PDA

View Full Version : A Travis Buckum Appearance?

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
According to TC, Beckum is practicing today.

Any chance this guy makes an impact this year? If not, hes a sure goner...

Its the sticky thread here: http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?show=1

And has also been reported by http://www.facebook.com/giants101?fref=ts

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 12:12 PM
According to TC, Beckum is practicing today.

Any chance this guy makes an impact this year? If not, hes a sure goner...

You need to post a link with this.

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Its not much of a link, just a post

http://www.facebook.com/giants101

A lot of people will say Giants 101 isn't credible, but they have yet to be wrong about any type of this news.

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Its all over the internet. Google it.

GMan-67
well now we've had Beckhum, Buckum, Buckim, Backum, Buckingham, Becker, Beckus

i say he is three more misspellings away from being activated

but in seriousness, unless somebody we are not aware of (i.e. Da'Rel Scott) needs surgery and is headed to IR ... i doubt we activate him ... he will likely hit IR, but there is no reason for us not to have him practice now and i won't even say why, b/c no need to jinx things

RoanokeFan
Thanks

C1010
10-24-2012, 12:17 PM
To be honest, I'm fine with Bennett, Pascoe, and Robinson. At this point, I am not sure why we'd cut somebody else to make room for Beckum.

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 12:18 PM

but in seriousness, unless somebody we are not aware of (i.e. Da'Rel Scott) needs surgery and is headed to IR ... i doubt we activate him ... he will likely hit IR, but there is no reason for us not to have him practice now and i won't even say why, b/c no need to jinx things

hahahah, Im usually good with grammar and spelling, I meant Beckum*** I dont know how to edit thread titles??

Toadofsteel
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
To be honest, I'm fine with Bennett, Pascoe, and Robinson. At this point, I am not sure why we'd cut somebody else to make room for Beckum.

Maybe Robinson can make it to the PS so we can develop him? Or would Belicheck try to snatch him?

CowboysSuck
10-24-2012, 12:34 PM
geez, 10 views..harsh. This guy might be the most unloved of Giants. Poor guy.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 12:40 PM
geez, 10 views..harsh. This guy might be the most unloved of Giants. Poor guy.

whats to love......nothing personal agianst mind you. Just hasn't worked out....

Kruunch
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM

And they've all underachieved.

Including in other sports.

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 12:44 PM

I have to agree. He can't block and we have Randle who can certainly provide the receiving value Beckum brings.

BlueJayC
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
But remember that one time he caught the ball and stayed on his feet and scored (GB game)........and by ONE TIME I literally mean that ONE TIME......

BigJ
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Hopefully there is no apperance by him haha. We have done Just fine without him since he's been drafted haha. Its time for the Giants to move on from him.

Eli TO Shockey
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
I dont see what Reese sees in this kid. A TE who can't block very well, comin off an ACL doesn't seem like the prototypical Giants TE.

Eli TO Shockey
10-24-2012, 02:28 PM
But remember that one time he caught the ball and stayed on his feet and scored (GB game)........and by ONE TIME I literally mean that ONE TIME......

exactly. one play!! No one on our 53 should lose their job to beckum

miked1958
10-24-2012, 02:29 PM

but in seriousness, unless somebody we are not aware of (i.e. Da'Rel Scott) needs surgery and is headed to IR ... i doubt we activate him ... he will likely hit IR, but there is no reason for us not to have him practice now and i won't even say why, b/c no need to jinx thingsi agree. and other then Scott (who's spot on roster was taken by canty) i dont know of anyone that needs any surgery that would put them on season ending IR or even the temp IR. so IMO i dont see us messing with things as they are right now.