PDA

View Full Version : Lets not get carried away with RG3

bigjeep
10-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes, he looks like Vick with a throwing arm, faster and younger. But, with time, defenses will start to figure him out like they always do and sooner or latter, the hits he's going to take will add up like a Cash register and take its toll. It happened to Vick and the rest of the scramblers and it will happen to him!

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I agree.....

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I disagree, Vick is a great athlete that plays qb, Griffin in a qb that is athletic. I think he will end up being more in the Steve Young area.

Redeyejedi
10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Griffin will get hurt. His frame will take him out.

wolfie
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM
I think he will be one of the best, because unlike Vick & Newton he has a brain and uses it. That being said... the reason he looks as good as he does right now is the OL for the skins. When you have a running game like they do, the QB postion is a lot easier, and the QB looks a lot better than he is. Look at Sanchez with the Jets. When they were running, he was good. Now that they aren't, not so much.

I'm not saying RGIII won't be good to very good, but the OL makes a huge difference.

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I think he will be one of the best, because unlike Vick & Newton he has a brain and uses it. That being said... the reason he looks as good as he does right now is the OL for the skins. When you have a running game like they do, the QB postion is a lot easier, and the QB looks a lot better than he is. Look at Sanchez with the Jets. When they were running, he was good. Now that they aren't, not so much.

I'm not saying RGIII won't be good to very good, but the OL makes a huge difference.

You sir are correct, he is very intelligent.

BlueReign
10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
You sir are correct, he is very intelligent.
THIS is what makes him more dangerous than Vick/Newton

dannyboomboom1
10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
He's a gimmick... Like all other gimmicky QBs in the NFL, the D will scheme against them and their bodies will not be able to handle the toll... My litmus test for a QB like him; Prove you can play at a top level for an entire season, prove you can stay a top QB for 3 seasons, prove you can win on the road late in the year, prove you can lead your team back late in the 4th on more than 1 occasion, prove you can win a big game/playoff game. Until you're able to do this you will NOT be considered to be in the top tier in my book. Until this happens he is just Bob Griffen...

wolfie
10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks... maybe you'd like to talk to my wife.

DVision
10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Didn't know you can just "figure out" exceptional speed, athleticism, accuracy and brains! Vick only has 3 of the 4 and our defense has yet to figure him out enough to pull out a victory since he's been in Philly!!

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 04:21 PM
He's a gimmick... Like all other gimmicky QBs in the NFL, the D will scheme against them and their bodies will not be able to handle the toll... My litmus test for a QB like him; Prove you can play at a top level for an entire season, prove you can stay a top QB for 3 seasons, prove you can win on the road late in the year, prove you can lead your team back late in the 4th on more than 1 occasion, prove you can win a big game/playoff game. Until you're able to do this you will NOT be considered to be in the top tier in my book. Until this happens he is just Bob Griffen...

In time he will, he did bring the skins back in the 4th on the road against the champs. For a rookie that's impressive, if that's not enough look at that 4th down play he made. Vick and Newton would pull it down and run, the guys eyes remain down field and not on the rush. He looks to pass first and run second.

dsd28
10-22-2012, 04:22 PM
the redskins are running a college read-option offense in the nfl. there's a good reason that no other team uses that as their primary offense, it won't work over the long haul due to the higher level of athleticism of nfl defenses. while there is no doubt rg3 has the tools to be successful, just wait for teams to have a full season of game tape on him and a full off season to game plan for it. look at the struggles newton is having in his second year after setting records as a rookie.

jax5338
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
definitely think he has the advantage over vick and newton in being the smarter player. id still be worried about him getting hurt though.

he's a very talented player but we have had hype liek this for vick and cam before so i will hold off on crowning him just yet.

dave56dj
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
No No No - you have it all wrong - get carried away - anoint him the greatest rookie QB of all time - That he will lead the skins to superbowls galore. Our lowly giants can only hope to play against him and our led footed eli should kiss the feet of the new king. We are lucky to be in his presence. Lucky to have beaten him. Lucky to have won 2 in the last 5 years -Coughlin cares nothing about fan rhetoric, back pages, analysts who know nothing, overhyped talent, me first players, records, TALK IS CHEAP - PLAY THE GAME. Oh and of course thank you to guys like cam, vick, rogers mathews rg3 desean Brady and all those ACTUALLY talented players who have let us come into their houses (save for the eagles) bust in their doors and LET US win. Rg3 you are the king - eli you lowly piece of crap you'll just have to keep hoping these guys let you keep winning - you talentless freak. TO RG3 - THE KING.

TheAnalyst
10-22-2012, 05:41 PM
The college offense scheme they run right now will get figured out, but he is smart enough to evolve unlike Vick or Newton.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 05:47 PM
No No No - you have it all wrong - get carried away - anoint him the greatest rookie QB of all time - That he will lead the skins to superbowls galore. Our lowly giants can only hope to play against him and our led footed eli should kiss the feet of the new king. We are lucky to be in his presence. Lucky to have beaten him. Lucky to have won 2 in the last 5 years -Coughlin cares nothing about fan rhetoric, back pages, analysts who know nothing, overhyped talent, me first players, records, TALK IS CHEAP - PLAY THE GAME. Oh and of course thank you to guys like cam, vick, rogers mathews rg3 desean Brady and all those ACTUALLY talented players who have let us come into their houses (save for the eagles) bust in their doors and LET US win. Rg3 you are the king - eli you lowly piece of crap you'll just have to keep hoping these guys let you keep winning - you talentless freak. TO RG3 - THE KING.Lmao this is the funniest thing I read all day... it's like the Giants didn't even win yesterday. EVERYONE on t.v. is pounding their chest about this kid.

dave56dj
10-22-2012, 06:00 PM
And let them - even our own fans are killing gilbride - fewell - ab's "tantrum" eli and more. We are the lowly lucky giants and we are in awe of RG3. If only our QB had those legs and not his pin point accuracy and ability to read a field faster then almost anyone in the game. Ugh - why can't he run a 4.2 and be an olympic athlete - why can't he run with reckless abandon which has proven to cause more injuries then to any standard pocket Q....why can't he have won 3 games as a rookie in his first 7? WHY WHY WHY? TO THE KING - RG3. Guess who doesn't care - the 53 and coughlin and reese and mara - AND ME. ALWAYS AND FOREVER PROUD TO LOVE BIG BLUE.

Please note i believe RG3 Is a phenomenal athelete and he is not running a gimmick offense - i believe it just works to his ability - that said let everyone gush over their new toys - im happy with the standard ho hum top 5 offense we throw out there almost every year and get no credit for.

Does anyone realize we have 2 of the best wideouts in the game - arguable the best q and best end in the game - nah we are talentless and no flash = just the way it ought to be.

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Being a life long Giants fan I no problem tipping my cap to an opposing player. I don't think anyone on here said that he was better than Eli, no one has said we were lucky to beat them. I don't know why we as fans cant say that a player on another team is the real deal, but on the other hand we want every team fans we play to say that Eli is the best qb in the league and if they disagree they are stupid. Cant have it both ways, give credit to where credit is due.

giantsfam04
10-22-2012, 06:12 PM
The college offense scheme they run right now will get figured out, but he is smart enough to evolve unlike Vick or Newton.

There offense will evolve as he gets more reps and learns to play the game at this level.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
And let them - even our own fans are killing gilbride - fewell - ab's "tantrum" eli and more. We are the lowly lucky giants and we are in awe of RG3. If only our QB had those legs and not his pin point accuracy and ability to read a field faster then almost anyone in the game. Ugh - why can't he run a 4.2 and be an olympic athlete - why can't he run with reckless abandon which has proven to cause more injuries then to any standard pocket Q....why can't he have won 3 games as a rookie in his first 7? WHY WHY WHY? TO THE KING - RG3. Guess who doesn't care - the 53 and coughlin and reese and mara - AND ME. ALWAYS AND FOREVER PROUD TO LOVE BIG BLUE.

Please note i believe RG3 Is a phenomenal athelete and he is not running a gimmick offense - i believe it just works to his ability - that said let everyone gush over their new toys - im happy with the standard ho hum top 5 offense we throw out there almost every year and get no credit for.

Does anyone realize we have 2 of the best wideouts in the game - arguable the best q and best end in the game - nah we are talentless and no flash = just the way it ought to be.Lmao I'm just saying I agree with what you said.

dave56dj
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Actually there have been many threads started that we were lucky to have won - and there was one stating that RG3 would take the skins to multiple sb's. Again i think i stated failry clearly that he is a phenomenal talent and a very good looking young QB. However we have a better QB and we won the game yesterday and for the media to be so overhyped about the losing opponent is classic and just the way i'd like it. Had the jets beaten the pats it would have been a similar reaction. Again - the giants get there props - but don't seem to get the respect they truly deserve and many of the shinier awe inspiring talents do - the often look better then they produce.

Again all i did was credit him - but a reminder - he is not a sb winner - he is still new to the league - he has looked VERY impressive - but its eli who looked more impressive and that gets swept uner the carpet cause he has done it before. Again washington looks set for a while with a fantastic athlete - but lets not get carried away. this league has proven that running q's dont always last - but he may be an exception like young. I just choose to praise the team that actually won more then the shiny new q who lost - knowing he will only get better too.

dave56dj
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
To eliiscruuz - i know i was just expounding. Thanks

G-MENBK
10-22-2012, 06:20 PM
He suffered a concussion against the Falcons.

This will be the first in many injuries that are in store for him...unless he uses the running game to a bare minimal.

FrankAE
10-22-2012, 08:11 PM
what is with the hurt talk. Even as a Giants fan I don't wish injury on anyone, and hope no body does get injured. RG3 is having bright shines of potential, so much to say it not potential he's actually that premier, good for him. But as time progresses teams will figure him out and slow him down. Especially TC and company.

Just like Vick as time goes by, traits will show and teams will know which side he's getting better at and favoring.

fansince69
10-22-2012, 08:17 PM
what is with the hurt talk. Even as a Giants fan I don't wish injury on anyone, and hope no body does get injured. RG3 is having bright shines of potential, so much to say it not potential he's actually that premier, good for him. But as time progresses teams will figure him out and slow him down. Especially TC and company.

Just like Vick as time goes by, traits will show and teams will know which side he's getting better at and favoring.

I have no idea why everyone keeps comparing him to Vick.....this guy throws the ball like an actual QB unlike vick who had a strong arm but has trouble with acuracy..........Griffith only runs when he has too...he is a good qb who happens to be a good runner

Vick is a good running back who can throw the ball.....huge difference

Delicreep
10-22-2012, 08:41 PM
He has been extremely impressive in his first 7 games, making plays with his feet and his very, very accurate arm. He is a play maker.

Wait a second...that was exactly how Romo was described initially.

As was Cam Newton.

He's got my respect, but that's as far as it goes until he has 2 full seasons.

And we were idiots for not keeping Rivers in 2004.

FuriousGeorge
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
We must not get to ahead of ourselves. Griffin is a great quarterback in his rookie year and he makes great decisions in tough situations. He will be great, that I will say. I hope to God they don't get good receivers. The Redskins will also be a tough contender in the coming years just like the Eagles and the Cowboys are to us right now. That being said, the Eagles are on a downward slope and so are the Cowboys - in my opinion.

NYG 5
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
he has a lot of great qualities, doesn't have many weaknesses, except one critical one: push in the pocket a little bit, take away his first read, and he puts his eyes down and looks for a spot to run too, instead of feeling the pressure while still looking downfield. if he can learn to do that, he'll be a beast. if he doesn't, he's just another randall cunningham who never wins anything.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 11:07 PM

wow thats the 1rst i've heard someone besides myself make that point.

some other things;
shanny is doing rg3 a disservice. theyre running a college offense, in fact, a large part of their offense is literally what he ran at baylor. i get why theyre using it, but its not helping rg3 mature as a qb imho. vs us, he had an int bc he didnt move off his one read progression (ala vick), and he also took sacks bc he couldnt sense the pressure.
all in all, he made maybe 4-5 throws that a prototypical pocket passer would make...everything else was a one read progression based off the spread option PA fake...aside from 2-3 passes, everything was that PA read slant pass, or the PA QB keeper, or the hand off. That offense aint winning a SB. RG3 needs to learn how to read defenses presnap if hes gonna be special. if he can be like eli at all presnap, he'd be unstoppable. but right now washington isn't catering to that. they're treating him like a gimmick qb, and maybe its bc shannahan sees weaknesses that we dont bc we're not at their practices...whatever the case, rg3 is a special talent and he's doing well in this college based system, that said, it wont help him mature as a qb. cam newton looked even better as a passer last yr than rg3, look at how he looks now...

pino
10-23-2012, 12:14 AM
If a defense is a well oiled machine it wouldn't matter who the QB is. One person does not make a team.

But so far I can understand why the skins are excited about their QB. Hopefully they can make the games more interesting for years to come. We have Eli. I'm happy.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
im actually growing more pissed off at tuck and osi for their complimenting rg3 the way they did after the game. if they want to say something, say it to him personally. theres no need to prop him up the way they did, it will give him confidence while also being a possible motivator for romo/vick. saying rg3 the best qb they faced and how theyre pissed he's in the nfce bc hes sooo good (gimme a break tuck) is an indirect statement about vick n romo...i dunno, nfl network/espn are acting like rg3 surpassed eli solely bc of what tuck n osi were saying.
no surprise to me that it was boley who reminded everyone that eli is not only the best 4th quarter qb, but the best qb period...

but with that said, shannahan and rg3 were very respectful and complimentary of eli and co. so maybe it wont be a bad thing two heated rivals who have faced each other hundreds of times to be respectful and buddy buddy with each other

FrankAE
10-23-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm kind of glad they did, from another point of view they have no excuse not to show up prepared for future games. And possibly maybe Tuck retires knowing he's no longer built for these type of games, honestly I would love for him to show signs he's far from finished but I'm afraid he is. Seems like he's playing scared of injury and it's time to rotate Ojomo in very often.

It's time some young guns get much more playing time, Stevie Brown, Hosley and Ojomo all show major signs of potential. While it's clear now Kenny Phillips, Webster and Tuck are the three very replaceable men. Osi also, but he showed alot of heart in this skins game. His effort was there, his skill set has diminished but he showed up to play and did.

GFiP
10-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Morris was dominating. It's not difficult for a qb to complete passes with 9 guys in the box.

BlueSanta
10-23-2012, 04:30 AM

I agree. He has all the skills but his frame is too small. It may take a couple years like it did with Vick, but this kid will be even more frail.

BlueSanta
10-23-2012, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=giantsfan420;547237]im actually growing more pissed off at tuck and osi for their complimenting rg3 the way they did after the game. if they want to say something, say it to him personally./QUOTE]

Nonsense, this isnt war, it is football. Believe it or not, in many cases these guys are all friends off the field. I didnt see you rage when the Redskin players were so adoring of Eli.

Showing respect is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign of class.

Captain Chaos
10-23-2012, 04:50 AM
This kid will be dangerous, I don't know if he will be able to stand up to the beating...it normally takes its toll after a couple of seasons.

Riggins44
10-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Just figured I'd clear some things up.

The reason why we run the offense that we do, is because it works for one, because he'd struggle like all rookies would in a straight drop back, complex, throw to the wolves passing offense, and because our o-line, due to injuries and lack of adequate talent at certain positions. Because of that, we try to emphasize the running game, use misdirection, playaction, screens, and quick, rythmic passes, in order to hide our weaknesses.

Before Garcon went out in the Saints game,we were more potent, and were employing more of a pro style offense, and when he got hurt, we decided to add more wrinkles to our offense. Our offense is among the most versatile in the league. Griffin gets better every week, and is every bit as capable of running a more current pro style offense as anyone else. The fact that what we do is working so well, is why we continue to run it.

Though our offense is tough to defend, even with weeks of tape, we know that eventually teams will begin to better prepare for us, and at least have a better idea of what is coming. The injury to Davis will not help us, at all, but I'm sure that with our coaching staff, we will find ways to move the chains, as we have been doing. We are by no means a one trick gimmick offense (we have run and thrown out of plenty of pro sets), and as we get better personnel over time, you will see that, and as a result, we will utilize less option plays, though we will always do it to give defenses something else to think about. As defenses start to adjust, so will we, because with who we have behind center, we have the ability to run a lot of different formations and concepts.

And I saw where a few people mentioned firing Perry Fewell. I think you guys have a very good defense, but I think it is hard to prepare for something that you have not seen face to face yet. We've been able to move the ball relatively well against everyone we've faced so far, so I don't think it reflects as badly on you all as you might think.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Just figured I'd clear some things up.

The reason why we run the offense that we do, is because it works for one, because he'd struggle like all rookies would in a straight drop back, complex, throw to the wolves passing offense, and because our o-line, due to injuries and lack of adequate talent at certain positions. Because of that, we try to emphasize the running game, use misdirection, playaction, screens, and quick, rythmic passes, in order to hide our weaknesses.

Before Garcon went out in the Saints game,we were more potent, and were employing more of a pro style offense, and when he got hurt, we decided to add more wrinkles to our offense. Our offense is among the most versatile in the league. Griffin gets better every week, and is every bit as capable of running a more current pro style offense as anyone else. The fact that what we do is working so well, is why we continue to run it.

Though our offense is tough to defend, even with weeks of tape, we know that eventually teams will begin to better prepare for us, and at least have a better idea of what is coming. The injury to Davis will not help us, at all, but I'm sure that with our coaching staff, we will find ways to move the chains, as we have been doing. We are by no means a one trick gimmick offense (we have run and thrown out of plenty of pro sets), and as we get better personnel over time, you will see that, and as a result, we will utilize less option plays, though we will always do it to give defenses something else to think about. As defenses start to adjust, so will we, because with who we have behind center, we have the ability to run a lot of different formations and concepts.

And I saw where a few people mentioned firing Perry Fewell. I think you guys have a very good defense, but I think it is hard to prepare for something that you have not seen face to face yet. We've been able to move the ball relatively well against everyone we've faced so far, so I don't think it reflects as badly on you all as you might think.
this is the most informed post i've seen a skins fan make...

i too believe rg3 will one day be able to run a pro style offense, but for whatever reason(s), u guys are running that college spread bs. that doesnt help rg3 at all, actually hurts him. yeah i saw u guys utilize a pro set, for like 3-4 plays...that pistol spread formation was ur base package on offense. and regardless of IF rg3 can read defenses and run a pro offense, he IS running a one read progression, college spread offense that is predicated on the gimmick of the formation/mobile qb, not the qbs ability to break down a d presnap...im not sayng rg3 sux or anything like thjat, im just not buying all this "hes the best qb ever" hype

Marvelousmik
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
im actually growing more pissed off at tuck and osi for their complimenting rg3 the way they did after the game. if they want to say something, say it to him personally. theres no need to prop him up the way they did, it will give him confidence while also being a possible motivator for romo/vick. saying rg3 the best qb they faced and how theyre pissed he's in the nfce bc hes sooo good (gimme a break tuck) is an indirect statement about vick n romo...i dunno, nfl network/espn are acting like rg3 surpassed eli solely bc of what tuck n osi were saying.
no surprise to me that it was boley who reminded everyone that eli is not only the best 4th quarter qb, but the best qb period...

but with that said, shannahan and rg3 were very respectful and complimentary of eli and co. so maybe it wont be a bad thing two heated rivals who have faced each other hundreds of times to be respectful and buddy buddy with each other

couldnt agree more. +1.

and im not buying into all the hype yet either

sharick88
10-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes, he looks like Vick with a throwing arm, faster and younger. But, with time, defenses will start to figure him out like they always do and sooner or latter, the hits he's going to take will add up like a Cash register and take its toll. It happened to Vick and the rest of the scramblers and it will happen to him!

Dude is NOTHING like Vick. He is way more accurate with the football and way less mistake prone. I'm sorry, but this guy is the real deal. I think he is a borderline star in the league. I wish he wasn't in the NFC East

GameTime
10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
I agree. He has all the skills but his frame is too small. It may take a couple years like it did with Vick, but this kid will be even more frail.
6'3" and 200...
not that small

thomsoad
10-23-2012, 04:44 PM
6'3" and 200...
not that small

is that it?
That is kinda thin....seriously judging the frame I honestly thought he was 230+
200 lbs is good for my Flag Football games...but he aint gonna last 4 years with the shots he has been taking.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 04:50 PM
6'3" and 200...
not that small
whens the last time u heard of a rb at 200 pds who played every snap?
...thats bc over a game, 300 lb. lineman and d players falling on you and running/hitting as hard as possible is too much for a frame that size...I dont think theres ever been an everydown rb/mobile qb at that weight whose been able to not have constant injury issues...that was actually one thing i stated over n over that didnt see really anyone else say and that was his size/frame wont hold up his style of play over the long haul.
hopefully for washingtons sake he is the pocketpasser they say he is bc that'll be really the only way to get the shelf life outta him imho

edit-and i use the term everydown rb bc RG3 is basically an everydown back bc he can run it on any down, and being the qb, he plays every snap so...

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Where are you guys getting 200lbs? He weighed in at 223lbs at the Combine.

DLT
10-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Skins fan here and I disagree with most of what is being said in this thread. 1st off why does everyone say that he will get figured out? It almost makes me feel uncomfortable when people say that.They do nt say that about non black QB's. They dont say that about Luck. They like to say that Cam got figured out but no one talks about how bad Stafford is looking. Did he get figured out also?

Anyways, as the Cam & Vick stuff goes; RG3 was a much purer & accurate passer in College than them and its been the same in the pros. Not to mention he is the 1st one in the building, the last to leave, and he processes things better. Someone in this thread said that he's leaning on a great O-line & running game? Even the Colts fans love to point out the great Redskins running game. Like people think RG3 has nothing to do with that. Its the threat of his running that makes it all work. Its just like Atlanta leading the league in rushing when Vick was there.

Our O-line was said to be our weakest spot coming into the season. We have Trent Williams, Jamal Brown, and a bunch of no names. As usual Brown is hurt and hasnt played a down this year. The line is benefiting from the fact that Defenses have to play on there heels because of RG3. As for the gimmick Offense, I keep telling people that much of it is a product of injuries. If we had a healthy Garcon then we wouldnt be doing this nearly as much. We didnt do it until he got hurt.

What RG3 has done without Garcon is amazing as is what he did to you guys without Garcon & Davis. No one even knows our other recievers except for Moss but this isnt the Moss of 5 years ago. Alot of people didnt even think he would make the team this year. He doenst play in the base sets. Its just like us now bringing Cooley back. He's far more name now than game. This is all RG3's work. The Offense will be alot more base when fully healthy next year and even later this year if Garcon gets back right.

Last but not least, people are underrating the coaching aspect. How many Offensive minds in the game are as good as Shanny's? You really think he cant build a base O for RG3 to run? You really think RG3 would be too dumb to run that base O? He's accurate, he'll easily go through his prorgressions, and he's a hard worker.

I do feel that he may come down to earth some this year but only because we have a crazy hard schedule, we're losing too many weapons, its about to get cold, and I think he will hit the rookie wall mentally & physcially. I wouldnt be shocked if he does or doesnt start to level out. However, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a beast for years to come. He's legit. This is not a gimmick. He's the total package. Can you imagine our O next year if we sign a Dewayne Bowe type? Bowe with a healthy Garcon & Davis? You dont think we could run a base O then, espically with Shanny's zone blocking scehme and his famous bootlegs off of it? We havent even done much of that yet.

Dont forget that Kyle Shanny also had the #1 Offense in the NFL when he was with Houston. You think Schaub is so much more talented & smarter than RG3 that he can do it but RG3 cant? I almost resent it. You can say that you arent buying it et because he hasnt played enough to prove it but Im sick of hearing all the stuff about teams figuring him out. Im sick of hearing him compared to other black QB's. Why isnt he Steve Young, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, etc............? Why didnt they get figured out

BlueSanta
10-23-2012, 05:53 PM
6'3" and 200...
not that small
Well, actually that would be very small. But that isnt his size, he weighs 217 according to the skins.

But, all that doesnt matter. I said small framed. There is a difference. He has very small legs, ankles and arms and at some point in his career, when the run game isnt thriving, he is going to be asked to drop back alot more than he has so far and defenses are going to tee off on him. Furthermore, mobile QBs(though he is a pass 1st guy unlike vick) do tend to get broken more than pocket passers.

Giantz4Life
10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Skins fan here and I disagree with most of what is being said in this thread. 1st off why does everyone say that he will get figured out? It almost makes me feel uncomfortable when people say that.They do nt say that about non black QB's. They dont say that about Luck. They like to say that Cam got figured out but no one talks about how bad Stafford is looking. Did he get figured out also?

Anyways, as the Cam & Vick stuff goes; RG3 was a much purer & accurate passer in College than them and its been the same in the pros. Not to mention he is the 1st one in the building, the last to leave, and he processes things better. Someone in this thread said that he's leaning on a great O-line & running game? Even the Colts fans love to point out the great Redskins running game. Like people think RG3 has nothing to do with that. Its the threat of his running that makes it all work. Its just like Atlanta leading the league in rushing when Vick was there.

Our O-line was said to be our weakest spot coming into the season. We have Trent Williams, Jamal Brown, and a bunch of no names. As usual Brown is hurt and hasnt played a down this year. The line is benefiting from the fact that Defenses have to play on there heels because of RG3. As for the gimmick Offense, I keep telling people that much of it is a product of injuries. If we had a healthy Garcon then we wouldnt be doing this nearly as much. We didnt do it until he got hurt.

What RG3 has done without Garcon is amazing as is what he did to you guys without Garcon & Davis. No one even knows our other recievers except for Moss but this isnt the Moss of 5 years ago. Alot of people didnt even think he would make the team this year. He doenst play in the base sets. Its just like us now bringing Cooley back. He's far more name now than game. This is all RG3's work. The Offense will be alot more base when fully healthy next year and even later this year if Garcon gets back right.

Last but not least, people are underrating the coaching aspect. How many Offensive minds in the game are as good as Shanny's? You really think he cant build a base O for RG3 to run? You really think RG3 would be too dumb to run that base O? He's accurate, he'll easily go through his prorgressions, and he's a hard worker.

I do feel that he may come down to earth some this year but only because we have a crazy hard schedule, we're losing too many weapons, its about to get cold, and I think he will hit the rookie wall mentally & physcially. I wouldnt be shocked if he does or doesnt start to level out. However, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a beast for years to come. He's legit. This is not a gimmick. He's the total package. Can you imagine our O next year if we sign a Dewayne Bowe type? Bowe with a healthy Garcon & Davis? You dont think we could run a base O then, espically with Shanny's zone blocking scehme and his famous bootlegs off of it? We havent even done much of that yet.

Dont forget that Kyle Shanny also had the #1 Offense in the NFL when he was with Houston. You think Schaub is so much more talented & smarter than RG3 that he can do it but RG3 cant? I almost resent it. You can say that you arent buying it et because he hasnt played enough to prove it but Im sick of hearing all the stuff about teams figuring him out. Im sick of hearing him compared to other black QB's. Why isnt he Steve Young, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, etc............? Why didnt they get figured out

Don't take it so personally. You are really trying to make this into a racial thing? And please don't bring up all time great QBs like Young, Elway and Tarkenton when referring to RG3. And they weren't figured out because they were THAT good and they played more than a half season in the NFL. If RG3 is truly as talented as he is playing so far then maybe he won't get figured out. But seriously, your point is garbage in that respect. We are talking about QBs in the NFL right now, not Hall of Fame QBs. That is why you are getting these comparisons to Newton and Vick.

Additionally, many people are talking about Stafford's regression, but the media chooses to focus on the sophomore slump of Cam because it is a much more intriguing story especially with his child like antics on the sidelines.

I don't know why you are complaining when everyone has been bowing down to RG3 including opposing players and teams.

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 06:49 PM
You know I've been defending RG3 a little here on these forums because I think some people are downplaying his achievements but NFL already made a section dedicated to him?

http://www.nfl.com/qs/rg3zone/index.jsp?icampaign=NFL_Rewards_RG3Zone

The RG3 Zone? Really NFL?

What about Peyton's Place or Brady's Beach? Why does RG3 get his own personal section? <.<

bigal1giant
10-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, he's quick, fast, has a gun for an arm and is a pretty bright guy. That said though, he still is a "little guy" by NFL QB standards and if, when the defensive coordinators figure out his tendencies, he'll take more and more heavy hits and end up being just as fragile as Vick!

GiantRoc
10-23-2012, 09:12 PM
As a Giant fan, I worry about this kid. He has played 7 NFL games and looks pretty damn good. Whats going to happen when he gets a real receiving corp and the D gets a secondary. They will the the team the Giants will need to beat in the near future. As far as size goes, how many of you guys think Drew Brees isnt a good QB. He is bigger than him by a good amount. The kid seems smart so I don't think he will keep taking big hits if he can help it. RG3 has a lot of talent. If you don't believe it, you're kidding yourself.

Parademon
10-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Giants ain't stupid. They will draft players to counter him in the coming yrs. Faster LBers, faster D-linemen. Wanna see how he does being down 21-10 in the 4th qt to a good D.