PDA

View Full Version : Did our Defense make RG3 look great

sheepdip
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I am not taking anything away from him and he looks to be the real thing but..... it doesnt help that the giants allowed Morris to drag tacklers for extra couple of yards or ran through wide open holes. We didnt put RG3 in too many bad positions, which helps his cause. Most of the play action smoke and mirror stuff had giants defenders get faked out of there pants and couldn't locate the ball, half the time RG3 wasn't even concealing the ball that much or selling the fake that much. If our guys stayed home a little better and or tackled better and played the run maybe he wouldnt have looked so well.

I do think he will be real good thou.
PS the giants Defense has made a lot of qbs look good.

Moke
10-22-2012, 03:09 PM
The gimmicks might have ****ed us over and Alfred Morris really gave us a punch. I think their ability to run let RGIII really have a good game. All in all though, the Giants still had a good game.

I think we just need to work on playing RGIII on the run.

GameTime
10-22-2012, 03:10 PM
when a team has a good day it is usually a combo of both the D playing subpar and the opposing O doing well. The Giants D came up with big plays when they needed them and did hold Morris in the 2nd half.
I think RG3 is new and not much film yet but he had a very good day. I credit him more with a good day then the Giants D being poor.

Redeyejedi
10-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Giants game plan didnt make sense. I didnt watch the game again yet but it looked like a lot of 2 gaping which makes no sense with are front 4 that is predicated on pressure. I hate when the Giants play read and react they should be attacking like they did in the 2nd half

PETEY006
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I said before the game that we'll win if we made RG3 a pocket passer. The Redskins did a great job running the ball yesterday that eventually set up pass.

I think next time we play, we gotta jump out to an early lead so Washington will pass the ball more. I rather see RG3 pass than run..

Diamondring
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I am not taking anything away from him and he looks to be the real thing but..... it doesnt help that the giants allowed Morris to drag tacklers for extra couple of yards or ran through wide open holes. We didnt put RG3 in too many bad positions, which helps his cause. Most of the play action smoke and mirror stuff had giants defenders get faked out of there pants and couldn't locate the ball, half the time RG3 wasn't even concealing the ball that much or selling the fake that much. If our guys stayed home a little better and or tackled better and played the run maybe he wouldnt have looked so well.

PS the giants Defense has made a lot of qbs look good.No RG3 is real good and he is young so he will get faster. Then when he starts to get in his 30s, he might slow down. He is that good until we get some defenders who can run with him. He did very good but the defense still held him under 30 points. No defense is going to stop some players cause some players may be real fast and agile for our players. Note that when RG3 runs, there are not that many defenders around him and the ones who are free are not fast enough to get him. Don't worry about the guys on our defense cause they are good. Yet there are offense that are able to match our defense. MR RG3 is one of the big time weapons and hopefyll they don't get too many.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 03:13 PM
You do realize that 23 points is the second fewest scored by the Redskins this year, right? (the first being 17 points against Atlanta who also has a really good D).

Our defense gives me fits at times, but considering their run under RGIII, we did pretty good apparently.

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Giants game plan didnt make sense. I didnt watch the game again yet but it looked like a lot of 2 gaping which makes no sense with are front 4 that is predicated on pressure. I hate when the Giants play read and react they should be attacking like they did in the 2nd half

Considering Shanahan's pension for zone block run plays, I'm surprised we didn't run blitz more.

Redeyejedi
10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Considering Shanahan's pension for zone block run plays, I'm surprised we didn't run blitz more. In the 2nd half they stopped with the 2 gapping and besides that 1 TD drive really beat up the Skins offense.

DVision
10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
They're a top rated offense so it hasn't been just our defense that they've had success against. They had a perfect redzone record going into the game (all touchdowns), so in actuality we did a very good job of keeping them out of the endzone. We've given up a lot of yards, but are giving up less than 20 pts a game and creating a lot of turnovers. Not bad!

Kruunch
10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
In the 2nd half they stopped with the 2 gapping and besides that 1 TD drive really beat up the Skins offense.

Not sure I'd have said "beat up". The turnover-fest in the 3rd quarter seemed to derail both offenses.

NYFG
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
RG III made RG III look good. The kid is a heck of a player. We have a bend and don't break defense, which creates a lot of turnovers, tho our run d could be better.

Buddy333
10-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Well at least they seemed to make adjustments in the second half. I think not having Williams hurt as well. They should probably have had Rivers play the entire game.

giantsforce
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM

PS the giants Defense has made a lot of qbs look good.While RG3 is a great athlete, we must remember that the same D made the likes of Rex Grossman, Vince Young, What's-his-name-in Seattle look like RG3

rxc999
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
RG3 is an athelete..and good player..we have to contend with him for next few yrs..on the same side our run D was horrible as well..but i expect to see a big improvement in the next matchup

CTLadyBlue
10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Granted our D gave up a lot of running yards, but they got three sacks on the uncatchable Griffin AND forced about five turnovers. Granted we're going to be coming up with something slick and different the next time we face him now that we know what we're dealing with

JB456
10-22-2012, 04:34 PM
The gimmicks might have ****ed us over and Alfred Morris really gave us a punch. I think their ability to run let RGIII really have a good game. All in all though, the Giants still had a good game.

I think we just need to work on playing RGIII on the run.

RGIII wouldn't have done nearly as well if Morris wasn't making the Giants look stupid. It seemed like Morris was getting an extra 3 yards + after contact. What did he have over 100+ yards in the first half? I'm sorry, but that is rediculous. If we shut Morris down or even contained him, say 50-70 yards in the first half, RGIII's play action wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Toadofsteel
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
RGIII wouldn't have done nearly as well if Morris wasn't making the Giants look stupid. It seemed like Morris was getting an extra 3 yards + after contact. What did he have over 100+ yards in the first half? I'm sorry, but that is rediculous. If we shut Morris down or even contained him, say 50-70 yards in the first half, RGIII's play action wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

To be fair, Griffin and Morris are possibly the best in the NFL at selling the play action. Griffin freaking buries the ball in Morris before dropping back. I've seen play actions by Eli that the ball gets nowhere close to the RB.

dave56dj
10-22-2012, 04:44 PM
While fans like to point to the anomalies of rex grossman - vince young and a few other back ups throughout the years - the Giants have actually made most QB's look much worse then they are. There are occasional exceptions for sure - thats the nature of the game and will stick out more - like a shark attack - but on the whole the defense is actually very adept at making qb's look worse then they really are. Sure romo and rogers and brady have put up numbers against the giants but they have also been picked and sacked more then they usually are against most teams.

No we did not make RG3 look that good - he is that good - and we turned him over twice. A fumble and a pick - he had 2 picks coming inot the game - so id say we made him look even worse then he had. The guy is gonna be very very good - his olympic speed and accuracy makes him a nightmare matchup for any d - please see vikings game or the fact that they are 4th overall in offense and there best wideout has barely played.

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 04:52 PM
RG3 made himself look good, the guy is an absolute stud and will be a great qb when its all said and done. I watched a lot of this guys games and thought he was head and shoulders better then Cam. Cam is a great athlete RG3 is a great qb, very intelligent qb. The next 10 years facing this guy are going to suck.

DVision
10-22-2012, 05:04 PM
The Shanihans deserve a lot of credit also. The offensive scheme they built for RGIII is pretty nice! Haven't seen some of their formations since I played pee wee football!

Gimaniac
10-22-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't believe the Redskins current style of play will be a success in the long term, but credit Shanahan for getting the most out of RG3 as a rookie.

That being said, the Giants run defense is mediocre at best, so yes to the OP as far as the Redskins ability to run the ball with the RG3.

JB456
10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
To be fair, Griffin and Morris are possibly the best in the NFL at selling the play action. Griffin freaking buries the ball in Morris before dropping back. I've seen play actions by Eli that the ball gets nowhere close to the RB.

To be fair, I must say RGIII looked very good yesterday but what I was trying to get at was it wasn't just him. The Giants run D was atrocious and most know that when your team can't stop the run, bad things tend to happen in the passing game (That pass to Moss was a thing of beauty though). I was just mentioning that RGIII benefited from a rediculous run game.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 05:23 PM
To be fair, I must say RGIII looked very good yesterday but what I was trying to get at was it wasn't just him. The Giants run D was atrocious and most know that when your team can't stop the run, bad things tend to happen in the passing game (That pass to Moss was a thing of beauty though). I was just mentioning that RGIII benefited from a rediculous run game.you said it perfect my friend...my how people forget how bad Morris was killing us. We had him dead to rights in the backfield a couple times and he would just drag players for 4 or 5 yards and make a 2 yard gain 7 or a negative play to 4 yards. It was sickening the tackling..

giant-4-life
10-22-2012, 06:31 PM
when a team has a good day it is usually a combo of both the D playing subpar and the opposing O doing well. The Giants D came up with big plays when they needed them and did hold Morris in the 2nd half.
I think RG3 is new and not much film yet but he had a very good day. I credit him more with a good day then the Giants D being poor.

mark my word on this. this is something I've seen lately. QB's that run alot like RGIII, Vick, Randal cunningham's is, they always get hurt thinking they are invincible or their legs will keep them out of harms way.. always fails. I mean Epic wise.

I'm not wishing this on anyone.It's just a casual observation. once everyone gets film on him, he will be a target. A guy like Suh would be dirty enough to harm him on purpose.

Redeyejedi
10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Once the Giants adjusted after the half the Skins Offense was held in check. Alfred Morris was invisible in the 2nd half. They just handed him yards in the first half it was ridiculous.