PDA

View Full Version : STEVIE BROWN

ibbill
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
This kid has been playing under the radar 5th in tackles on the team 3 ints one Fumble recover.Only started 3 of the 7 games.

3 bad teams released him
Oakland Panthers and Ind go figure and Reese picks him up.

G4L
10-23-2012, 11:44 PM
But how many big plays have we given up without KP back there as our last line of defense? He may be better than we anticipated in KP's abscense, but once KP is healthy again Brown will return to his proper place on the depth chart.

drewz
10-23-2012, 11:47 PM
I can see Stevie Brown rotating in the 3rd safety when KP and Will Hill come back

fourth&forever
10-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Brown looks good. I thought Hill looked even better. I love this years Reese's pieces.

FlyingTruck
10-24-2012, 12:15 AM
He's been playing pretty good, but like G4L said..we should see a lot of the big plays by offenses disappear once we get KP back.

VBGiantsFan
10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
I think KP is seriously overrated on this message board. Brown has done an exceptional job replacing KP. Phillips is good for a big hit or two but Browns coverage skills in my eyes are just as good.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 12:23 AM
good job on making this thread, i was gonna make a shout out thread as well. brown has been playing very well, the ball just seems to find him. his first game or two he had some issues in pass coverage (despite making an int or 2). but vs wash i thought he played very sound football. he seems to be getting better and better....its a good problem to have when u got 3 safeties who can all make plays...i gotta be honest i think besides a game or 2 from rolle, brown has played better. but that could be bc alotta things like pf easing up on the responsibilties he asks of brown etc

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 12:24 AM
didnt brown also play for the redskins? coulda swore he did...i thought that mighta been a reason he was playing like a bat outta hell

FlyingTruck
10-24-2012, 12:25 AM
I think KP is seriously overrated on this message board. Brown has done an exceptional job replacing KP. Phillips is good for a big hit or two but Browns coverage skills in my eyes are just as good.This is a joke right?

VBGiantsFan
10-24-2012, 12:33 AM
This is a joke right?

Not at all. KP is very good, but hes just not a game changing player. I remember when we drafted him people called him a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. He has not lived up to that though people on this board will have you believe hes a perrenial hall of famer.

He is the equvalent of Shaun Williams. He is very good but he is not a game changer.

giantsfan420
10-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Not at all. KP is very good, but hes just not a game changing player. I remember when we drafted him people called him a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. He has not lived up to that though people on this board will have you believe hes a perrenial hall of famer.

He is the equvalent of Shaun Williams. He is very good but he is not a game changer.
he didnt allow a td pass on him all last yr, and PFF had him graded as the best safety for most of the season (which accounts for everything outside of and including ints) and i know he finished top 3...he is asked to mask some of our problems by playing a deep CF role and cover sideline to sideline and he does it awesome. he quietly has like 4 ints a season, he just hasnt had those big td returns that troy p and ed reed have made

Captain Chaos
10-24-2012, 04:47 AM
I can see Stevie Brown rotating in the 3rd safety when KP and Will Hill come back

Will be interesting to see what they do with Hill vs Sash, Hill has better coverage skills! someone must go....

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Kp gets a lot of credit for taking away a lot of deep balls and covering a lot of territory in centerfield - and yet last years teams gave up a high percentage of passing plays over 20 yards. I do like the rating system at PFF and they usually have kenny pretty high on their list of safeties. That all said KP has never had more then 4 picks in an entire year. Brown already has 3 - albeit in a small sample size. He has also let some balls over his head - no doubt. Coughlin rarely lets a player supplant an injured vet - but occasionally someone slips in or busts the door down like Victor. That said I think KP gets his job back but if brown gets another pick against dallas you gotta start to consider a switch. As for now - dont think its happening. By the way the gmen are not playing much 3 safety shell at all this year so i would not expect that - unless fewell just wants brown on the field more. Hill has been the slot when healthy but i think its still hosley's job - although hill is the superior blitzer.

titwio
10-24-2012, 06:38 AM
So who's the one to go when Will Hill comes back?

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 07:56 AM
There is no way he is better than KP. Honestly I like what I saw from Hill better than Brown.

Crovaz
10-24-2012, 07:59 AM

I agree, he's basically a glorified center fielder that rarely makes an impact on the field. Stevie Brown has already made more impact plays this season then KP made all of last season. I don't even know if I'd put him the Shaun Williams category, probably more in the Omar Stoutmire category.

He's good but not great and I wouldn't overpay for him when his contract comes up.

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 08:06 AM
KP didn't give up a TD last year and he doesn't make an impact? How has Brown made more of an impact? By getting beat for two TD's against the Browns? He got caught looking this past game and was beat. If the WR makes a better attempt he catches the ball and maybe even scores a TD. I'm not saying he isn't doing a good job filling in for KP but he is not better.

jomo
10-24-2012, 08:10 AM
I like the way Brown has stepped in for us. couldn't have expected any better from a back-up player.

slipknottin
10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Disciplined center fielders rarely are going to get interceptions. When KP is back there every throw goes to the sidelines or short. That's what he provides. Brown has not played much centerfield, much more cover 2. Which allows him to be closer to the line of scrimmage and be around the ball more.

Really it's Rolle who is overrated. He is awful in coverage no matter where he lines up. If that was KP playing deep on the Santana Moss TD instead of Rolle it probably doesn't happen.

EliDaMANning
10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Look at the teams we beat in the playoffs last year. 3 of the 4 were passing teams who did nothing to our secondary.

KP doesn't make impact plays? He basically cemented a Giants playoff victory vs. the Packers by causing that fumble that Chase returned back.

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Disciplined center fielders rarely are going to get interceptions. When KP is back there every throw goes to the sidelines or short. That's what he provides. Brown has not played much centerfield, much more cover 2. Which allows him to be closer to the line of scrimmage and be around the ball more. Really it's Rolle who is overrated. He is awful in coverage no matter where he lines up. If that was KP playing deep on the Santana Moss TD instead of Rolle it probably doesn't happen.I think having KP and Williams play that game would have been a huge plus for the Giants. Hopefully they will have them back the next time they play.

Grodri1972
10-24-2012, 10:32 AM
KP is an excellent player Brown is playing his *** off !!

GMan-67
10-24-2012, 10:55 AM

this is a good point ... a healthy K-Phil is clearly the starter, but Brown's ball hawking ability is nice to have out there ... we have done a lot of big Dime in the past 3 CB, 3 Safeties, so he can retain a role in the D once Kenny gets back

shane4177
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Does anybody kmow when KP's contract is up? If he starts asking for too much to resign, we know we have a few guys that can take over when needed between Sash/Brown/Hill......only dilemma is who do you take off the roster when KP and Hill are back? I would hate to lose any of these guys the way they play for us.

GIANTSACK
10-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I think KP is seriously overrated on this message board. Brown has done an exceptional job replacing KP. Phillips is good for a big hit or two but Browns coverage skills in my eyes are just as good.

Wow. Kp is underrated in this league bc he's never mention and doesn't have high int number. But the guys shuts down a lot of big play

Toadofsteel
10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
KP is a great player but honestly I think he's a cap casualty after the season is over and his contract is up. He'll land somewhere and make a big splash though...

SackingMyths
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
"For all the talk a few seasons ago that Kenny Phillips may have lost a step, Merritt certainly doesn't think so. In fact, the coach described Phillips as perhaps the ideal safety, capable of playing in the box or stepping out to cover centerfield.

And, according to Merritt, opponents don't dare test Phillips deep. The coach told a story to back that up, too. And I'll let Coach Merritt take things from here:

"(Cowboys tight end Jason) Witten told me when I went to the Pro Bowl two years ago when Antrel invited me, Witten said, when 21's in the post, we don't even throw anything deep because we know he can go and get it. He said, 'But if I see anybody else back there, (Tony) Romo knows, we're going deep.'

"That's comforting for me to hear."

Doesn't sound very "overrated" to me...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/05/ota-notebook-o-line-has-gilbride-worried

ImElectric2
10-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow. Kenny and Rolle are overrated now? I forgot that any player who doesn't have Madden stats every single week suddenly isn't worth anything and can be replaced by seemingly anyone...next man up has just next leveled.

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 02:13 PM
KP is an average Saftey, no more, no less........Brown has much more upside as a game changer

DVision
10-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Disciplined center fielders rarely are going to get interceptions. When KP is back there every throw goes to the sidelines or short. That's what he provides. Brown has not played much centerfield, much more cover 2. Which allows him to be closer to the line of scrimmage and be around the ball more.

Really it's Rolle who is overrated. He is awful in coverage no matter where he lines up. If that was KP playing deep on the Santana Moss TD instead of Rolle it probably doesn't happen.

Agreed! Rolle has been the one giving up the big plays when he plays centerfield. He's back there flat footed, has late recognition, takes terrible angles and doesn't have the sideline to sideline ability of a KP. Minus the big play to Gordon, Stevie has been very disciplined in his play.

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I was the 1st to call for Coughlin, Tuck, Blackburn, Cruz and yes- Jessie Palmer (who never got a real shot) ..........now I'm homing in on this Brown kid........he is a potental MONSTER (just in time for Halloween)

fansince69
10-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I was the 1st to call for Coughlin, Tuck, Blackburn, Cruz and yes- Jessie Palmer (who never got a real shot) ..........now I'm homing in on this Brown kid........he is a potental MONSTER (just in time for Halloween)

well lets hope he turns out as good as palmer and blackburn

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Bp you are gonna beat that drum - i can hear it coming. On chase - the guy is unathletic compared to other mlb's and struggles shedding blocks and just doesnt make all the plays he should - THAT SAID - he is ALWAYS around the ball. He knows his assignments. He is a real football player. Tought to get him out of the lineup even when the film shows he is missing plays or being blown off the ball - simply because he also seems to be causing a fumble or getting a pic or making one game changing play every other week. I still believe Herzlich will be there EVENTUALLY - but still not yet. If Brown keeps making plays its really tough to take him off the field as well.

As for will hill - i think he is the future at safety but has shown a knack for playing the nickel as well. Eventually hosley will move outside and I think hill could man the nickel as he is an awesome blitzer off the edge. I also think if rolle wont take a pay cut hill could slide in one day.

moosedrool
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
KP is a great tackler. Zero missed tackles this year before getting hurt.

Giants5699
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
KP is very good. Brown is a very good 3rd safety. Both are much better than our starters back in 2008.

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 04:06 PM
How dare you discuss CC Brown this way - how very dare you.

njg85m
10-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I wonder how many people who are praising Stevie Brown would even think to mention his name if not for his gifted turnovers?

Not dissing the kid at all, he's doing well and has exceeded my expectations. But how much of this praise is based strictly on his coverage skills as opposed to balls that were thrown directly to him?

fansince69
10-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I wonder how many people who are praising Stevie Brown would even think to mention his name if not for his gifted turnovers?

Not dissing the kid at all, he's doing well and has exceeded my expectations. But how much of this praise is based strictly on his coverage skills as opposed to balls that were thrown directly to him?

right ......is he good at coverage or is just in the right place at the right time?

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I like guys who are in the right place at the right time..........thats not a coincidence......its called seeing the whole field

DVision
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
right ......is he good at coverage or is just in the right place at the right time?

Not comparing the 2 players, but can't the same be said about safeties like Ed Reed, who the ball just happens to come to on a regular basis? Part luck and part just being in the right place and taking advantage of it!

slipknottin
10-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Not comparing the 2 players, but can't the same be said about safeties like Ed Reed, who the ball just happens to come to on a regular basis? Part luck and part just being in the right place and taking advantage of it!

Ed Reed is different, same as Polamalu, gifted instincts, but they are both gamblers, they will break out routes and leave their zone vacated because they saw something earlier on tape, or they just feel that is where the ball is going.

A lot of the time interceptions are just luck, tipped balls, over throws, etc. Thats why so few players, safetys especially, repeat their interception numbers year to year.

TheEnigma
10-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Impact plays don't take into account the rest of the player's body of work. I'd rather have a guy back there who keeps the passing game in front of him like KP and is solid in run support versus Stevie Brown who comes up with these turnovers but is also responsible for the opposition's deep passing game opening up in his coverage.

Ed Reed is no doubt one of the best safeties of the modern era but anyone who has seen some of the dude's turnovers realizes he makes a lot of his cred on capitalizing on errant rookie QB throws. A lot of his big games came against the Brandon Weedens of the league versus the Peyton Mannings.

bbdynasty
10-24-2012, 05:33 PM
kp's value to the team is much higher than brown's imo. int's are an overrated statistic . just bc he has 3 ints does not put him in the class of other safeties who lock in their assignments every game. kp all the way

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan - NJG - i think you have valid points for sure - but lets discuss this more in depth. Gifted turnovers? Yes and no. Almost every ball he has picked has been in cover 1 or cover 2 where he has played centerfield - he hasn't really jumped routes as much as played overthrows. In that sense they have been gifted. However being able to play these balls is a talent in it of itself. And one we really haven't seen much of from KP. Again he has only had 4 in a full year. Tht said KP at times is playing so far off the ball he keeps the back end tight but he rarely makes the plays on overthrows. Part of that is being a ball hawk and part of it is brown playing a little closer - post his natural drop back which every saftey must do. So he is chancing it a bit - and he has been burned. Fans sometimes see the picks and rave and don't realize he has also give up some deep balls which can be just as costly.

It's a mixed bag. KP is the safer bet - and i think coughlin likes that - protect the back end - but it is always hard to ignore a guy who is around the ball often - see chase blackburn (again not lauding his effort just saying he his always around turnovers).

Ps - In no way is an INT overrated - turnovers are often the difference between winning and losing - I understand the argument that sometimes a ball is thrown right at you - but still you have to be in the right position and that is a skill - one we really havent seen much of from KP. And in a small sample size have seen a lot of from brown.

TheEnigma
10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Ps - In no way is an INT overrated - turnovers are often the difference between winning and losing - I understand the argument that sometimes a ball is thrown right at you - but still you have to be in the right position and that is a skill - one we really havent seen much of from KP. And in a small sample size have seen a lot of from brown.

INTs are just one of those things you need to go back and watch the game tape to see if it was really more of the defender playing well or the opposing offense making boneheaded mistakes. How often do you see QBs throw a ball right into the hands of the defenders to only learn that the WR ran the wrong route? How much praise does the defender get for that INT? You also have INTs where the defender reads the QBs eyes and anticipates where the ball is going. Underthrown passes, overthrown passes, etc.

Kyle Arrington of the Patriots last year led the league with 7 INTs but he was also a huge liability in coverage being responsible for so many yards and TDs thrown into his coverage. The question you have to ask yourself is this: Do the X amount of Interceptions really justify all the receptions/yards/TDs the players allow?

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Enigma it appears as if you only read my ps - i said pretty much everything you just reiterated in my post.

TheEnigma
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Enigma it appears as if you only read my ps - i said pretty much everything you just reiterated in my post.

Nah, I read it. I just wanted to give my opinion on INTs and kind of break down how misleading the stat can really be at times. The final rhetorical question I posted seems to be where people are divided: Some people would be okay with a poor coverage grade if the guy at least makes a clutch play here and there versus others who prefer the offense to never test said defender but in return, it hurts his chances of being around the ball to make those big plays some covet.

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I'll ask Stevie to stop seeing the whole field and making these one per game INTs so you can all go back to loving those 1-3 KP picks per year

would not want to upset you all..................as one of you said turnovers are wayyyyyyyyyyy over-rated LOL

bbdynasty
10-24-2012, 06:14 PM
when i said ints are overrated, i mean that just because someone has 6 ints in a season doesn't mean they were a top db that season. they could have contributed to losses just as easily. the more important stats are targets vs caught against, and tds against. i acknowledge of course that turnovers can swing a game one way or another, but just because someone has a pick doesnt erase multiple big plays given up. so I say again, kp all the way

bbdynasty
10-24-2012, 06:15 PM
The question you have to ask yourself is this: Do the X amount of Interceptions really justify all the receptions/yards/TDs the players allow?

this. exactly what im trying to say

BeatYale
10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

I agree about Rolle. Odd that he's one of the more vocal leaders on defense when he lacks discipline in coverage. He's due 7 million in base salary in each of the next two seasons. Yikes! I'd rather we retain KP.

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
well when bparcells beats the drum of a player he only looks at the positive and like a shark attack a INT looks bigger then it is often - not always the bst indicator of how a guy is playing. That said in no way can you overlook a turnover no matter how it comes. But you certainly have to be aware of plays that are happening over his head too. At this point in my opinion there is no doubt the positive have outweighed the negatives but its also a very small sample size.

And while it doesn't say everything about brown I dont think he had a pick in his career before this year - he could have just developed at 25 or he could be extremely lucky.

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Lucky???? Ok I suggest you take up the rest of this conversation with DeAngelo Hall, and the 2011 49rs

I'm done with you

If Brown is lucky, what is Ed Reed- a lottery winner?

fansince69
10-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Lucky???? Ok I suggest you take up the rest of this conversation with DeAngelo Hall, and the 2011 49rs

I'm done with you

If Brown is lucky, what is Ed Reed- a lottery winner?

are you seriously comparing Steve Brown to Ed Reed?and then wonder why no one takes you seriously?

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 10:19 PM
are you seriously comparing Steve Brown to Ed Reed?and then wonder why no one takes you seriously?

I am not comparing either......read the posts.....someone said Reed like Brown is always in the right place at the right time as if thats not a skill

Its called seeing the whole field and reading the D and the QBs eyes

fansince69
10-24-2012, 10:22 PM
I am not comparing either......read the posts.....someone said Reed like Brown is always in the right place at the right time as if thats not a skill

Its called seeing the whole field and reading the D and the QBs eyes

i read the posts

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 10:23 PM
You know one of those picks was in garbage time of a blow right. You know he also was accountable for a TD the Browns scored. He said so. He also got caught looking this last game and was lucky the WR didn't lay out for the ball or it would have been a huge gain down in the red zone. Some like to read stats but ignore how highly rated KP was last year and how he didn't allow a TD.

BParcells777
10-24-2012, 11:39 PM
great when he has two fully functional legs lets welcome him back and hope he can start making some impact plays like Brown

I got this same sort of naysaying when I first championed Cruz..........where are all the Cruz bashers now.......embarassed I would imagine

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 12:13 AM
"For all the talk a few seasons ago that Kenny Phillips may have lost a step, Merritt certainly doesn't think so. In fact, the coach described Phillips as perhaps the ideal safety, capable of playing in the box or stepping out to cover centerfield.

And, according to Merritt, opponents don't dare test Phillips deep. The coach told a story to back that up, too. And I'll let Coach Merritt take things from here:

"(Cowboys tight end Jason) Witten told me when I went to the Pro Bowl two years ago when Antrel invited me, Witten said, when 21's in the post, we don't even throw anything deep because we know he can go and get it. He said, 'But if I see anybody else back there, (Tony) Romo knows, we're going deep.'

"That's comforting for me to hear."

Doesn't sound very "overrated" to me...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/05/ota-notebook-o-line-has-gilbride-worried
cool. that'll be something to look for sunday if kp cant go...coaches better be prepared for that

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 12:15 AM
great when he has two fully functional legs lets welcome him back and hope he can start making some impact plays like Brown

I got this same sort of naysaying when I first championed Cruz..........where are all the Cruz bashers now.......embarassed I would imagine

what?!? i distinctly remember you calling for cruz's head after we lost week 1 last yr vs washington and how we needed to get plex back or should have gotten plex back or something lol

edit-i think it mighta even been braylon edwards. and to be fair, like 99% of the people round here were calling for cruz's head at that point

rainierjef
10-25-2012, 01:15 AM
LMFAO

shotcalla39
10-25-2012, 04:03 AM
I agree, he's basically a glorified center fielder that rarely makes an impact on the field. Stevie Brown has already made more impact plays this season then KP made all of last season. I don't even know if I'd put him the Shaun Williams category, probably more in the Omar Stoutmire category.

He's good but not great and I wouldn't overpay for him when his contract comes up.

I love it... Bringing up players from 7-10 years ago a lot of these guys won't remember... Shaun Williams was better againat the run than KP but not as good in coverage.. I don't think Omar was as good as KP ALL AROUND BUT I agree KP ain't light years ahead .. b but we gotta remember Shaun Williams and KP BOTH had devastating injuries early in their careers ... Who knows how much etter both players may have been... I agree we won't overpay for KP But I don't see any1 throwing a Gibril Wilson deal at him either

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 05:46 AM
what?!? i distinctly remember you calling for cruz's head after we lost week 1 last yr vs washington and how we needed to get plex back or should have gotten plex back or something lol

edit-i think it mighta even been braylon edwards. and to be fair, like 99% of the people round here were calling for cruz's head at that point

You need some of those Focus Factor supplements or something........I was telling people 2 yrs ago Cruz was better than Manningham, and could push Nicks
It's all come true......I've been a huge Cruz fan since the 3 TD Preseason game againts the Jets 3 yrs ago..........and he is not just a slot receiver.........frankly who cares about where he lines up

giantsfan420
10-25-2012, 06:01 AM
You need some of those Focus Factor supplements or something........I was telling people 2 yrs ago Cruz was better than Manningham, and could push Nicks
It's all come true......I've been a huge Cruz fan since the 3 TD Preseason game againts the Jets 3 yrs ago..........and he is not just a slot receiver.........frankly who cares about where he lines up
no way, u mean to tell me that after cruz had the 3 td preseason game, u made the bold claim that he'd be good?!?! nah i know, we all were excited after that preseason game. i coulda swore u were saying we needed to re-sign plex or braylon edwards and it would be a huge mistake that we didnt. but who cares u wouldnt own up to it anyways not many people would.
but i can say this, u have been one of the earliest supporters of stevie brown and he's really come thru for us

M00KIE
10-25-2012, 06:16 AM
They're two different types of players. Even Rolle for that matter. I'll just say I'm happy to have all 3. We've had much, MUCH worse.

Buddy333
10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Ok I got it now. So not allowing a TD and being one of the top rated Safeties does not make you an impact player but giving up TD's is. Also, if you make an interception in garbage time of a blow out and get one of a deflection you are the next greatest Safety in the league. This is classic.

FourthAndOne
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, clearly the most important job of defensive backs is to get interceptions. That's why Darelle Revis (1 int) was not as good as a CB as Kyle Arrington (7 int) last year.

Also, Matt Giordano (S) of the Raiders had 5 INT last year, good for fourth. Clearly one of the best safeties in the leagues, but for some reason he was signed to only a one year $800,000 deal. And for some other really strange reason he's not starting. He's behind Huff who had two ints in 2011. Given how lowly the Raiders seem to feel towards Giordano, I say that we should trade Antrel Rolle and maybe throw in a draft pick, since Giordano had more than twice as many picks as Rolle did last year!

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 12:51 PM
no way, u mean to tell me that after cruz had the 3 td preseason game, u made the bold claim that he'd be good?!?! nah i know, we all were excited after that preseason game. i coulda swore u were saying we needed to re-sign plex or braylon edwards and it would be a huge mistake that we didnt. but who cares u wouldnt own up to it anyways not many people would.
but i can say this, u have been one of the earliest supporters of stevie brown and he's really come thru for us

You got me confused with someone else I'm afraid.......I've been solidly in Victor's camp since he raped the Jetsies........who might move to Brooklyn

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, clearly the most important job of defensive backs is to get interceptions. That's why Darelle Revis (1 int) was not as good as a CB as Kyle Arrington (7 int) last year.

Also, Matt Giordano (S) of the Raiders had 5 INT last year, good for fourth. Clearly one of the best safeties in the leagues, but for some reason he was signed to only a one year $800,000 deal. And for some other really strange reason he's not starting. He's behind Huff who had two ints in 2011. Given how lowly the Raiders seem to feel towards Giordano, I say that we should trade Antrel Rolle and maybe throw in a draft pick, since Giordano had more than twice as many picks as Rolle did last year!

I never said that, but INTs are game changers.....I'm sure Revis is not proud of that Stat........I think hard tackles are up there, forced fumbles, and of course knowing your assignments........there is no question that Stevie is one of the fastest men on any NFL field

njg85m
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I never said that, but INTs are game changers.....I'm sure Revis is not proud of that Stat........I think hard tackles are up there, forced fumbles, and of course knowing your assignments........there is no question that Stevie is one of the fastest men on any NFL field

Revis is thrown at about once a month.

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Revis is thrown at about once a month.

unless his wife is pelting him with meatballs that is erroneous........hes out for a year, and may never be the same

rainierjef
10-25-2012, 01:27 PM

Would not be any different than all the bold claims you claim you have made, and players you have supported from DAY 1.

njg85m
10-25-2012, 01:49 PM
unless his wife is pelting him with meatballs that is erroneous........hes out for a year, and may never be the same

I'm aware that he's out for the year...
Obv we are talking about when he's in the game.

BParcells777
10-25-2012, 01:55 PM
based upon our experience with Corey Webster he might come back as a basket case.........DBs need good ACL's
Good player, but tough break. One thing I like about Stevie is he belts people and will more likely injure someone that get injured

ibbill
10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
This kid has been playing under the radar 5th in tackles on the team 3 ints one Fumble recover.Only started 3 of the 7 games.

3 bad teams released him
Oakland Panthers and Ind go figure and Reese picks him up.

He is not under the radar any more.

BParcells777
10-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Stevie Brown could well be considered our #2 MVP on the 2012 Giants..........hes actually playing better than Eli right now..........and no that was not Stevie who wiffed on Bryant in the back of the end zone it was #37 not #27

joemorrisforprez
10-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I think a strong argument can be made to going back to the 3 safety alignment Fewell used when Deon Grant was on the team.

Witten completely abused the LB corps today.....I think if KP was healthy, they might have stuck Rolle on Witten.

plaxattack17
10-28-2012, 08:04 PM
massive massive man love for Stevie. He's a freaking beast!!