PDA

View Full Version : was anyone worried when the redskins scored to get lead with 1:38 to play

ryan12
10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
i mean we were losing so i wasnt happy about it. i wasnt expecting a homerun to cruz 2nd play of drive but i had all the confidence eli would bring us down and score.... not a fg but score having the best qb in the nfl in the 4th quater and best 2 minute qb is a huge weapon

RoanokeFan
10-22-2012, 01:30 PM
No. I looked at the time left, plus three time outs and knew if it could be done, Eli would. Now did I think that Eli would throw a heart stopping bomb, no. But the defenders playing off Cruz dictated that he go for it.

pthere55
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
One thing i remember saying was "Eli got this". I was told i have too much confidence in Eli.

EliDaMANning
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Eli was pretty inaccurate on several throws the entire game but I still wasn't worried. I was actually laughing after Moss scored because they had no idea what they were getting into.

Sometimes it feels like the defense just lets up and gives up a score knowing they have Eli to pick up the slack. I guess that's we're accustomed to seeing now.

zimonami
10-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I was thinking I liked our chances with Eli... like Ro said, we had 3 TO's and 1:27?
When he threw the bomb I honestly thought... "What are the peeps on GMB's going to be like when Eli doesn't come through.
We know it has to happen.

ryan12
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
yeah he was a lil off yesterday he missed cruz a few times and the two picks were horrible. but it is 4 quater eli noone does it better with 2 minutes left team down then him. props to eli

RoanokeFan
Eli was pretty inaccurate on several throws the entire game but I still wasn't worried. I was actually laughing after Moss scored because they had no idea what they were getting into.

Sometimes it feels like the defense just lets up and gives up a score knowing they have Eli to pick up the slack. I guess that's we're accustomed to seeing now.

I actually thought they would bring in Andre Brown for the first snap to see if he could break loose.

stormblue
i was absolutely worried.
even though he is notorious for
for being clutch in those situations
not even Eli does it every time.

and he had already thrown 2 pics,
and missed 2 touchdown throws.

so yeah , i was anxious as hell.

EliDaMANning
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I actually thought they would bring in Andre Brown for the first snap to see if he could break loose.They could have easily done that but I notice they use the running plays more on 2nd or 3rd and shorts. The way Eli gets this team on the LOS is insane.

I was more concerned about them playing for a FG, but that was all gone 2 plays later.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I was worried that it might go to OT since it was my anniversary :D

PETEY006
10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Not one bit !

I was laughing at the fact that the Redskins left so much time for Eli to operate.
I said to myself with confidence "Eli got this"
3 time outs and a minute an half is more than enough time for Eli

I was a bit worried that we scored so quickly and RG3 might have a chance to score again.. but of course the fumble ruined that. :)

bigjeep
10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
No. I looked at the time left, plus three time outs and knew if it could be done, Eli would. Now did I think that Eli would throw a heart stopping bomb, no. But the defenders playing off Cruz dictated that he go for it.

I was hoping for a field goal, but the way Eli was playing, I wasn't to sure we could do it!

egyptian420
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I actually got exactly what I wished for. I told my buddy right before that play I hope they just score a TD on the next play.

I just knew they would drive down and score a TD and the last thing I wanted was for them to kill the clock while doing so.

With them scoring and leaving us 1:30 or so with 3 timouts, I knew there wasn't anyone else in that situation I would rather have than Eli.

ryan12
I actually thought they would bring in Andre Brown for the first snap to see if he could break loose.

we have really mismanged the amount of running plays and snaps for brown imo. there were alot of times when i thought for sure we would run and we passed. we need to run more to set up pass

kodijake
I was actually worried we scored to quickly. The way the D was playing yesterday, I was afraid Eli and the offense were going to have to score 14 points in that last 93 seconds.

Rudyy
10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I was worried because our offense wasn't really "there" throughout the game. Boy did that Eli prove me wrong once again.

DemandedAce
10-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I turned to the Skins fans sitting next to me and told them "you all left Eli way too much clock"

BigBlue1971
10-22-2012, 02:11 PM
i was somewhat concerned when the skins scored late; however i remembered we have Eli coming to the field with 1;36 left!

i mean that type situation is what Eli lives for and with that much time left i remained calm and decided to let him do his work!

needless to say he again performed in the clutch! maybe he should change his name to "performs in the clutch" Manning! that suits him well.

JSpin
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Honestly this might sound like I'm lying but I wasn't worried at all haha. We have the most clutch QB in the game. When has he ever failed in those situations?

RichardMc
10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
I expect I was a lot more worried than Eli was.

GMENAGAIN
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
How could you not be worried at that point???

I would say that I was worried but hopeful . . . . .

Gimaniac
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
We had them right where we wanted them.

EnragedYouth85
10-22-2012, 02:43 PM
My heart fell to the floor on that 4th down play, then shattered when they scored that TD. I know we had time and 3 timeouts left, but I would love not to have a heart attack every game! lol

If anyone can do it, Eli can but why always leave it up to him!

Moke
10-22-2012, 02:44 PM

This. I was worried with 1:38 but I saw we had 3 timeouts left. Normally in those situations we have like 1 timeout LOL.

So, I wasn't that worried at all.

Signature NYG
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I was more mad than worried. I knew Eli and the o would at least get a fg and send it to ot but anything can happen like Cruz slip vs sehawks. We were in position to win but then boom simple things like that change games. I felt we shouldn't have been in a position were any mistake could cost us the game. I knee we would win though.My brother came in and said "how many timeouts?, were going to win" I was like don't jinx it and then boom lol

45Jones
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
i was absolutely worried.
even though he is notorious for
for being clutch in those situations
not even Eli does it every time.

and he had already thrown 2 pics,
and missed 2 touchdown throws.

so yeah , i was anxious as hell.

One honest guy in the room. This was me. I felt a little guilty for doubting afterword though. Glad I was wrong.

JB456
10-22-2012, 04:45 PM
One honest guy in the room. This was me. I felt a little guilty for doubting afterword though. Glad I was wrong.

I was worried too. I think anyone who says they weren't worried is bsin. How could you not be worried? If the Giants didn't score, they lose!

Now, I wasn't worried that the Redskins would respond for some reason... I don't even know why. It like I felt the Giants broke their back and their will with that last TD to Cruz.

Antwuan
10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I wasn't, I Believe In Eli.

nygfan90
10-22-2012, 04:51 PM
My gf and her dad were both like "well thats probably game over" (which is weird cuz usually they're the optimistic ones). I was like, you guys do realize we have Eli right? lol anyway, yeah.

BlueReign
10-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I wasn't overly nervous.

ozzie0075
10-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Wasn't nervous at all. Every time we have needed Eli to come through he has. Sometimes Eli helps build the mess the Giants find themselves in but he just about always cleans it up.

ImElectric2
10-22-2012, 05:11 PM
I was semi nervous. I knew it could be done because of Eli but nothing is given in this league. I was just saying over and over "you got this, Eli, you got this....just settle down and reel in your throws" as he was wildly inaccurate most of the game. I then proceeded to go nuts as Cruz salsaed his heart out.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I was still hopeful, but worried. I was thinking more of tying field goal than 77 yard bomb.

zimonami
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Honestly this might sound like I'm lying but I wasn't worried at all haha. We have the most clutch QB in the game. When has he ever failed in those situations?
Not that long ago... like, in the most recent Eagles game.