PDA

View Full Version : Nfl.com power rankings.

BMW
10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084198/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-8-bears-crack-top-3-lions-in-free-fallMore media hate for the giants, what a joke. Rankings are crap but this takes the cake, the bears beat a terrible lions team and move up two spots over the giants and 49ers lmao. The giants win and move down a spot, these clowns in the media can go to hell.

thomsoad
10-23-2012, 04:22 PM
While I agree that Chicago scoring 13 points is pathetic... the Defense is for real.
Im ok with 4th for now.

Bsides, im sure you looked at ESPNs Power Rankings but hardly a mention of them "going to hell" ... kinda hypocritical.

blueNorange
10-23-2012, 04:22 PM
have you seen the bears defense?

fansince69
10-23-2012, 04:26 PM
While I agree that Chicago scoring 13 points is pathetic... the Defense is for real.
Im ok with 4th for now.

Bsides, im sure you looked at ESPNs Power Rankings but hardly a mention of them "going to hell" ... kinda hypocritical.

the one I got this morning had us 3rd behind bears and houston not that it matters

thomsoad
10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
the one I got this morning had us 3rd behind bears and houston not that it matters
ESPN had us 2nd...just ahead of the Texans but below the Falcons.
You sure it was the Bears?
Hard to believe any Power Rankings would have the only undefeated team #4.

BMW
10-23-2012, 04:32 PM
have you seen the bears defense?What lmao, who have they beat that is good? The only good team they played they lost.

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Bears have arguably the best secondary in the NFL right now. Jennings and Tillman have both been shutdown corners it seems for the most part. Still not sure of their ability to win deep in the playoffs with that OL though.

thomsoad
10-23-2012, 04:36 PM
What lmao, who have they beat that is good? The only good team they played they lost.

First off the loss was inner divisional play.
I think we can all agree that records get tossed out the window for those.
Or are we to concede that the Cowboys are better then us.

All you gotta do is watch the Bears play to recognize that D is for real.
They fly around the ball and they have CBs that shut down Megatron.
I think Nicks is a helluva good WR when healthy...but he wuld be the first to tell you ... he aint Megatron.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 04:41 PM
ESPN had us 2nd...just ahead of the Texans but below the Falcons.
You sure it was the Bears?
Hard to believe any Power Rankings would have the only undefeated team #4.

yupp your right my mistake ..did it from memeory...just rechecked...1falcons 2 houston 3us 4 bear 5 49ers

BMW
10-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Easy to shut down megatron when the lions have nothing else but him, the bears have lost to the only good team they played. Look at the other teams they played other than the cowboys who are average at best. Also cowboys week 1 win was against a team with massive injuries and not only that it was their super bowl.

thomsoad
10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Easy to shut down megatron when the lions have nothing else but him, the bears have lost to the only good team they played. Look at the other teams they played other than the cowboys who are average at best. Also cowboys week 1 win was against a team with massive injuries and not only that it was their super bowl.

I do agree that you are right about Megatron being all they got.
LeShoure looks decent as a RB but they have nobody legit on the other side.
But I cant just toss aside the fact they pretty much shut em out....yeah Lions scored a TD but it garbage time.
I could also agree with you that the Giants should be higher.
But Bears have only loss one game ... so if they want the Bears higher im not gonna get into too much of a tizzy about it.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 04:54 PM
so the falcons who needed late game miracles to beat oakland (1-5) and another shoddy team I can't recall, and they're automatically the 1 team, but bc we win on elis late game heroics, which is the opposite of a fluke when it happens 8x in like 20 games, and we fall a spot?

eh i never put much stock in these anyway. it used to be different than this everyday a new/different power ranking by anyone and their cousin...now they are are even more meaningless somehow

blueNorange
10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
lol what?

calvin johnson gets doubled teamed all the time and still is productive

why are you getting mad? giants are ranked 4, is that not good enough for you?

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 04:57 PM
First off the loss was inner divisional play.
I think we can all agree that records get tossed out the window for those.
Or are we to concede that the Cowboys are better then us.

All you gotta do is watch the Bears play to recognize that D is for real.
They fly around the ball and they have CBs that shut down Megatron.
I think Nicks is a helluva good WR when healthy...but he wuld be the first to tell you ... he aint Megatron.
ramses barden made tillman his *****. the lions would struggle vs them bc of a lack of a run game and overtargeting megatron.

eli would bust that tampa 2 wide open with our deep pool of talent/run game

BlueSanta
10-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Could care less, same as when they had us much further down. This means nothing.

Marvelousmik
10-23-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084198/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-8-bears-crack-top-3-lions-in-free-fallMore media hate for the giants, what a joke. Rankings are crap but this takes the cake, the bears beat a terrible lions team and move up two spots over the giants and 49ers lmao. The giants win and move down a spot, these clowns in the media can go to hell.

when the media hypes us up we lose. when they underrate us we win. i honestly with we were 16th on the rankings. right in the middle in spite of our record

pj18
10-23-2012, 05:44 PM
so the falcons who needed late game miracles to beat oakland (1-5) and another shoddy team I can't recall, and they're automatically the 1 team, but bc we win on elis late game heroics, which is the opposite of a fluke when it happens 8x in like 20 games, and we fall a spot?

eh i never put much stock in these anyway. it used to be different than this everyday a new/different power ranking by anyone and their cousin...now they are are even more meaningless somehow

When you're 6-0 and the only undefeated team you deserve to be ranked 1 no matter who you've played. If the Giants were 6-0 with the Falcons schedule and weren't ranked #1 everyone would be pissed.

BigBlueAllDay
10-23-2012, 06:14 PM
80% of the power ranking is just ordering teams by the records. It's not rocket science. Anyone can do that. More usefully, on a game to game basis, it's how well a team can prepare to play the opponent and the matchups. Some team that is ranked the in 20s can beat a team in the top 5 on any given Sunday. There's no need to get too deep with somebody's power ranking beyond just giving it a glance in my opinion. I'd rank the Giants No.1 for all I care. The Falcons have to go through the NFC East having only beating the Redskins by knocking out RG3 so far. Their undefeated mark won't hold up for long.

Mohann
10-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Anywhere from 2 to 4 is reasonable.

sharick88
10-23-2012, 07:56 PM

To your credit, the bears have beaten the lions, colts, jaguars, cowboys, and rams. Their most impressive win was against Dallas and ours was against the 49ers. I would have them ahead of the bears, but I really don't give a **** about rankings and all of that. Don't worry about it that much buddy

JJC7301
10-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I think that it's absolutely the right rankings:

Falcs are 6-0
Texans are 5-1 having just blown out the Ravens and have a very favorable point differential.
Bears are 5 -1 have let up something like 80 points the entire season and have scored about as many points as the Giants (I think they have the most favorable point differential in the entire league).

B&RWarrior
10-23-2012, 11:08 PM
After watching our defense against the Skins I don't see how anybody can complain about a #4 ranking.

Captain Chaos
10-24-2012, 04:52 AM
After watching our defense against the Skins I don't see how anybody can complain about a #4 ranking.

dito!

stormblue
10-24-2012, 07:31 AM
the falcons have not played any team with a winning record.
13 -24 is their opponents record.

heck , our opponents are 18 -27......we're ranked too high also

Parademon
10-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Falcons are a very soft 6-0. Beat an atrocious KC club in the opener, then squeeked out a win vs Peyton after they jumped out to a 21-0 lead. They struggled to beat 1-5 Carolina, 2-4 Oakland, beat the Skins by 7 after they KOed RG3 very early in the game. Most impressive win was over SD 27-3.

They have no run game..ranked 29th & are ranked 28th against the run. Have no doubt we'll smash em in our week 14 meeting.