PDA

View Full Version : Cruz or Nicks?

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't think there is any way they can keep both of them. Both are young and both will want to get paid. So who do they keep? If he could stay healthy I think they would lean towards Nicks but he has yet to show that he can stay healthy for an entire season and he is still very young. I just can't see them letting Cruz go to another team and hearing Cruuuuuuuz when he makes a play for another team. Then see the salsa on top of it.

Marvelousmik
10-24-2012, 07:57 AM
We can keep both.. I hope.. But if you can only keep 1 the safe choice is cruz. he is durable, versatile, and one of the most explosive players in the NFL

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 07:57 AM
I think they will keep them both. But if you're right,I think it will be Cruz who is more elusive, versatile (slot and outside) and more durable, so far.

Am I right in thinking they don't have to do anything with Nicks until after next season? If that's true, 2014 will see a raise in the CAP. It will also depend on who they release in the off season and how much money that puts back into the coffers.

I think Nicks is a great WR and I really do think Reese will go after both of them but we never know how things will shake out.

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Maybe they can keep both, but if Randle turns out to be as good as advertised they won't have to. Don't forget they have other guys to sign too. I don't know all the contract stuff but they drafted JPP and Joseph in the same draft. Are both going to need new contracts at the same time? Oh boy!

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Maybe they can keep both, but if Randle turns out to be as good as advertised they won't have to. Don't forget they have other guys to sign too. I don't know all the contract stuff but they drafted JPP and Joseph in the same draft. Are both going to need new contracts at the same time? Oh boy! If Randle steps up that could decide the issue

Laurah1275
10-24-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't think there is any way they can keep both of them. Both are young and both will want to get paid. So who do they keep? If he could stay healthy I think they would lean towards Nicks but he has yet to show that he can stay healthy for an entire season and he is still very young. I just can't see them letting Cruz go to another team and hearing Cruuuuuuuz when he makes a play for another team. Then see the salsa on top of it.
Thanx for that horrible, nightmarish, and very sad picture you put in my head.......hearing another team say Cruuuuuz and watching his salsa after he makes a play for them...ugh...Hopefully we keep both, but if not, Cruz is the way to go! :)

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Well if they did keep anyone I guess it has to be Cruz. He needs a deal now. So I don't think we will hear another fan base enjoying some salsa or yelling Cruuuuuuuz after a great play.

ashleymarie
10-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Life is so much better with BOTH in the game.

stormblue
10-24-2012, 08:15 AM
cruz outperforms "nicked" even when he is healthy.
cruz can play x, y or z.
cruz is always on the field.
"nicked" is not .

gumby74
10-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Cruz mainly because I think he'll command less money and he's healthier than Nicks. Nicks is always hurt.

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Life is so much better with BOTH in the game. +1

Toadofsteel
10-24-2012, 08:22 AM
I would say, if forced at gunpoint to keep only one, I would keep Cruz. I for one have noticed how our offense can continue without skipping a beat once Nicks went down. Cruz just draws double coverage in the middle, leaving the sidelines exposed for the likes of Hixon, Barden, and Randle. Still, I hope both Nicks and Cruz retire as Giants...

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Well if they did keep anyone I guess it has to be Cruz. He needs a deal now. So I don't think we will hear another fan base enjoying some salsa or yelling Cruuuuuuuz after a great play. I am still not sure they need to do both this season

Buddy333
10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
I am still not sure they need to do both this seasonI think they have to get a deal done with Cruz this year. When I say have to I mean its he right thing to do. It seems that is all the media is talking about today. It has to happen soon.

JB456
10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
If Randle steps up that could decide the issue

See, thats one disadvantage of having multiple good receivers fighting for a starting position (I know, I know its a great problem to have). Hixon is the number 3 starter and we don't really know what we have in Randle. Now, the Giants are going to have to make a decision before Randle gets enough playing time and we know exactly what we have. One solution is to split time between Hixon and Randle. They might really need to start doing this since I've been reading that Cruz and his people want to lock up a long term contract by midseason.