PDA

View Full Version : Okay we're 5-2 (won 5/6) & need 5/6 more! Question?

miked1958
10-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Where do those wins come from? Id say we need at least 10 wins to make it into the playoffs (maybe 11) but before we get to that...Isn't it funny how we can win 5/6 (almost 6/6 since we should of beat Philly) yet get not Much coverage.. One guy said we quietly won our 5th in 6 games today?. We blew out the panthers, browns and niners. Made a huge 4th quarter comeback on TB and beat RG3. How's that quiet?
Anyway! Getting back to the point of the thread.. Okay we have.......

@ Dallas W (6-2 what do ya know)
Steelers. L
@Cincinnati. W
GB. L
@Washington L
Saints. W
@ Atlanta. W
@ Ravens. W
Eagles W
11-5 first in NFCE ... Call me crazy

Moke
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
We really need to make next week's episode a "W".

Would love to go 2-2 in the division. This is where we need to see what games we really have to win.

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Where do those wins come from? Id say we need at least 10 wins to make it into the playoffs (maybe 11) but before we get to that...Isn't it funny how we can win 5/6 (almost 6/6 since we should of beat Philly) yet get not Much coverage.. One guy said we quietly won our 5th in 6 games today?. We blew out the panthers, browns and niners. Made a huge 4th quarter comeback on TB and beat RG3. How's that quiet?

Steelers. L
@Cincinnati. W
GB. L
@Washington L
Saints. W
@ Atlanta. W
@ Ravens. W
Eagles W

All these gmes are very winnable and we have not even put together a whole game yet
Why in the world would we lose to Pittsburg.......they are not a good team......Cincinnati? are you kidding me
We might lose to these Skins if we do not learn from the bad schemes on D we used today.

Flip Empty
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Bengals scare me more than the Steelers do

Moke
We could beat all of those teams on that list IMO.

BParcells777
All these gmes are very winnable and we have not even put together a whole game yet
Why in the world would we lose to Pittsburg.......they are not a good team......Cincinnati? are you kidding me
We might lose to these Skins if we do not learn from the bad schemes on D we used today.

GB????? are you kidding me, we will annihilate them.....they pose no match up problems for us

Moke
10-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Just because the Packers are having a not so great season, doesn't mean they necessarily suck and that's an easy win. My god, learn the word parity.

drewz
10-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Who says the Packers aren't having a good season? Check out their past 2 games, Aaron Rodgers is back to MVP form, but their defense is still trash. IMO, if we beat the Cowboys next week.. we should be able to run away with the division.. Steelers, Bengals, Packers, Redskins, Saints.. all winnable games

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Just because the Packers are having a not so great season, doesn't mean they necessarily suck and that's an easy win. My god, learn the word parity.

They do not match up with us.......we can run and pass on them.......they can pass on us, but we will render them one dimensional......then the sacks will start coming and Rodgers will turn into Dodgers again

miked1958
10-21-2012, 10:57 PM
GB????? are you kidding me, we will annihilate them.....they pose no match up problems for uswell kinda feel we will meet them in playoffs again and like the advantage we have by losing in reg season to them. It's worked twice already in SB winning seasons. Lol

Moke
10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
They do not match up with us.......we can run and pass on them.......they can pass on us, but we will render them one dimensional......then the sacks will start coming and Rodgers will turn into Dodgers again

Their passing attack is what is scary against us. No matter what, the secondary we have is still scary against pass happy teams.

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 10:59 PM
We'll see about that .....wont we? Rodgers got totaly shell shocked last year and I expect the same result

miked1958
10-21-2012, 11:00 PM
By the way I forgot to make a point in OP. we don't get our due when we win 5/6 yet the pile on us big time when we lose them. Like during last seasons 5/6 losing run. However I guess because it came after starting 6-2 an having so many 2nd half collapses in the past

badnews13
10-21-2012, 11:01 PM

I believe before our next loss... Giants will of had a 7 game win streak!!! We are the team to beat and we are the beast in the east. not to forget we are the "Road Warriors"!!!

ashleymarie
10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
LOL looks good miked. When we get a W in Dallas I will feel much better.

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
yes but today proved we cannot mail it in and expect any cakewalks.........the o line was a big dissapointent today

Moke
10-21-2012, 11:04 PM
We'll see about that .....wont we? Rodgers got totaly shell shocked last year and I expect the same result

We will see, but that's parity and your not getting that still I guess?

appodictic
10-21-2012, 11:04 PM

Steelers. L
@Cincinnati. W
GB. L
@Washington L
Saints. W
@ Atlanta. W
@ Ravens. W
Eagles W

Watching the highlights on TV and on nfl.com you would think RG3 beat us!

bigblue2088
10-21-2012, 11:05 PM
I think the Saints are gonna shock us, I don't see us losing any more division games tho. Only other possible loss would be Baltimore and hat would be us playing down to their level. Should go 13-3 or 12-4

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 11:07 PM
We will see, but that's parity and your not getting that still I guess?

Yes the rest exist in Parity..........We are the Champs and we have not even peaked yet......today was an aberration....unlikely to happen again this year
Once again we proved we cannot mail it in......when we really make the effort there is no parity........ask SFO

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Baltimore got their arses handed to them today......by a very overhyped Houston team who themselves were crushed the week before

JJC7301
10-21-2012, 11:09 PM

Steelers. L
@Cincinnati. W
GB. L
@Washington L
Saints. W
@ Atlanta. W
@ Ravens. W
Eagles W

I'll go:

@ Dallas W
Steelers W
@ Cincy W
Green Bay W
@ Washington L (Washington was very impressive)
Saints L (Until we can prove that we can beat New Orleans, I'll put this down as a L)
@ Atlanta W
@ Ravens W
Eagles L (Until we can prove that we can beat the Eagles, I'll put this down as a L)
11-5 (I don't know about 1st place in the NFCE because I think that it'll take at least 11-5 to win it and I have us going 2-4 in the division, but I believe we'll make the playoffs)

bigblue2088
10-21-2012, 11:10 PM
They do not match up with us.......we can run and pass on them.......they can pass on us, but we will render them one dimensional......then the sacks will start coming and Rodgers will turn into Dodgers againwith the way our secondary has portrayed opposing QBs, Rodgers is starting to look like Zeus

bigblue2088
10-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Baltimore got their arses handed to them today......by a very overhyped Houston team who themselves were crushed the week beforeI know, that's definitely a game we should win, but you know how we handle those

BParcells777
10-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I'll go:

@ Dallas W
Steelers W
@ Cincy W
Green Bay W
@ Washington L (Washington was very impressive)
Saints L (Until we can prove that we can beat New Orleans, I'll put this down as a L)
@ Atlanta W
@ Ravens W
Eagles L (Until we can prove that we can beat the Eagles, I'll put this down as a L)
11-5 (I don't know about 1st place in the NFCE because I think that it'll take at least 11-5 to win it and I have us going 2-4 in the division, but I believe we'll make the playoffs)

Saints have to come to us this year........big big dfference without that noise

BigBlue wins
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
If we go 12-4 this season and then play eagles in our first play off game, I will feel like its deja vu all over again

bigblue2088
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
ima go with
@Dallas W
Pittsburgh W
@Cincinatti L
Green Bay W
@Washington W
New Orleans W(barely)
@Atlanta W
@Baltimore L
Philadelphia W

2 seed in the NFC after clinching the East in week 14

miked1958
10-21-2012, 11:15 PM
If we go 12-4 this season and then play eagles in our first play off game, I will feel like its deja vu all over againeagles won't make the playoffs. They are a turnover Factory (to bad to even call the a turnover machine) and will be lucky to win 8 games this season

bigblue2088
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
eagles won't make the playoffs. They are a turnover Factory (to bad to even call the a turnover machine) and will be lucky to win 8 games this seasonI think they'll hit their stride with 3 or 4 games left in the year. Gonna be too little too late tho. 9-7 if they hit it early

JJC7301
10-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Saints have to come to us this year........big big dfference without that noise
Until we can actually beat the Saints, whether at home or in NO, then I'll assume that it's going to be a Saints win.

Moke
10-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Until we can actually beat the Saints, whether at home or in NO, then I'll assume that it's going to be a Saints win.

Yeah, same here. They always have our number and they haven't been real good lately.... but their offense can still be high-powered.

It's unfortunate that I'm still afraid of them.... but I think our offense can carve their defense up real good

DaKraken
10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
We could beat all of those teams on that list IMO.

And we could lose to any of them...Giants are too inconsistent to be a sure thing against anyone.

They have the best collective talent in the league in my opinion (and I kknow we're all biased). But this group just often plays way down to their competition.

One game at a time folks...

Moke
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
And we could lose to any of them...Giants are too inconsistent to be a sure thing against anyone.

They have the best collective talent in the league in my opinion (and I kknow we're all biased). But this group just often plays way down to their competition.

One game at a time folks...

Didn't say we can't lose. I just said we can beat any of those teams. We have that talent, and it'd be sad to see this team fall apart.

My point is - please continue to play the best football because this division is definitely ours if we do so.

miked1958
10-21-2012, 11:38 PM
And we could lose to any of them...Giants are too inconsistent to be a sure thing against anyone. They have the best collective talent in the league in my opinion (and I kknow we're all biased). But this group just often plays way down to their competition.One game at a time folks...well then that shouldn't be a problem the rest of the year cause theirs no gimmes left on the schedule

JJC7301
10-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Didn't say we can't lose. I just said we can beat any of those teams. We have that talent, and it'd be sad to see this team fall apart.

My point is - please continue to play the best football because this division is definitely ours if we do so.
Yep, I too believe that we have the most well-rounded and deepest team, but it's not ignorant to know and point out that some teams have our #. And we have the number of some other teams (NE for example, and you can make an argument for SF and GB). Just how it is -- some teams match up well against others.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 01:46 AM
however it plays out on the way to 11-5. theres not a team on our remaiining schedule that i dont look at the team and believe we should win. eli plays his game, we're gonna win 90% of the time imho...i could see us peeling off wins up til the wash/atl/NO area but still I think we are better than each of those teams easily

Rodgers12
10-22-2012, 02:09 AM
If we can protect him this time around we can beat you guys. Our defense has been playing alot better then last season. Our rookie Heyward has 4 picks already. I think you guys our better then Atlanta by a mile as far as the best team in the NFC is.

miked1958
10-22-2012, 02:22 AM
If we can protect him this time around we can beat you guys. Our defense has been playing alot better then last season. Our rookie Heyward has 4 picks already. I think you guys our better then Atlanta by a mile as far as the best team in the NFC is.this is another game where our opponent had the game circled when the schedule came out. Ha, it kinda comes with being defending SB champs. Everyone wants to knock you off the mountain. However aside from that certain teams really circled it and highlighted it. Dallas was one. They beat us. Eagles were one. They beat us. SF was really one. They got waxed. And today we had another one and survived. GB is another team that has been waiting on the re match.

Rodgers12
10-22-2012, 02:24 AM
this is another game where our opponent had the game circled when the schedule came out. Ha, it kinda comes with being defending SB champs. Everyone wants to knock you off the mountain. However aside from that certain teams really circled it and highlighted it. Dallas was one. They beat us. Eagles were one. They beat us. SF was really one. They got waxed. And today we had another one and survived. GB is another team that has been waiting on the re match.
We very well could both be in the playoffs. I hope we can at least make it. It is a very tough road looking at the schedule in November and December. Not so much for the Giants but for us.

gmenfan0488
10-22-2012, 03:54 AM
@ Dallas W
Steelers. W
@Cincinnati. W
GB. L
@Washington L
Saints. W
@ Atlanta. W
@ Ravens. W
Eagles l

11-5 is a definite possibility

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Redemption against the Cowboys....

miked1958
10-22-2012, 05:46 AM
We need it. That was a huge egg we laid after we had that inspiring pregame Ceremony in week 1

miked1958
10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Redemption against the Cowboys....we will get it! Everyone knows Eli OWNS the Cowboys new Stadium!What is he there 3-0? That must get so far under Jerry Jones's skin it's not even funny

GMan-67
10-22-2012, 05:51 AM
we need 1/1, that's all, then we go on from there

fortunately, we are in our favorite place to play Sunday

TroyArcher
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Steelers. L
@Cincinnati. W
GB. L
@Washington L
Saints. W
@ Atlanta. W
@ Ravens. W
Eagles W

Steelers are just an average team this year, I like our chances at home
We play GB well and can pressure Rodgers, good chance to win at home
I would say 1-1 with the Eagles and Cowboys, the games are almost always close
I am hoping the Giants will prepare better for the Skins and win much easier next time
1-1 with Falcons and Ravens. If Lewis is not back a good chance to win in Baltimore.
Should beat the Bengals
I hope they kill the Saints, can't stand that team
I think they will go 6-3 and end up 11-5 and a first round bye.

miked1958
10-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Hard to predict, but nice part about a tough schedule is its only one game at a time. And with TC its broken down even further to one half at a time, one quarter and even down to one play at a time. Step by step and we will all see they will have gotta through the toughest NFL schedule and make the playoffs!

miked1958
10-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Oh and we won't get any credit for it in the media. They will just overlook it and talk about some other upstart team or favorite. Fine with me

GMENAGAIN
10-22-2012, 07:57 AM
GB????? are you kidding me, we will annihilate them.....they pose no match up problems for us

Just like your prediction that we will annihilate the Redskins? Just stop it.

GMENAGAIN
10-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Not quite sure how we have won 5/6 games . . . . thought we have won 5

miked1958
10-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Not quite sure how we have won 5/6 games . . . . thought we have won 5sorry... i shortened it. I meant 5 out of 6 games since the week one loss. the 5 wins were carolina, TB, Browns, SF and Skins. The one loss was to the Eagles.

miked1958
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I know, GB is perfectly capable of beating us. And i had mentioned earlier that i like it better when they beat us in the reg season. Turned out nicely for us the other two times it happened.

Mohann
10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
We go 12-4 losing 4 division games but still winning the division. We beat Dallas, lose to Wash, and lose a meaningless game vs Philly, resting hurt players like AB1 and Nicks.

miked1958
10-22-2012, 10:35 AM
also i see where a few guys were picking apart my predictions for the losses we would have and they argued valid points why we should beat GB and the Steelers and others. And I AGREE with them. However if i picked the rest of the schedule and said they would be all Ws then I would be called a Homer and unrealistic. So i had to pick somebody to beat us along the way to be objective

Rodgers12
10-23-2012, 02:20 AM
I think the key to beating the Giants is to not turn the ball over, not let Rodgers get pressured at all. Double team Osi and get after Eli Manning. Although your offense has gotten better in the last few years that if you dont pressure Manning at all it might be a long day. I hope Woodson is back for the Giants game.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 02:28 AM
I think the key to beating the Giants is to not turn the ball over, not let Rodgers get pressured at all. Double team Osi and get after Eli Manning. Although your offense has gotten better in the last few years that if you dont pressure Manning at all it might be a long day. I hope Woodson is back for the Giants game.

It is very tough to pressure Eli and please feel free to double osi....the way both these teams are playing this may be a game where the last team with the ball wins

bleeding blue
10-23-2012, 02:29 AM
The team I'm absolutely least scared of still on our schedule is the Steelers. Their offense is bottom 5 in the league and defense with or without Troy seems to have taken a large step back.

Toadofsteel
10-23-2012, 02:30 AM
My predictions;

@ Dallas W
Steelers L (though could go either way in reality)
@ Cincy W
Green Bay W (Their o-line is so porous that Rodgers will have nightmares leading up to the game. Prince proved in the playoffs that he could lock down a receiver vs GB so I'm not as worried about them)
@ Washington L
Saints W (I think that their advantage will be nullified by being without Payton, and having to come up to jersey for a change. Brees is just not the same in cold december weather)
@ Atlanta W
@ Ravens W (they're just not the same team anymore)
Eagles L (By this point we have secured the division while the Eagles are completely out of contention, and David Carr gets a start.)

So 11-5, maybe 12-4.

Toadofsteel
10-23-2012, 02:32 AM

I think you want to double up on JPP first. Osi is widely known to overpursue, and Rodgers can make him pay for it. JPP is athletic enough to chase down runners from behind, and is a better edge rusher at this point than Osi is...

Rodgers12
10-23-2012, 02:50 AM
It is very tough to pressure Eli and please feel free to double osi....the way both these teams are playing this may be a game where the last team with the ball wins
I expect Rodgers to get sacked alot in this game. I just hope he stays healthy leading up to it and during it. Hope our O line plays lights out that night. Maybe we should double Cruz. The Giants game is probably a loss for us regardless. I think we have to get a lead on you guys in order to win.

Toadofsteel
10-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Maybe we should double Cruz

That just leaves lots of room for Nicks to make noise. That was so much of our passing game right there. Take away one, the other has a massive day. In our playoff run (starting from the Jets game), the Jets, Cowboys, and 49ers all covered up Nicks, leaving them exposed to Cruz, and vice versa for the Falcons and your own Packers. Belicheck was the only one who found a way to essentially lock both of them up, but it left him exposed to Manningham (the whole "this is still a Cruz and Nicks game" line came right before that), plus Nicks was still able to produce to an extent.

Not to mention, the Giants have a running game to speak of now. We're not dead last in the league anymore...

BillTheGreek
10-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Just Keep Winning !

miked1958
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
The big thing is its just one game at a time, one Half at a time, one quarter at a time down to one play at a time. We don't have to play all these teams at once

fansince69
10-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Just Keep Winning !

since you are addressing this message board i will fix this for you

just keep whining

SweetZombieJesus
10-23-2012, 09:08 AM
It really seems incredible/impossible but here we are with a win on Sunday putting us at 6-2, for the umpteenth time. And Coughlin's 2nd half record still sub .500

If we can do better than .500 we win the division outright.

miked1958
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
It really seems incredible/impossible but here we are with a win on Sunday putting us at 6-2, for the umpteenth time. And Coughlin's 2nd half record still sub .500

If we can do better than .500 we win the division outright.Yet again we have the same senario. 6-2 start with a murderous 2nd half schedule yet again. I dont understand the schedule makers always backloading it to the point where we have to play so many Playoff teams packed into 8games. Its like an extended playoff schedule with all these top teams always on it. I realize we have to play certain div's from AFC and NFC based off the rotating system and the other two based off div placement. But they could spread the games out more over the 17 weeks. It seems like ours is always set up for us to fail in comparison to other teams how theirs looks. does the NFL have something against us?

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
however it plays out on the way to 11-5. theres not a team on our remaiining schedule that i dont look at the team and believe we should win. eli plays his game, we're gonna win 90% of the time imho...i could see us peeling off wins up til the wash/atl/NO area but still I think we are better than each of those teams easily

Think 14 - 2

Rodgers12
10-25-2012, 01:56 AM
If Nick Perry can get after Eli in our game that will be huge. That will open the door for Matthews to get some pressure on him as well. Our secondary will have a hard time against Nicks, Cruz but we can shut down Bradshaw.