PDA

View Full Version : So, what's changed since Week 1 against the Cowboys?

drewz
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Pros:

Will Beatty at LT, Sean Locklear at RT have only given up 1 sack this season. Demarcus Ware won't have David Diehl to pick on
Prince Amukamara didn't play, and easily has been the Giants best corner, Jayron Hosley played a very limited role from his turf toe injury
Chris Canty back in the middle at DT should be ready for a full rep
Keith Rivers who was huge in shutting down DeMarco Murray in the first half and got injured, is healthy

Cons:

Secondary is still a weak link on defense, Corey Webster is still a liability..
Kenny Phillips is still a long shot to play, though Stevie Brown has played well in his absence.

---
IMO, the Cowboys were able to take advantage of our weak offensive line and secondary in week 1.. It won't be as easy for them on Sunday. Giants are just about at as healthy as they've been all season, and with Hakeem Nicks expected to get another full week of practice I think he'll have a good game..

Giants should win this one.. they seem as motivated as they were against San Fransisco

giantfan1976
10-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Pros:

Will Beatty at LT, Sean Locklear at RT have only given up 1 sack this season. Demarcus Ware won't have David Diehl to pick on
Prince Amukamara didn't play, and easily has been the Giants best corner, Jayron Hosley played a very limited role from his turf toe injury
Chris Canty back in the middle at DT should be ready for a full rep
Keith Rivers who was huge in shutting down DeMarco Murray in the first half and got injured, is healthy

Cons:

Secondary is still a weak link on defense, Corey Webster is still a liability..
Kenny Phillips is still a long shot to play, though Stevie Brown has played well in his absence.

---
IMO, the Cowboys were able to take advantage of our weak offensive line and secondary in week 1.. It won't be as easy for them on Sunday. Giants are just about at as healthy as they've been all season, and with Hakeem Nicks expected to get another full week of practice I think he'll have a good game..

Giants should win this one.. they seem as motivated as they were against San Fransisco

I think you covered everything except one little thing. They're playing in MetLife South. Eli feels very comfortable there.

Rudyy
10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
I think you covered everything except one little thing. They're playing in MetLife South. Eli feels very comfortable there.Aka, Eli Stadium.

FrankAE
10-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I think d-line is the weak link. Secondary has one side pretty much shut down in Prince and Stevie Brown who has played well enough to take KP's job, secondary was way worst with KP not living up to what he should of been. Webster is lacking but he is playing hurt and known for picking it up as the season goes on.

The biggest change is we have dominated a contender in the 9ers and compared to rg3 , romo will look slow and pathetic. There will be no SB hang over and Giants should have won that game anyway. Plus the importance of getting swept will be on their minds and Wilson should have a great game vs that crappy special teams. just a few changes but there's more. Giants should wipe the floor with these clowns on sunday and put them in a hole.

Mighty 1ne
10-23-2012, 09:29 PM
for starters Sean Lee is out for the season which is a big loss for the Cowboys.

Despite the Giants issues, they were still a 3rd down stop away from getting the ball back and giving Eli a shot to tie the game for them....Giants had the momentum until Tryon came in the game and Romo threw for big gains against him.

I like our chances.

giantsfan420
10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
week 1, they won the battle of the trenches which is sad bc they had a depleted interior line and no jay ratliff on the DL. our guys didnt show up on both the DL and OL. dont forget that the DL got zero pressures iirc...

that week 1 team is about as different a team from where we're at now. since Lockler came in at RT and Beatty at LT, its like the rest of the OL didnt have to carry DD's weight, and have played well in both the run and pass.
and the DL showed up vs SF. it took a while to get their intensity up. sometimes we as fans overlook that but its a huge factor esp on the DL. last yr in the playoffs, the DL played like they were on fire dying and the QB was a bucket of water, that didnt show up til SF and it seems like it reminded them the level they need to be at gameday.

also, dont forget cruz had THREE drive ending drops. and the wilson fumble in their territory...all that said, plus dallas playing about as well as they can, and we still were a 3rd down conersion away on D from giving eli the ball to tie...not sweating it at all honestly. we'll win by a few scores

drewz
10-23-2012, 09:42 PM
for starters Sean Lee is out for the season which is a big loss for the Cowboys.

Despite the Giants issues, they were still a 3rd down stop away from getting the ball back and giving Eli a shot to tie the game for them....Giants had the momentum until Tryon came in the game and Romo threw for big gains against him.

I like our chances.

You're right, they'll also be without their starting center.. there is absolutely no reason why the Giants dline shouldn't be able to get any pressure on Romo, they've been playing much better as of late.

TheAnalyst
10-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Cruz dropped the ball, in big situations. This time, he won't. Dallas loses Murray, Lee and Costas. We got back Nicks, Prince and Canty.Jerry Jones opened his mouth. The Giants heard.

miked1958
10-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I hope we beat them like a drum.....21-0 at end of first period

Cool Papa B.
10-23-2012, 10:09 PM
A much improved OLine and DLine. And a much improved running game.

Mohann
10-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Regular refs won't lets our receiver get mugged.

brad
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Dallas losing a few players and the Giants getting quite a few back will help... but in my opinion the Giants didn't lose that game because of a talent gap. In the first game it was about execution and game plan. The coaching staff will have a better plan for this game, and the players will not come out flat against the same team twice.

I don't expect this to be an easy game, no NFCE games are, but I do think we see a much more intense and physical Giants team this time.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Regular refs won't lets our receiver get mugged.

to me that won't make difference because their receivers will get the same refs

miked1958
10-23-2012, 10:22 PM
to me that won't make difference because their receivers will get the same refstrue that was a huge prob in first game. Didn't even think of that. Thanks for reminding us

Mohann
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM

Our receivers are much better than theirs

brad
10-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Our receivers are much better than theirs

True enough, but our receivers don't play against their receivers...

drewz
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM

It benefited the Cowboys more because their corners play much more aggressively, especially with bump and run coverage, as opposed to our corners where Perry Fewell had our corners playing 10-15 yards off..

SackingMyths
10-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Lee being out is a very big plus for our run game. With Murray likely OUT another week, there's an obvious "minus" for theirs.

I too, like our chances

Mohann
10-23-2012, 10:30 PM
True enough, but our receivers don't play against their receivers...

We didn't play our db the way they did. They prepared to get away with more and we didn't. Without being hindered by borderline legal defense our WRs should play better, theirs won't.

brad
10-23-2012, 10:32 PM
We didn't play our db the way they did. They prepared to get away with more and we didn't. Without being hindered by borderline legal defense our WRs should play better, theirs won't.

Fair point :)

I blame that in part on the play calls, if they were bumping our receivers on the line we should have gone to more slants to negate their aggressive corners.

fansince69
10-23-2012, 10:38 PM
It benefited the Cowboys more because their corners play much more aggressively, especially with bump and run coverage, as opposed to our corners where Perry Fewell had our corners playing 10-15 yards off..
Yeah and I am sure that the lack of holding calls affect our dline more than theirs

jax5338
10-23-2012, 10:45 PM
looks like sean lee will miss the game, and possibly more time this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/44733/sean-lee-is-not-replaceable

i know some of you want the cowboys at their best blah blah, but we didnt have canty game 1 along with what most would consider an NFL corner (cough tryon cough) and cowboys fans didn't seem to care. canty should be a HUGE difference maker this game taking away those quick slants with pressure up the middle.

Buddy333
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Brown has been just ok. Romo is a good QB and not having KP could be a problem this game.

JJC7301
10-23-2012, 11:18 PM
The Cowboys played an excellent game and completely beat the Giants in every single facet of the game.

I absolutely 100% believe that the Giants are a better team, hands down, than the Cowboys, but the Cowboys are dangerous enough to beat anyone on any given Sunday.

If the 'boys play their game and the Giants just play their own game, the Giants should come out on top.

But these games are usually wild shoot outs. Let's get the win, get to 6 - 2, as well as 2-2 in the division, and really put separation between themselves and the rest of the NFC East.

slipknottin
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
No more David Diehl

Nicks is probably healthier than he was.

Parademon
10-24-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm going to the game! Is it too much to hope I'll witness a beatdown for Dallas of Giant proportions?

ashleymarie
10-24-2012, 02:10 AM
In the East a win would put us at 6-2 and the boys at 3-4. A little breathing room for us.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 02:29 AM
sean lee out for yr-reported by nfl network

i think i posted earlier but ill restate what i think:

nicks is closer to 100% than i think he was week 1
our OL and DL are playing much better
run game has gotten going
solidified better startng position with wilson on kick returns
healthy secondary

our team is just playing at that physical level they played at last yr on their run. i see that continuing for several weeks, where we'll prob hit a 1-2 game lull, then reawake for the playoffs. dallas can compete with the giants team that showed up week 1, they cant compete with the giants of the past 3-4 weeks imho

Overdrive92
10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
I think the biggest thing is that we have gelled since then. We have come more together as a unit.

Plus, we won't be caught by surprise by some dude named Ogletree either. Take note he hasn't done JACK since his big game against us.

Captain Chaos
10-24-2012, 05:43 AM
No more David Diehl

Nicks is probably healthier than he was.

I'm not sure that Diehl won't slip in and play this week on the right side he is certainly healthier...

r1000
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm not an all caps type of typed.... But here goes!!!!

I dONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS.... WE WIN THAT GAME IF THE PASS INTERFERENCE WAS CALLED FOR CRUZ ON THAT ONE PLAY...

SackingMyths
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Plus, we won't be caught by surprise by some dude named Ogletree either. Take note he hasn't done JACK since his big game against us.

Important to note that Prince was inactive for that game and Hosley wasn't used extensively yet.

Once Coe went down, the trickle down effect of Tryon having to play the nickel was...well, we all saw how that worked out

Overdrive92
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
^Tryon also gave up that 3rd down conversion that allowed the Cowboys to seal the game.

Had Prince or Hosley been there, who knows what happens. Maybe Eli leads another 4th quarter game tying drive...oh what could have been... :(

JayMillah
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I think the biggest thing is that we have gelled since then. We have come more together as a unit.

Yeah Otree has been pretty bad..