PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin: Giants "Didn't Deserve To Win" Season Opener

RoanokeFan
10-24-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/24/3549204/coughlin-giants-didnt-deserve-to-win-season-opener

Excerpt: "New York Giants' coach Tom Coughlin said Wednesday that the Giants "didn't play as well as we hoped to play" in a season-opening loss to the Dallas Cowboys and "didn't deserve to win."

Coughlin is probably right about that. The Giants get there chance to atone for that Sunday when they travel to Dallas, where Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones has promised fans that the Giants are in for a butt-kicking.

The Giants enter the game 5-2 and leading the NFC East. Dallas is 3-3.

[Full Coughlin press conference (http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Coach-Tom-Coughlin-press-conference-/fbc974e4-07f5-46dc-b5d8-3c37b655c177)]" Read more...

VBGiantsFan
10-24-2012, 03:29 PM
We definitely didn't deserve to win. We couldn't stop De Marco Murray in the second half. We couldn't sack or really pressure Romo all game. We sure as hell couldn't cover Ogletree.

AND...Cruz couldn't catch, Nicks wasn't healthy and couldn't get open (he still isn't), our line was bad, our running game was bad.

All of that being said, we were one 3rd and LONG away from giving Eli a chance to do what he does best. Our defense just couldn't get the job done on 3rd and 23.

I hope this week we learned to COVER A SLANT!

joemorrisforprez
10-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Coughlin is right......couldn't stop the slant the entire game.....made Ogletree look like Megatron.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 03:36 PM
thats his motivational talk for this week....
they just didnt deserve it last time......so now make up for it....

TextureDj
10-24-2012, 05:17 PM
thats his motivational talk for this week....
they just didnt deserve it last time......so now make up for it....I'm motivated....You?

PETEY006
10-24-2012, 06:24 PM
I agree. We had opportunities but we just didn't connect. Lets not make up excuses like other teams do that they beat themselves rather than lose.

We gotta take accountability.
Victor Cruz was awful that game.. after that, he's been great.

I think this is another must win game b/c of our schedule after bye.

GameTime
10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm motivated....You?

yep....hate Dallas.....
want them to kick their asses....

egyptian420
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
We certainly didn't.......now lets make Jerry give refunds to all the fans that are going to try and watch us get our a## kicked this sunday

NYG 5
10-24-2012, 07:03 PM
got manhandled all day, and couldn't stop them on a gift 3rd and long at the end of the day.

miked1958
10-24-2012, 07:22 PM
We definitely didn't deserve to win. We couldn't stop De Marco Murray in the second half. We couldn't sack or really pressure Romo all game. We sure as hell couldn't cover Ogletree.

AND...Cruz couldn't catch, Nicks wasn't healthy and couldn't get open (he still isn't), our line was bad, our running game was bad.

All of that being said, we were one 3rd and LONG away from giving Eli a chance to do what he does best. Our defense just couldn't get the job done on 3rd and 23.

I hope this week we learned to COVER A SLANT!

Yes it was very upsetting we couldnt hold them on 3rd and 23. I figured here it comes. we stop em and eli does what he does best and gets us to OT. but overall I agree, we didnt deserve to win that. JJ called it and said they would beat us and they did.

miked1958
10-24-2012, 07:24 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/24/3549204/coughlin-giants-didnt-deserve-to-win-season-opener

Excerpt: "New York Giants' coach Tom Coughlin said Wednesday that the Giants "didn't play as well as we hoped to play" in a season-opening loss to the Dallas Cowboys and "didn't deserve to win."

Coughlin is probably right about that. The Giants get there chance to atone for that Sunday when they travel to Dallas, where Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones has promised fans that the Giants are in for a butt-kicking.

The Giants enter the game 5-2 and leading the NFC East. Dallas is 3-3.

[Full Coughlin press conference (http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Coach-Tom-Coughlin-press-conference-/fbc974e4-07f5-46dc-b5d8-3c37b655c177)]" Read more...

The big thing in this Post that no one seemed to touch on is the fact that Jerry Jones has opened his big mouth again and has promised fans that the Giants are in for a BUTT KICKING. this after they have not played all that well since they beat us. He wont catch us napping this time around on a SB Hangover. I think we will see him in his BOX with that SAD look on his face as the clock ticks down on this one.

TextureDj
10-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes it was very upsetting we couldnt hold them on 3rd and 23. I figured here it comes. we stop em and eli does what he does best and gets us to OT. but overall I agree, we didnt deserve to win that. JJ called it and said they would beat us and they did.Even a blind squirrel using a broken clock is on time for breakfast twice a day.

Wait, wut?

Parademon
10-25-2012, 01:06 AM
JJ said that they would kick our Butts in big D. Over on the Boys board, there is this tool Boys fan who says that even if the Boys don't bring their A game, they still beat us by 10! That people, is the definition of a delusional super homer!

Captain Chaos
10-25-2012, 04:16 AM
I think there is a ton of truth to what he said, the D line was not disciplines and the CBs were getting burned on nearly every play.