PDA

View Full Version : What I've learned from this forum

GentleGiant
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
After a loss-

Giants fan: I can't believe that! This is the worst team EVER! We should just cut everybody on O and D and just start over!

Guy: Did you lose?

Giants fan: No we won.

Guy: What? What's your record?

Giants fan: 5-2.

Guy: What? Why are you mad?! The patriots and packers are 4-3. The saints are 2-4.The steelers are 3-3. What's the problem?

Giants fan: Cause we don't have a perfect season and Eli isn't getting a first down on every single series and the defense isn't getting a turnover everytime the opponent has the ball. Plus Skip Bayless still exists.

Guy: ???????

After a win- basically the exact same thing as after a loss.

Come on people. We got to the super bowl with a 9-7 record. Now we have a 5-2 record so far. You'd think some of these fairweather "fans" and bandwagon "fans" would learn. Spoiled brats. We're in the makings of a dynasty and this is how people act.

I wonder if the reason why the giants don't have a bigger advantage at home is whether or not the fans are negative all the time.

Rudyy
10-22-2012, 10:54 PM
This is...

somewhat accurate.

GmenFan1980
10-22-2012, 11:06 PM
This is...

somewhat accurate.

False, He said after a loss, we are complaining we won.

People either A) Complain about our coaches(also happens when we win) B) Say Eli screwed up C) Our Defense sucks D) Say X player needs to be cut or replaced(happens when we win too) E) all of the above

Rudyy
10-22-2012, 11:10 PM
False, He said after a loss, we are complaining we won.

People either A) Complain about our coaches(also happens when we win) B) Say Eli screwed up C) Our Defense sucks D) Say X player needs to be cut or replaced(happens when we win too) E) all of the above I said somewhat accurate, not entirely true..but it's not far off.

fansince69
10-22-2012, 11:25 PM
After a loss-

Giants fan: I can't believe that! This is the worst team EVER! We should just cut everybody on O and D and just start over!

Guy: What? Why are you mad?! The patriots and packers are 4-3. The saints are 2-4.The steelers are 3-3. What's the problem?

Giants fan: Cause we don't have a perfect season and Eli isn't getting a first down on every single series and the defense isn't getting a turnover everytime the opponent has the ball. Plus Skip Bayless still exists.

Come on people. We got to the super bowl with a 9-7 record. Now we have a 5-2 record so far. You'd think some of these fairweather "fans" and bandwagon "fans" would learn. Spoiled brats. We're in the makings of a dynasty and this is how people act.

I wonder if the reason why the giants don't have a bigger advantage at home is whether or not the fans are negative all the time.

we must have different ideas of a dynasty...cause we aren't close

GMan-67
10-22-2012, 11:55 PM
you nailed it ... casual/fairweather fans are the worst

diehard fans just wanna win ... if we win 2-0, we win and we move to next week ... that's what this league is about ... no Super Bowls are won or lost in Week 7, so to go crazy over an INT or a 20 yard run vs. us ... is to just not understand football and to especially not understand the NFL

it's a war out there, all these teams are on a level playing field with the salary cap ... there is so much parity ... any win you get is a great win

it's just about making it to the tourney without having half your team on IR and we are on schedule to do that

JB456
10-22-2012, 11:56 PM
After a loss-

On Mbs, It either one extreme or the other. If you visit some other team MBs, their team can do no wrong even if their team is terrible. NY is a more critical and a pressure cooker for its teams and players.

It could be worse, we all could be saying our team is the best and Coughlin and Gilbride have rainbows shooting out of their arse, right?

From an objective point of view, there are plenty of things to be critical about the Giants due to this game. Perhaps we should all just pat ourselves on the back for a perfect offense game plan, awesome run defense 250 on the ground, amazing accuracy (two turnovers), and a clutch stop by the defense on 4th and 10.

LMAO, if you went over to the 49rs MB before the Giants curb stomped them, 99% of the fans over there thought that they were invincible. Would you really want to come on here and hear how the 2012 Giants were best team ever and don't have any flaws. I personally think that would be drone like and boring.

fansince69
10-22-2012, 11:59 PM
On Mbs, It either one extreme or the other. If you visit some other team MBs, their team can do no wrong even if their team is terrible. NY is a more critical and a pressure cooker for its teams and players.

It could be worse, we all could be saying our team is the best and Coughlin and Gilbride have rainbows shooting out of their arse, right?

From an objective point of view, there are plenty of things to be critical about the Giants due to this game. Perhaps we should all just pat ourselves on the back for a perfect offense game plan, awesome run defense 250 on the ground, amazing accuracy (two turnovers), and a clutch stop by the defense on 4th and 10.

LMAO, if you went over to the 49rs MB before the Giants curb stomped them, 99% of the fans over there thought that they were invincible. Would you really want to come on here and hear how the 2012 Giants were best team ever and don't have any flaws. I personally think that would be drone like and boring.

I dont think this is what he's saying....he is just pointing out that everyone goes to extremes on here...I tend to agree

GMan-67
10-23-2012, 02:13 AM
I dont think this is what he's saying....he is just pointing out that everyone goes to extremes on here...I tend to agree

exactly, the extreme fans, the fairweather fans will trash every aspect of the team after a loss or now that we dont lose often it's after a win or loss

but then they'll turn around and say, we should beat Dallas by 20, if we dont beat Dallas by 20 then we didnt show up and laid an egg and then the trashing begins again

and as far as the notion that diehard fans are never critical of the team, well that is just crazy

but as a diehard fan im always looking at the larger picture ... i posted in the game day thread that Eli was off Sunday, but i was still confident he could lead us to victory and even more confident that he would play much better in the next game

the fariweather fans would be benching and cutting and firing guys so fast, we wouldnt even have a team left

BurnerNYG
10-23-2012, 03:06 AM
My definition of a fairweather fan is a fan that roots for one player on a team. Like those LeBron fans that are Heat fans all of a sudden. When Jordan went to the Wizards, yeah I watched but I never became a Washington fan. I think a fan that wants players benched or cut are what you call extremists. I can be an extremist at times because at the end of the day, all I want my team to do is win. You think I was tough on Eli last year, you should see how tough I am on Carlos Boozer from the Bulls. It's not that I don't like him, I just want him to play like I know he can.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-23-2012, 03:19 AM
It's a message board breh, people just wanna give their opinions. Yeah some people go overboard...but that's the post of the board, not everyone is gonna share the same opinion. After a loss some people want to discuss the bright side and after a win some people want to discuss things that could be fixed....but we all want the same thing @ the end of the day and thats a championship.

dave56dj
10-23-2012, 03:32 AM
You have to understand these fans know more then the coaching staffs who watch practices we are not privy too. These fans can tell you exactly what a fire zone is - can describe a could coverage - can draw up a quarters defense with ease. The majority of them can guess when a shotgun draw is happening (only way giants run out of shotgun). They know every call that doesnt work was the wrong one. They can diagnose a players skill by watching 4 highlights. They can DEFINITELY call a game better then GILBRIDE or Fewell. They all know when a guy has lost HEART - its pretty transparent and every single game means everything. So one bad game and you're done - youve lost a step - you cant coach or you need to be cut. These fans know there is no tomorrow, its a one game superbowl ALWAYS.

And for the rest of us there is trust in an amazing run - handed to us by an amazing GM Coach and QB who have built an atmosphere where guys buy in or they dont stick. You just have to sift through the nonsense to find us.

BurnerNYG
10-23-2012, 03:38 AM
And for the rest of us there is trust in an amazing run - handed to us by an amazing GM Coach and QB who have built an atmosphere where guys buy in or they dont stick. You just have to sift through the nonsense to find us.That's me now but last year b4 our run, not so much. No fan is ALWAYS positive.That's like saying you were ALL IN during our 4-12 season. Nonsense!

GFiP
10-23-2012, 03:59 AM
The giants have the 26th ranked defense, there's plenty to criticize.

OX1
10-23-2012, 05:33 AM
This isn't a woodoworking board, where you can discuss
things and have at least SOME control to
go fix/trash/revise/give up on your project.

All you have as a fan is to talk about the team/game.
Even after most wins, it can be frustrating as heck
to be a fan of this team. You want to never talk
about that, just because they won?

Captain Chaos
10-23-2012, 05:47 AM
So I'm supposing that we should be happy with the rushing offense and the run defense...I'll remain critical while they remain schizophrenic!

CDN_G-FAN
10-23-2012, 07:49 AM
i do get a kick out of watching complaints of HOW we win.

for the messageboard fan, the giants better win the way we think they should, or they're gonna hear about it.

Also, under no circumstances are any fans to give Gilbride credit for anything, anywhere. If we've done anything well or right, it must always be in spite of him, never ever has he done anything worth commending on this planet.

In fact, as a giants fan when you get up in the morning, you must notice that the oxygen density is unnoticabely lower than it should be because Gilbride is breathing our ****ing air on top of everything. Then, in order to begin you day, you must make a buddy ryan joke.

Kruunch
10-23-2012, 08:20 AM
After a loss-

If you were our OC I'd have you fired.

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 08:23 AM
After a loss-

LMAO You have ht the proverbial nail on the head. It is an amazing thing to watch fans give up as the games unfold.

ponch inda face
10-23-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't have problem with fans discussing aspects of the team that aren't working even after a win. There are games that end with a W are frustrating becasue you know or feel or think, they should perform better. Provided, the ciricism isn't ridiculous or over the top (which unfortunately, isn't always the case) I think it's fair to discuss aspects of the team that need improvement. It generates discussion/debate on a msg board, that's a good thing.

Dudes that flip flop from predictions of SBs and blowout wins to posts of breaking up the team and demanding that undrafted FAs be added to the starting lineup or post "game over" or "that's it, it's a wrap. no playoffs for this team" in the gameday thread when we are still in the first half of the game and season and not down by more than 7 pts is a bad look.

JimC
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
You have to understand these fans know more then the coaching staffs who watch practices we are not privy too. These fans can tell you exactly what a fire zone is - can describe a could coverage - can draw up a quarters defense with ease. The majority of them can guess when a shotgun draw is happening (only way giants run out of shotgun). They know every call that doesnt work was the wrong one. They can diagnose a players skill by watching 4 highlights. They can DEFINITELY call a game better then GILBRIDE or Fewell. They all know when a guy has lost HEART - its pretty transparent and every single game means everything. So one bad game and you're done - youve lost a step - you cant coach or you need to be cut. These fans know there is no tomorrow, its a one game superbowl ALWAYS.

And for the rest of us there is trust in an amazing run - handed to us by an amazing GM Coach and QB who have built an atmosphere where guys buy in or they dont stick. You just have to sift through the nonsense to find us.

Well played!!!!!!

CTLadyBlue
10-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I couldn't believe all the bellyaching after our win on Sunday. YES, we had some snafus (turnovers, questionable playcalling), but let's face it - we played a team with a very athletic, mobile QB. (whom we got 3 sacks on, may I add). We also got, what 4-5 turnovers (and I remember them flashing a blurb during the game that the Redskins (up to that point) had only fumbled 5 times altogether and we caused about that much in ONE GAME.

As for Eli having to pull the victory bunny out of his butt at the very end, so what? I know nailbiters are nerve-wracking, but we're not going to be blowing teams out by 20-30 points by the end of every game. Sometimes, it's how you rise up and face the big mountain in front of you is what separates you from other teams. I remember in True Blue (the 1990 Giants yearbook) Phil Simms was quoted as saying something along the lines about what can really make a team is winning the close ball games. Not cracking under the pressure and answering Griffin's TD pass to Moss with a big EFF U bomb to Cruz should tell you a LOT about this team. This is why the Jets will fail and never be 'great' with Sanchez because their coach (and team) don't trust him with the game in his hands.

And as great as Griffin was, he wasn't able to answer that 77 yard TD and the receiver wound up fumbling it away. We're they too gung-ho? Trying to hard to pull what the Giants just did? Ahead of themselves? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe another year or two Griffin will be at that level, but Sunday the Jedi schooled the Padawan (geek alert). Really, people don't have to come here and make a checklist of everything the Giants have to 'correct'. You're not going to point out anything the coaches don't already know - that's what film study of the game is for.

But we won in high, dramatic fashion - in the fourth quarter. Blowing teams out doesn't prepare a team for this kind of pressure. In doing this, I know my team can pull it out in the end, and that's going to come in handy down the line and,hopefully, into the playoffs

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah the TAGF forum is full of opinions.. some a little more extreme/crazy than the other, no biggie..... but NOTHING and i mean nothing compares to the lunacy inside the gameday thread.

JB456
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM

The reality of the situation is most people (myself included) don't go out of their way to create threads when everything is going right. We make threads and comment more due to the fact that we are angry or riled up about something we see as detrimental to the team or a problem. So, it will seem that there are a lot more negative people out there then there really is. This fact causes other people to think that people are going to the extremes when in reality, its just human nature to take action when someone is aggrivated.

For example, I beleive there were less threads and comments after we stomped the 49rs because most people were at peace with that situation.

GameTime
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
its called being a fan which is short for fanatic...

fansince69
10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
its called being a fan which is short for fanatic...

Its Tuesday why haven't you changed to the cowboys?

stormblue
10-23-2012, 12:03 PM

i qualify for the first category LOL !!

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 12:10 PM

for the messageboard fan, the giants better win the way we think they should, or they're gonna hear about it.

Also, under no circumstances are any fans to give Gilbride credit for anything, anywhere. If we've done anything well or right, it must always be in spite of him, never ever has he done anything worth commending on this planet.

In fact, as a giants fan when you get up in the morning, you must notice that the oxygen density is unnoticabely lower than it should be because Gilbride is breathing our ****ing air on top of everything. Then, in order to begin you day, you must make a buddy ryan joke.

This is CLASSIC lol

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah the TAGF forum is full of opinions.. some a little more extreme/crazy than the other, no biggie..... but NOTHING and i mean nothing compares to the lunacy inside the gameday thread.

AMEN. We could have 14:56 on the game clock in the first quarter and when the play fails WE SUCK, GAME OVER, blah, blah, blah

I thank God every day we have the ignore feature now.

JB456
10-23-2012, 12:20 PM

1) You only hear about something when it isn't going 100% to plan, most people don't naturally say anything when things are going right so the board takes a pessimistic tone.

2) How many years has this team taken off our lives? Most games come down to the wire. I am 30 years old and I am on blood pressure medication!

fansince69
10-23-2012, 12:22 PM
1) You only hear about something when it isn't going 100% to plan, most people don't naturally say anything when things are going right so the board takes a pessimistic tone.

2) How many years has this team taken off our lives? Most games come down to the wire. I am 30 years old and I am on blood pressure medication!

wait till youve been watching for 40+ years lol

GameTime
10-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Its Tuesday why haven't you changed to the cowboys?

what are you complaining about that now!!!!???? LOL

have to get my lap top. The avatar pics are on there.

JB456
10-23-2012, 12:29 PM
wait till youve been watching for 40+ years lol

I am going to look 80 when I am 40 blathering about Gilbride's gameplan in 2012 on some corner in Manhattan.

Moke
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Some fans like to see ways to improve. I think this thread reeks denial and overreaction

GameTime
10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Some fans like to see ways to improve. I think this thread reeks denial and overreaction
two of the best fall backs for crazy fans......good call Moke....

Moke
10-23-2012, 12:50 PM
two of the best fall backs for crazy fans......good call Moke....Bah I hate the Internet!Can't sense sarcasm or not

giantsforce
10-23-2012, 02:06 PM
My definition of a fairweather fan is a fan that roots for one player on a team. Like those LeBron fans that are Heat fans all of a sudden. When Jordan went to the Wizards, yeah I watched but I never became a Washington fan. I think a fan that wants players benched or cut are what you call extremists. I can be an extremist at times because at the end of the day, all I want my team to do is win. You think I was tough on Eli last year, you should see how tough I am on Carlos Boozer from the Bulls. It's not that I don't like him, I just want him to play like I know he can.Burner, you hit it right on! This is what some here do not understand: We do not complain for the win or loss but because they do not play consistently up to the level that we know all this talent is capable of. It is frustrating to see that both players and coaches are guilty of that. No, I am not willing to give Coughlin or Fewell or Killdrive any pass just because they won 2 SB's because I do not think anyone will disagree with me that we have talent in key positions that is exceptional and yet they under perform. Just as an example: We are in the 10 top scoring offenses in the NFL yet, we are almost last in scoring TD's from inside the 20! Losing is part of the game, what makes it worse is the way we are losing. We have not lost to better teams, we lost because of the lack of effort from both the players and the coaching staff. So excuse me if I am not happy when they do not play up to their level of their talent.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 02:36 PM

There is no way in this world that I ever overreact

Mistanihan
10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I've been on these boards for years (this is a different user, don't know what happened to my old one...oh yeah, I had a picture up for years of a girls in GMEN shorts and got banned...thanks guys!) and the fairweather fans here are so quick to bash everyone and everything that went wrong with this organization. Bottom line, I love to watch this team, win or lose. They make me happy every single week and have brought so much joy to my short life. To hear people bash everyone on this team that has lead us to 2 superbowls in the past 5 years is upsetting. What happened to the love and support of the team?!

I'll bleed blue until the day I or the NFL dies. Bottom line.

We need more optimistic fans on these boards.

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 03:42 PM
ITT: Lots of people who think they are superior fans and that others should aspire to become more like them.

It sounds like if some of you had your way, every thread would be a song and praise full of +1 replies. There's people out there who believe Nicks is a soft player and wimp because of his injuries and even though I strongly disagree with that thought, we need those people so that the MB has discussions for us to engage in. Wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same thoughts on every player or if everyone was an optimist/pessimist?

sharick88
10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
After a loss-

It is what it is. You can't tell whether we won or loss on these boards. Been here for a while and totally used to it. You will too noob

GentleGiant
10-23-2012, 05:13 PM
we must have different ideas of a dynasty...cause we aren't close

Do you know what a dynasty is?

In the NFL it's 3 or more rings in the span of a decade.

That's why people say the steelers, 49ers, cowboys, and patriots all had dynasties.

We need 1 ring in the next 5 years(started in 2007) to have a dynasty so yeah we are close.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Do you know what a dynasty is?

In the NFL it's 3 or more rings in the span of a decade.

That's why people say the steelers, 49ers, cowboys, and patriots all had dynasties.

We need 1 ring in the next 5 years(started in 2007) to have a dynasty so yeah we are close.

says who? i am not sure i would define that as dynasty.....so lets say you win 3 in a decade.....you dont even make the playoffs the other 7 years...is that a dynasty?

GentleGiant
10-23-2012, 05:27 PM
says who? i am not sure i would define that as dynasty.....so lets say you win 3 in a decade.....you dont even make the playoffs the other 7 years...is that a dynasty?

Doesn't matter. The dynasty has already happened. What they do after is irrelevant. Some dynasties are bigger than others but the term dynasty itself is when a franchise or team dominates a certain era. Once you get that 3rd ring, you either continue the dynasty or just make it all fall apart right there(ie missing playoffs for 7 years).

Steelers dominated the core 70s.

raiders dominated late 70s/early 80s

49ers dominated the the core 80s

cowboys dominated the core 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(sports)

GentleGiant
10-23-2012, 05:32 PM
ITT: Lots of people who think they are superior fans and that others should aspire to become more like them.

It sounds like if some of you had your way, every thread would be a song and praise full of +1 replies. There's people out there who believe Nicks is a soft player and wimp because of his injuries and even though I strongly disagree with that thought, we need those people so that the MB has discussions for us to engage in. Wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same thoughts on every player or if everyone was an optimist/pessimist?

Big difference between someone saying their opinion on their team. And hating on their team so much that other people actually think WE LOST.

That's not objective. That's nitpicking and crybaby like. If some "fans" on here were anymore negative they'd be eagles fans.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Doesn't matter. The dynasty has already happened. What they do after is irrelevant. Some dynasties are bigger than others but the term dynasty itself is when a franchise or team dominates a certain era. Once you get that 3rd ring, you either continue the dynasty or just make it all fall apart right there(ie missing playoffs for 7 years).

Steelers dominated the core 70s.

raiders dominated late 70s/early 80s

49ers dominated the the core 80s

cowboys dominated the core 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(sports)

wikopedia is not a good source but ill play along your missing my question....lets say you win a ring....miss the playoffs completely... I mean really suck for next 3 year ...then win another ring....really suck 3 more year then another ring?

your going to tell me thats a dynasty?sorry I don't buy that at all...the Yankees of the 40s and 50s those were dynasties

btw dont bring morehead in on this youll be here all night

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Big difference between someone saying their opinion on their team. And hating on their team so much that other people actually think WE LOST.

That's not objective. That's nitpicking and crybaby like. If some "fans" on here were anymore negative they'd be eagles fans.

Nah, I was talking about other people. You're not allowed to single out posters so I went with "some".

GentleGiant
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
wikopedia is not a good source but ill play along your missing my question....lets say you win a ring....miss the playoffs completely... I mean really suck for next 3 year ...then win another ring....really suck 3 more year then another ring?

your going to tell me thats a dynasty?sorry I don't buy that at all...the Yankees of the 40s and 50s those were dynasties

Why are you nitpicking this?

You're basically making up crap at this point. If a team wins the super bowl, their not gonna really suck for the next 3 years. That's why they won the super bowl in the first place. You might as well have said "what if a dragon comes and eats the team?"

"youll be here all night"

Ok so you're saying that you're just gonna stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalla at anyone elses opinion? And just try to make up some crazy idea about rings? Teams that won the ring aren't gonna suck for 3 years and then magically win it again later.

And I could give many other sources. NFL network.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026210-top-ten-nfl-dynasties-of-the-super-bowl-era

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026210-top-ten-nfl-dynasties-of-the-super-bowl-era)http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top_ten/40_fitness_list.html

(http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top_ten/40_fitness_list.html)

BurnerNYG
10-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Burner, you hit it right on! This is what some here do not understand: We do not complain for the win or loss but because they do not play consistently up to the level that we know all this talent is capable of. It is frustrating to see that both players and coaches are guilty of that. No, I am not willing to give Coughlin or Fewell or Killdrive any pass just because they won 2 SB's because I do not think anyone will disagree with me that we have talent in key positions that is exceptional and yet they under perform. Just as an example: We are in the 10 top scoring offenses in the NFL yet, we are almost last in scoring TD's from inside the 20! Losing is part of the game, what makes it worse is the way we are losing. We have not lost to better teams, we lost because of the lack of effort from both the players and the coaching staff. So excuse me if I am not happy when they do not play up to their level of their talent.Every fan is different but at the end of the day, we all want the same thing. I don't need everyone to agree with me all the time because I'm not right ALL the time but don't throw that word "fairweather" my way. Especially when I spent more money on the Giants than some people's whole wardrobe in their closet... including their shoes lol.

Rat_bastich
10-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Every fan is different but at the end of the day, we all want the same thing. I don't need everyone to agree with me all the time because I'm not right ALL the time but don't throw that word "fairweather" my way. Especially when I spent more money on the Giants than some people's whole wardrobe in their closet... including their shoes lol.

I agree that every fan is different. I have only seen a few fairweather fans on this forum. A fairweather fan though is just as dangerous as a blind fanatical fan who fails to look at the team as objectively as they can.

As giantsforce said we know what the talent on this team has been capable of and have seen it but they seem to lack so much consistency from game to game that it becomes frustrating to predict which team will show up. One game they make a team who was steam rolling through their competition(for the most part) look like a double A college team, the next they barely maintain and have to have late minute heroics save the day.

BurnerNYG
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
I agree that every fan is different. I have only seen a few fairweather fans on this forum. A fairweather fan though is just as dangerous as a blind fanatical fan who fails to look at the team as objectively as they can.

As giantsforce said we know what the talent on this team has been capable of and have seen it but they seem to lack so much consistency from game to game that it becomes frustrating to predict which team will show up. One game they make a team who was steam rolling through their competition(for the most part) look like a double A college team, the next they barely maintain and have to have late minute heroics save the day.Right. I have nothing else to add, this pretty much sums it up.

TuckandRolle
10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Its a fan forum, get over it.

fansince69
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Why are you nitpicking this?

You're basically making up crap at this point. If a team wins the super bowl, their not gonna really suck for the next 3 years. That's why they won the super bowl in the first place. You might as well have said "what if a dragon comes and eats the team?"

"youll be here all night"

Ok so you're saying that you're just gonna stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalla at anyone elses opinion? And just try to make up some crazy idea about rings? Teams that won the ring aren't gonna suck for 3 years and then magically win it again later.

And I could give many other sources. NFL network.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026210-top-ten-nfl-dynasties-of-the-super-bowl-era

(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1026210-top-ten-nfl-dynasties-of-the-super-bowl-era)http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top_ten/40_fitness_list.html

(http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness_top_ten/40_fitness_list.html)

we ll just agree to disagree....I just say it takes more time of being dominant to be considered a dynasty...and you can site all these links with arbitrary numbers all you want...it does not make them right...its still just someone else's OPINION...that is fine...the word dynasty is just thrown around way to easily...and it insults the old time teams that truly were dynasties

Medisleman
10-25-2012, 03:38 PM
We don't like losing to the Eagles or Dallas. That is the problem. Especially that Eagles game which we could have won if it wasn't for a stupid penalty and some dumb play calls. We can complain about it if we want. That is why we are FANatics.

GentleGiant
10-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Its a fan forum, get over it.

Exactly. It's a FAN forum. So why do these guys sound exactly like the opposite of fans?

GentleGiant
10-25-2012, 06:02 PM
we ll just agree to disagree....I just say it takes more time of being dominant to be considered a dynasty...and you can site all these links with arbitrary numbers all you want...it does not make them right...its still just someone else's OPINION...that is fine...the word dynasty is just thrown around way to easily...and it insults the old time teams that truly were dynasties

Truly were dynasties to YOU. The problem is you're using the wrong sport. It's WAYYYYYYYYY harder to win a super bowl than it is to win an MLB championship. A football dynasty is basically the same as what the Yankees did.

It's still the general opinion of most people. Even NFL network calls them dynasties. And baseball is very different from football. Especially when the Yankees have always had some $$$$$$$$$ going their way.

Nonetheless we'll just agree to disagree.

GentleGiant
10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
We don't like losing to the Eagles or Dallas. That is the problem. Especially that Eagles game which we could have won if it wasn't for a stupid penalty and some dumb play calls. We can complain about it if we want. That is why we are FANatics.

But wouldn't giants fans understand that the eagles have always had the upperhand in the rivalry if they were fans? They also probably wouldn't be talking about now when those same cowboys and eagles look nothing like they did when they did beat us.

GMan-67
10-25-2012, 06:08 PM

ummm, when have we sucked? ... this team hasn't even finished under .500 since Coughlin's 1st year

i think a dynasty can be 3 rings ... especially if you do it with same HC/QB ... much as i hate them, i have to say that after the 3rd ring for Brady/Belicheck that was a post salary cap/free agency/modern dynasty

but for now, it's about the Cowboys ... both positive and negative and fairweathers and diehards should all be focusing on that

CowboysSuck
10-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm confused. You initiate the dialogue by saying this was after a Giants loss.

Then, in the dialouge, the Giants fan says "No, we won"

great consistency...

giantsforce
10-25-2012, 07:14 PM

As giantsforce said we know what the talent on this team has been capable of and have seen it but they seem to lack so much consistency from game to game that it becomes frustrating to predict which team will show up. One game they make a team who was steam rolling through their competition(for the most part) look like a double A college team, the next they barely maintain and have to have late minute heroics save the day.Boy you beat me to it! I am amazed at the hardcore homers around here that they just attack you when you just point out some of the problems that the team has. For example. questioning Killdrive's play calling. Their argument is he can do no wrong because he "brought us 2 SB's" I guess that was not a team effort! All I did was question the tendency we have to throw deep on 3rd and 1 and throw for 5 yards when we need 9. Or the fact that we cannot seem to score from inside the 15 yard line. I think these issues need to be addressed and I do not see anything changing so far.

fansince69
10-25-2012, 09:05 PM
ummm, when have we sucked? ... this team hasn't even finished under .500 since Coughlin's 1st year

i think a dynasty can be 3 rings ... especially if you do it with same HC/QB ... much as i hate them, i have to say that after the 3rd ring for Brady/Belicheck that was a post salary cap/free agency/modern dynasty

but for now, it's about the Cowboys ... both positive and negative and fairweathers and diehards should all be focusing on that

your taking my point out of context...I was Not talking about us ...I was talking about his general definition for being called a dynasty...I am old school and I think just saying that all you have to do is win 3 super bowls in 10 years is way to general...as though nothing that happens in those other 7 years matters....

I am sorry I disagree...

the term dynasty is just tossed around too easily

BillTheGreek
10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Some Wins are UGLY !
But you know what they say a Wins a WIN !

Jahh
10-26-2012, 08:53 AM
After a loss-

I agree with Giants not having an advantage at home because the fans are so negative. Great fans if you are beating that *** though...

BParcells777
10-26-2012, 10:28 AM
To be a dynasty you have to win at least 3 Lombardi's in a row, or more realistically 4

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Do you know what a dynasty is? In the NFL it's 3 or more rings in the span of a decade. That's why people say the steelers, 49ers, cowboys, and patriots all had dynasties. We need 1 ring in the next 5 years(started in 2007) to have a dynasty so yeah we are close. Is that an official definition or your belief?

RoanokeFan
10-26-2012, 10:33 AM
I agree with Giants not having an advantage at home because the fans are so negative. Great fans if you are beating that *** though... Is that a joke?

stormblue
10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
the meadowlands is not blacksburg , when the giants are behind
there is a cautiously scared negativity that permeates throughout .
a church-like quiet , waiting for and assuming the apocalypse.

but i haven't been since the 80's so it may have changed.

GentleGiant
10-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm confused. You initiate the dialogue by saying this was after a Giants loss.

Then, in the dialouge, the Giants fan says "No, we won"

great consistency...

UHHHHHH no I didn't. I never said that this "was after a loss". I said that some people are dumb enough that they'll complain so much that you would THINK the giants lost if you didn't see the scoreboard. Stop putting words in my mouth.

GentleGiant
10-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Is that an official definition or your belief?

It's the majority definition. When you type in the word "dynasty" referring to sports and you look up "dynasties the general is winning mulitple championships in a timespan. HOWEVER. When you look up "FOOTBALL dynasties they always point to the steelers, 9ers, patriots, cowboys etc".

It's a subjective term but it's the majority term in football.

You could say the Bills had an AFC championship dynasty but that would mean having really low expectations.

A real legit dynasty is going for the ring.

GentleGiant
10-26-2012, 07:29 PM
your taking my point out of context...I was Not talking about us ...I was talking about his general definition for being called a dynasty...I am old school and I think just saying that all you have to do is win 3 super bowls in 10 years is way to general...as though nothing that happens in those other 7 years matters....

I am sorry I disagree...

the term dynasty is just tossed around too easily

Of course what happened matters. But that happens naturally. You're taking this too literally. A team that dominates a decade is naturally gonna do well between those super bowl runs. But do you think anyone is gonna look back at the years when the dynasty teams DIDN'T win championships? No one is gonna look at the patriots dynasty height of it when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. Yes 11-5 is a good record. But They'll talk about the rings against the rams, panthers, and eagles.

The definition itself means dominating a certain decade. But really you only can dominate in a decade by winning the most rings. But you naturally dominate between the super bowls anyway if you're doing that.

stormblue
10-27-2012, 10:56 AM
a dynasty is a family that rules a successful business or political entity for a long period
of time usually spanning generations.

the Mara's are a dynasty .....the Giants are not.
the Steinbrenner's are now 2nd gen dynasty....the Yankees are not.

the Rooneys are a dynasty....the Steelers are not.

teams and businesses and countries and their
respective players, employees , and subjects and soldiers
are not dynasties.

the family owners and ruling families are the dynasties.

so stop it already , no football team is a dynasty....
they can be owned or ruled by one , but they unto themselves
cannot be one.