PDA

View Full Version : Eli has over 2100 yards and the most yards

BigBlue wins
10-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Checked my fantasy this morning and Eli tops out at 2109 yards, the most of all other quarterbacks.

Do you think he will have a 4,000+ yard season this year? It doesn't really matter to me, but does throw for over 4k every year for quite some time now.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
If he keeps it up, yes. I think he's on pace for 5000+ actually.

nhpgiantsfan
10-23-2012, 11:56 AM
2109 yards through 7 games of a 16 game season. Math says he will break 4000, but he is not on pace for 5000 as of right now. Will need a few big games to hit 5000. Remember he had a 500 yard game against Tampa. That is very rare.

BuffyBlueII
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Eli Manning should break 4,000 yards or maybe 4,500 yards this year but I doubt he will hit 5,000. With the addtiion of Martellus Bennet run blocking for us and Henry Hynoski’s increased role as a run blocker, we have a better running game than we did last year and I think that as the season goes on, Eli will not have to throw as much.

JB456
10-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Checked my fantasy this morning and Eli tops out at 2109 yards, the most of all other quarterbacks.

Do you think he will have a 4,000+ yard season this year? It doesn't really matter to me, but does throw for over 4k every year for quite some time now.

I hope he doesn't have to go over 4,500 yards cause that would indicate that are run game is garbage, once again.

TheAnalyst
10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, the problem is with projecting, we may have blowouts or get blown out. If we are getting beat, yeah, Eli can throw a 500 yard game like vs TB, but also, if we are dominating, he doenst need to throw, like vs the 49ers where he didnt even have 200 yards.

So, who knows?

chasjay
10-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I hope he doesn't have to go over 4,500 yards cause that would indicate that are run game is garbage, once again.

I wouldn't use the garbage term, but I do agree that having to average +/- 300 per game passing would mean we're not running it like we need to - whether the passing yards come by necessity or by the choices in play calling.

BeatYale
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I'd rather see him ranked #1 in touchdowns. Yards are nice, points are better.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/milestone?icampaign=milestone_Nav

Why I said he might break 5,000.

Not sure how accurate, but just a guess.

JB456
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't use the garbage term, but I do agree that having to average +/- 300 per game passing would mean we're not running it like we need to - whether the passing yards come by necessity or by the choices in play calling.

Giants run game was ranked almost last (or was it last?) last year and they tunrned it on in the playoffs. Basically everyone of Manning 4,900 some odd yards were needed to get to the playoffs.

In regards to playcalling, you know as well as every other Giant fan that the Giants are extremely conservative and will run the clock out to preserve a victory. Based on the conservative playcalling, I would wager that if Mannings yards go over 4.5K, its going to be a struggle to make the playoffs.

BigBlue wins
10-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Giants run game was ranked almost last (or was it last?) last year and they tunrned it on in the playoffs. Basically everyone of Manning 4,900 some odd yards were needed to get to the playoffs.

In regards to playcalling, you know as well as every other Giant fan that the Giants are extremely conservative and will run the clock out to preserve a victory. Based on the conservative playcalling, I would wager that if Mannings yards go over 4.5K, its going to be a struggle to make the playoffs.

You do bring up a good point...however, Giants possess a very strong big play ability with our wide receivers. Cruz and Nicks are dynamic and Hixon comes in when the other 2 are being shut down. No reason Eli can't make big passes to march down the field to any of those receivers. Those large chunk plays will factor into his total yardage so it may not necessarily indicate the strength of the running game.

PRGiant
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
4000 is nothing nowadays. He should get there baring injury.

PRGiant
10-23-2012, 03:34 PM

Conservative? Haven't you seen this team keep chugging the ball deep on 3rd and 1s and stuff? LOL