PDA

View Full Version : J.P.P. "Gangnam Style!!!!"

dannydufflebags
10-23-2012, 11:32 AM
I was wondering what this was, I laughed hysterically when I saw it. Hahahahaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ARz-6EDtE

CTLadyBlue
10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Am I the only one who was bothered by that? I was waiting for the ref to throw the flag for taunting. Really, we don't need to showboat. Osi running doing the 'airplane' or Tuck doing his Samauri 'bow' seem pretty tame, but that dance JPP did was just plain stupid

TheAnalyst
10-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Im bothered by it because

#1 - Its dumb and that song is horrible

#2 - He forgot to finish the play after his second sack (even though it wasnt credited and clearly should of been). He striped the ball and went dancing instead of going after the ball on the ground.

BeatYale
10-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Sacks are like touchdowns for these guys, I don't mind.

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah JPP - dont have fun.

He wasnt in anyone's face - its not taunting.

jonnyhaze
10-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Im bothered by it because

#1 - Its dumb and that song is horrible

#2 - He forgot to finish the play after his second sack (even though it wasnt credited and clearly should of been). He striped the ball and went dancing instead of going after the ball on the ground.

That second sack has already been disputed and the word from the official scorekeeper is that the offensive linemen were downfield blocking therefore it was a designed run. So no sack for jpp :(

Toadofsteel
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
He wasnt in anyone's face - its not taunting.

This is generally what the rule for taunting is. If it's not done in the face of the afflicted player and instead just directed out towards the fans, it's generally not taunting.

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
i think its hysterical...he should have farted in bobs face after

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 12:33 PM
God, some of you guys just want our players to be like robots.

He's not taunting/trash talking/stabbing anyone in the throat.

Astorian
10-23-2012, 12:35 PM
This is generally what the rule for taunting is. If it's not done in the face of the afflicted player and instead just directed out towards the fans, it's generally not taunting.

It may not be taunting, but it's extremely stupid, childish, and unsportsmanlike. I was nauseated by it. Grow up, JPP.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM
It may not be taunting, but it's extremely stupid, childish, and unsportsmanlike. I was nauseated by it. Grow up, JPP.How is it unsportsmanlike? Cruz dances, is that unsportsmanlike?

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
It may not be taunting, but it's extremely stupid, childish, and unsportsmanlike. I was nauseated by it. Grow up, JPP.

Its none of those things - take some immodium.

Were you on the father's side the whole time you were watching "Footloose" too? (im talking the 80's movie - not the uneccesary remake)

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Its none of those things - take some immodium.

Were you on the father's side the whole time you were watching "Footloose" too? (im talking the 80's movie - not the uneccesary remake)

Now THAT was funny! and the lord said, "let him dance!!!!!!"

Astorian
10-23-2012, 12:55 PM
How is it unsportsmanlike? Cruz dances, is that unsportsmanlike?

It's unsportsmanlike because they're supposed to be playing football, not engaging in exhibitionism. I tune in to watch some good football, not inflated egos. Cruz needs to grow up too. His theatrics are embarrassing.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 12:57 PM
It's unsportsmanlike because they're supposed to be playing football, not engaging in exhibitionism. I tune in to watch some good football, not inflated egos. Cruz needs to grow up too. His theatrics are embarrassing.So because they have a little fun, they aren't playing football?

yoeddy
10-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Cruz needs to grow up too. His theatrics are embarrassing.

Honoring your grandmother is embarrassing?

manning to shockey
10-23-2012, 01:02 PM
It's unsportsmanlike because they're supposed to be playing football, not engaging in exhibitionism. I tune in to watch some good football, not inflated egos. Cruz needs to grow up too. His theatrics are embarrassing.

Can't tell if serious?

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM

Embarrassed AND nauseated?! Full spectrum of emotions there (assuming you were actually happy with the win of course)

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM

holy bitter. Cruz does the Salsa to honor his deceased Grandmother. You seriously need to lighten up, have a coke and a smile, and give back the presents to the whos in whoville

NYFG
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM

Damn I wish they would bring Ballin' back just for you...

manning to shockey
10-23-2012, 01:09 PM
lol

give back the presents to the whos in whoville

Astorian
10-23-2012, 01:16 PM

I don't watch movies, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I do watch pro football, and I resent it when some players deliberately make fools of themselves after a good play. I am not amused by flatulent showboating. If you've made a play, go back to the huddle and prepare for the next snap like a pro. This is the New York Football Giants, one of the few class acts in sports. We're not an imbecilic gang of tag-team pro wrestlers.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't watch movies, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I do watch pro football, and I resent it when some players deliberately make fools of themselves after a good play. I am not amused by flatulent showboating. If you've made a play, go back to the huddle and prepare for the next snap like a pro. This is the New York Football Giants, one of the few class acts in sports. We're not an imbecilic gang of tag-team pro wrestlers. All I can say is, you seriously need to lighten up. It's just a game. Relax.

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't watch movies, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I do watch pro football, and I resent it when some players deliberately make fools of themselves after a good play. I am not amused by flatulent showboating. If you've made a play, go back to the huddle and prepare for the next snap like a pro. This is the New York Football Giants, one of the few class acts in sports. We're not an imbecilic gang of tag-team pro wrestlers.

Best of luck with the ulcers.

Just curious - does Tebowing bother you?

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 01:22 PM

You've never seen a movie? WOW ... FLATULENT SHOWBOATING???? LMAO! are you like 85 years old? Still callin women Broads? or Dames? Drinking a "Rob Roy" during the Giants game saying how the world has gone to pot? lol I can picture you !! arghhhh "why that darn puerto rican have to dance like that? arggg grrrrr " JEESH

Flip Empty
10-23-2012, 01:28 PM
I enjoy watching players' celebration routines, I don't think they're excessive at all. Bennett's unicorn dance always makes me laugh.

In the case of saying Cruz needs to grow up, see last year's game against the Saints. The Giants had already lost the game when Cruz found the endzone, and unlike Cam Newton a few weeks back, Cruz didn't perform his typical routine to celebrate a meaningless touchdown. The guy is plenty grown up.

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 01:29 PM

oh one more thing....just cause we loves ya : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29or1_espn-top-10-touchdown-celebrations_sport

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
You've never seen a movie? WOW ... FLATULENT SHOWBOATING???? LMAO! are you like 85 years old? Still callin women Broads? or Dames? Drinking a "Rob Roy" during the Giants game saying how the world has gone to pot? lol I can picture you !! arghhhh "why that darn puerto rican have to dance like that? arggg grrrrr " JEESHEven old Roanoke is cooler than him! (No offense to you Ro)

DVision
10-23-2012, 01:30 PM

We??? Your not on the team and listening to your comments I'm pretty sure they're glad about that! Last I checked football was a game!

Flip Empty
10-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Last I checked football was a game!
Exactly. It's entertainment, and players' post-play histrionics only add to that.

egyptian420
10-23-2012, 01:38 PM
You're telling me when you were out on the school yard playing with your friends just having fun, you guys would act like robots and show no emotion after a huge play?

This is what it is to them basically, they're playing a game with their friends and they like to have fun, joke, and horse around. This doesn't negatively affects the class of our organization in any way. There isn't a single team out there that refrains from celebrations.

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 01:40 PM
im still cracking up at the statement "FLATULENT SHOWBOATING"

i do really miss Big Barry Cofields "self-tazer" lol

Flip Empty
10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0qAK9.gif

egyptian420
10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Lol, I think Jerome Simpson's front flip was the craziest one I've ever seen

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 02:00 PM
anyone remember the Fun Bunch...i always thought that was GHEYYYYYYY

timmytimm3
10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
holy bitter. Cruz does the Salsa to honor his deceased Grandmother. You seriously need to lighten up, have a coke and a smile, and give back the presents to the whos in whoville

Looks like they're showboating down there on the field!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ06QJajXM8dG68fxbal8USUjluHVlHT XxOIlFjqbuh8petfmpS

Eliscruzzz
10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Personally Ilike his other sack dance just sack him and twirl the finger...

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 02:04 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ06QJajXM8dG68fxbal8USUjluHVlHT XxOIlFjqbuh8petfmpS

HAHA nice

dezzzR
10-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Personally Ilike his other sack dance just sack him and twirl the finger...I like that too. Osi does the stupid Jet celebration. I like Kiwis fist pump.

yoeddy
10-23-2012, 02:08 PM

Certainly prefer the players getting pumped up and celebrating about making a great football play rather than treating it like a job and being all about the money...

Eliscruzzz
10-23-2012, 02:11 PM
I like that too. Osi does the stupid Jet celebration. I like Kiwis fist pump.Yeah to me it is more intimidnating

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Jpp should do this next time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIGYUi3l8U&feature=related

Mistanihan
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Am I the only one who was bothered by that? I was waiting for the ref to throw the flag for taunting. Really, we don't need to showboat. Osi running doing the 'airplane' or Tuck doing his Samauri 'bow' seem pretty tame, but that dance JPP did was just plain stupid

Let them celebrate, they earned and damn well deserve it. Should Victor get flagged for his salsa? I'd say no.

Giantz4Life
10-23-2012, 03:02 PM

OMG it's Buzz Killington! I knew he existed in real life!!

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/buzzkillington_zpsa2cf6eac.jpeg

GiantWarfare
10-23-2012, 03:05 PM
LOL my god so many sourpusses in here...at the end of the day its a game ppl, matter of fact you should look forward to seeing these celebrations because it means a big play has been made.

BTW its not like they're over the top w/ it like some players are. JPP dancing after a sack, or Cruz dancing after hitting the endzone is not the same as Santonio Holmes of the Jets celebrating after every single first down.

EddieBlue
10-23-2012, 03:42 PM
OMG it's Buzz Killington! I knew he existed in real life!!

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/buzzkillington_zpsa2cf6eac.jpeg

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 03:46 PM
LOL my god so many sourpusses in here...at the end of the day its a game ppl, matter of fact you should look forward to seeing these celebrations because it means a big play has been made.

BTW its not like they're over the top w/ it like some players are. JPP dancing after a sack, or Cruz dancing after hitting the endzone is not the same as Santonio Holmes of the Jets celebrating after every single first down.Thank You

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Now they just need two players to coordinate a celebration that replicates the elevator scene in Gangnam Style. That's my favorite part of that video.

manning to shockey
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM

BWHAHHAHAHA!!!

Ruttiger711
10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Now they just need two players to coordinate a celebration that replicates the elevator scene in Gangnam Style. That's my favorite part of that video.

Now thats where I draw the line ;) - but seriously, coordinated ANYTHING will definitely land you a flag and 15.

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Now thats where I draw the line ;) - but seriously, coordinated ANYTHING will definitely land you a flag and 15.

Imagine if Tiki was still on the Giants and he did that. Harooni would have a heart attack!

NYGHooligan
10-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Hahaa too many old ppl here it seems

Superbowl
10-23-2012, 06:20 PM
It cracked me up when I first saw that too.

AND...

People should lighten up a little. It's entertainment and let's enjoy it for what it is.

510GiantsFan
10-23-2012, 06:40 PM

http://thesunnygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/debbie-downer.jpg

jomo
10-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Am I the only one who was bothered by that? I was waiting for the ref to throw the flag for taunting. Really, we don't need to showboat. Osi running doing the 'airplane' or Tuck doing his Samauri 'bow' seem pretty tame, but that dance JPP did was just plain stupidI totally agree. It was reminiscent of M Bennetts uncomfortable dance in the end zone. I am not a huge fan of the celebration, but if you must celebrate, make it a manly one.

jomo
10-23-2012, 07:26 PM

BTW its not like they're over the top w/ it like some players are. JPP dancing after a sack, or Cruz dancing after hitting the endzone is not the same as Santonio Holmes of the Jets celebrating after every single first down.It is just a game and it is just entertainment. My point is that his material is lacking. Love the salsa, hate the whatever he calls that lame thing he does.

CowboysSuck
10-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Some of you have your heads so far up you *** its ridiculous. HAVE SOME DAMN FUN. THE NFL IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSED ONLY. My god, you'd think he pulled his pants off and pooped on RGIII's neck or something the way some of you are responding. my god

CowboysSuck
10-23-2012, 07:30 PM
hahaha I thought it was hilarious. get over yourselves guys, JPP is having fun and could care less if someone disgruntled with their own life has only negative things to say about his sack dance. Lets get real LOL

DVision
10-23-2012, 07:32 PM
It is just a game and it is just entertainment. My point is that his material is lacking. Love the salsa, hate the whatever he calls that lame thing he does.

It's a fad dance from a Korean artist that has blown up on youtube! It was done around the league by a number of players this weekend! It's a joke!!

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Some of you have your heads so far up you *** its ridiculous. HAVE SOME DAMN FUN. THE NFL IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSED ONLY. My god, you'd think he pulled his pants off and pooped on RGIII's neck or something the way some of you are responding. my godOh my God I just pictured that and died laughing. Then I pictured Coughlin going absolutely crazy.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1549488_o.gif

CowboysSuck
10-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh my God I just pictured that and died laughing. Then I pictured Coughlin going absolutely crazy.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1549488_o.gif

aahahaha could you imagine

jomo
10-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Some of you have your heads so far up you *** its ridiculous. HAVE SOME DAMN FUN. THE NFL IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSED ONLY. My god, you'd think he pulled his pants off and pooped on RGIII's neck or something the way some of you are responding. my godAllow me to extract my head from my behind lol. I think you've got it half right. It is all about entertainment as you said and I said earlier. Since it is about entertainment, we should be able to weigh in on whether it is good or bad entertainment. Cruz salsa, good...........Osi, airplane, good, ........Strahan, strongman good..............JPP, whatever that thing is ...........NOT GOOD. Some like it and some don't. That's what makes the world go round. I don't like it. He needs better material IMHO.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
It lasted like what..3 seconds? big deal.

It's not like the entire defensive line did the Charleston.

CowboysSuck
10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
It may not have been...say 'choreographically' a good dance. But I sure was happy when he got the sack and was laughing when he did the dance. I only have good memories and positive emotions when I think of it. I cant criticize it...I just cant!

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I'd say Osi's airplane technically lasts longer than the Gangnam Style and I'd be more offended by that if I was the opposing team. It's not like the network put on the music in the background for JPP like they do for Cruz either.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I'd say Osi's airplane technically lasts longer than the Gangnam Style and I'd be more offended by that if I was the opposing team. It's not like the network put on the music in the background for JPP like they do for Cruz either.Good idea.

They need to play Gangnam Style everytime JPP gets a sack.

jomo
10-23-2012, 07:41 PM
It lasted like what..3 seconds? big deal.

It's not like the entire defensive line did the Charleston.Left me thinking of the Rockettes at Rockefeller Center during the holidays. Very uncomfortable lol.

NYGabriel
10-23-2012, 07:42 PM
It was just a topical celebration. Stevie Johnson and Mike Tolbert did it too. Not my cup of tea but I have no complaints.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Left me thinking of the Rockettes at Rockefeller Center during the holidays. Very uncomfortable lol.You were uncomfortable seeing the Rockettes?!

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Good idea.

They need to play Gangnam Style everytime JPP gets a sack.

I would of preferred PSY to do the halftime show over...Beyonce. Well I guess we can all take solace in the fact Bieber isn't doing it.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I would of preferred PSY to do the halftime show over...Beyonce. Well I guess we can all take solace in the fact Bieber isn't doing it.I'm sure JPP would have appreciated PSY.

As for Bieber.....bleh.

jomo
10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
You were uncomfortable seeing the Rockettes?!ROTFL to me it was a girly kinda dance by JPP. That is where the Rockettes reference comes in. Got nothing against those women. Actually, here's what bugs me about his routine. It feels like a Dallas thing roping a calf etc. Matellus Bennett did something similar and I reacted the same way.

CowboysSuck
10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Beibs is pretty talented. Hes not my cup of tea, but I respect his act. Hes a millionaire. He was before he could drive a car....success at its finest.

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 07:55 PM
ROTFL to me it was a girly kinda dance by JPP. That is where the Rockettes reference comes in. Got nothing against those women. Actually, here's what bugs me about his routine. It feels like a Dallas thing roping a calf etc. Matellus Bennett did something similar and I reacted the same way.

It's a light-hearted South Korean dance which has nothing to do with the Cowboys but I take it you never seen or heard of Gangnam Style before all of this so I understand the confusion. It seems like it was just a Week 7 thing done around the league and I'm sure JPP will go back to the finger roll celebration he does.

moosedrool
10-23-2012, 07:56 PM
JPP's dance made made crack up when it was live. Attached to that music it's awful.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:56 PM
ROTFL to me it was a girly kinda dance by JPP. That is where the Rockettes reference comes in. Got nothing against those women. Actually, here's what bugs me about his routine. It feels like a Dallas thing roping a calf etc. Matellus Bennett did something similar and I reacted the same way. Hahaha gotcha. They are just having fun out there man. I guess it is kinda disturbing to see a grown man doing something so feminine.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Beibs is pretty talented. Hes not my cup of tea, but I respect his act. Hes a millionaire. He was before he could drive a car....success at its finest.Eh, he's talented, but I just don't care for his music.

I wish Eli could sing..

jomo
10-23-2012, 08:01 PM
It's a light-hearted South Korean dance which has nothing to do with the Cowboys but I take it you never seen or heard of Gangnam Style before all of this so I understand the confusion. It seems like it was just a Week 7 thing done around the league and I'm sure JPP will go back to the finger roll celebration he does.I am hoping for that about 5 time this Sunday!

NYG4lifeNYK
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
God, some of you guys just want our players to be like robots.

He's not taunting/trash talking/stabbing anyone in the throat.

++++++1

Flip Empty
10-23-2012, 08:46 PM
The video, for those living under a pile of rocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Abby Manning
10-23-2012, 08:48 PM
That is one catchy tune, Eli does that dance for everyone at family functions....

Eli TO Shockey
10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
That is one catchy tune, Eli does that dance for everyone at family functions....

classic

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
That is one catchy tune, Eli does that dance for everyone at family functions....I bet he trips and falls while doing it.

embeshAtYa
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
The best ****. I love it.. I want him to do that week 17

ShakeandBake
10-23-2012, 09:05 PM
JPP's dance was pretty bad, bud some of you people complaining remind me of this guy
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyDs9a7mioeapjENAeKKW-QqBQQ1sQCgV2hAsiZ0AkgoMQWazVdw

fansince69
10-23-2012, 09:15 PM
JPP's dance was pretty bad, bud some of you people complaining remind me of this guy
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyDs9a7mioeapjENAeKKW-QqBQQ1sQCgV2hAsiZ0AkgoMQWazVdw

that was my next door neighbor growing up....btw those are the guys that get crucified by practical jokes lol

Redeyejedi
10-23-2012, 09:57 PM
It's unsportsmanlike because they're supposed to be playing football, not engaging in exhibitionism. I tune in to watch some good football, not inflated egos. Cruz needs to grow up too. His theatrics are embarrassing.Its a game it is supposed to be fun

GiantRoc
10-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I think the only guy who should be pissed off is Martellus Bennett. He totally stole that move. Isn't that "Ridin the unicorn?"