn your logical and rational thinking Rudy! Logical and Rationale University is where I attend.

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
lol he didnt have a bad day as much as it was some bad plays. 26/40 330 yds and a td...but the 2 ints, a missed throw to cruz that shoulda been an easy TD. also, on the play cruz scored on, eli overthrew cruz on a similar play in the 1rst. he missed some throws. but for like 28 other teams, today woulda been a very good qb performance. we just expect better bc of what eli has shown us.

its literally to the point where ppl make a stink about 2 ints when he did all that other stuff AND we won bc it better be perfection or close to or ur gonna hear about it

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
I must be thinking of another game then. I know there was a game where we were in the end zone and then Eli gave the opposing team a pick six. I want to say it was against an AFC team.Wasn't that Seattle?

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
I must be thinking of another game then. I know there was a game where we were in the red zone and then Eli gave the opposing team a pick six. I want to say it was against an AFC team.
a pick 6 has happened, ex vs dallas (mcann who plays for the texans now iirc) but i dont recall any left handed throw that went for a pick 6...

TheEnigma
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM
a pick 6 has happened, ex vs dallas (mcann who plays for the texans now iirc) but i dont recall any left handed throw that went for a pick 6...

I think Rudyy is right. It must of been Seattle last year when we were close to winning in our own stadium. Back to this game though, this was probably his worst performance of the season in a victory. Granted he was asked to do more today against the Skins than he had to against the Panthers or 49ers so make of that what you will.

gmen46
10-21-2012, 11:33 PM

Don't know if this is the game you're thinking of, but that did happen last year vs Seattle

edt: I posted before I saw the posts right above. oops

giantsfan420
10-21-2012, 11:48 PM
he threw a left handed pick 6 vs seattle? i dont recall that...didnt it go off cruz's hands?

Rudyy
10-21-2012, 11:49 PM
he threw a left handed pick 6 vs seattle? i dont recall that...didnt it go off cruz's hands? I think he got confused between the Tennessee game and the Seattle game.

Rusty192
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
The death pick against Seattle that went for a TD was on Cruz. Ball was there, Cruz slipped, picked off. Just a bad set of unfortunate circumstances.

And it was not left handed.