PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Mark Herzlich Being Groomed for MLB Of The Future

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 08:33 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/23/...of-the-future/ (http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/23/new-york-giants-mark-herzlich-being-groomed-as-mlb-of-the-future/)

Excerpt: "New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) linebacker Mark Herzlich (http://www.giants101.com/tag/mark-herzlich/) has not seen a lot of playing time this season. Despite a productive preseason and rumblings that he could take over at the starting middle linebacker position sooner rather than later, Herzlich has taken a backseat to teammate Chase Blackburn (http://www.giants101.com/tag/chase-blackburn/) for the first seven games of 2012. Although Herzlich's lack of playing time is surprising, one would have a hard time finding a place for him within the Giants deep linebacker core. As the saying goes, don't fix something that's not broken.

The New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) defense has improved over the last two weeks. After holding Alex Smith and the San Francisco 49ers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/san-francisco-49ers/) offense to three points, Big Blue forced four turnovers against the Washington Redskins (http://www.giants101.com/tag/washington-redskins/) to eek out a 27-23 victory. Perhaps the most influential turnover of the game came in the final minute, as Giants middle linebacker Chase Blackburn (http://www.giants101.com/tag/chase-blackburn/) stripped Santana Moss of the football (http://www.giants101.com/tag/football/) and effectively ended the game. Despite some blown coverages at time this season, Blackburn has played better than expected so far through 2012." Read more...

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 08:44 PM
i havent forgotten or given up on herz at all. i think the article explains it well. blackburn is earning his spot through these 1rst 7 weeks. Herz is the guy of the future who has a ton of potential and is athletically way more gifted than CB. and CB is prob the first person i'd pick to have herz learn from bc CB gets a lot done despite his lack of athleticism. if herz can take CB game and add his own athleticism to it...well thats what we've wanted at MLB forever it seems

CowboysSuck
10-23-2012, 08:45 PM
I like chase. Hes not Urlacher but he fits in the Giants defense just fine.

Slip will be in here soon to complain about how awful Chase is. waiting...

B&RWarrior
10-23-2012, 08:49 PM
i havent forgotten or given up on herz at all. i think the article explains it well. blackburn is earning his spot through these 1rst 7 weeks. Herz is the guy of the future who has a ton of potential and is athletically way more gifted than CB. and CB is prob the first person i'd pick to have herz learn from bc CB gets a lot done despite his lack of athleticism. if herz can take CB game and add his own athleticism to it...well thats what we've wanted at MLB forever it seems

Uh CB runs like a 4.7 in the 40 and Herzlich runs a 4.9. Who's the better athlete?

SLUNK(three)AM
10-23-2012, 09:05 PM
When its all said and done - if you look at all the times Blackburn has made big plays for the Giants - you just gotta love him. Some people just have that sixth sense about making game-changing plays and CB is one of them. He does make his mistakes but it would take a special LB to provide a more positive effect than Chase is already providing for our defense.

RoanokeFan
10-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Uh CB runs like a 4.7 in the 40 and Herzlich runs a 4.9. Who's the better athlete?

Is that a trick question?

TheEnigma
10-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Herzlich was also two years from being diagnosed with bone cancer. I think he gets a bit of a break on his 40 yard dash time.

EnragedYouth85
10-23-2012, 09:08 PM

Speed does not prove athleticism.. just sayin..

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 09:18 PM
i love when people try to be a smart *** and end up just making themselves look like an ***...i guess i forgot that 40 times is the lone and sole indicator of athleticism. thanks for reminding me!

but in all seriousness, you'd have to be blind to think CB has as good a back pedal, lateral movement and fluidity in the hips when dropping off in coverage. in fact, if there was ONE thing Herz displayed to be better than CB it was his athleticism. that awesome jump int, that awesome pressure he got vs gb iirc last year...as i said i like CB. he's the now bc he's earned it with play. but i am excited for the future whether its next week or next year and Herz gets the MLB spot

GMENAGAIN
10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Ya know, I keep hearing everyone saying how great Herzlich played in the preseason, but I watched every preseason snap and what I saw from Herzlich was a guy who made very few, if any, impact plays against 3rd and 4th stringers. I am a big Herzlich fan and I really wanted to see him "pop", but I just didn't . . . . .

GameTime
10-23-2012, 09:35 PM
The article was kind of sketchy to me. He says Chase has been a force in the run stopping when he has been just the opposite. But I guess compared to the rest of the team he has been a force. Also he says Rivers filled in admirably when JW was down. Rivers is supposed to be WAY more than admirable.
I like Chase and am a big supporter of him and I agree with 99% of the article but a few things left me wondering if this guy really does his homework.

BTW.....what is taking Herz so long to learn the D? I guess their experiment with Goff and Jones made them realize how valuable Chase's knowledge really is.

drewz
10-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I remember Herz playing very well against the Eagles last year, it's a shame he hasn't been able to build off that yet

brad
10-23-2012, 10:08 PM
I think Herz will end up being a pretty good MLB, but this article suggesting "stud MLB" is probably stretching it a bit. When I think stud MLB, players like Carson, Huff, Butkus, Singletary, Urlacher or Lewis come to mind... Herz may be good... but I don't think he is anywhere near those guys.

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 10:18 PM
I still havent seen the athleticism from Herzlich to believe he is a future starter.

He just is nowhere close to what he was before cancer. Everyone keeps saying that athleticism will eventually come back, but I dont think it works that way.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
I still havent seen the athleticism from Herzlich to believe he is a future starter.

He just is nowhere close to what he was before cancer. Everyone keeps saying that athleticism will eventually come back, but I dont think it works that way.
honestly I am not sure any of us can know that for sure...it may or may not....I think the prudent thing for this team is to plan on him not getting any better physically and make moves accordingly....if he improves its a great surprise and we make out well....if he doesnt we are prepared

JJC7301
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
+1. Herz was very highly touted in college before being diagnosed w/cancer. I haven't given up on him yet either, but Chase is probably the more sound player for right now. When it's Herz's turn, then it'll be his turn.

nycisgreat
10-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I like chase. Hes not Urlacher but he fits in the Giants defense just fine.

Slip will be in here soon to complain about how awful Chase is. waiting...

I like when people want to down play Blackburn's ability by comparing him to one of the elite LBs in the NFL. lol. To me this is the same argument Eli made last year comparing himself to Brady and his brother last season. How many MLB are playing better than Blackburn at this present time? I am not saying he is the best, but I think he is doing a good job.

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I like when people want to down play Blackburn's ability by comparing him to one of the elite LBs in the NFL. lol. To me this is the same argument Eli made last year comparing himself to Brady and his brother last season. How many MLB are playing better than Blackburn at this present time? I am not saying he is the best, but I think he is doing a good job.

I think every single other starting MLB in the league would start over Chase.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 11:14 PM

well then it must not exist. some one let TC and JR know, slip hasnt seen it and doesnt believe him to be a future starter.
thank god we dont have to even bother with him anymore...
your sounding like the kinda fan who says things like "well he didnt catch many tds so he isnt a good TE/he didnt get sacks so he's not a good DT"...how could you see it when he's not on the field, are you there at practices? and from his play on ST's, he's looked extremely determined and about as athletic as anyone i'd imagine on STs coverage would look...
TC and JR see something in him to keep him around, and TC is even talking bout him being the starter and battling for it...

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:17 PM
well then it must not exist. some one let TC and JR know, slip hasnt seen it and doesnt believe him to be a future starter.

Where have TC and JR said that Herzlich is a future starter?

Ive seen Herzlich play, in preseason and he played quite a bit last season, he is nowhere near the player he was before cancer. I will continue to believe he is that same post cancer player he has been since the draft until there are signs that that is changing.

GoDeep80
10-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I think every single other starting MLB in the league would start over Chase.Some second stringers too.

Drez
10-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Is that a trick question?

Only if the person asking it doesn't realize that Herz was recovering from bone cancer when he ran that.

GameTime
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
I think every single other starting MLB in the league would start over Chase.
of course they would Slip....they are starters Chase is a back up.......dont you get that......

just watched the game agais and while Chase got blown off on several plays he also made several as well. One thing I did notice is that ALL of the Giants LBs suck on coverage and Rolle sucks on coverage when he is close to the line. Chase wasnt on the field when Moss got his screen pass through 8 Giants players. Oh and BTW.....two plays before Chase caused Moss to fumble the game away he made Morris fumble too but Morris picked it back up. So two HUGE forced fumble with in two plays at a criticle time in the game. Yeah he sucks...

Say what you want and I dont care about PFF stuff. Chase is not playing any worse than any other Giants LB AND they are suppose to be the starters!!!

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:25 PM
The last three plays was all Moss, I thought.

Catch/fumble, drop, catch/fumble.

B&RWarrior
10-23-2012, 11:26 PM
i love when people try to be a smart *** and end up just making themselves look like an ***...i guess i forgot that 40 times is the lone and sole indicator of athleticism. thanks for reminding me!

but in all seriousness, you'd have to be blind to think CB has as good a back pedal, lateral movement and fluidity in the hips when dropping off in coverage. in fact, if there was ONE thing Herz displayed to be better than CB it was his athleticism. that awesome jump int, that awesome pressure he got vs gb iirc last year...as i said i like CB. he's the now bc he's earned it with play. but i am excited for the future whether its next week or next year and Herz gets the MLB spot

CB looks like the majority of MLB is pass coverage- not that graceful. No I don't look like an **** but I am the one who actually researched Herzlich when we drafted him, which you obviously did not. Herzlich's weaknesses on about 4 different scouting reports is his athletic ability, and not just his speed. I'm referring to his change of direction and lateral agility. Speed is his most glaring weakness. Chase isn't great athletically either, but Chase knows the game and even with his derth of speed Chase is usually around the ball. I like Herzlich, but if he has an advantage at MLB over Chase it's youth, definitely not athletic ability.

PS My battle is not with my fellow board members, but with bad information. So know that if you stand in the way of the truth I will run over you as I just did giantsfan420. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Dismissed.(this is a joke)

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
of course they would Slip....they are starters Chase is a back up.......dont you get that......

And did you even read the post I was responding to?

"How many MLB are playing better than Blackburn at this present time? I am not saying he is the best, but I think he is doing a good job."

GameTime
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
The last three plays was all Moss, I thought.

Catch/fumble, drop, catch/fumble.

No Morris fumbled and Moss fumble two plays later.....

GameTime
10-23-2012, 11:29 PM
And did you even read the post I was responding to?

"How many MLB are playing better than Blackburn at this present time? I am not saying he is the best, but I think he is doing a good job."

sorry I didnt.....my bad...

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:30 PM
nfl playbook says that first fumble was by josh morgan, then a moss drop, then the moss fumble.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
TC is talking about it in the link lmao did u even read it? he was asked about Herz and TC said that CB is one of the hardest players to unseat as the starter bc of how astute he is...
herz is the mlb of the future (could be next week, month, season) in everyone (team included) mind but urs and thats ok i was just pointing out a diff perspective

GameTime
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
nfl playbook says that first fumble was by josh morgan, then a moss drop, then the moss fumble.
I stand corrected .......it was josh morgan that fumbled first.....

rainierjef
10-23-2012, 11:35 PM
This is a very piss poor way to begin a debate, If you disagree fine you are entitled to your opinion, but to attack another opinion just because it does not suit your and ground it by pointing out the Coach/GM doesn't agree as well because they haven't let go of said player in mention, lacks substance. Ending it on a sarcastic note as well...ehhhh, hard to take what you say seriously after that.

your sounding like the kinda fan who says things like "well he didnt catch many tds so he isnt a good TE/he didnt get sacks so he's not a good DT"
Why attack the poster and not the topic? why bash his fan-hood, when you can easily dissect his assessment of Herz by following with what you said?
"how could you see it when he's not on the field,"

In the limited play Herz has had, obviously slip did not see the same athleticism he probably saw when he was in college pre cancer. I personally don't know the kid didn't follow him in college, did my best to catch up to speed during draft months. So it is not my place to say if he fell off or is still the same player, but to not knock off chase Blackburn for the starting MLB spot, with all the Athleticism that fans says he has, plus being in the system since 2011, has to raise some questions. Also what I did see of him while playing was good, but why is it not enough to beat out an under performing CB? It was certainly enough to not get cut like Greg Jones, whats holding him back?

Answer the questions without your usual MO if you can

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
TC is talking about it in the link lmao did u even read it? he was asked about Herz and TC said that CB is one of the hardest players to unseat as the starter bc of how astute he is...
herz is the mlb of the future (could be next week, month, season) in everyone (team included) mind but urs and thats ok i was just pointing out a diff perspective

It was one sentence saying that he thinks he could be a good LB moving forward.

The perspective Ive had pre-draft, post-draft, is the same of every other NFL team, he did not have the athleticism to be a starter, hence he went undrafted. Its not some story of Cruz just being an unknown, Herzlich was probably going to be a first rounder before his cancer. Every team knew and watched him. Nobody drafted him.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
CB looks like the majority of MLB is pass coverage- not that graceful. No I don't look like an **** but I am the one who actually researched Herzlich when we drafted him, which you obviously did not. Herzlich's weaknesses on about 4 different scouting reports is his athletic ability, and not just his speed. I'm referring to his change of direction and lateral agility. Speed is his most glaring weakness. Chase isn't great athletically either, but Chase knows the game and even with his derth of speed Chase is usually around the ball. I like Herzlich, but if he has an advantage at MLB over Chase it's youth, definitely not athletic ability.

PS My battle is not with my fellow board members, but with bad information. So know that if you stand in the way of the truth I will run over you as I just did giantsfan420. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Dismissed.(this is a joke)
well it was gonna be treated as a joke whether stated or not...really? was that the after cancer scouting report? bc if you had done any sorta research into Herz at BC, theres no way u even make that post. maybe in ur research u just didnt know he had cancer? lol whatever the case, when he was healthy at BC, dude was a beast especially when asked to do some of the athletic stuff good mlb's can sometimes do.
and we've seen herz get back to that on plays at least, not full time bc then he'd be starting imho. he's still a project bc of the cancer. and that 40x, was his post having cancer time fwiw...
u need to check out some film on this guy the year before he was diagnosed with cancer. he was an animal and was especially good at dropping into coverage for a mlb

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Please, it was one sentence saying that he thinks he could be a good LB moving forward.

The perspective Ive had pre-draft, post-draft, is the same of every other NFL team, he did not have the athleticism to be a starter, hence he went undrafted. Its not some story of Cruz just being an unknown, Herzlich was probably going to be a first rounder before his cancer. Every team knew and watched him. Nobody drafted him.

well thats ur opinion. TC feels otherwise, "one sentence" or not

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
well thats ur opinion. TC feels otherwise, "one sentence" or not

I suppose when asked he should have instead said "no he is not very good". Lol.

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:39 PM
well it was gonna be treated as a joke whether stated or not...really? was that the after cancer scouting report? bc if you had done any sorta research into Herz at BC

Who gives a fudge about how good he was pre-cancer. That is irrelevant to the player he is today.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I suppose when asked he should have instead said "no he is not very good". Lol.

yeah, your right. TC often sugar coats things for the benefit of a player...oh wait, no. thats about as opposite of TC as possible. again, u can have ur opinion, me and TC can have ours...you know thats ok right? we'll see anyways wont be that long

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:41 PM
yeah, your right. TC often sugar coats things for the benefit of a player...oh wait, no.

When has TC EVER said a player on his team isnt good?

Even guys like Sintim I never heard TC really criticize, just would say things like "well see" or "a work in progress".

Only guy to ever call out giants players is Reese, but thats rare too.

rainierjef
10-23-2012, 11:47 PM
me and TC can have ours...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/92979/1667734-jokerlaughingfacepalm_super.jpg

B&RWarrior
10-23-2012, 11:48 PM
well it was gonna be treated as a joke whether stated or not...really? was that the after cancer scouting report? bc if you had done any sorta research into Herz at BC, theres no way u even make that post. maybe in ur research u just didnt know he had cancer? lol whatever the case, when he was healthy at BC, dude was a beast especially when asked to do some of the athletic stuff good mlb's can sometimes do.
and we've seen herz get back to that on plays at least, not full time bc then he'd be starting imho. he's still a project bc of the cancer. and that 40x, was his post having cancer time fwiw...
u need to check out some film on this guy the year before he was diagnosed with cancer. he was an animal and was especially good at dropping into coverage for a mlb

Herzlich was never a burner. Not before kimo and definitely after. He had average speed for a college LB and below average speed for a NFL LB before kimo. IF you really watched Boston than what jumps out at you is his instincts, not this athletic ability. I guy with great instincts can always be a playmaker in the college game, but in the NFL u need both instincts and at least average athletic ability to be good/great LB. My original point stands. He was never a GREAT athlete. I like Herz, but I'm not going to lie and say CB deserves to get benched or that we have the next Pat Willis on the bench.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Herzlich was never a burner. Not before kimo and definitely after. He had average speed for a college LB and below average speed for a NFL LB before kimo. IF you really watched Boston than what jumps out at you is his instincts, not this athletic ability. I guy with great instincts can always be a playmaker in the college game, but in the NFL u need both instincts and at least average athletic ability to be good/great LB. My original point stands. He was never a GREAT athlete. I like Herz, but I'm not going to lie and say CB deserves to get benched or that we have the next Pat Willis on the bench.
who the hell said he was willis or to bench CB? i said herz was a better athlete, u posted a 40x after herz had cancer, and said cb was the better athlete...u were wrong, but went on some diatribe rant about running over posters or some weird bs

slipknottin
10-24-2012, 12:05 AM
who the hell said he was willis or to bench CB? i said herz was a better athlete, u posted a 40x after herz had cancer, and said cb was the better athlete...u were wrong, but went on some diatribe rant about running over posters or some weird bs

Herz was certainly a better athlete than CB pre-cancer. But what does that matter? As of right now, I would say CB is the better athlete

TheAnalyst
10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
I think Herlich is a younger Chase. Not sure I see much difference. Our MLB spot is like our TE spot. Goff, Blackburn, Herz... Ballards, boss, Pascoe.... Unathletic blue collared dudes but get the job done.

slipknottin
10-24-2012, 12:10 AM
I think Herlich is a younger Chase. Not sure I see much difference. Our MLB spot is like our TE spot. Goff, Blackburn, Herz... Ballards, boss, Pascoe.... Unathletic blue collared dudes but get the job done.

Until they bring in a Bennett and everyone is like "So thats what a TE who can run looks like!"

fourth&forever
10-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Until they bring in a Bennett and everyone is like "So thats what a TE who can run looks like!"
I wish Bennet had a little more intensity. He looks unfocused/unmotivated at times out there.

rainierjef
10-24-2012, 12:16 AM
I wish Bennet had a little more intensity. He looks unfocused/unmotivated at times out there.

thank you.

If he kept running that route in the redskins game, he either catches that ball or deflects it. Either way Eli doesn't get intercepted and we get another chance to get into the end zone.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 12:17 AM
lmfao

stormblue
10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
the giants give up 5.0 yards per rush attempt,
which is 30th in the league.

so there is your Blacburn stat that matters.

B&RWarrior
10-24-2012, 12:21 AM

Dude the guy didn't forget how to play because of chemo. I'm judging the player we have now and telling you his athletic ability is not going to get him the job over CB. If the guy ran a 4.9 after chemo he probably ran a 4.7 before kimo. The guy was NEVER a great athete. I think Herzy takes the job next year as starter MLB or we draft a MLB.

Cool Papa B.
10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
What Chase has going for him is he knows Fewell's defense. Fewell even said it's like have him out there when Chase is out there. I'd rather have someone who may not be as speedy and athletic, but doesn't blow coverage.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by giantsfan420

B&RWarrior: Uh CB runs like a 4.7 in the 40 and Herzlich runs a 4.9. Who's the better athlete?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

just to remind you, now I know you CANNOT be wrong in your world which is why youre creating flawed inaccurate statements, applying them to me and then countering them, all as a way to feel "right".
the above is reality, what actually happened. the other bs is a figment of b&r's imagination...but be careful, he'll "run you over" with his genius lmfao

Captain Chaos
10-24-2012, 05:38 AM

Where did those numbers come from?

GMENAGAIN
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
If Herzlich is "way more" athletically gifted than Chase, why is Chase playing ahead of him?

TheAnalyst
10-24-2012, 10:49 AM

Yeah, and he is putting up the same numbers as Ballard did. This is why we dont need to over pay for a TE. Its all the same in our system. As long as they can block and catch, we are good.

Martellus has 25 catches for 305 yards and 3 TDs in his 5th season so far, although his production has tampered off since week 4. Jake Ballard had 38 catches for 608 yards and 4 TDs in his rookie year basically last year. Kevin Boss had averaged about 40 catches, 500 yards and 5 TDs. Yes, MB is way more athletic then those others, but how much more of a difference does it make? Although I will give it to MB as he is a much more polished blocker.

I just dont see us overpaying for his services when we can get another TE to come in and basically do the same thing.

Oh and Herz is not that much more athletic then Chase, if he is at all. Maybe he used to be in college before he unfortunately got cancer, but right now he is about even, while being younger.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
am i the only one that remembers that awesome int he had in preseason last yr? or that game vs GB or Philly iirc where he sprints to the OL on a blitz, and clear hurdles the C or G, hits the qb as he threw it?
he may have lost some athleticism, but i refuse to believe its on the level of CB. whom i respect 1000%, but moves laterally pretty terribly, and is stiff as hell in drop back situations...its why hes taken off the field on 3rd downs...we'll see with herz u guys may be right but hes got to get on the field and show us one way or the other which imo wont be that long down the line

GMENAGAIN
10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
am i the only one that remembers that awesome int he had in preseason last yr? or that game vs GB or Philly iirc where he sprints to the OL on a blitz, and clear hurdles the C or G, hits the qb as he threw it?
he may have lost some athleticism, but i refuse to believe its on the level of CB. whom i respect 1000%, but moves laterally pretty terribly, and is stiff as hell in drop back situations...its why hes taken off the field on 3rd downs...we'll see with herz u guys may be right but hes got to get on the field and show us one way or the other which imo wont be that long down the line

I'm inferring that Herzlich has not shown "way more" athleticism than Chase based upon the fact that the coaches are playing Chase over Herzlich and that Herzlich is not really getting many snaps at all on defense. Also, when I watched him during the preseason, I saw a guy that was tough and physical, but I didn't see any flashes of great athletic ability (which, of course, doesn't mean that the ability isn't there).

We are all basically guessing at this point.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 11:45 AM
We are all basically guessing at this point.

you are right...
and my guess is that Chase's ability to call the D and makes huge plays here and there are far out weighing the liability of Herz'z skill level at the moment.

I'd rather have the D set up properly and Chase get smoked here and there then have Herz in there and the whole D gets smoked.
Also look at the the prerformance level of all the Giants LBs, the "starters" included....its not very good overall,. They all suck in coverage and even Rolle sucks in coverage when he plays up on the line. Chase's overall performance is not that far off what the rest of that group is currently doing....and I dont give a **** what PFF stats say I see it plain as day on the field every Sunday

DaKraken
10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Last I checked it was our run defense that got torched this past Sunday, not our LB/FS coverage by CB/Rolle/etc

I'm more worried about the Dallas game on Sunday than whether Herzlich takes over for CB in the future...

GMENAGAIN
10-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Last I checked it was our run defense that got torched this past Sunday, not our LB/FS coverage by CB/Rolle/etc

I'm more worried about the Dallas game on Sunday than whether Herzlich takes over for CB in the future...

Murray may be out, which should weaken Dallas' run game