PDA

View Full Version : Good win, and lets move on

JJC7301
10-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Yep, I think it was a good win. Not pretty, but good. We beat a high scoring team, and while letting up something like 500 yards in offense to them, only let up 23 points.

We needed a divisional win, and got it. Give credit to the skins who have a dynamic young QB and RB that the Giants only saw for the first time in person. But give credit to the Giants for making the big catch, and the big plays on D when it counted like timely fumbles, interceptions and sacks.

And they won. They've kept their momentum going and now lead in the NFC East, while Dallas and the Eagles have their problems, and the skins have their mounting injuries.

Just because we dominated a tough SF team last week didn't mean that we we're going to dominate this week whether it was the skins or any other team. And just because Dallas beat us last time, doesn't mean that they'll beat us next week. We all know that that's not how sports works, especially football.
The important thing is the "W" and we got it. You're not going to see happy faces in DC because they lost, even though they played a good game. They would rather have our "sloppy" win today.

This is what good teams do -- win the game like they did against SF, as well as this game against DC. The Giants are definitely one of the best teams right now if not the best. Now lets move on to Dallas and another W -- whether it's a beat down or a "sloppy" one.

RagTime Blue
10-22-2012, 02:07 AM
A victory with no significant injuries = BIG WIN

JJC7301
10-22-2012, 02:12 AM
+1,000 -- GREAT point.

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 05:37 AM
I agree lets move on to Dallas for another nail biter!

ashleymarie
10-22-2012, 05:40 AM

Exactly. GO GMEN!!!

miked1958
10-22-2012, 05:52 AM
I agree lets move on to Dallas for another nail biter!gee I hope not. I really hope we trounce that team this time in front of all their fans and make them leave early like we did to the SF people

miked1958
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
I love towards the end of Games at Cowboys Stadium when they cut away to JJones in his Box and you see his pain

GMan-67
10-22-2012, 06:09 AM
yup any win in this league is huge ... the NFL is all about parity and it is so competitive

and whenever we can win on a day Eli was off a bit is great

and as another poster pointed out already ... i didnt see any obvious injuries that would keep anyone out

and even though Canty played only a few snaps and clearly was not ready to contribute, the bottom line is he's back and he will be ready soon and that will bolster our run D

and Bernard has to be back soon to help the run D

and Kuhn is getting more experience while those guys are out and even though he's been in over his head, what better way to learn than on the job

and b/c we have depth with our front 7, that creates competition for snaps and keeps guys fresher for the long haul , so im not really worried even on a day where we were spewing rushing yards ... it will get fixed and it was a unique challenge and we did get our sacks and turnovers in the 2nd half

so YES, very good win

ashleymarie
10-22-2012, 06:16 AM
I love towards the end of Games at Cowboys Stadium when they cut away to JJones in his Box and you see his pain

One of my favs too. I can sleep real good at night knowing JJ is walking the floor. LOL We are baaad Mike.

GCGiant
10-22-2012, 07:26 AM
If they can win against Dallas, I say they cruise into the playoffs. If they lose it will be a dogfight.

GMENAGAIN
10-22-2012, 07:49 AM
yup any win in this league is huge ... the NFL is all about parity and it is so competitive

and whenever we can win on a day Eli was off a bit is great

and as another poster pointed out already ... i didnt see any obvious injuries that would keep anyone out

and even though Canty played only a few snaps and clearly was not ready to contribute, the bottom line is he's back and he will be ready soon and that will bolster our run D

and Bernard has to be back soon to help the run D

and Kuhn is getting more experience while those guys are out and even though he's been in over his head, what better way to learn than on the job

and b/c we have depth with our front 7, that creates competition for snaps and keeps guys fresher for the long haul , so im not really worried even on a day where we were spewing rushing yards ... it will get fixed and it was a unique challenge and we did get our sacks and turnovers in the 2nd half

so YES, very good win

Good post. Any time we can win when Eli is not at his best, it is a nice win.