PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's Take (Redskins Game (I))

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Hello recovering Giants fans ... welcome to your Monday morning! I'm going to change it up a little this week and give my take in order of emotional highs and lows as I watched the game. Without further ado, onto the insanity:

1) Sok ... we moved the ball pretty well on them. We'll get it on the next series.

2) OMG no defense whatsoever. But hey it's nice to see, Chris Canty is back and we held them to a field goal!

3) That's what I'm talking about!

4) OMG worst secondary EVER!

5) Ok we tied it up, good.

6) Grrrrr but at least no more of those freebie TDs.

7) Good ... going into half time tied. I can live with that.

8) WE GOT THE BALL ... **** WE GAVE THE BALL BACK ... WE GOT THE BALL ... THEY'RE GOING FOR IT?! ... ****ING FEWELL YOU MOTHER ****ER THREE MAN GOD DAMN RUSH ******* ... WE GOT THE BALL! (a lot of emotions for a quarter no one actually scored in)

9) Bradshaw is one angry little dude and I'm glad he plays for us!

10) NOW they're going to kick the field goal? WE'RE GOING TO WIN!

11) WHAT THE HELL KIND OF CRAPPY KILL DRIVE PLAY CALLING IS THAT?! THE SKINNY POST ON THIRD AND ONE WTF?! RUN THE BALL! PASS THE BALL! RUN THE BALL! Hey nice screen!

12) HOLY **** WE CAN'T STOP **** WTF FIRE FEWELL THIS SECOND YOU WORTHLESS EXCUSE PIECES OF **** FOR A DEFENSE EVER!

13) 1:27 left in the game, we need a touchdown, 71 yards to go, Eli has the ball ... we got this.

14) CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

15) Rushed to hospital after yet another 4th quarter heart attack.

The End.

Notes:

1) Our running game is schizophrenic (but give the Redskins props for putting up a stout run defense).

2) Hey welcome back Justin Tuck ... only took until week seven to call your name. This mean you finally shook this season's mysterious nagging injury?

3) Welcome back Chris Canty. Now relearn how to tackle. Just kidding big guy (sorta) ... much luv. :D

4) Nothing good EVER comes from rushing three.

5) While Fewell and Gilbride will (and perhaps should) see a lot of flak for some really head scratching play calling, try to remember that we're all geniuses after the fact.

6) The English language isn't up to the task to explain the depth of feeling I have for Eli Manning and Victor Cruz.

7) David Wilson needs more touches.

8) Say what you want about Chase Blackburn (and it's all warranted I know) but the man makes plays when they need to be made. Tied for most tackles and two forced fumbles. Not bad for a guy with the athletic prowess of most bus drivers.

9) After JPP, Linval Joseph is the best defensive player we have right now.

10) Stevie Brown continues to impress the crap outta me.

11) Hakeem Nicks is getting stronger.

12) Hope the profanity filters caught most of that :D

GameTime
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
good summary....

Mercury
10-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Good post, I agree with everything you said and I laughed at the busdriver comment.

chizz
10-22-2012, 08:45 AM
lmao good one

Diamondring
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
If anyone thinks the Giaints D is going to hold the Skins defense uner 100 yards doesn't know the game. I made a post about me not worrying about the defense. A lot of posters said otherwise. I said our defense is underrated. Well our defense is underrated but there are good offenses out there so that good defense is going to give up the yards against those. The defense gave up the yards it suppose to give cause the Skins have their weapons as well and one of them is RG3 who is also like a rb in open field. Giants should have no shame cause the Skins should have really put up 35 points or even more.

Giantsin04
10-22-2012, 08:50 AM
9) After JPP, Linval Joseph is the best defensive player we have right now.

-----

Prince is not far behind in that discussion

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 09:01 AM
If anyone thinks the Giaints D is going to hold the Skins defense uner 100 yards doesn't know the game. I made a post about me not worrying about the defense. A lot of posters said otherwise. I said our defense is underrated. Well our defense is underrated but there are good offenses out there so that good defense is going to give up the yards against those. The defense gave up the yards it suppose to give cause the Skins have their weapons as well and one of them is RG3 who is also like a rb in open field. Giants should have no shame cause the Skins should have really put up 35 points or even more.

Maybe.

I just have a hard time watching a defense give up that many yards (and that many scores) and have any faith in them whatsoever.

4th and 10, we rush 3 (always a bad idea, even worse against a mobile QB) which means we have 8 men in coverage, and the 6'5 guy is wide open in the middle of the field. So wide open in fact, that he can catch it, flop on the ground and get back up again before the first defensive player can get to him.

That's a bad defense (at least on that particular play), We seem to be able to hold offenses (sometimes) when we need to, but I have absolutely no faith that they can in any given situation.

Very sad to say given our legacy of stout defenses.

Gimaniac
10-22-2012, 09:05 AM
This is why we drink.244

GCGiant
10-22-2012, 09:20 AM
I posted last week that I didn't get a chance to watch the SF game live, and maybe because of that it wasn't a nail-biter. Well...I watched yesterday. I was literally holding my chest to try to catch my heart if it jumped out..

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I posted last week that I didn't get a chance to watch the SF game live, and maybe because of that it wasn't a nail-biter. Well...I watched yesterday. I was literally holding my chest to try to catch my heart if it jumped out..

May you never watch another Giants' game as long as you live.

Diamondring
10-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Maybe.

I just have a hard time watching a defense give up that many yards (and that many scores) and have any faith in them whatsoever.

4th and 10, we rush 3 (always a bad idea, even worse against a mobile QB) which means we have 8 men in coverage, and the 6'5 guy is wide open in the middle of the field. So wide open in fact, that he can catch it, flop on the ground and get back up again before the first defensive player can get to him.

That's a bad defense (at least on that particular play), We seem to be able to hold offenses (sometimes) when we need to, but I have absolutely no faith that they can in any given situation.

Very sad to say given our legacy of stout defenses.Look, a lot of people talk about defense wins championships and this is not true cause it is, then the defense should stay on the field in the whole game. You are going to face a good offense that is going to get theirs. This is why we have an offense. The reason why I said we should be able to score a lot of points is to keep up when we play against high scoring offenses or the ones that move the chains successfully. I think that there are no play that can get RG3 and stop him consistantly long as he has other weapons wich includes himself, so the offense has to take care of any score the opposition's Offense gets. We have that offense and that is why I am satisfied with the defense even though they can do better.

Say that our offense is not good at all and our defense still gave up 23 points. I would put that as a success cause they maybe offense could have added more points than that

Medisleman
10-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Perfect summary. We all have to accept this is not 1986 anymore, it is an offense driven league. If you hold a team to under 21 points it is a herculean defensive effort nowadays it seems. The scores are so inflated. Only one team this week had a score of under 10, Seattle with 6 against San Fran. 14 of 24 teams had scores of 21 or above, and 5 of them lost! It is just crazy these days. The game is completely skewed for offense. It is much better to have an Eli Manning than it is to have a Lawrence Taylor in today's NFL.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
True ... still unsettling.

Then again it could be worse I guess .... we could have the Saints' defense (and I love Spags).

Meh.