PDA

View Full Version : My heart is heavy

Slunk3AM
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
...and I feel pain. Pain from deep within.

First, the game - terrible. Nothing to take away from the game. Everyone was off - and it seems like another one of those games that we weren't prepared for.

Our defense has been bad all year, but last game even our offense was off-kilter. Not one of the best days for our guys that's for sure.

Though I am enraged at the lack of spirit, especially on defense, I would like to reinforce my own (and maybe some of your) doubts in our team's personnel.

Well I am undecided about Coughlin... but I do believe something should be done to address some of our key coaching positions.

Gilbride isn't the worst OC out there, but there's just this lingering feeling that he is not capable of making the most out of the players we have. He seems to confuse himself and our offense with very predictable play calling at times. Not sure what to make of this, but if we can get our hands on someone better, maybe we should.

Fewell, judging only by all the confusion on defense this last game, does not seem to have personnel on the field that are ready mentally and/or physically. That said, his roster has been severely depleted by injuries... 5 DBs going down along with our vet LBs seems to have been too much for this unit to overcome.

If you think about it - our glaring weaknesses are our LB and secondary... so I'm sure the massive injuries are hurting us as a unit, but that we are actually much better on defense should all our injured guys come back.

Sigh, another long week.

JMFP2
12-18-2011, 10:21 PM
I've been a long time Coughlin supporter, but today's game was beyond even my most jaded predictions.</P>

I was worried about losing a close game....not about getting completely slapped around.</P>

You have to think Mara and Tisch are completely disgusted with this team. This was the worst loss of the season, and if the Jets beat the Giants, and knock them out of playoff contention, ownership will look at the Redskins game even harder.</P>

JJC7301
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
I've been a long time Coughlin supporter, but today's game was beyond even my most jaded predictions.</P>

I was worried about losing a close game....not about getting completely slapped around.</P>

You have to think Mara and Tisch are completely disgusted with this team.* This was the worst loss of the season, and if the Jets beat the Giants, and knock them out of playoff contention, ownership will look at the Redskins game even harder.</P>
I like Tom as well and I'd like him to get 1 more year, but this team needs a major overhaul after this year which means that Tom would need to go. I believe that Tom has heart, but his team does not. They are disgusting. Besides SB '07, this team has never been able to put it all together at the same time.

jomo
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
...and I feel pain. Pain from deep within. First, the game - terrible. Nothing to take away from the game. Everyone was off - and it seems like another one of those games that we weren't prepared for. Our defense has been bad all year, but last game even our offense was off-kilter. Not one of the best days for our guys that's for sure. Though I am enraged at the lack of spirit, especially on defense, I would like to reinforce my own (and maybe some of your) doubts in our team's personnel. Well I am undecided about Coughlin... but I do believe something should be done to address some of our key coaching positions. Gilbride isn't the worst OC out there, but there's just this lingering feeling that he is not capable of making the most out of the players we have. He seems to confuse himself and our offense with very predictable play calling at times. Not sure what to make of this, but if we can get our hands on someone better, maybe we should. Fewell, judging only by all the confusion on defense this last game, does not seem to have personnel on the field that are ready mentally and/or physically. That said, his roster has been severely depleted by injuries... 5 DBs going down along with our vet LBs seems to have been too much for this unit to overcome. If you think about it - our glaring weaknesses are our LB and secondary... so I'm sure the massive injuries are hurting us as a unit, but that we are actually much better on defense should all our injured guys come back. Sigh, another long week.Let me put this excuse to rest. Massive injuries to our secondary is a bunch of baloney. We lost Terrell Thomas who was great. The other5 or 6 or 10 cornerback who went down are all sub par players and probably wouldn't be starting now if they were healthy.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM

First, the game - terrible. Nothing to take away from the game. Everyone was off - and it seems like another one of those games that we weren't prepared for.

Our defense has been bad all year, but last game even our offense was off-kilter. Not one of the best days for our guys that's for sure.

Though I am enraged at the lack of spirit, especially on defense, I would like to reinforce my own (and maybe some of your) doubts in our team's personnel.

Well I am undecided about Coughlin... but I do believe something should be done to address some of our key coaching positions.

Gilbride isn't the worst OC out there, but there's just this lingering feeling that he is not capable of making the most out of the players we have. He seems to confuse himself and our offense with very predictable play calling at times. Not sure what to make of this, but if we can get our hands on someone better, maybe we should.

Fewell, judging only by all the confusion on defense this last game, does not seem to have personnel on the field that are ready mentally and/or physically. That said, his roster has been severely depleted by injuries... 5 DBs going down along with our vet LBs seems to have been too much for this unit to overcome.

If you think about it - our glaring weaknesses are our LB and secondary... so I'm sure the massive injuries are hurting us as a unit, but that we are actually much better on defense should all our injured guys come back.

Sigh, another long week.After 4 years of mediocrity under Coughlin if you are still undecided, then you must be related to Mara.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 10:33 PM

You have to think Mara and Tisch are completely disgusted with this team.* This was the worst loss of the season, and if the Jets beat the Giants, and knock them out of playoff contention, ownership will look at the Redskins game even harder.</P>I do not think the ownership is "completely disgusted" If they were, Coughlin and his staff would be handed their walking papers right after the game. No. just more of the same crap

Slunk3AM
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
...and I feel pain. Pain from deep within. First, the game - terrible. Nothing to take away from the game. Everyone was off - and it seems like another one of those games that we weren't prepared for. Our defense has been bad all year, but last game even our offense was off-kilter. Not one of the best days for our guys that's for sure. Though I am enraged at the lack of spirit, especially on defense, I would like to reinforce my own (and maybe some of your) doubts in our team's personnel. Well I am undecided about Coughlin... but I do believe something should be done to address some of our key coaching positions. Gilbride isn't the worst OC out there, but there's just this lingering feeling that he is not capable of making the most out of the players we have. He seems to confuse himself and our offense with very predictable play calling at times. Not sure what to make of this, but if we can get our hands on someone better, maybe we should. Fewell, judging only by all the confusion on defense this last game, does not seem to have personnel on the field that are ready mentally and/or physically. That said, his roster has been severely depleted by injuries... 5 DBs going down along with our vet LBs seems to have been too much for this unit to overcome. If you think about it - our glaring weaknesses are our LB and secondary... so I'm sure the massive injuries are hurting us as a unit, but that we are actually much better on defense should all our injured guys come back. Sigh, another long week.Let me put this excuse to rest. Massive injuries to our secondary is a bunch of baloney. We lost Terrell Thomas who was great. The other*5 or 6 or 10 cornerback who went down are all sub par players and probably wouldn't be starting now if they were healthy.

I dunno man. Losing TT was a huge blow to us. Ross was never gonna be a good solution at CB.

And the other DBs that went down may be sub par players but they arent rookies. I doubt we'd be seeing huge gaping holes and blown coverages THIS much.

You also skipped the part about our Linebackers. GOFF was a big loss. Huge loss even. I know some people here think hes nothing more than an OK MLB but the fact is our Linebacking unit needs as much help as it can get.

miked1958
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM

You have to think Mara and Tisch are completely disgusted with this team.* This was the worst loss of the season, and if the Jets beat the Giants, and knock them out of playoff contention, ownership will look at the Redskins game even harder.</P>
Me to but we need to thank Tom for the Super Bowl win and move on. With every team there comes a time for a coaching change. That time has come...

Slunk3AM
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM

Sigh, another long week.After 4 years of mediocrity under Coughlin if you are still undecided, then you must be related to Mara.

Look, Coughlin is a good coach. Has a great football mind and has won us a Super Bowl.

You can't place the blame solely on his shoulders. Its true that he must be held accountable because that's his job - but replacing him does not necessarily mean that you are addressing the problem.

I think it could be a good idea to keep Coughlin but to hire new DC, OC, and a plethora of other niche coaches beneathe him.

Of course - you could also be right.

jjj45
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Hey slunk, im so sorry to hear about that bad storm and flooding that hit the Philippines. Are you in the affected parts? I hope you're safe and well bro.

Sorry that you feel so down. Hope you feel better.

-jjj

Slunk3AM
12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey slunk, im so sorry to hear about that bad storm and flooding that hit the Philippines. Are you in the affected parts? I hope you're safe and well bro.

-jjj

Yo JJJ what's up man?

Yeah the storm was terrible. Good thing I live up north, we weren't affected as much. I appreciate the kind words brother!

jjj45
12-19-2011, 12:11 AM

-jjj

Yo JJJ what's up man?

Yeah the storm was terrible. Good thing I live up north, we weren't affected as much. I appreciate the kind words brother!im doing good finally go an account lol

glad to hear everything is alright out there. thats rough. see ya around later then.