PDA

View Full Version : Giants' David Baas, Ahmad Bradshaw Not Practicing Today

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_davis_baas_ahmad_bradsh.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Center David Baas and running back Ahmad Bradshaw will be sidelined during today's practice.

Baas is a new addition to the injury report with an ankle injury coach Tom Coughlin said was sustained early in Sunday's win against the Redskins. Asked if it is less of a concern since Baas was able to finish the game, Coughlin said, "Well, he's not going to practice today."

Jim Cordle and Kevin Boothe could both take practice snaps at center today, Coughlin said.

Bradshaw will be held out again with a foot injury that flared up in the 49ers game when he said his foot was stepped on. Coughlin hopes Bradshaw will be able to practice Thursday, but this is the start of a once-a-week practice habit Coughlin said they did not want to re-start with Bradshaw.

"Well, I don't know," Coughlin said, when asked if the once-a-week practicing is becoming a pattern. "This is the second week. He clenches his teeth and goes and does it, but the fact of the matter is if we have to adjust, we have to adjust."

In better news for the Giants, WR Hakeem Nicks (foot/knee) plans to again practice every day this week. He did so for the first time this season before the Redskins game." Read more...

GiantFanatic55
10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Here are some updates:

TR2 ‏@TomRock_Newsday
Only 6 Giants on pre-practice injury report: Baas, Bernard, Bradshaw, Nicks, Phillips and Williams.

TR2 ‏@TomRock_Newsday
David Baas not practicing with an ankle injury. Diehl at guard and Boothe at center, per Coughlin.

TR2 ‏@TomRock_Newsday
Kenny Phillips and Rocky Bernard both stretching w team. Phillips running on the side.

TR2 ‏@TomRock_Newsday
Jacquian Williams and Ahmad Bradshaw on the bikes.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
Nicks and Beckum doing individual drills during portion of practice open to media. #nyg

Toadofsteel
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I knew bradshaw was going to break down sooner or later with those feet if he kept carrying the entire load. Might have been why he didnt' see that many carries vs washington...

don't get me wrong, he's all-pro material when he hulks out, but he needs to save his tremendous energy for the playoffs...

drewz
10-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Diehl at guard... lol oh god.. let's hope Baas can play

Gmenbroinlaw
10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Baas will play. Just resting it up for Sunday.

Cool Papa B.
10-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Deihl at guard?.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

repeatchamps
10-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Deihl at guard?.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0sK65PyVI

Cool Papa B.
10-24-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0sK65PyVI

LOL LOL LOL.....

dave56dj
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
the gianst ABSOLUTELY did not take carries away from AB due to his foot - any time he is in the game and having to block monster lb's he is using his feet and in a painful way. They didn't use AB simply cause Gilbride (whom i love for his top 10 offenses every year) really does enjoy taking two weeks vaca when washington is the opponent. I actually think we were so worried about RG3 scoring on every drive that anything that didn't work (the run game early) they steered away from fast cause they knew we needed points - that ended up being a mistake.

Diehl is probably the best option at guard if baaas can't go - petrus has really struggled - boothe has shown he can play C but cordle may not be ready. Hopefull baas is ready come sunday.