PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if I offended anyone

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
with the Eli manning found dead thread,,,I didn't think he was really dead, I was just surprised to see this,,again,,as stated, some of you took it the wrong way,,I thought it was comical that it would be written that he was because some people have nothing better to do. I edited the post after realizing my mistake...it was subsequently deleted,,not by me,,but thanks to who ever did. as far as a ban as some of you said? that is a bit too much as the news was giants related because the last i checked eli was a giant,,i should have chosen my title more carefully, and for that I apologize.. that's all.

ShakeandBake
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Dont sweat it

BParcells777
10-22-2012, 10:32 PM
There is no place for that sort of thing on here.......you should and probably will be banned

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
No problem. It's hard to look at your own posts from other people's eyes sometimes.

fansince69
with the Eli manning found dead thread,,,I didn't think he was really dead, I was just surprised to see this,,again,,as stated, some of you took it the wrong way,,I thought it was comical that it would be written that he was because some people have nothing better to do. I edited the post after realizing my mistake...it was subsequently deleted,,not by me,,but thanks to who ever did. as far as a ban as some of you said? that is a bit too much as the news was giants related because the last i checked eli was a giant,,i should have chosen my title more carefully, and for that I apologize.. that's all.

I think someone calling for a ban was a little over the top....but you have to realize that some of us older folks had strokes when we read the headline...lol

bELIeve_in_Giants
If he was the one spreading the rumor, I'd vote for a ban, but he just made an innocent mistake in thread title or in falling for someone else's false story.

Eliscruzzz
10-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Wait... what happened???

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Wait... what happened???

Same internet death hoax about Eli has popped up again with today's date. He's alive and well. Luckily, not taking off on twitter this time.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
If he was the one spreading the rumor, I'd vote for a ban, but he just made an innocent mistake in thread title or in falling for someone else's false story.

it was the bad title,,and I did create this thread to apologize.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
it was the bad title,,and I did create this thread to apologize.

Right. I'm on your side - no ban.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Right. I'm on your side - no ban.

I made the ill thought mistake,,if the mods ban me so be it. I respectfully disagree but will concur. thanks for the support though.

ashleymarie
10-22-2012, 10:46 PM
In the years I have been here that was only the 2nd time I've reported a post, might even be the first time. That post was over the top and so upsetting. Adults with sound reasoning ability would not have done such. That being said, I won't ever bring it up again or comment on it. All is well.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
i didnt see the original thread, but i cant think of a reason to post that he died w/o proof. its not necessarily that u believed a rumor, its that anytime a claim like that is made about anyone, and its bs, i dunno i personally think it warrants action. no offense to the OP, but cmon, u actually thought he died? what was ur title?

go to the cowboys board, and create the thread "romo died today" see what happens even if u were just reporting a rumor

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
i've seen posters suspended for merely not providing a link with a claim made as fact...

alentown pa
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
i've seen posters suspended for merely not providing a link with a claim made as fact...

I've seen posters banned for disagreeing about a football related topic with a mod.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
His post clearly said that it was a false article, but you had to click to read that. The title was Eli found dead....then when you click on it, it was immediately clear that it was a hoax that he was complaining out. The title was the problem.

Overdrive92
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
There is no place for that sort of thing on here.......you should and probably will be banned

Stop being a hardass.

Don't worry about it OP. Just not a good idea to bring blatantly fake stories here next time.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I've seen posters banned for disagreeing about a football related topic with a mod.
unfortunately so have i, but whatever. just dont get how anyone would post an eli dead thread...

berya
10-22-2012, 10:58 PM
The first thing that popped to my mind when I saw that thread was WTF. BAN. And that's what I posted. Ok so maybe you didn't mean nothing by it. But how does one choose to post something like that? Still baffles my mind. This thread should probably be deleted too.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
i didnt see the original thread, but i cant think of a reason to post that he died w/o proof. its not necessarily that u believed a rumor, its that anytime a claim like that is made about anyone, and its bs, i dunno i personally think it warrants action. no offense to the OP, but cmon, u actually thought he died? what was ur title?

go to the cowboys board, and create the thread "romo died today" see what happens even if u were just reporting a rumor

no I didnt actually think he died,,most of the people probably didnt even bother to read the thread,,they just clicked the link,,,the thread title said eli manning found dead,,,the original post was that he was found dead, "again", and that if you cant beat him, then "pretend" he is dead,,with a link to the website, which is clearly not real....people read just the title and clicked the link instead of reading what i wrote first,,I clearly said that he was found dead "again" and that if you cant beat him, "pretend he is dead"...It could not have been more clear that I did not think he was dead but rather was bringing this rumor to peoples attention. i should have used a different title, my mistake, but seriously,,I apologized which i didnt have to do,,is it my fault that some people didnt understand the post and over reacted? it was giants related,,,in regards to a player,,and i did not start the rumor what so ever, I provided a link to it. if the mods ban me over this then I feel sorry for them, I posted within the rules, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong, there are plenty of other giants forums. thats it. I am not saying anymore.

giantsfan420
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
i didnt mean to offend u i didnt know what the thread was like. ur explanation tapers my reaction some...still, from now on, it might be good to remember that posting something like that in the title could lead to confusion

Mohann
10-22-2012, 11:51 PM

Isn't that a site that generates fake headlines and stories? You generated fake stories til you got what you wanted and posted it here like you found it on a news site. It's wasn't a mistake or unintentional in any way.

pino
10-23-2012, 12:04 AM
No ban, but you used up your freebie.

However, I don't make the decisions. If you DO get banned, well let's just say you managed to get the attention you wanted.

bbdynasty
10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
don't worry OP, people are still in a bad mood over the near-loss.... smh people take themselves too seriously sometimes. Life shouldn't be so serious imo, but sometimes this is an intense place

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 12:24 AM
don't worry OP, people are still in a bad mood over the near-loss.... smh people take themselves too seriously sometimes. Life shouldn't be so serious imo, but sometimes this is an intense place

well what he did was ****ed up. gimme a parents cell number, lemme call and leave a mssg "your child passed away, call me at xxx-xxxx" and then say that i was kidding if the parent called me...extreme example but we come here solely for nyg talk so claiming eli is dead in the title is gonna ruffle some feathers. that said, who cares noow dude apologized. this thread should prob be deleted too

fansince69
10-23-2012, 12:32 AM
well what he did was ****ed up. gimme a parents cell number, lemme call and leave a mssg "your child passed away, call me at xxx-xxxx" and then say that i was kidding if the parent called me...extreme example but we come here solely for nyg talk so claiming eli is dead in the title is gonna ruffle some feathers. that said, who cares noow dude apologized. this thread should prob be deleted too

This is being made out to be far worse than it was....the op made an honest mistake....and technically the only thing that was wrong was the title thread....its not the first time someone has posted a misleading title....this one was just a little overboard