PDA

View Full Version : And then there was one............

CDN_G-FAN
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
just pointing out that with the IRing of Kaeding (and their admission he'll be released when healthy) there is only Philip Rivers left on the active roster as the sole remaining piece won by the Chargers in the trade for Manning.

Oh how things change.

We COMPLETELY hosed them in that deal. Its almost not funny. Almost.

Kruunch
10-23-2012, 08:18 AM
You do realize you just turned Rivers into the biggest red shirt in real life right?

Poor slob.

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
just pointing out that with the IRing of Kaeding (and their admission he'll be released when healthy) there is only Philip Rivers left on the active roster as the sole remaining piece won by the Chargers in the trade for Manning.

Oh how things change.

We COMPLETELY hosed them in that deal. Its almost not funny. Almost.

This team's philosophy of "build through and around the draft" started under George Young and has thrived to this day. Ernie Arcorsi should still be collecting royalties for his vision on the Eli Manning deal. A deal, by the way, I wasn't so sure was a good one at the outset.

CDN_G-FAN
10-23-2012, 08:29 AM
This team's philosophy of "build through and around the draft" started under George Young and has thrived to this day. Ernie Arcorsi should still be collecting royalties for his vision on the Eli Manning deal. A deal, by the way, I wasn't so sure was a good one at the outset.

no one was.

which is why we're all ideally suited for messageboard banter, leaving the running of a billion dollar franchise up to the more qualified people of the world.

GMan-67
10-23-2012, 08:34 AM
they did also acquire our leftover stickum

Kruunch
10-23-2012, 08:39 AM
no one was.

which is why we're all ideally suited for messageboard banter, leaving the running of a billion dollar franchise up to the more qualified people of the world.

Oh easy guys ... I was ecstatic with the Eli trade. Not because it was Eli (at the time) but because the Giants FO was doing SOMETHING more than drafting crap and signing retreads. The 90s were very hard on my love of the Giants' FO (not as bad as the 70s but still ...).

GCGiant
10-23-2012, 08:40 AM
no one was.

Can't say no one. I knew the Giants were getting a great deal...I wasn't so sure about the deal Eli was getting. NY'ers are a tough bunch to please, but I guess that's what he wanted.

SweetZombieJesus
10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
no one was.

But this was the ONLY time the Giants have ever pulled off such a big trade on draft day. It ran counter to the Giants culture, I'm sure Ernie had to go WAY out on a limb to convince Wellington.

I say this often but I sure wish Wellington could have seen what's happened since 2005. I know he had faith but this man deserved to have his faith rewarded in spades.

gumby74
10-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here.

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here. FBomb would have been a godsend to that team :)

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Can't say no one. I knew the Giants were getting a great deal...I wasn't so sure about the deal Eli was getting. NY'ers are a tough bunch to please, but I guess that's what he wanted. Eli's temperament is ideally suited to this media market

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Hosed them? No. Eli is no doubt better than Rivers now, but Rivers alone has been a god send for that franchise. Especially, if you look at his overall body of work. He's done great things there just like Eli has done great things here.

Yes but now alll of Rivers' accomplisments are tainted by Stickum-gate

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Yes but now alll of Rivers' accomplisments are tainted by Stickum-gate There always seems to be something lol

GameTime
10-23-2012, 10:37 AM

a god send??? They did get rid of Brees too didnt they...

JB456
10-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Eli's temperament is ideally suited to this media market

Excellent point. Imagine Rivers in the New York with his temperment! LMAO.

Also, imagine all of the women's groups on Big Ben's back and eye candy he would have to deal with in NYC. They would have found him crouched in the fetal position sucking his thumb in some NYC sorority house.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
With the amount of talent SD had for several years there is no doubt that team has under achieved. In my mind if they have Eli they probably have the 2 rings and we dont. So that alone says to me that we got the better of the deal. When u trade what amounts to 3 good plays for what could possibly be a future HOF...we can say they hosed.

Kruunch
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
a god send??? They did get rid of Brees too didnt they...

Yes, I don't think AJ Smith's head could get much larger without exploding, so he saved himself by getting rid of a HoF QB.