PDA

View Full Version : RGIII???

11to85
10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
How is it that when Eli use to throw 2 INTs and had a fumble, people called him a bum all over the place. But when RGIII does the same (and partly because of it) in a losing effort, people think he is the greatest thing ever?

I am sorry, I have read this story before with Vick and Cam. I know I know.. he is different. Like I have never heard that before either.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Ummmm he's a rookie.

Did you ever get the sense that he was playing like a rookie yesterday?

JB456
10-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Ummmm he's a rookie.

Did you ever get the sense that he was playing like a rookie yesterday?

I did not feel like we were playing a rookie QB yesterday but their runningback, Morris was a huge part of that. If teams can slow Morris down, RGIII will be much easier to contain. How many fin yeards did he run for in the first half gdamit!

Buddy333
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Well he is just a rookie and he did look good. Maybe his second year is like the one Newton is having. Who knows? The scary thin about that game yesterday was that they have some star defensive p,ayers out for the season and their rookie QB and RB almost beat the Giants.

Diamondring
10-22-2012, 08:48 AM
That Rookie is faster than most pros and all pros aren't good. This is why some future rookies will replace them.

Buddy333
10-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Also, I know this may sound strange because he had a good game, but I can live with what RG3 did yesterday. It's what their rookie RB did that was very troublesome although having RG3 on the field probably contributed to is success.

Gimaniac
10-22-2012, 08:51 AM
RG
3 sacks
3 turnovers

BigBlue1971
10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
RG3 is good in the college offense the skins are running! until d-coordinators can counter the option plays they run he will look like a pro even in his rookie season!

once defenses zero in on their plan RG3 will go the way of Vick, Cam and others who rely on their running skills!

Alfred Morris is a beast which contributes greatly to RG3s success so far. without Morris he wouldnt be nearly as effective as he is imo!

Mohann
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
It felt like we were playing a college team. They're running a gimmick O. That doesn't help Bob. He needs to learn to run a complex pro offense to be great in this league. He ran a couple designed runs, and that'll shorten his lifespan. It only takes one big hit, and every defensive player in the league wants to deliver it. Already one concussion.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
It felt like we were playing a college team. They're running a gimmick O. That doesn't help Bob. He needs to learn to run a complex pro offense to be great in this league. He ran a couple designed runs, and that'll shorten his lifespan. It only takes one big hit, and every defensive player in the league wants to deliver it. Already one concussion.

Agree.

The option offenses being trendy in today's NFL aren't doing new QBs any favors.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Also, I know this may sound strange because he had a good game, but I can live with what RG3 did yesterday. It's what their rookie RB did that was very troublesome although having RG3 on the field probably contributed to is success.

Alfred Morris is more a product of Shanahan's zone blocking run scheme than anything he did specifically. Shanahan has been doing this with nobody running backs his entire coaching career (although I will say Morris is one heck of a hard take down).

The_ One
10-22-2012, 09:24 AM
How is it that when Eli use to throw 2 INTs and had a fumble, people called him a bum all over the place. But when RGIII does the same (and partly because of it) in a losing effort, people think he is the greatest thing ever?

I am sorry, I have read this story before with Vick and Cam. I know I know.. he is different. Like I have never heard that before either.The kid is a ROOKIE, what planet did you just land from.

GameTime
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM

I am sorry, I have read this story before with Vick and Cam. I know I know.. he is different. Like I have never heard that before either.
if you dont know the answer to that then I cant help you. I'll give a hint....the answer is obvious.

Mohann
10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
The kid is a ROOKIE, what planet did you just land from.

He used past tense, I assumed he meant Eli's rookie year. Eli never looked this good his rookie year, but he was given a full pro offense to learn, then pushed in the deep end.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Also RGIII finished the game with 108.2 passer rating.

Medisleman
10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
RG3 is good in the college offense the skins are running! until d-coordinators can counter the option plays they run he will look like a pro even in his rookie season!

once defenses zero in on their plan RG3 will go the way of Vick, Cam and others who rely on their running skills!

Alfred Morris is a beast which contributes greatly to RG3s success so far. without Morris he wouldnt be nearly as effective as he is imo!

This is 100% correct. Just a another flash in the pan experiment with a "athletic" quarterback. No Super Bowl for RGIII and out!

miked1958
10-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Everyone thought the same thing of Cam Newton last year. He did a lot of the same things RG is doing right now. Took the NFL by Storm with his legs and his arm in his rookie year putting up Huge Numbers. People have figured him out and how to stop him. I think over time the same will happen with RG. it happens to all the running QBs eventually

I mean it could be just the SOPH Jinx for Cam but i dont think so. I just think that college crap in the long run wont work in the NFL

miked1958
10-22-2012, 09:52 AM
RG
3 sacks
3 turnovers
I mean you look at that and you say the word "Containment". however we all know he was not totally contained.

Also i first thought it was 4 sacks but when i went back and looked it was a designed running play when JPP caused the fumble. SO it went down as a (TFL) tackle for a loss and a fumble and not a sack. You could clearly see when re watching it that the blockers were setting up for him to run and the WRs were blocking for him as well.

There was a whole thread on this subject as well

FrankAE
10-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Try his almost 90 yards of rushing, and 3 4th down conversions. Add in he's a rookie and it's all about his potential, mistakes will happen with a pass.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Everyone thought the same thing of Cam Newton last year. He did a lot of the same things RG is doing right now. Took the NFL by Storm with his legs and his arm in his rookie year putting up Huge Numbers. People have figured him out and how to stop him. I think over time the same will happen with RG. it happens to all the running QBs eventually

I mean it could be just the SOPH Jinx for Cam but i dont think so. I just think that college crap in the long run wont work in the NFL

Actually everyone thought Cam would melt down in the NFL. The fact that he did as well as he did was the surprise.

Now he's having his expected melt down this year instead.