PDA

View Full Version : Scary thought

GoDeep80
10-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I just sat down after watching ESPN and realized that once Eli retires we will be just like the Browns...Dear god I can't bare it!

ashleymarie
10-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm trusting our front office will do right by us.

JB456
10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm trusting our front office will do right by us.

Yup, we had an excellent draft this year in my book (We had the last pick and look what we pulled out). If we continue to do well in the draft, we might be able to trade a few picks when the time comes for Eli's replacement, if thats necessary.

45Jones
10-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Just hope the Eli replacement era doesn't last as long as the Simms one did. Hokey-smokes that was a long painful road. Dave Brown, Danny Kanell...aye yaye yaye.....

Thankfully we're not there yet. Just sit back and enjoy Eli's greatness. If he never does another thing, think what he has delivered to the Giants fans. Thanks Archie...;)

blueNorange
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
i'm pretty sure the giants are going to do what the packers did with favre/rodgers

fansince69
10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Just hope the Eli replacement era doesn't last as long as the Simms one did. Hokey-smokes that was a long painful road. Dave Brown, Danny Kanell...aye yaye yaye.....

Thankfully we're not there yet. Just sit back and enjoy Eli's greatness. If he never does another thing, think what he has delivered to the Giants fans. Thanks Archie...;)

it actually only seemed longer than it really was...half the 60s and the entire 70s was long lol...I have always said appreciate what we have cause you never know when it will end

45Jones
10-23-2012, 11:16 AM
it actually only seemed longer than it really was...half the 60s and the entire 70s was long lol...I have always said appreciate what we have cause you never know when it will end

Yup, 69 is the first season that I remember, so my cup really runneth over with New York Giants football.

giantsforce
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
i'm pretty sure the giants are going to do what the packers did with favre/rodgersI think they are already doing this: Eli is prepping Carr

giantsforce
10-23-2012, 12:48 PM

Thankfully we're not there yet. Just sit back and enjoy Eli's greatness. If he never does another thing, think what he has delivered to the Giants fans. Thanks Archie...;)Ahhhhhhh, why did you have to mention those names? I tough I was over that nightmare! Now I will not be able to sleep again. Thanks a lot!

fansince69
10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Yup, 69 is the first season that I remember, so my cup really runneth over with New York Giants football.

as my name states 69 was my first too...honestly havent missed a game since i was probably 13 around 73

45Jones
10-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I think they are already doing this: Eli is prepping Carr

ahhh, you know David is just a bit long in the tooth to be prepped for the future, right?

fansince69
10-23-2012, 01:34 PM
ahhh, you know David is just a bit long in the tooth to be prepped for the future, right?

hes older than ELI...i think that is why it was in red

blueNorange
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I think they are already doing this: Eli is prepping Carr

lol you know what i mean, one year the giants will take a qb in the 1st round and have eli groom him and in 3-4 years the prospect will be groomed whivh by then hopefully know the offense to run it and not miss a beat

but i think eli is going to be exactly like favre, he's going to be playing until he's 40

VBGiantsFan
10-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Ahhhhhhh, why did you have to mention those names? I tough I was over that nightmare! Now I will not be able to sleep again. Thanks a lot!

Lets not forget Kerry Collins did bring us to a superbowl in 2000.

Eli has spoiled us though, no question about it.

blueNorange
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
it's not eli, it's every team in the nfl.

having a franchise qb isn't easy, every year teams hope the guy they drafted is their guy for the next decade

GameTime
10-23-2012, 03:46 PM
I just sat down after watching ESPN and realized that once Eli retires we will be just like the Browns...Dear god I can't bare it!
in order to enjoy the good times you have to have bad times too.....

fansince69
10-23-2012, 03:48 PM
in order to enjoy the good times you have to have bad times too.....

you just gave a description of marriage

GameTime
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
you just gave a description of marriage

a good marriage at that. At least there are some good times.