PDA

View Full Version : I HATE METLIFE STADIUM

Manning
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I've been going a season ticket holder for 15+ years, but I see it coming to an end. There are ZERO perks to going to the game. I save time, money, and get a much better view on my 60 " LED.

And when the Giants play like that, it ticks me off that I wasted that precious time and money.

especially when I'm sitting in a facility with no dome, sitting in a seat with zero sunlight, and freezing my *** off for hours.

Who's bright idea was it to not put a dome on a new facility when it's so apparent that the sport is turning into a much better tv sport than a live sport?

Going to the games SUCK.

Bones911
12-18-2011, 08:52 PM
you forgot the mention the traffic and lack thereof of parking

Harooni
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
high price of food and drink and the lack of dividers in the urinals

Manning
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
That's a given.

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Exactly. Why waste your money? I don't go to a lot of games because 1. I have a 60 inch 1080p 3D DLP 2. I'm a cheap ******* who rather spends his money on something material 3. The beer is way overpriced 4. A lot of the fans get on my nerves 5. Getting out of the parking lot sucks.

You're absolutely right as far as the dome. Not only can a dome help build revenue by booking closed in events, it helps against the unwanted elements in a league that is clearly turning into a passing one.

Nicks dropped that ball today because the sun was in his eyes. They should've definitely put a retractable roof on the stadium. Who wants to go watch a SB in the freezing February cold?

SweetZombieJesus
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I was on the waiting list since 1990 and my name came up for tickets but I didn't have the money at the time having just been laid off.

Now I have some cash and I'm not feeling very bad about not having season tix... May even buy a new car cash and stick to watching the GMen from my cough. Hmm new car or buy PSLs to watch my team suck.

Manning
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Exactly. Why waste your money? I don't go to a lot of games because 1. I have a 60 inch 1080p 3D DLP 2. I'm a cheap ******* who rather spends his money on something material 3. The beer is way overpriced 4. A lot of the fans get on my nerves 5. Getting out of the parking lot sucks.

You're absolutely right as far as the dome. Not only can a dome help build revenue by booking closed in events, it helps against the unwanted elements in a league that is clearly turning into a passing one.

Nicks dropped that ball today because the sun was in his eyes. They should've definitely put a retractable roof on the stadium. Who wants to go watch a SB in the freezing February cold?

The super bowl will be a bust if it's as cold as it was today.

Everyone will be packed in the clubs showing empty seats everywhere.

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't mind going to watch basketball games though... lol.

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I've been going a season ticket holder for 15+ years, but I see it coming to an end. There are ZERO perks to going to the game. I save time, money, and get a much better view on my 60 " LED.

And when the Giants play like that, it ticks me off that I wasted that precious time and money.

especially when I'm sitting in a facility with no dome, sitting in a seat with zero sunlight, and freezing my *** off for hours.

Who's bright idea was it to not put a dome on a new facility when it's so apparent that the sport is turning into a much better tv sport than a live sport?

Going to the games SUCK.

You're right the stadium is a piece of ****. Nothing like building this piece of crap so you get no sun light in the joint. Freekin morons.

The stupid fins that collect and dump snow on everyone is another brilliant idea.

Too bad the Giants allowed the Jets to ruin our home.

TroyArcher
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
If they won?

KidA
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Shouldn't this be on your list of perks, Harooni?

Manning
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
If they won?
It would have made it bearable, but they don't win 100% of the time.

Basketball and hockey I would at lesat feel comfortable regardless of the outcome.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM

Going to the games SUCK.

Answer::: Ownership makes those decisions not the fans. Retractable roofs are in. Open air stadiums will be obsolete within 10 years. Aren't the Giants lucky to have such futuristic vision. Shucks & I'm still on the waiting list for season tickets.

Who knows I may get one when they build the next stadium in oh around 2035 & by then it will be requirment to have a retractable roof stadium . I'll only be 94 years young too. Can't wait.

Harooni
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
to be honest the 12th man did suck also today, greenbay you guys were great. this game you bobo's made noise on offense and caused a few false starts.

bert
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
The stadium does suck. There should have been a dome. If there had been a dome today, I don't think the fans would have left so early in the game. Even though the team did not play well, I think some fans would have stayed had they not been freezing. Fans started leaving at the end of the third quarter.

I don't see anything good about this stadium. The whole design is terrible. The escalators are a joke. I'm in upper level. It's so stupid to have to get off one and then walk to another to get to second level and walk to another to reach upper level.

I might be better off sitting home watching the game on TV.

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Going to the games SUCK.

Answer::: Ownership makes those decisions not the fans. Retractable roofs are in. Open air stadiums will be obsolete within 10 years. Aren't the Giants lucky to have such futuristic vision. Shucks & I'm still on the waiting list for season tickets.

Who knows I may get one when they build the next stadium in oh around 2035 & by then it will be requirment to have a retractable roof stadium . I'll only be 94 years young too. Can't wait.You know what else will be obsolete in 10 years? Unathletic QB's. ;-)

Manning
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
to be honest the 12th man did suck also today, greenbay you guys were great. this game you bobo's made noise on offense and caused a few false starts.

If it wasn't so frigid I might have been able to get up and get loud on some of those converted 3rd and 15s but after the 2nd one it wasn't worth the effort.

Harooni
12-18-2011, 09:15 PM

Shouldn't this be on your list of perks, Harooni?

lol depends not when its cold

Manning
12-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah hope no one was peeking it looked like I had 3 nuts today it was so cold

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah hope no one was peeking it looked like I had 3 nuts today it was so coldlol

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM

Going to the games SUCK.

Who knows I may get one when they build the next stadium in oh around 2035 & by then it will be requirment to have a retractable roof stadium . I'll only be 94 years young too. Can't wait.You know what else will be obsolete in 10 years? Unathletic QB's. ;-)

You are absolutely correct because they can run but you can't hit them like LT did a few years ago without fear of penalty.

Changing the whole role of QBs'
Runners 1st spead offenses like are being run in College will be the norm. Pure drop back passers like Marino,Brady, Mannings are a thing of the past. You can run now without fear of career ending injury.

Cunningham could have played for 20 years if he were coming out today instead of back in his day.

Manning
12-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Don't change the subject

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
If they won?

Then it's lovely.

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM

Funny how some of the youngins can't read the "Quiet, Offense At Work" signs that are posted.

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah hope no one was peeking it looked like I had 3 nuts today it was so coldlol

I was in the pool!

T-Diddy
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
When the stadium was first built and the season ticket holders were allowed to go check out their seats I went and honestly there was more crowd noise that day than today..........i dont know how they could expect great crowd noise when the fans saw another collapse right before there eyes.......we are the mets of the nfl

LT Stands For Greatness
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
They are too busy texting their friends to bother to look up at the video boards. ; )

FlyingTruck
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I've never been to a game before. I wanted to go this year, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money.

Also..the new stadium was built so that a retractable roof could be added later if needed/wanted.

TrueBlue2180
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Tough to get find things to cheer for when the only thing the offense does is drop a 40 yard touchdown pass and the only thing the defense does is give up third down conversions. This was an absolutely brutal game to sit through.

DragonSoul
12-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Who's bright idea was it to not put a dome on a new facility

The unions! Because the Cowboys Stadium was a third cheaper w/a dome.

jjj45
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I've never been to a game before. I wanted to go this year, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money.

Also..the new stadium was built so that a retractable roof could be added later if needed/wanted.Nice sig you got there dude ;)

Roosevelt
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
They are too busy texting their friends to bother to look up at the video boards. ; )

[Y]

bigblue5611
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM

u shy? ;)

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Seriously, no dividers in the urinals in this zillion dollar stadium? Wow, nothing like the pressure of NOT checking out the package of the guy next to you while drainin' the lizard. I don't live in the NY area and haven't been to the stadium so that's amazing to hear.

jomo
12-20-2011, 09:52 PM
You talking about Giants Stadium? It is only MetLife Stadium if you call it that. </P>

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Sure hope you're right about the ability to add a roof. Let's hope they figure out that Eli does throw better in warmer conditions. We had to know that before we built the stadium yet no dome. Amazing.
BTW how do you know that a roof can be added?

jomo
12-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Sure hope you're right about the ability to add a roof. Let's hope they figure out that Eli does throw better in warmer conditions. We had to know that before we built the stadium yet no dome. Amazing. BTW how do you know that a roof can be added?You must have missed that legendary game in Lambeau Field in 2007!

tripleaamin9
12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
maybe wearing white this team will think they are on the road

bigblue5611
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Sure hope you're right about the ability to add a roof. Let's hope they figure out that Eli does throw better in warmer conditions. We had to know that before we built the stadium yet no dome. Amazing.
BTW how do you know that a roof can be added?

well..hold on here....ive been in da house for a concert, a drum corp show, and 2 games now and, other than club level, ive found MetLife to be a colossal disappointment on both the 1st and 3rd tiers....frankly, the Mara's should be embarrassed...BUT, that said, weren't the Jets(& the Governor)pushing for a roof, and then the TRADITIONALIST Giant fan base rise up and protest???? i think my memory is pretty accurate here...thoughts?

bigblue5611
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Seriously, no dividers in the urinals in this zillion dollar stadium? Wow, nothing like the pressure of NOT checking out the package of the guy next to you while drainin' the lizard. I don't live in the NY area and haven't been to the stadium so that's amazing to hear.

if you ever make it to a game i'll try not to stand next to you...;)

Gmen2005
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
It's a massive parking garage. Hate to say it, but Jerrys world is so much nicer than metlife.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
HaHa! You know what I mean! You kinda have to look UP and certainly not DOWN or you violate all codes of etiquette.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Almost positive you're right that Jets wanted the roof. REALLY sad now that we have turned into more of a pitch and catch kind of team.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Naw, I saw it of course, every second of it. I wish I had a video of the entire game. I'm an Eli fan and he threw great that night, but I'm also a realist and he, like many others, throws so much better in good weather/nice temps. It's just one more reason that you can't compare quarterback stats. Throwing in a dome or in nice weather is SO much easier. Plax most likely played his best game ever as a pro. Too bad we didn't get that kind of effort from him consistently.

BlueJayC
12-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or twodown the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking aspiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough.

nihan87
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Is this thread real life? Really? </P>

</P>

The day they make a dome in Jersey is the day I never go to a game again. Never heard so many fans complain about the cold! </P>

GameTime
12-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I've been going a season ticket holder for 15+ years, but I see it coming to an end. There are ZERO perks to going to the game. I save time, money, and get a much better view on my 60 " LED. And when the Giants play like that, it ticks me off that I wasted that precious time and money. especially when I'm sitting in a facility with no dome, sitting in a seat with zero sunlight, and freezing my *** off for hours. Who's bright idea was it to not put a dome on a new facility when it's so apparent that the sport is turning into a much better tv sport than a live sport? Going to the games SUCK.</P>

sell your tickets and dont go</P>

problem solved.....</P>

jakegibbs
12-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or two*down the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking a*spiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough.*

This team is built to be a dome team. No run game no defense decent passing attact as long as it's not windy & cold.

When it's windy & cold can't score more than 10 pts per game. Won't many games scoring 10 pts per game.

Put a roof on it or change personnel. Simple as that.

pjam84
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or two*down the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking a*spiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough.*

wow. i can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to talk some sense about the roof.

yoeddy
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM

Going to the games SUCK.

When the crowd is into the game like it was against Green Bay, it's awesome to be there...

yoeddy
12-21-2011, 11:03 AM

This team is built to be a dome team. No run game no defense decent passing attact as long as it's not windy & cold.

When it's windy & cold can't score more than 10 pts per game. Won't many games scoring 10 pts per game.

Put a roof on it or change personnel. Simple as that.

Wind is more of an issue than cold...but the new stadium doesn't have the same swirling winds that the old stadium did. I like no dome...the only issue imho is if it's raining, and certainly I wouldn't want to pay more for tickets/PSL just on the chance that it might rain...

Morehead State
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or twodown the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking aspiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough. wow. i can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to talk some sense about the roof.</P>

The fans are too far from the field. The only advantage we would have is to have a dome. Dome teams almost always have a bigger than average home field advantage because of the noise.</P>

Our fans are quite enough, add this rediculous design of the stadium and take away a dome and it spells no home field advantage.</P>

And its a passing league now. the rules dictate it. Gone are the days where you can run the ball and win championships. You have to throw it.</P>

A dome would INCREASE our home field advantage.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or twodown the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking aspiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough. wow. i can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to talk some sense about the roof.</p>

The fans are too far from the field. The only advantage we would have is to have a dome. Dome teams almost always have a bigger than average home field advantage because of the noise.</p>

Our fans are quite enough, add this rediculous design of the stadium and take away a dome and it spells no home field advantage.</p>

And its a passing league now. the rules dictate it. Gone are the days where you can run the ball and win championships. You have to throw it.</p>

A dome would INCREASE our home field advantage.</p>

its garbage

when they gave us something to cheer for its loud in there - when they don't we don't

Morehead State
12-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or twodown the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking aspiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough. wow. i can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to talk some sense about the roof.</P>

The fans are too far from the field. The only advantage we would have is to have a dome. Dome teams almost always have a bigger than average home field advantage because of the noise.</P>

Our fans are quite enough, add this rediculous design of the stadium and take away a dome and it spells no home field advantage.</P>

And its a passing league now. the rules dictate it. Gone are the days where you can run the ball and win championships. You have to throw it.</P>

its garbage

when they gave us something to cheer for its loud in there - when they don't we don't
</P>

Not compared to other stadiums. This cost excuse for no dome is crap too. We had two teams building one stadium. </P>

It took me like 10 minutes to adjust my eyes, the seats were so far from the field.</P>

Stop being anti Morehead so near the Holidays!</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Seriously with the roof talk?!?!?! Yeah you may get comfort as a fan but you lose a distinct home field advantage not having to play in the elements, albeit it the last two years would be no indication of that. But a year or twodown the line once this team learns how to run the ball and play defense again playing a team like the Saints or San Diego at GIANTS STADIUM will again be an advantage.......last week was bitterly cold once the sun went down but growing up and going to games in the old place that's what it was all about......seeing your breath......drinking aspiked hot cocoa and watching the D and run game dominate.......hopefully those days will be back soon enough. wow. i can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to talk some sense about the roof.</p>

The fans are too far from the field. The only advantage we would have is to have a dome. Dome teams almost always have a bigger than average home field advantage because of the noise.</p>

Our fans are quite enough, add this rediculous design of the stadium and take away a dome and it spells no home field advantage.</p>

And its a passing league now. the rules dictate it. Gone are the days where you can run the ball and win championships. You have to throw it.</p>

its garbage

</p>

Not compared to other stadiums. This cost excuse for no dome is crap too. We had two teams building one stadium. </p>

It took me like 10 minutes to adjust my eyes, the seats were so far from the field.</p>

Stop being anti Morehead so near the Holidays!</p>

i just hate the sound factor

go to a night game - place is rowdy as hell. When the young crowd is there or its a good game the crowd's presence is felt.

I was at the GB and the sound level was great it seemed. I even read people praising it the next day.

Sound quality is there when its warranted is my point

Morehead State
12-21-2011, 11:45 AM

its garbage

</P>

Not compared to other stadiums. This cost excuse for no dome is crap too. We had two teams building one stadium. </P>

It took me like 10 minutes to adjust my eyes, the seats were so far from the field.</P>

go to a night game - place is rowdy as hell. When the young crowd is there or its a good game the crowd's presence is felt.

I was at the GB and the sound level was great it seemed. I even read people praising it the next day.

</P>

You have to admit that the stands are too far from the field.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 11:49 AM

its garbage

</p>

Not compared to other stadiums. This cost excuse for no dome is crap too. We had two teams building one stadium. </p>

It took me like 10 minutes to adjust my eyes, the seats were so far from the field.</p>

Stop being anti Morehead so near the Holidays!</p>

</p>

You have to admit that the stands are too far from the field.</p>

yea I guess. Trust me its not that im that big of a fan of the stadium... i just hate when people try to blame the stadium for the lack of sound. Its more the fans than the stadium

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Biggest knock on the stadium has GOT to be the lack of spirals and escelators that went directly to the 2nd and 3rd levels. I can understand that they wanted people to 'shop' and check out the different levels while getting to their seats, but NOBDOY does that. Everyone gets past the ticket collectors and goes right to their seats.

2nd knock on the stadium is the difference between the concourses on the 1,2, and 300 levels. 100 is like walking in an open field and 300 is like driving on the Van Wyck during rush hour

I WANT MY SPIRALS AND DIRECT ESCALATORS!!!!!

edit: I may be biased cause I usually sit in the 300's and Im a smoker, LOL

barran21
12-21-2011, 11:57 AM
It's a Giants toilet bowl god uses to take a dump...

PS:I am not a fan of the design...

quatrofan
12-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Took my family up to the stadium for the first time last sunday (i live in WV). 400 dollars a seat=1600, And by the third quarter almost all most my entire section in club level had left. My son and daughter kept asking why would people leave after they paid all that money??????? I didn't have an answer. I would of like a better experience. I do think that the lack of sun light that gets into the stadium is a huge issue....</P>

should of been a dome I guess.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Took my family up to the stadium for the first time last sunday (i live in WV). 400 dollars a seat=1600, And by the third quarter almost all most my entire section in club level had left. My son and daughter kept asking why would people leave after they paid all that money??????? I didn't have an answer. I would of like a better experience. I do think that the lack of sun light that gets into the stadium is a huge issue....</p>

should of been a dome I guess.</p>

im pissed if i have to pay over 200 bucks man.

goddamn lol

BlueJayC
12-21-2011, 12:08 PM
The wind comment is 100% accurate.....last week's game was the windiest I can rememeber in the new place and even at this it wasn't more than a constant light breeze.......noticeable for everyone except Sir Lawrence.......</P>

Weather in the Northeast will always be a factor regardless of what kind of league it is......Pittsburgh.....New England.......etc. there's a reason those teamsrarely lose at home come playoff time.....and if they do it's usually to another team from the Northeast.....the elements.....2008 the Giants got cursed by drawing Philly in the Divisional Round......if AZ came here they would've been crushed.</P>

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 12:10 PM

Every night game I go to that place is ROCKING!!!!

As much as it pains me to say this, the older crowd thats there during the day games are quieter. There ARE some badass older folks that are up, wild, and loud, then again those are the same silver haired barbarians that are at the night games

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Took my family up to the stadium for the first time last sunday (i live in WV). 400 dollars a seat=1600, And by the third quarter almost all most my entire section in club level had left. My son and daughter kept asking why would people leave after they paid all that money??????? I didn't have an answer. I would of like a better experience. I do think that the lack of sun light that gets into the stadium is a huge issue....</p>

im pissed if i have to pay over 200 bucks man.

goddamn lol
Most Ive paid is for the game this weekend, then again we're sitting in the 200's.

I never pay over $150 including tax and parking pass, then again my favorite seats are in the 300s mid field. Preferably in the same section as 'The 1st Down Guy', 314 I think

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 12:17 PM

As much as it pains me to say this, the older crowd thats there during the day games are quieter. There ARE some badass older folks that are up, wild, and loud, then again those are the same silver haired barbarians that are at the night games

there absolutely is. I've actually been a victim of standing on third down and having some geezer telling me to sit down. It was in the old stadium, but still...

dezzzR
12-21-2011, 12:21 PM
texting ? verizon doesnt even get service by the verizon gate. lol

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM

there absolutely is. I've actually been a victim of standing on third down and having some geezer telling me to sit down. It was in the old stadium, but still...
WOW, what an old toolbag. 3rd downs on D and TDs are the 2 most appropriate times to stand up and get loud!!!!!

Whenever people tell me to sit down, I just play a deaf ear and get REALLY loud, LOL

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
And I thought they specifically shut out AT&amp;T service at that stadium, I cant get a single bar in the parking lot!!!

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
And I thought they specifically shut out AT&amp;T service at that stadium, I cant get a single bar in the parking lot!!!

thats just AT&amp;T sucking

it happens anywhere there are alot of people close together...

i hope AT&amp;T dies

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM

thats just AT&amp;T sucking

it happens anywhere there are alot of people close together...

i hope AT&amp;T dies
I went from Boost mobile to a Samsung Infuse smart phone, so I cant tell whats good and whats bad in terms of cell phones these days.... I still am learning the basics like apps and how to use the camera, LOL

Providence
12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Took my family up to the stadium for the first time last sunday (i live in WV).* 400 dollars a seat=1600, And by the third quarter almost all most my entire section in club level had left.* My son and daughter kept asking why would people leave after they paid all that money???????* I didn't have an answer.* I would of like a better experience.* I do think that the lack of sun light that gets into the stadium is a huge issue....</P>

should of been a dome I guess.</P>

It's worth remembering that a lot of fans could only dream of having the extra money to go see a Giants game live at the stadium.

Manning
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Its not a bad time if you go once a year or once every two years. But to go 8 (or 10 if you go to preseason) times a year, its not worth the hassle. After dealing with the traffic (highway & stadium foot traffic), parking, PSL costs, ticket costs, food & drink costs, the last thing I want to do is sit in the pouring rain, or freezing cold for 3+ hours.

And for the person who said to sell them, I'm going to.

After all the time and money they put into the facility, you would think they would have kept up with times and put on the retractable roof.

I didn't return to my seats after halftime in the shady 300 level endzone, I walked back out to my seats and couldn't feel my knees from the cold. They had the great hall club open to the public, so I went inside and watched in a heated room on a television screen, until the 3:30 train came. This is coming from someone who has NEVER left a game before it was really over.

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Going to the games SUCK.

Who knows I may get one when they build the next stadium in oh around 2035 & by then it will be requirment to have a retractable roof stadium . I'll only be 94 years young too. Can't wait.

Start saving. I'm sure PSL's will run about $100K.

Robert21156
12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

its garbage

</P>

</P>

Well, I'm NEVER "anti More Head", and I strongly agree that a dome was the right thing to do. The captured noise level creates energy for the home team and just makes sense when it truly has become a throwing league.</P>

jomo
12-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Say after me: Giants Stadium!

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
No dome!!!!

Domes are for sissy teams, I want my football like its supposed to be played, like it has been since the origin; IN THE ELEMENTS!!!

My favorite kind of game weatherwise to attend is hands down a night game in the snow. I still cant believe Detroit, Minny, and Indy have domes, I understand why they did it, to get SB bids, but we proved a cold weather city can get one without a dome.... No football stadium should have a dome except in the Arena league!!!!

Roosevelt
12-21-2011, 11:19 PM

It's worth remembering that a lot of fans could only dream of having the extra money to go see a Giants game live at the stadium.

What does that mean?

Roosevelt
12-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Its not a bad time if you go once a year or once every two years. But to go 8 (or 10 if you go to preseason) times a year, its not worth the hassle. After dealing with the traffic (highway &amp; stadium foot traffic), parking, PSL costs, ticket costs, food &amp; drink costs, the last thing I want to do is sit in the pouring rain, or freezing cold for 3+ hours.

After all the time and money they put into the facility, you would think they would have kept up with times and put on the retractable roof.

I didn't return to my seats after halftime in the shady 300 level endzone, I walked back out to my seats and couldn't feel my knees from the cold. They had the great hall club open to the public, so I went inside and watched in a heated room on a television screen, until the 3:30 train came. This is coming from someone who has NEVER left a game before it was really over.

Yon need to sell.

You're what the rest of us call a wuss. [;)]

Time to move on to the easy chair.

No problem. We'll all join you someday.

Manning
12-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Its not a bad time if you go once a year or once every two years. But to go 8 (or 10 if you go to preseason) times a year, its not worth the hassle. After dealing with the traffic (highway & stadium foot traffic), parking, PSL costs, ticket costs, food & drink costs, the last thing I want to do is sit in the pouring rain, or freezing cold for 3+ hours.

Yon need to sell.

You're what the rest of us call a wuss.* [;)]

Time to move on to the easy chair.

No problem.* We'll all join you someday.

Do it for 15 years, and regardless of how big a fan you are, it will wear off. It's just frustrating that they made no upgrades to the general ticket holder, but only downgraded everything for me. higher prices for tickets, food, drinks; seat in same row and section but much further from field. 30+ minutes to just get out of the stadium. God forbid there was an evacuation, only a few people would make it out a live.

Phlash31
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
I can't believe these fools call themselves Giants fans and are complaining about the lack of a roof. Obviously you shouldn't be living in the north-east if you can't take the cold. Move to Florida and start rooting for the Bucks, then follow them to L.A. when they get kicked out of Tampa. Then you can really start complaining about the cost of living.

Manning
12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
I can't believe these fools call themselves Giants fans and are complaining about the lack of a roof. Obviously you shouldn't be living in the north-east if you can't take the cold. Move to Florida and start rooting for the Bucks, then follow them to L.A. when they get kicked out of Tampa. Then you can really start complaining about the cost of living.

I hope you are a season ticket holder, and have been for many years. Otherwise, you aren't in the right frame of mind to make that comment.

I can't justify spending $5000+ a year anymore.

The gameday experience sucks at MetLife end of story. At least Jerry Jones got it right, and realized football is turning into a TV sport. He wanted to make going to a game an experience, not just about spectating the game. And its not just about a roof or the lack of a roof.

I for one have said multiple times, wow I wan't to go to a game at Cowboys Stadium next year. I don't hear anyone from opposing teams saying this about MetLife.

BurnerNYG
12-22-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't know what part of retractable roof some of you guys don't understand? Retractable means that the roof will open and close. Retractable roof means that they might have a chance to host the Final 4, NBA All-Star weekend and some major boxing events. It's not all about football nowadays... football stadiums can bring in some major revenue. Nobody wants to watch a Superbowl in negative degree temperatures... they'll show up but I bet it'll be the last time.