PDA

View Full Version : Has the Giants/Redskins rivalry renewed?

GiantsFan27
10-24-2012, 12:01 AM
i know they're already a division rival and of course we've had some very memorable game with them in the past. but does RG3 give this rivalry some new life at least? how long have the redskins been an afterthought in the NFC East? i wouldnt mind a change with the redskins and giants being at the top of the NFC East for a while, as long as it's us who prevails. let dallas and philthy dwell at the bottom half of the division for a while.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 12:07 AM
well washington has def improved. still think theyre 2-3 yrs away from being legit competition with us for the postseason/lombardi...
but i want to point out that while everyone is going gaga over rgpee, he did have 2 turnovers vs us. he had 3 iirc heading into our game.

i'd love it if we were this hurdle rg3 couldnt jump. like if we were his 2 bad games a year for the next decade...ya never know bc eli struggled vs wash historically yet has been amazing vs dallas, its weird like that...i can hope

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
and fwiw i actually do believe dallas and philly are gonna be beneath the caliber of us and washington

fourth&forever
10-24-2012, 12:09 AM
I have to think that Bob3 looks alot like Randle Cunningham. That scares the **** out of me.

B&RWarrior
10-24-2012, 12:11 AM
I don' t know if it will ever be the same. It was the Hogs versus LT and Big Blue's D. I live in DC so I hope it sparks up. This town is never more beautiful than when my Giants dogwalk the Skinnies.

Overdrive92
10-24-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not sure if it has been yet, but it will be real soon.

Make no mistake about it, Bob3 (sorry, had to steal that from fourth&forever) is the real deal and will be a pain for many years to come. With Eli on our side, I think Giants vs. Redskins is going to be the prominent NFC East rivalry for the next 5-6 years.

Teams like Philly? They could be headed for a re-building mode, as they are likely to dump Andy Reid after this season and maybe even Michael Vick.

Much like:

Ravens vs. Steelers in the AFC North
Jets vs. Patriots in the AFC East
Broncos vs. Chargers in the AFC West
Bears vs. Packers in the NFC North
Falcons vs. Saints in the NFC South

I think Giants vs. Redskins is about to become the headliner rivalry of the NFC East.

JJC7301
10-24-2012, 12:41 AM
It'll be renewed once one of the teams costs the other a big game, like one that would get you into the playoffs.

The 'skins have been so irrelevant for so long that I can't even remember what it feels like to even consider them a rival. But, that is changing.

JJC7301
10-24-2012, 12:44 AM
I have to think that Bob3 looks alot like Randle Cunningham. That scares the **** out of me.
Good analogy, but Cunningham never did much in terms of playoff games. As good as RGII has looked, Cunningham, McNabb, Vick, and Newton to name just a few were these really mobile QBs who were considered the next great thing who never won a SB. Newton's just in his 2nd year, but it in the typical sophmore slump.

While really impressive, lets give RGIII some more time before anointing him.

BurnerNYG
10-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Good analogy, but Cunningham never did much in terms of playoff games. As good as RGII has looked, Cunningham, McNabb, Vick, and Newton to name just a few were these really mobile QBs who were considered the next great thing who never won a SB. Newton's just in his 2nd year, but it in the typical sophmore slump.

While really impressive, lets give RGIII some more time before anointing him.Football's a 53 man team sport. This ain't basketball where one man can dominate and make the rest of the team better. Belichick hasn't won a SB since Charlie Weis, Romeo Crenell and all those studs they had on D left.

You also forgot to mention Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers... they scramble, they won a Superbowl. McNabb been to a Superbowl and a handful of Championship games... that gotta count for something! The other night you threw Freeman in the equation... I guess it dawned on you that he doesn't scramble lol.

I'm gonna stop defending RG3 on these boards because he plays for friggin Skins of all teams. I just don't like the rap that he's getting around here. Are you guys football fans or what? Do you not like watching electrifying players? When I saw him get away on that 4th down and complete that pass, not only was I impressed but the fans in the stadium, although they were stunned... at the same time they were highly entertained by that kid. We're lucky our D made a play because I think they were gonna march right back down the field.

That was a great game to watch for my 1st time at MetLife. I'm gonna see if I can stumble on some season passes next yr. I saw somebody selling some for like a grand on stubhub earlier this year.